`So this gonna be a boring gen on SW....

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

PS4 has the best mutiplat performance and vies with Nintendo for best exclusives.

PC is arguably better but depends on how much you like Sony 1st party/local multiplayer.

Anything we can do to make things more interesting?

I vote that we should all make Ouya games to give PS4 some competitsh,

#2 Posted by Ballroompirate (22196 posts) -

SW is boring cause GS took all the amazing things about their website.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

boring? I think you're wrong there locoZombie.

It be much too young in the gen to make such assertions.

I mean currently the XBO has some quality games in the pipeline, such as Quantum Breakfast, and possibly Forza Horizon 2. I think it will be close between PS4 and XBO, with the Wii U doing it's own thing this gen.

#4 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

There were never amazing things about GS. Except Gerstmann reviews.

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

We're a little early. As an example, look at the PS3...

#6 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

We still have the final demise of the xbone to look forward to, when xboners realize the xbone lost the gen last july. We will see lots of xboner tears and whining which is always good for the real gamer soul.

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

SW did die hard and became MooAltVille. MAV, yo!

#8 Edited by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

When will cows get a good game? seems enough tom foolery for me alone.

#9 Edited by Krelian-co (10210 posts) -

PS4 has the best mutiplat performance and vies with Nintendo for best exclusives.

PC is arguably better but depends on how much you like Sony 1st party/local multiplayer.

Anything we can do to make things more interesting?

I vote that we should all make Ouya games to give PS4 some competitsh,

worry not, lems will make enough bs and excuses all gen long.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Moooooooooooo! :)

#11 Posted by Shewgenja (8296 posts) -

I, for one, welcome our PS4 overlord. This should be a golden age in gaming where developers can focus on the second most powerful gaming platform to appeal to a large installed fanbase and keep their doors open. This will mean more games and more types of games competing for gaming dollars rather than increasingly conservative publishers lording us over with an endless litany of "me-too" titles.

The System Wars may be boring, but soon, we'll be talking about what really counts and that is.... Games.

#12 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

When will cows get a good game? seems enough tom foolery for me alone.

Uh in the past with Resogun? And the near future with Infamous?

#13 Posted by Ballroompirate (22196 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I still see more herm alts than anything, actually I would say there's just as many herm alts as there are cow alts.

#14 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

So just to confirm: no one's up for making Ouya games with me? :'(

#15 Edited by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I still see more herm alts than anything, actually I would say there's just as many herm alts as there are cow alts.

Whoa, that's a hardcore statement. I see far more Cow alts, especially due to the X1/PS4 rivalry. We should do a count... I'm too lazy, so we won't :P

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

Indie title that are a dime a dozen (that style anyway) and an unproven yet? that will be entirely overshadowed. lets be honest, so close to release and the game has recieved little hype, little impressive footage. I would be shocked at this point if it ammounts to anything close to "omg i need the system for that game."

#17 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

You have to really get into it...

#18 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

The PS4 is losing the exclusive war to the Xbox One, unless we are again playing the "just wait" game...

#19 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Indie title that are a dime a dozen (that style anyway) and an unproven yet? that will be entirely overshadowed. lets be honest, so close to release and the game has recieved little hype, little impressive footage. I would be shocked at this point if it ammounts to anything close to "omg i need the system for that game."

Prepare to be shocked I guess. Infamous is quality.

#20 Posted by Ballroompirate (22196 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Gotta do the chibi cow for Sweenix lol :D

#21 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@locopatho said:

The PS4 is losing the exclusive war to the Xbox One, unless we are again playing the "just wait" game...

I see Forza vs Killzone and Resogun so far? WIth Infamous and The Order incoming for PS4? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#22 Edited by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -

Eh, we'll see at E3's and such. Give it some time. It's pretty boring right now. This goes for the games available on both platforms, and SW.

#23 Edited by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Gotta do the chibi cow for Sweenix lol :D

Sweenix loves dat sh*t.

#24 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

Moo.

#25 Edited by Shewgenja (8296 posts) -

The last time the most powerful console "won" a console war was back in the SNES era and even then it took it a few years to catch up and beat the Genesis. What we're headed into is an unprecedented console era. People should relax. Stop and smell the roses. We were supposed to all be bowing before the altar of iOS/Android games and instead, we're going right into a golden era.

#26 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

Boring? Lemmings are acting like an 8-year-old brat crying, "MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD!!!"

Everyone else is just pointing and laughing nonchalantly. The only reason I come here is to see lemmings cry.

#27 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

The last time the most powerful console "won" a console war was back in the SNES era and even then it took it a few years to catch up and beat the Genesis. What we're headed into is an unprecedented console era. People should relax. Stop and smell the roses. We were supposed to all be bowing before the altar of iOS/Android games and instead, we're going right into a golden era.

It's not very golden yet. It's pretty much a few 360 games in 1080P right now. Meh.

#28 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13050 posts) -

According to lems E3 will be a table turner.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off I guarantee it

#29 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

Boring? Lemmings are acting like an 8-year-old brat crying, "MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD!!!"

Everyone else is just pointing and laughing nonchalantly. The only reason I come here is to see lemmings cry.

Isn't that boring tho. Xbox (and WiiU for that matter) is failing TOO hard to be funny I think

#30 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -
#31 Posted by Ballroompirate (22196 posts) -

Eh, we'll see at E3's and such. Give it some time. It's pretty boring right now. This goes for the games available on both platforms, and SW.

You're boring mwahaha

#32 Posted by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -
#33 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

You're boring mwahaha

Aaaaand Freedom is killing people again.

