So should we just call the next generation PS4?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by millerlight89 (18545 posts) -

Anyone else notice that every hermit that post PC specs now has 8GB or more ram :P

On topic... silly overboard topic went overboard.

FragTycoon
Most I have seen have had that in their sigs for 1-2, and sometimes 3 years.
#52 Posted by mariokart64fan (19502 posts) -

nope its wiiu ps4 because you know darn well its a 2 horse race lol ,  and according to this 

http://n4g.com/news/1183208/microsoft-will-most-likely-sell-durango-like-a-cable-box 

its not even going to be a traditional game box ,its going to be a friggin cable box , with movies in mind games will just be a bonus  oh ya did i mention a 2 year to 3 year service contract  , you no pay you go and theyll have cable guys at your door step lol 

#53 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -

nope its wiiu ps4 because you know darn well its a 2 horse race lol ,  and according to this 

http://n4g.com/news/1183208/microsoft-will-most-likely-sell-durango-like-a-cable-box 

its not even going to be a traditional game box ,its going to be a friggin cable box , with movies in mind games will just be a bonus  oh ya did i mention a 2 year to 3 year service contract  , you no pay you go and theyll have cable guys at your door step lol 

mariokart64fan
Great a new bill? I could imagine how kids will be begging there parents for a 3 year contract to XBL. But then again there will probably be less kids on XBL so thats good
#54 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2368 posts) -

i cant for the my life figure out why they would dedicate 3 gigs of ram to the OS on the nextbox... that is absolutely terrible if true, i dont want a piece of **** Kinect 2.0, i want a hardcore gaming system that has awesome graphics and performance.. oh wait theyll have something like that coming out the end of the year, i believe its called a PS4? ;)

#55 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2368 posts) -

Anyone else notice that every hermit that post PC specs now has 8GB or more ram :P

On topic... silly overboard topic went overboard.

FragTycoon

over 2/3rds of PC users dont even have 8 gb of ram in there PC... lmfao the PS4 will have more ram then most computers out there

#56 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -
Lol. Remember when PS3 was gonna own last gen? And yet it lost sales to Wii and games to 360? Yeah silly to be predicting the same lies again.
#57 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -
Lol. Remember when PS3 was gonna own last gen? And yet it lost sales to Wii and games to 360? Yeah silly to be predicting the same lies again.locopatho
I remember when the wiiU came out and the lines were emptier then an NBA game of the charlotte bobcats.
#58 Posted by GeForce- (308 posts) -

PC > all next-gen consoles.

Sorry, better luck next-next-next-next-next-next gen.

#59 Posted by super600 (30664 posts) -

I love how the cows are already declaring sony the winner of next gen.:lol:

#60 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -

GeForce-
Who wants a PC when you have to upgrade the specs every 10 mins
#61 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

PS4 and Next Xbox for sure. I heard next Xbox is going to have 8GB also, but not GDDR5 it has DDR3, so PS4 beats it with ram according to rumors.

Anyways Next Xbox and PS4 I will get both eventually.

True WiiU baby ram and has this gen hardware with a really crappy CPU (Not hating its fact). So I just hope Nintendo goes software after this. Love to see Zelda and Mario on PS4 and Xbox 720.

#62 Posted by GeForce- (308 posts) -

[QUOTE="GeForce-"]

lagreendown

Every 10 mins?

tumblr_lo5iiyRkIT1qfjej5o1_400.gif

[spoiler] More like every 5 years. (depending on the person's needs) [/spoiler]

#63 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

super600
Its more efficient. Whats the point in waiting for reality when they don't give a sh!t about reality?
#64 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -

[QUOTE="lagreendown"][QUOTE="GeForce-"]

GeForce-

Every 10 mins?

fine 20min if you like saving money I suppose...

#65 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

F*cking stupid thread from who else? A cow.

Midnightshade29

YEah this thread is stupid, but you make it sound like all PS fans are like him...there not.. only the young and ignorant teens who know next to nothing about tech and brag on based on rumors and speculation....

The fact is all fanboys like this are bad and create stupid threads... Look at some of the most infamous lemmings who do this crap (loosingends, strongLimpRod, Waltefmoney err... Telsaboy or what not, and johhnycage). Point is fanboys are bad all over!

Many cows act like this on here. The cows are by far the worst of the fanboys here.
#66 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
i tend to refer to the newer gens by the sony consoles since they're numbered, making it easy to reference so it kinda is imo.
#67 Posted by GeForce- (308 posts) -

[QUOTE="GeForce-"]

[QUOTE="lagreendown"] Who wants a PC when you have to upgrade the specs every 10 minslagreendown

Every 10 mins?

fine 20min if you like saving money I suppose...

You're butthurt over PC gaming, I see.

#68 Posted by TheEroica (13538 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Thats some airtight evidence you got there... :roll:Heil68
I thought so and thus this gen shall forever be known as PS4...awww yeahhh

heil68

#69 Posted by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]Thats some airtight evidence you got there... :roll:TheEroica

heil68

If you can make that in sig size, I'd rock that muther fvcker like no other.
#70 Posted by TheEroica (13538 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] I thought so and thus this gen shall forever be known as PS4...awww yeahhhHeil68

heil68

If you can make that in sig size, I'd rock that muther fvcker like no other.

