So real reason for the GPU+CPU upclock .

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

There's are no secret sauce with X1 and my posts are not about cheering X1 but for correcting your technical mistakes. The only debate exist with X1 and PS4 is gap between the two boxes.

Your memory bandwidth stupidity

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

X1 can add memory bandwidth since it has two memory pools (think of L-shaped multi-memory controller setups) while PS4 has a single memory pool.

--------

For games that are CU (ALU/TMUs) bounded (e.g. DX11 1080p for BF4, Crysis 2, COD Ghost), I have already stated prototype 7850 with 12 active CUs at 860Mhz (~1.3 TFLOPS) will NOT exceed retail 7850 with 16 active CUs at 860Mhz (~1.76 TFLOPS).

You can hide on that memory crap all you want fact is you cheer leaded for the xbox one like a 14 teen year old school girl does for her team,and you ignored pretty much every freaking benchmark i posted proving how big the difference would be..

There is not a single FPS on xbox one that is higher than 720p,it can only do sport and racing games which even last gen consoles like the xbox 360 and PS3 did at that resolution,is to late for you Ron you let your inside lemming outside to much for every one to see,you were owned the xbox one is a piece of sh** 1.18TF lower than a 7770 and actually more expensive than the PS4...hahahaa

If you're going to make a technical debate, make sure it's the correct one. LOL.

Btw, my "cell phone" class Intel Bay Trial SoC for 8 inch tablet (i.e. DELL Venue 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 X86) scored

Sunspider 1.0.2 = 537.07 ms

Mozilla Kraken 1.1 = 5893.57 ms

My old ACER Iconia W500 10 inch tablet (AMD Bobcat dual core 1Ghz)

Sunspider 1.0.2 = 915 ms (with Windows 8.0 X86's IE 10)

For LOL, http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/5

Console's SunSpider 1.0.2 scores

Microsoft Xbox One: 2360.9 ms

Sony PlayStation 4: 1027.4 ms

Both MS and Sony has F**k-up with their web browsers. In web browsing, you got a "cell phone" class SoC murdering the next-gen consoles.. LOL

Both Sony and MS are making AMD looked bad.

----

The reason I use the prototype 7850 with 12 CU for Crysis 2 is due to tessellation hardware bottlenecks.

Both BF4 and COD Ghost doesn't overuse tessellation hardware, hence they are CU bounded.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@Snugenz said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

ugh... if all you guys care so damn much about flops and clocks then why do you all game on consoles?

This gen's consolite fanboys sound like last gen PC elitists

Difference being that the PC elitists actually knew what the **** they were talking about, el tormo just copy/pastes articles from elsewhere then smashes his face against his keyboard to add his own personal touch to them.

tl;dr = stfu el tormo.

Yeah some knew so much that they claimed that there would be no difference between xbox one games and PS4 ones,ignoring just about every single benchmark known to man that claimed that in GCN more flops = more performance period,Ron and his secret sauces several other hermits to cheer for the xbox one,basically in all PS4 thread.

The fact that you attack me rather than my argument says it all,you and the rest of the lemmings and some hermits were owned as soon as comparison were posted on sites,720p vs 1080p .. lol

There's are no secret sauce with X1 and my posts are not about cheering X1 but for correcting your technical mistakes. The only debate exist with X1 and PS4 is gap between the two boxes.

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

X1 can add memory bandwidth since it has two memory pools (think of L-shaped multi-memory controller setups) while PS4 has a single memory pool.

---

Your second error is with ROPS's Gpixel rates i.e. to fill "25.6 Gpixel/s" at 64 bit color against memory bandwidth. MS has correctly countered 13.6 gpixel vs 25.6 gpixel debate with memory bandwidth requirement and color bit depth.

Fill-rate is a function of ROPS and memory bandwidth.

You didn't factor in the superior Gpixel rates from 7970 which uses the same 32 ROPs and with superior memory bandwidth. Your brain is only limited X1 vs PS4 when there's another gaming platform with superior GCN solution.

I have corrected your errors with the alternative 32 ROPS > 16 ROPS with cap'ed 1920x1080p screen i.e. less cycles = better performance.

