so well all agree the Ninja Gaiden: Black is?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 LanternCorps
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

still the greatest action game ever created

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

nope

god of war 2 is

we will never all agree

LanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LanternCorps

@da_illest101: god of war 2 is trash in terms of technical gameplay...maybe presentation wise..but ninja gaiden is much better then the gow series

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Thats not how you spell DMC1.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I can agree with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-594be627b82ba

@lanterncorps: I disagree, I find god of war has the best gameplay and presentation. Nothing wrong with ninja gaiden great serie, except the third one, I just don't find it as good as god of war

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nope. DMC3 is imo. (the original not the newb aimed Special Edition)

In fact, I'm a HnS fan and played almost all of the main series and beyond... I would rate them like this

DMC 3 > GoW 1 > MGR:R > Bayonetta > GoW 2 > DMC 1 > NGB/NGS > GoW3/A > DMC4/DmC > NG2/S2 > NG3:RE > DMC 2

This is my honest opinion on the genre, though have in mind I'm counting this titles based on their overall quality, NOT combat alone cause if so then GoW would be last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@lanterncorps said:

@da_illest101: god of war 2 is trash in terms of technical gameplay...maybe presentation wise..but ninja gaiden is much better then the gow series

What do you mean "technical gameplay"? Cause I hope you're not confusing "gameplay" with "combat". NG combat is better than GoW, sure but what about platforming? Puzzles? etc,etc. GoW is technically a better game than NG cause its a more varied game and well made aswell. NG camera for example, is simply atrocious and THAT afects gameplay. So no, NG gameplay isnt better than GoW, its combat is...

LanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LanternCorps

@Vatusus: and its combat is way better

how can you put god of war 1 better then bayonetta in terms of combat depth, are you serious

what about DMC 4 best combat engine their is...

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

In my Opinion God of War 1 or 2 are the best. Loved those games.

But Ninja gaiden is a fantastic game too

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

People have varying opinions... We won't all agree n anything

I'm personally fond of the Japanese developed Devil May Cry franchise with their perfect and deep control schemes and a ranking system that pushes it beyond most other hack n slashes completely.

God of War doesn't belong in this thread when it's up against DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising, and Bayonetta all of which have far superior combat mechanics.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I've only played NG and not NG:B but I loved it.

That being said DMC1 is my personal favorite of the genre.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

the only thing NG Black is...is hard as ****...my god...this game isnt for the weak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@lanterncorps said:

@Vatusus: and its combat is way better

how can you put god of war 1 better then bayonetta in terms of combat depth, are you serious

what about DMC 4 best combat engine their is...

are you mentally challenged? learn2read

I said: "I'm counting this titles based on their overall quality, NOT combat alone"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
@Pikminmaniac said:

God of War doesn't belong in this thread when it's up against DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising, and Bayonetta all of which have far superior combat mechanics.

Oh, shut up with your pretentiousness.GoW deserves very much to be in this thread cause OP asked wich is the best action game, not "best combat in a action game". You dont like cinematic games but others do, and GoW is among the best, like it or not

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Black? sounds kind of racist

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Contains the worst camera ever in a video game? Yus.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I agree. Too bad Itagaki tried so hard to copy God of War and ruined everything. I remember reading an interview on Gamepro where he dissed GOW because the game was a button masher with many enemies but dumb AI. Itagaki said that what made Ninja Gaiden superior to every other action game was his focus on better AI over numbers... Right... Then he made Ninja Gaiden 2....

-__-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ev33v7E_Pw

But anyway, action games these days are all about mashing buttons and insanely over the top action on screen. So, Ninja Gaiden is literally the only one of its kind. =/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-594be627b82ba

@Vatusus said:

@lanterncorps said:

What do you mean "technical gameplay"? Cause I hope you're not confusing "gameplay" with "combat". NG combat is better than GoW, sure but what about platforming? Puzzles? etc,etc. GoW is technically a better game than NG cause its a more varied game and well made aswell. NG camera for example, is simply atrocious and THAT afects gameplay. So no, NG gameplay isnt better than GoW, its combat is...

