So we're not going to talk about Halo on Steam?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

I just found out Halo: Spartan Assault was recently launched on Steam.

Yeah Halo? On STEAM???

ALSO get this.

If you search for groups, above Spartan Assault you will find, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 OFFICIAL GROUPS!

AND YET no one is talking about it here.

This is potentially HUGE news! Steam getting Halo before Xbone? That's a huge blow.

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

It's a mobile port for Windows, what is there to talk about ?

Also, I think it's already out on Xbone too.

Besides Halo MS is also publishing Age of Mythology EX and Max on Steam. That's almost as many games as they are publishing on Xbone :O

#3 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

But teh Exclussiveh, etc. etc.

So it doesn't count, etc. etc.

#4 Posted by Bardock47 (5322 posts) -

As a Halo fan, idgaf about Spartan Assault.

#5 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

Put FS on Steam please!

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (9011 posts) -

Pc gamers are use to higher quality FPS. For men.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (41031 posts) -

What?

Spartan Assault is pretty meh. Nobody cares about it.

#8 Edited by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers are use to higher quality FPS. For men.

Spartan Assault isn't an FPS it's a top-down arcade shooter...

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (9011 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers are use to higher quality FPS. For men.

Spartan Assault isn't an FPS it's a top-down arcade shooter...

My friend, you might want to read the OP.

Also Halo isnt very good, everyone agrees.

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3621 posts) -

Spartan Assault is amazing. Don't listen to freak.

#11 Posted by Vatusus (4699 posts) -

Fvck Halo. Gears1 should go to steam

#12 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Fvck Halo. Gears1 should go to steam

Thats not as far fetched an idea as you might think.

#13 Posted by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

It's already a mulit plat

#14 Edited by lostrib (37787 posts) -

Well Halo has appeared multiple times now in the Steam Database, so I'm just at the point where I will believe it when I see it. And then I will buy it when it's on sale

#15 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Pc gamers scrapping the bottom of the barrel for ownage. I mean really, the xbone is a hilarious piece of self owning garbage anyway, this is just a drop in the bucket .

#16 Posted by RR360DD (11996 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:
Steam getting Halo before Xbone? That's a huge blow.

Except XOne already has Halo spartan assault ...

#17 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

I would like to play ODST, Reach, and 4. It would be nice if they came to the PC so I could play them online, but if not I will eventually pick up an Xbox 360 for ~$99 and I will get them then.

#18 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42983 posts) -

Hopefully all the Halo games come to Steam.

#19 Edited by glez13 (8876 posts) -

I never got the memo of why Halo and Halo 2 aren't on Steam.

#20 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@glez13 said:

I never got the memo of why Halo and Halo 2 aren't on Steam.

Well, Halo 2 is a Games for Vista title. But Combat Evolved should probably be up there. Putting that on Steam, and porting the rest of the series, would make them a considerable amount of money.

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (17771 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I just found out Halo: Spartan Assault was recently launched on Steam.

Yeah Halo? On STEAM???

ALSO get this.

If you search for groups, above Spartan Assault you will find, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 OFFICIAL GROUPS!

AND YET no one is talking about it here.

This is potentially HUGE news! Steam getting Halo before Xbone? That's a huge blow.

Spartan Assault is on the X1. I don't understand

#22 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hopefully all the Halo games come to Steam.

that would be awesome. halo 3's muitplayer was so perfect

#23 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hopefully all the Halo games come to Steam.

that would be awesome. halo 3's muitplayer was so perfect

I don't know if I want to live through BR spread again. That was stupid.

#24 Posted by cantloginnow (232 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers are use to higher quality FPS. For men.

Spartan Assault isn't an FPS it's a top-down arcade shooter...

My friend, you might want to read the OP.

Also Halo isnt very good, everyone agrees.

Ah yes,Halo,nobody likes that game.lol

#25 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hopefully all the Halo games come to Steam.

that would be awesome. halo 3's muitplayer was so perfect

I don't know if I want to live through BR spread again. That was stupid.

i rather deal with that than deal with halo reaches MP

#26 Posted by DaBrainz (7673 posts) -

Its not real Halo

#27 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

53 on Metacritic.

Yeah....enjoy.

#28 Posted by Motokid6 (5729 posts) -

@xboxdone74: Why dont you go play a video game for once?

#29 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I just found out Halo: Spartan Assault was recently launched on Steam.

Yeah Halo? On STEAM???

ALSO get this.

If you search for groups, above Spartan Assault you will find, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 OFFICIAL GROUPS!

AND YET no one is talking about it here.

This is potentially HUGE news! Steam getting Halo before Xbone? That's a huge blow.

Spartan Assault. You answered your own question.

#30 Edited by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hopefully all the Halo games come to Steam.

that would be awesome. halo 3's muitplayer was so perfect

I don't know if I want to live through BR spread again. That was stupid.

i rather deal with that than deal with halo reaches MP

I'd much rather have Reach's MP with a fixed armor lock and bloom than deal with Halo 3's nonsense.

#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I'd like some of the later Halo games on Steam. Like Halo 3,ODST,Reach

#32 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

heh, didn't know Spartan Assault was on One.