--------

For games that are CU (ALU/TMUs) bounded (e.g. DX11 1080p for BF4, Crysis 2, COD Ghost), I have already stated prototype 7850 with 12 active CUs at 860Mhz (~1.3 TFLOPS) will NOT exceed retail 7850 with 16 active CUs at 860Mhz (~1.76 TFLOPS).

and i can give u plenty of posts where u said the Xbone has a w5000 fire pro GPU or some prototype card 7850 so shut it ron

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ronvalencia

@stereointegrity said:

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@Snugenz said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

ugh... if all you guys care so damn much about flops and clocks then why do you all game on consoles?

Difference being that the PC elitists actually knew what the **** they were talking about, el tormo just copy/pastes articles from elsewhere then smashes his face against his keyboard to add his own personal touch to them.

tl;dr = stfu el tormo.

Yeah some knew so much that they claimed that there would be no difference between xbox one games and PS4 ones,ignoring just about every single benchmark known to man that claimed that in GCN more flops = more performance period,Ron and his secret sauces several other hermits to cheer for the xbox one,basically in all PS4 thread.

The fact that you attack me rather than my argument says it all,you and the rest of the lemmings and some hermits were owned as soon as comparison were posted on sites,720p vs 1080p .. lol

---

Your second error is with ROPS's Gpixel rates i.e. to fill "25.6 Gpixel/s" at 64 bit color against memory bandwidth. MS has correctly countered 13.6 gpixel vs 25.6 gpixel debate with memory bandwidth requirement and color bit depth.

Fill-rate is a function of ROPS and memory bandwidth.

You didn't factor in the superior Gpixel rates from 7970 which uses the same 32 ROPs and with superior memory bandwidth. Your brain is only limited X1 vs PS4 when there's another gaming platform with superior GCN solution.

I have corrected your errors with the alternative 32 ROPS > 16 ROPS with cap'ed 1920x1080p screen i.e. less cycles = better performance.

--------

and i can give u plenty of posts where u said the Xbone has a w5000 fire pro GPU or some prototype card 7850 so shut it ron

You shut up. W5000's 32 ROPS (+25.6 Gpixel/s) would be gimped by it's memory bandwidth. The main reason for W5000 > 7770 for Crysis 2 is due to tessellation hardware difference.

X1 doesn't have 7770's tessellation hardware.

GCNs from 7750 to 7870 GE shares the same CU (ALU and TMU) design.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

Xbox CPU 1.75 >>>>> PS4 CPU 1.6 deal with it cows.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

What an absolutely terrible picture to try show off graphical horsepower

What is supposed to be impressive about this?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Xbox CPU 1.75 >>>>> PS4 CPU 1.6 deal with it cows.

1080p>900p

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

MS tried there best to match the beastly PS4 but ultimately came up short. The PS4 has been and will always be the most powerful video game console to have ever been created for this gen. Kudos for SONY giving us so much raw power.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@locopatho said:

Yeah I definitely feel that the PC crap I used to hate (expensive, installs, updates, drm, bugs and glitches, endless elitism and bullshit tech talk from the fans) has infected consoles while PC gaming has gotten easier, cooler and cheaper at the same time.

I will defo get a PS4 at some point (gotta play dat Destiny) but I feel the age of consoles is over pretty much.

Yeah that is why people are buying them in record numbers.

Both X1 (with ~2 million)(1) and PS4 (with ~2.1 million)(2) are selling well.

Reference (As per academic standard)

1. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/11/us-microsoft-xbox-idUSBRE9BA0LB20131211

2. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/12/03/sony-reveals-2-1-million-global-ps4-sales

My statement wasn't just about the PS4.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@EZs said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Because console like PS4 comes with GDDR5 and 8 Core CPU, yes we care about TFLOPS and clock speed.

You don't even know what the hell you're talking about do you?

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Still talking about one specific thing inside the system TORMS you be killing its how it pertain to the whole system not just a cpu or gpu Show me a screen on your ps4 setting that you playing at 30 or 36 bits color per pixel no?, only 24 why is that please start reading on real world stats and good luck on your dead AI on your ps4

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

I like how online is optional when Sony starts charging for it. It's actually quite amazing that the uproar over the PSN paywall hasn't been that large. The XBL price increase from a few years ago culminated into one gigantic thread of DC.

And cows were always trying to throw hundreds of dollars worth of up front XBL costs in PS3 vs. 360 price comparisons. Funny how they're the ones trying to dodge $50 up front and now they're the ones crying 'bububut it's optional.'

I guess Kuraimen ended up being the only real cow that wasn't a total hypocrite. The rest ended up being a bunch of spineless apologists.

Hilarious.