I meant to say technical and gameplay. I disagree with you though I find God of war combat better than NG. I have yet to play a game where I enjoyed the combat more than god of war's style. To me it's better than Ng, DMC and bayonetrash ( to me that game was all flash no substance). I haven't played Mgs rising so I can't comment on it, but I'm not a fan of platinum games so my hopes aren't very high. When it comes to DMC I only played the fourth one ( I keep hearing the third one is the best, but I haven't played) and I'm currently downloading the new DMC. I'll play it eventually, I have other games that I'm into.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@da_illest101 said:

@Vatusus said:

@lanterncorps said:

I meant to say technical and gameplay. I disagree with you though I find God of war combat better than NG. I have yet to play a game where I enjoyed the combat more than god of war's style. To me it's better than Ng, DMC and bayonetrash ( to me that game was all flash no substance). I haven't played Mgs rising so I can't comment on it, but I'm not a fan of platinum games so my hopes aren't very high. When it comes to DMC I only played the fourth one ( I keep hearing the third one is the best, but I haven't played) and I'm currently downloading the new DMC. I'll play it eventually, I have other games that I'm into.

My reply was aimed @ lanterncorps, not you. sorry

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#21 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

After playing it almost to the end, I can understand why many people would put it among their top action games of all time. However, it does not reside there with mine. I enjoyed Bayonetta significantly more than I did the game in question here.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#22  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nah, Lollipop Chainsaw is, followed by Blades of Time.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Oh, shut up with your pretentiousness.GoW deserves very much to be in this thread cause OP asked wich is the best action game, not "best combat in a action game". You dont like cinematic games but others do, and GoW is among the best, like it or not

I actually really liked the first God of War a lot, but I also really like injustice. When asked what the best fighter is, I'd never mention injustice in a million years. When asked what the best action game is, I look at the core components that are most important to an action game and that's the combat above all else. So God of War, while adding some great puzzles to the mix, gets disqualified for me. Its action elements don't compete

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

DMC 2 was the best we all know it

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Since NGB I still haven't played a game that made me feel like a badass without making all of the enemies weak ass fodder or trying to counter my badassedness with really cheap ass enemies.

NGB, for me somehow hit that sweet spot. A regular enemy could kill you just as fast as a boss if you weren't careful and for some reason it never felt cheap.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

**** yeah it is.

Ninja Gaiden Black is godly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
deactivated-5851fca92f6f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Agreed, with Devil May Cry 3 being a close 2nd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Vatusus said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

I actually really liked the first God of War a lot, but I also really like injustice. When asked what the best fighter is, I'd never mention injustice in a million years. When asked what the best action game is, I look at the core components that are most important to an action game and that's the combat above all else. So God of War, while adding some great puzzles to the mix, gets disqualified for me.

See, I have no prob with your opinion but when someone reads "GoW doesnt belong in this thread" I'll take that kind of moronic sentence as something said by someone who thinks his opinion is fact when its not.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Contains the worst camera ever in a video game? Yus.

Na. Ninja Gaiden's camera isn't good, but it's serviceable. Ninja Gaiden 2's camera on the other hand.......

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Nop, i have to go with Devil May Cry 3 on this one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

@Vatusus said:

@lanterncorps said:

Platforming that has nothing really going for it other than being a get you to point A and point B mechanic that's only really used for the sake of pacing, and puzzles that require one to be exceptionally stupid for them to be considered a mild threat or even remotely clever. At best all those mechanics do is help pace the action of God of War 2, but the overall gameplay is easily inferior to a NG game. Be it in raw depth or moment to moment gameplay segment. NG flat out plays better and is a more satisfying experience for it.

God of War is, has, and always will be glorified shallow horse piss.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

NGB is my #1, but NG2, DMC3 and Bayo are all great as well.

