So, what are the top games on the PS Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I just got myself a Vita on Saturday; it was the Walking Dead bundle, so it was a brand new Vita, a 4GB Memory Card, and the game itself.

Apart from The Walking Dead, I have, variously, the following games: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman Origins, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.. I wanted to know, from the Vita owners, what other games I should be looking into.

I already am interested in Persona 4 Golden, Killzone Mercenaries, and Soul Sacrifice; whereas I am not a fan, I'm willing to be sold on LittleBigPlanet. Tearaway looks really interesting, and I might pick up Assassin's Creed Liberation too. Any other games Vita owners think I should absolutely look into?

Oh, as for the system itself, it's gorgeous, and it just feels so good. I really like the screen, and the hardware, and that Dpad is a thing of beauty. The analog sticks are surprisingly great. The entire unit just feels sturdy and premium. I like the OS generally, although I hate how simple things like the Friends List, Trophies List, Messaging, are all cordoned off into their own apps.

Anyway, what are the top games?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'd say, Gravity rush, Persona 4 golden, Killzone Mercenary, Lego Batman 2, Uncharted and a plethora of other games, Sly cooper on it is also pretty good, though I only played the first hour or so.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

AC Liberation: don't bother. The framerate on Vita really makes the game chore. Especially when considering there will be a superior HD version that is coming out on consoles.

P4G: Get yo ass out right now and get this bad boy

Soul Sacrifice: not bad. If you get it, we should play together. It's like Monster Hunter but actually playable and isn't grind-fest bullsh*t. The action is oddly satisfying, and you don't need to hit the monsters like a million times to bring it down.

Muramasa Rebirth: because HD sushis are awesome.

KZM: I don't know about now, but in Beta, the MP seemed pretty unbalanced. And supposedly the SP is like 4-5 hours long. Wouldn't get it on full-price if I were you.

DJMAX Technika Tune: Get it. Nao.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Ports and or cheap spinoffs of console games. It's really sad.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Give it a few days, you'll hate the OS more and more. It's really bad.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Gravity Rush is one of the best handheld games ive ever played, thats my favorite game on the system.

Persona 4: Golden

Killzone:Mercenary

Soul Sacrifice

Little Big Planet:Vita

Also lots of good indie games (Some of which are actually better on Vita)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#7  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Well done, sir. I love the Vita, play some PSP downloaded games on mine. KZ liberation is like $10 on PS store. KZ mercenary is great, I'm also liking AC Liberation. Gravity rush, Uncharted, NGS+ are what I currently have. I liked Resistance Burning skies as well.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

^ Lots of good suggestions.

You also might want to give Sine Mora a try... it was free on PS+ at one stage.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Persona 4 Golden is the only game you need.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I'd say, Gravity rush, Persona 4 golden, Killzone Mercenary, , Uncharted and a plethora of other games,

i would recomend that to any Vita owner

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

If you don't don't know Japanese you're in and will be in for slim pickings from here on out. From what's been released outside of Japan: DJ Max Technica Tune, Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Unit 13. Exclusives only minus P4G because that has over 20 hours of new content and should be played by anyone with a Vita.

Coming up. Tearaway and Y's IV look like must haves. Well Y's is from experience. MM has a good track record though.

Looking rough for non Japanese speakers in 2014 outside of niche Japanese titles but doesn't effect me.

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

Aside from all the games mentioned, I'll also launch in Dragons Crown and Spelunky!

People saying either A) the operating system is crap or B) the Vita has no games are to be completely ignored.

I've had a 3DS since launch and Vita for roughly a year now, and I can honestly say the Vita is by far the better machine. Games and OS as well as hardware.

Number of games bought on 3DS - 6 (though still not picked up Pokemon - the soul reason for me still owning a 3DS!)

Number of games bought on Vita - 23

Have fun with your new console buddy!

Also get KZ:M and get online.

mulac2910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mulac2910
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

Just got a Vita aswell as there are some great deals at the moment. Had it a few days and I'm addicted to Dragons Crown. Can't wait to play all the free games I have collected on PSN+ for the past year....

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together are a couple of the best games ever made and happen to be playable on the vita, so get on that.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Killzone Mercenaries - Fantastic game online and offline. Single player is definitely Killzone style and the multiplayer reeks of awesomeness.

Persona 4 Golden - Amazing game in every aspect. Buy this now.

Muramasa Rebirth - One of the best 2D sidescrollers I have ever played.

Soul Sacrifice - Monster Hunter minus the grinding and cheap deaths (for the most part). Great game as well.

Valhalla Knights 3 - Alot like Soul Sacrifice just with more of a medieval feel to it.

etc etc. There's more than a few others worth checking out. I really enjoyed Ragnarok Odyssey as well.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Gravity Rush

Dragon's Crown

Spelunky

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Guacamelee

LittleBigPlanet

Persona 4 Golden

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

gravity rush, littlebigplanet and persona 4 golden

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Really? My message got deleted? Nice to know simple jokes aren't allowed anymore.