Quick, someone get Freedom a Freaking game before he knocks the entirety of SW into last week...

#34 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

Isn't that boring tho. Xbox (and WiiU for that matter) is failing TOO hard to be funny I think

Despite what mod asskissers say, this section is fanboy wars to many people like me. I don't care about consoles that much. I just want to get into flaming wars with Xboners.

#35 Posted by Ballroompirate (22196 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

You're boring mwahaha

Damn makes me want to watch the Matrix again, Agent Smith/Hugo Weaving is such a BAMF

#36 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@MisterXMedia said:

Despite what mod asskissers say, this section is fanboy wars to many people like me. I don't care about consoles that much. I just want to get into flaming wars with Xboners.

Fair enough. Open season for that it seems :)

#37 Posted by glez13 (8548 posts) -

XBONE has the DX12 secret sauce!!!

Just wait and see how multiplats become superior on the BONE!!!

#38 Edited by kinectthedots (1576 posts) -

I think there will be a lot of PC vs PS4 threads this gen with many lemmings hiding behind PC and building any type of rig to make arguments.

All of the old excuses to say xbox360 was better than PS3 work against xbox one now. The only thing lemmings have to hang on to is the fact that Gamespot gave one of it's exclusive games an AAAE score.

They are pushing this AAA or no games thing really hard now (just like the beginning of last gen), it's like they don't remember what happend last gen when PS3 over took 360 in AAAEs and they had to change arguments and jumped to what console had the most A, AA, AAAE games...and then droppped the exclusive requirement all together because PS3 beat it there as well.

Hiding behind PC to make arguments against PS4 (already happening) is the only thing left for xbox defenders to do so that will end up being the bulk of arguments here in SW in my opinion.

#39 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

I think there will be a lot of PC vs PS4 threads this gen with many lemmings hiding behind PC and building any type of rig to make arguments.

All of the old excuses to say xbox360 was better than PS3 work against xbox one now. The only thing lemmings have to hang on to is the fact that Gamespot gave one of it's exclusive games an AAAE score.

They are pushing this AAA or no games thing really hard now (just like the beginning of last gen), it's like they don't remember what happend last gen when PS3 over took 360 in AAAEs and they had to change arguments and jumped to what console had the most A, AA, AAAE games...and then droppped the exclusive requirement all together because PS3 beat it there as well.

Hiding behind PC to make arguments against PS4 (already happening) is the only thing left for xbox defenders to do so that will end up being the bulk of arguments here in SW in my opinion.

Well for me it's always about A, AA, and AAA games (good great anad amazing). Don't get why it could ever NOT be about that.

Defo agree with 360 argments being in favour of PS4 now.

For me, 360 clearly won last gen (console wise) and PS4 is clealy winning this gen.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Aaaaand Freedom is killing people again.

Quick, someone get Freedom a Freaking game before he knocks the entirety of SW into last week...

It's tooooooooo laaaaaaaaate!!!!!!

Damn makes me want to watch the Matrix again, Agent Smith/Hugo Weaving is such a BAMF

Do it! Agent Smith is still one of my favorite villains of all time. Just too good.

#41 Posted by Bigboi500 (29068 posts) -

I think we should talk more about sales and resolution, personally.

#42 Posted by mems_1224 (46173 posts) -

Since when does PS4 have better multiplat performance than PC?

Also, sony's exclusive lineup so far is trash.

#43 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

I think we should talk more about sales and resolution, personally.

Now I KNOW you wanna help me make Oura games. It'll be awesome.

#44 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

It'll be boring because consoles have been getting less and less exclusives for a long time now, and people would rather argue about sales and resolutions in place of arguing about games.

Seriously. The Xbox One and PS4 have like two or three confirmed exclusives releasing this year? Let's all jerk each other off over such a huge amount of games!!!!

I really don't know what people are excited for.

#45 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@locopatho said:

I see Forza vs Killzone and Resogun so far? WIth Infamous and The Order incoming for PS4? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Killer Instinct? Ryse?

#46 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6553 posts) -

PS4 is the greatest console this gen without a doubt. Thanks Sony.

#47 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Spartan070 said:

@locopatho said:

Killer Instinct? Ryse?

Ryse is bad. KI ain't great. Tho I suppose it is an A game that I should count.

#48 Edited by KBFloYd (12877 posts) -

killer instinct looks awesome...love watching gameplays...reminds me of marvel vs capcom 3 type of epic.

#49 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@Spartan070 said:

@locopatho said:

@Spartan070 said:

@locopatho said:

Killer Instinct? Ryse?

Ryse is bad. KI ain't great. Tho I suppose it is an A game that I should count.

killer instinct looks awesome...love watching gameplays...reminds me of marvel vs capcom 3 type of epic.

Yeah I played it at an MS event though. Not bad, but a cut below Street FIghter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, etc.

#50 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9694 posts) -

Oh I wouldn't worry about System Wars, its perpetually retarded. Threads will get derailed, Trolls will get fed. Rumors will spread. The other day I stumbled across a thread titled: "Kojima wants MGS V on PC, PC Version confirmed ?" how the hell is that confirmation ? You know when something is actually confirmed ? When its got a review, proving that someone actually played the finnished product. Even games in the late production phase aren't confirmed. Anything could cancel it. Although lately they'l just throw a band aid on it and release it anyway.

Look, bottom line is System Wars is too stupid, too retarded, too petty to ever be boring. Trust me, I'l make sure of that. :p