And lol at GoW even being mentioned in this topic. GoW does many things well, but not gameplay. Comparing GoW to NGB is like comparing Little Big Planet to Super Meat Boy, or Mortal Kombat 1 to Street Fighter II.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

NGB is my #1, but NG2,

Just started Master Ninja on NG2 the other day, holy fucking nonsense. Those white archers are the mother fucking devil. Even worse if they have an incendiary shuriken. Mother fuckers throw strikes on the fucking money like they are Aaron Rodgers or something. Got to the Falcon Talons part, and promptly got my ass handed to me.

This is bullshit conan.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

Just started Master Ninja on NG2 the other day, holy fucking nonsense. Those white archers are the mother fucking devil. Even worse if they have an incendiary shuriken. Mother fuckers throw strikes on the fucking money like they are Aaron Rodgers or something. Got to the Falcon Talons part, and promptly got my ass handed to me.

This is bullshit conan.

Haha yeah man, bullshit is putting it lightly. Even if you manage to dodge the incendiary shuriken, you still might get caught by the splash damage... fucking BRUTAL game.

I couldn't even manage it on my own, I would visit the NG2 boards every day and use it as a support group. Some guy named Remi pretty much dissected the game and would walk us through each encounter like a bunch of babies...

Good luck man, I don't have that kind of patience anymore.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jg4xchamp
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

This is bullshit conan.

Haha yeah man, bullshit is putting it lightly. Even if you manage to dodge the incendiary shuriken, you still might get caught by the splash damage... fucking BRUTAL game.

I couldn't even manage it on my own, I would visit the NG2 boards every day and use it as a support group. Some guy named Remi pretty much dissected the game and would walk us through each encounter like a bunch of babies...

Good luck man, I don't have that kind of patience anymore.

It's so infuriating man. The wife came in asking what i wanted for dinner, and I damn near exploded because of being shuriken raped for the umpteenth time. Itagaki that cookie faced asshole.

But that feel when you conquer a chapter on Master Ninja: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAMN!!!

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

the only thing NG Black is...is hard as ****...my god...this game isnt for the weak

I beat the game 5 times, all the challenges, but haven't got through master ninja difficulty sp.

it made me cry when I was a kid literally.....

the nunchuku in that game,

best weapon in any action game period

@getyeryayasout said:

I agree that NGB was sent to us from above upon the wings of angels to devistate lame first person shooters and Izuna Drop mind numbing RPGs. Thank you ItaGodki, may I have another?

lets hope so,

the devils third better be the next kid Icarus in terms of how smooth and seamless the transition from guns to melee

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

It's so infuriating man. The wife came in asking what i wanted for dinner, and I damn near exploded because of being shuriken raped for the umpteenth time. Itagaki that cookie faced asshole.

But that feel when you conquer a chapter on Master Ninja: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAMN!!!

Hell yes man, so damn rewarding! I was more excited when I cleared Master Ninja than I was when I got my degree... not even shitting you lol. I remember stepping outside and yelling at the top of my lungs. It went something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GZvNqch30

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

God of War>>>>DMC>>>>Ninja Gaiden. in my opinion of course

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

For me it still remains the best, yes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@getyeryayasout: Bro, its already the header of my cover letter. And yes, those results are spot on.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

which is why i played it for 20min..then stopped..I dont mind a little challenge,but when a game makes me mad and i have to do things over and over 10x..im done..i dont have time for that mess.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

The thing is, when you go into the game, do not expect your enemies to stand around like ornamentation. And do not think you can go button mashing either. Attack once or twice and prepare to either block or roll the hell away because your enemies can and will flank and destroy you. Use devastating combos only when you know you are in the clear. Understand UTs (Ultimate Techniques) and how perform on-land-charge-UTs. Observe how Ninpo magic, certain frames of rolling etc. grants you Invincibility Frames (IFs). Use the concept of IFs to literally go through attacks that usually hit you.