No one talks about it so...

#33 Posted by locopatho (20385 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

heh, didn't know Spartan Assault was on One.

No one talks about it so...

It's a port of a mobile phone game, no one really cares to be honest.

#34 Posted by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC, they just need a proper steam release. Pretty sure they will make it there eventually. Can't say the same about the rest of them though.

#35 Posted by locopatho (20385 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC, they just need a proper steam release. Pretty sure they will make it there eventually. Can't say the same about the rest of them though.

It's a shame Games for Windows was so crap. I don't see MS ever putting their biggest and best games on Steam but I could so them having Xbox/PC releases on their own store system. Be cool to get Halo 5 on PC :P

#36 Posted by Heartagram_03 (3553 posts) -

Am I the only one that hopes Halo Wars has a PC release on steam? Halo Wars was flippin amazing with friends.

#37 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (155 posts) -

I don't believe Spartan Assault is an FPS. I believe it's an RTS like Halo Wars, which I thought was so-so but nothing great. Consoles were not really made for the RTS genre, that's where PC gaming comes in. If you want to play Halo why not just buy an Xbox 360? It's pretty cheap now, and so are the Halo games.

#38 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

lol PC gamers are getting hyped over console games from last gen and even 2 gens ago. Beg mawr pc plebs.

#39 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16422 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Couth_ said:

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC, they just need a proper steam release. Pretty sure they will make it there eventually. Can't say the same about the rest of them though.

It's a shame Games for Windows was so crap. I don't see MS ever putting their biggest and best games on Steam but I could so them having Xbox/PC releases on their own store system. Be cool to get Halo 5 on PC :P

You must mean Games for Windows Live, not Games for Windows. GFW is fine. GFWL is one steaming pile. Because of it, I can't get Bulletstorm to work now. Good thing it's the only GFWL game I have.

#40 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7428 posts) -

It is such a huge blow? Huge blow to Steam that a Halo fan will wait to play it on THE ONE.

#41 Edited by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -

I want ODST and Reach on PC before those other games.

#42 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2607 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@xboxdone74: Why dont you go play a video game for once?

He failed his last exam. So mommy won't buy him one.

#43 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: that blows so fucking hard about games for windows live.

it also sucks.

it's giving me cognitive dissonance about the whole thing!

#44 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16422 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@jun_aka_pekto: that blows so fucking hard about games for windows live.

it also sucks.

it's giving me cognitive dissonance about the whole thing!

The other DRMs such as Uplay and Origin are pretty much following Steam's example. For a while, I thought Uplay and Origin's Offline options were better than Steam's. But, it seems like Steam, in turn has followed suit.

I can't see why GFWL can't be like the others. As it is right now, I avoid it like the plague.

#45 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@locopatho said:

@Couth_ said:

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC, they just need a proper steam release. Pretty sure they will make it there eventually. Can't say the same about the rest of them though.

It's a shame Games for Windows was so crap. I don't see MS ever putting their biggest and best games on Steam but I could so them having Xbox/PC releases on their own store system. Be cool to get Halo 5 on PC :P

You must mean Games for Windows Live, not Games for Windows. GFW is fine. GFWL is one steaming pile. Because of it, I can't get Bulletstorm to work now. Good thing it's the only GFWL game I have.

I have read online that bulletstorm will still work if you pull your ethernet cord. I haven't tried it myself, though. This had better not make Batman stop working. That would be awful.

#46 Edited by TheShadowLord07 (22143 posts) -

If the first halo game appears on steam, then I wonder what they would do with the multiplayer because its servers are supposedly shutting down this month. And give me all the halo games besides the tablet game. And I would like to try out halo wars on pc cause the rts general is lacking in sci fi games besides starcraft and c&c.

#47 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12203 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Batman can be registered to Steam. I believe it automatically upgrades you to the GOTY edition when you do so.

#48 Posted by WallofTruth (1753 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:


Besides Halo MS is also publishing Age of Mythology EX and Max on Steam.

What is "Max"?

#49 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@R4gn4r0k said:


Besides Halo MS is also publishing Age of Mythology EX and Max on Steam.

What is "Max"?

Max: The Curse of The brotherhood

Published by Microsoft on Xbox One, 360 and on Steam.

#50 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@locopatho said:

@Couth_ said:

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC, they just need a proper steam release. Pretty sure they will make it there eventually. Can't say the same about the rest of them though.

It's a shame Games for Windows was so crap. I don't see MS ever putting their biggest and best games on Steam but I could so them having Xbox/PC releases on their own store system. Be cool to get Halo 5 on PC :P

You must mean Games for Windows Live, not Games for Windows. GFW is fine. GFWL is one steaming pile. Because of it, I can't get Bulletstorm to work now. Good thing it's the only GFWL game I have.

I have read online that bulletstorm will still work if you pull your ethernet cord. I haven't tried it myself, though. This had better not make Batman stop working. That would be awful.

Bulletstorm was moved to Origin recently. Batman games moved to steamworks.

You can activate Bulletstorm on origin by using your CD-key. If you have the game on steam, it also came with a cd-key you can activate on Origin.