Heil68

I could go smaller I suppose. :lol: but like Tiananmen, It's a square...

#71 Posted by sSubZerOo (43199 posts) -

PS4 and Next Xbox for sure. I heard next Xbox is going to have 8GB also, but not GDDR5 it has DDR3, so PS4 beats it with ram according to rumors.

Anyways Next Xbox and PS4 I will get both eventually.

True WiiU baby ram and has this gen hardware with a really crappy CPU (Not hating its fact). So I just hope Nintendo goes software after this. Love to see Zelda and Mario on PS4 and Xbox 720.

Mrmedia01

]

That doesn't make any sense what so ever.. If it has DDR3, it's not going to be shared memory, and the video card will have it's own memory pool.. 

#72 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Next generation is called PC. And the next, and the next, and the next...Evo_nine

To be classified as next gen, the platform has to be comfortable to operate.

Therefore PC will never be next gen anything.

#73 Posted by GeForce- (308 posts) -

Evo_nine

tumblr_mc2dr4FR5U1r79k9c.gif

#74 Posted by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]Thats some airtight evidence you got there... :roll:TheEroica

heil68

I'll try it on :D
#75 Posted by TheEroica (13538 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] I thought so and thus this gen shall forever be known as PS4...awww yeahhhHeil68

heil68

Just realized I used the wrong version of pedal. hahaha.... oooops! jumping online now btw. Take your time. Ill be downloading and messing around.
#76 Posted by Heil68 (44560 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

heil68

TheEroica

Just realized I used the wrong version of pedal. hahaha.... oooops! jumping online now btw. Take your time. Ill be downloading and messing around.

yeah, I noticed that too, you better fix that for me :P I'll be on in about an hour..
#77 Posted by TheEroica (13538 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"] I'll try it on :D

yeah, I noticed that too, you better fix that for me :P I'll be on in about an hour..

haha... I'll get on it.
#78 Posted by andmcq (259 posts) -

Whilst I'm not biased, it never ceases to amaze me that every time a new Console Generation is upcoming it's always the Playstation fanboys who fall for the marketing. With Playstation 2 it was the Emotion Engine, which according to PS fans, could feel emotion. Early on with Playstation 3, if you asked PS fanboys, the Console was going to leverage a sort of Distributed Computing model to give the Console Super-Computer like capabilities. Now with PS4, they claim that GDDR5 is a brand spanking new tech, never seen before, a technology that will reinvent gaming.

#79 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

Nintendo always has and always will be the best. Despite almost always having the inferior tech, Nintendo pwns the competition with superior games. 

Actually the PS4 looks exactly like the PS3 all over again. Anyone else remember the PS3 launch? 

DelayStation 3

Sony NoGamesStation3

No good games for like 3 years. 

giant enemy crabs 

$599 US Dollars

Riiiiiiidge Raaaaacer

yeah, the PS3 launch was freaking terrible. PS4 doesn't look good either, since their launch games are lackluster and pewpew PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Games). When will Sony learn from the inferior library of the PS3? If only they went back to the freaking fantastic library of the PS and PS2. 

#80 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

Man that 8gb of GDDR5 sounds impressive, might as well just toss my 670 out the window

#81 Posted by getyeryayasout (7525 posts) -
Gears 1 end boss confirmed greatest of all time: General Raam. Greatest band in the world:Ramstein...I had one for pickup truck too, but cant think of it...
#82 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
I am going to assume this thread was created to troll so that I don't go step in front of a bus at the lack of intelligence.....
#83 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2368 posts) -
Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"
#84 Posted by super600 (30664 posts) -

Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"xboxiphoneps3

Stop worshipping sony.

#85 Posted by lagreendown (1612 posts) -
Lol at Kinect box 720
#86 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2368 posts) -

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"super600

Stop worshipping sony.

I actually really dont worship Sony at all...I think the 360 is a much superior core gaming experience compared to the PS3, id rather take a 360 over a Ps3 anyday But thats not the point im just really interested in the next gen hardware, and as a gamer this is fantastic news if true, better graphics the better
#87 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"xboxiphoneps3

Stop worshipping sony.

I actually really dont worship Sony at all...I think the 360 is a much superior core gaming experience compared to the PS3, id rather take a 360 over a Ps3 anyday But thats not the point im just really interested in the next gen hardware, and as a gamer this is fantastic news if true, better graphics the better

360 doesn't have any games though, just Failo and Bears of Bore. Not sure how you think a no games console, with a bunch of crappy shooters is superior over something with more and better quality exclusives.

#88 Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) -
Yes, "Do your best and forget the rest"
#89 Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"super600

Stop worshipping sony.

Quick question why do you have so many bunny pictures?
#90 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4431 posts) -

Cows really make me dislike Playstation.

If the nextbox is "stillborn", i'd rather buy a Wii U or become a PC only gamer, hell, i'd go 3DS only.

#91 Posted by TheEroica (13538 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

locopatho
Its more efficient. Whats the point in waiting for reality when they don't give a sh!t about reality?