Keep this in mind and you should be able to do reasonably well. At least NGB doesn't have projectile spam like NG 2. My goodness, NG 2 is like a projectile spammer's wet dream.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@VanDammFan said:

@stereointegrity said:

which is why i played it for 20min..then stopped..I dont mind a little challenge,but when a game makes me mad and i have to do things over and over 10x..im done..i dont have time for that mess.

Then you should have switched to ninja dog difficulty, like i have done in the past. Normal difficulty was ridiculously hard, though dying a few times (three times iirc) i could unlock the ninja dog difficulty level which is much more lenient.

The first boss is one of the hardest in the game, i died like.. 4 times at him, yet i had no problem with the next 5 bosses because by then i learned how to play and had plenty of health potions. The bone dragon is my favorite boss up until that stage.

After that, there are certain combos you can learn early in the game that makes it even more easier to fight almost every single enemy in the game, like the Flying Swallow, now that particular combo is very easy to perform and has saved me countless times out of a fight.

Just be defensive and methodical with your approach to any combat situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@jg4xchamp said:

@Vatusus said:

@lanterncorps said:

What do you mean "technical gameplay"? Cause I hope you're not confusing "gameplay" with "combat". NG combat is better than GoW, sure but what about platforming? Puzzles? etc,etc. GoW is technically a better game than NG cause its a more varied game and well made aswell. NG camera for example, is simply atrocious and THAT afects gameplay. So no, NG gameplay isnt better than GoW, its o combat is...

Platforming that has nothing really going for it other than being a get you to point A and point B mechanic that's only really used for the sake of pacing, and puzzles that require one to be exceptionally stupid for them to be considered a mild threat or even remotely clever. At best all those mechanics do is help pace the action of God of War 2, but the overall gameplay is easily inferior to a NG game. Be it in raw depth or moment to moment gameplay segment. NG flat out plays better and is a more satisfying experience for it.

God of War is, has, and always will be glorified shallow horse piss.

Cool opinion you got there bra. One me and many others dont agree with. NG gameplay is fast and satisfying but rather shallow when compared to the complexity of a DMC 3/4, Bayonetta or even MGR. When compared to these NG gameplay is horse piss. More flash over substance and NG3:RE proved that, cause even with the same combat as the others the game was still trashed critically, proving its combat alone cant carry the game on its own, contrary to the likes of DMC or Bayonetta. Thats shows shallow mechanics if you ask me. And I like how you refer pacing as not being gamplay, when its directly connected with it. Sure GoWs platforming isnt the best you can find or the puzzles overcomplex but they had a nice change of pace from the main mechanics wich IS gameplay. For me, overall as a game GoW managed to entertain me more than any NG, and yes, I played all of them besides the original NG before black. Give me combo based combat over a mechanic based on blocking and dodging any time of the week.

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

DMC1 > DMC3 > NGB/S > BAYONETTA > NG2 > GOW3 > GOW2 > GOW1 > DMC4 > DMC2=NG3

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@Lucianu said:

@VanDammFan said:

@stereointegrity said:

Then you should have switched to ninja dog difficulty, like i have done in the past. Normal difficulty was ridiculously hard, though dying a few times (three times iirc) i could unlock the ninja dog difficulty level which is much more lenient.

The first boss is one of the hardest in the game, i died like.. 4 times at him, yet i had no problem with the next 5 bosses because by then i learned how to play and had plenty of health potions. The bone dragon is my favorite boss up until that stage.

After that, there are certain combos you can learn early in the game that makes it even more easier to fight almost every single enemy in the game, like the Flying Swallow, now that particular combo is very easy to perform and has saved me countless times out of a fight.

Just be defensive and methodical with your approach to any combat situation.

stick N move..stick N move!!..RUN N MOVE!!!..lol

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

one of the very few challenging games made after the xbox era today I rarely find a game where I get frustrated dying so much that I have to quit for then try agian later