:lol: so true.... theyre gonna declare victory even if the thing sells like the vitaU.... they got dish ragged last gen and think they won... may as wel let them run their mouth.
#92 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25368 posts) -

Implying that Ram means everything.

#93 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

Playstation 4 GDDR5 8 GIG (Like a Wrestler on Steroids). 

WiiU 2 GIG goo goo gaga Baby RAM

NextBox 4 GIGS (Well 3 Gigs dedicated for the gimmick that microsoft calls Kinect)

Dont worry Lemmings, you will not catch up with the cows this generation; but you will go hand and hand with the sheep. Good luck may the best 2nd place win!

lagreendown
Try harder
#94 Posted by super600 (30664 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]Some new news on the PS4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The PS4's world-famous Vector co-processor" A truly innovative feature - the Playstation 4's world-famous vector co-processor. It's connected to a CPU core. It doesn't look like much on paper: 100 million transistors 300 mhz $25 to produce 25 nm production process 16-way SIMD floating-point multiply-add instructions (512-bit) 1024-bit load-store instructions 512 Kbytes local memory L2 cache of the X86 CPU Write-to-memory feature - bypassing the CPU Has a connection to the instruction dispatch of a regular x86 Jaguar core It doesn't look like much, except for the 16-way multiply-adder! Besides that though - it only costs $25.00. "How can $25.00 worth of CPU logic improve the graphics pipeline?" Thus - top-secret alien technology. The world-famous vector co-processor. With it - developers can pull off pretty amazing effects, in real-time. I've already seen: Full-screen per-pixel lighting! Pretty amazing - I haven't seen any games do that. Extremely realistic fire effects Extremely realistic ice simulation Massive degrees of normal/displacement mapping And this is just the start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SIMD Vector Processor Comparison Playstation 3 - Cell Developed by IBM, Sony, and Toshiba - mostly IBM, at Austin Texas Based on the Power4 architecture, the PowerPC 970 main core 7, 128-bit Floating point multiply-adders 256 Kbyte local memory for each SPU 1 PowerPC 970-based main core 512 Kbytes L2 cache connected to the 7 SPUs via a Token-Ring bus - which they used to inter-communicate as well 200 GB/s EIB L2 cache bandwidth 3.2 ghz clockrate 230 million transistors $400 million to develop, $100 to produce 4-way SIMD Playstation 4 - Vector Co-Processor Developed by AMD Based on the X86 architecture 1, 512-bit floating point multiply-adder 1.6 ghz clock rate 512 Kbyte local buffer + the CPU core's main buffer Connected to the bus directly via a bus-interface unit, and to a CPU core About 300 million transistors $0 to develop, $80 to produce 307.2 GB/s buffer to execution unit 16-way SIMD 8 X86-based cores, each with 128-bit FP unit, L2 cache, and shared local memory between pairs of CPUs and between all 8 Doesn't seem as powerful as Cell does it? In fact - it's way, way more powerful. I just found this an interesting comparison. This design is more powerful - as the CPUs do not require direct developer intervention to get them to perform, as opposed to Cell, which only worked if the developers specifically coded for it. 16-way SIMD makes it 4 times faster, per clock. I.e. to do 16 FP multiply-adds, it takes 8 cycles. 4 load-stores, followed by 4 multiply adds - the Cell. But for the Vector Co-Processor to do 16 FP mulitply-adds, it takes 1 cycles. The Out-of-Order, 512-bit load-stores load the data, while the Vector Co-Processor is performing the data. Thus - the Vector Co-Processor alone is equal to 8 SPUs. I guess this is what AMD ment with when they said that they will sell the Jaguar APU later this year "without Sony's technology"RedCore119

Stop worshipping sony.

Quick question why do you have so many bunny pictures?

Because I can.;)

#95 Posted by Phazevariance (10969 posts) -
Cows are so butthurt from this generation and the failed promises Sony gave them at the start of it that they are already trying to claim own age for next gen. It's as if they are angry they were last place all generation and are having a tantrum about it. "The least helpful spec is faster on the ps4, let's claim winner of next gen already!" goes to show how most cows have the mentality of a 10 year old.
#96 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
I wonder if these Sony fans realize they are just making people hate Sony more when they create dumb threads like this.
#97 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Next generation is called PC. And the next, and the next, and the next...Evo_nine

I never found conosles comfortable to operate, so going by your logic, they don't qualify as platforms at all? :?

#98 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Man that 8gb of GDDR5 sounds impressive, might as well just toss my 670 out the window

lostrib

I already killed and buried mine, but burned the VRAM chips first, that fake PC GDDR5 is simply an insult to the real Sony approved stuff!

It can't be allowed to exist!

#99 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Next generation is called PC. And the next, and the next, and the next...Rocker6

I never found conosles comfortable to operate, so going by your logic, they don't qualify as platforms at all? :?

He never replies to back up his stupid nonsense...
#100 Posted by clr84651 (5449 posts) -

No advantages for MS this time around & Wii U isn't selling like the Wii did. I'll be very surprised if PS4 doesn't sell the most.