@tormentos said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@tormentos: Sure if you add the aditional cost of the console too, like additional controller, the online paywall. Consoles have a cheaper initial cost, but throughout a gen? Ive had consoles since the NES and handhelds since the GB, the "cheaper rarely lasted, and this gen I am far as potimistic.

The cost for online gaming alone for 7 years (I am kind here given that a gen might last longer now) is pretty darn high, as in 420$ high. Leaving out the way more expensive games, additional controllers and such

Why would i add a second controller into the equation.? Can you even play most PC games in multiplayer mode offline on a single PC.? Come on multiplayer online on PC has been for years before consoles for that same reason.

This is the first year sony will charge for online,and you pay if you want to,adding a second controller is a stupid thing to say most PC gamers and i mean the huge majority don't play multiplayer offline on a single PC.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@EZs said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Because console like PS4 comes with GDDR5 and 8 Core CPU, yes we care about TFLOPS and clock speed.

Proving yet again that cows are hypocrites and it only matters when their system finally has it. Otherwise it doesn't count

WTF? I am a PC gamers and I care about the hardware in the consoles that I buy as well. Why does it make someone a fanboy to care about the specs in an electronic device they are buying? notsureifsrs

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Console for the livingroom experience, PC for optimized games that utilize the hardware.

Like seriously, when I had a PS2 and an Xbox, more often I would play on the inferior hardware, the PS2.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Who Gives a crap About performance as long as you enjoy the games.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@delta3074 said:

I do, choppy framerates and jaggies hinder my enjoyment of games. Dunno why people like to act like graphics don't matter at all.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

yay more pixels on that blade of grass in the distance. woohoo.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#68 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PS4 CPU can go up to 2.7ghz ^^

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 delta3074

@I_can_haz said:

@delta3074 said:

I do, choppy framerates and jaggies hinder my enjoyment of games. Dunno why people like to act like graphics don't matter at all.

Yet you guys Brushed all the framerate issues, jaggies and lower resolutions that where common with Multiplats on the Ps3 last generation under the carpet, it's funny how you Cows twist and turn according to convenience.

When games like RDR Ran in a lower resolution with lower draw distances, more jaggies and less foliage on the Ps3 you guys said you couldn't tell the difference, now all of a sudden minor differences in Resolutions are a huge deal, when Skyrim Ran like a bag of poo on the Ps3 you blamed the developers not the hardware, why can that same excuse not be applied to the XB1 now?

Lemmings are bad enough but Cows are the Biggest hypocrites on this board, the Ps4 hasn't even been out that long but cows have already u-Turned on Virtually every single argument they used last generation.

If Performance mattered to you that much you would have played all your multiplats on the 360 last gen Because the lions share of multiplats ran better on the 360, better framerate, less jaggies, higher resolutions.

Now. apparently, all those things you accepted with the PS3 are no longer acceptable to you,like i said, hypocrites.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Look another PS4 we have no games thread.

Get use to it folks, we are going to see specs threads till probably the end of next year from Sony Fan. How else do you justify a purchase for a system that their best game is a arcade 2d shooter.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#71 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@tormentos said:

Apparently MS knew all alone the PS4 was more powerful from all sides,developers most have tip MS on the PS4 out performing the xbox one silly.

So MS decided to bump the GPU to gain something,as well as the CPU to try in both instances to give the false impressions that the xbox one was actually faster.

This is back up by Albert Panello twit about how 1.7 > 1.6 when the CPU was bump,people are use to see numbers and most console owners are morons who would only focus on 1.7> 1.6 and claim it is faster,it happen even here,while on the same hardware 1.7 > 1.6,the PS4 CPU final speed was never stated.

This new evidence that the PS4 CPU was performing faster than the xbox one that came in yesterday are not new,a few weeks go a Sunspider test put the PS4 mopping the floor with the xbox one on internet browsing speed.

It was 2+ times faster in Sunspider and 5 times faster in Kraken.

It could be 2 difference things,1 the PS4 CPU is actually faster and sony keep it under wraps,2 the PS4 has more free CPU resources than the xbox one which is something i have argue my self many times here.

MS really screwed up the xbox one,even having the same CPU they with higher clock speed they end up having inferior performance,the way the xbox one was build to be a resources hug,has allot to do with it to,10% GPU reservation is also very high,and while they claim they will give something back,knowing how Kinect is mandatory and how snap and the metro Ui works i don't think they have much room to get here,not more than 5% i will say.

Now some units are beginning to smock,if this is true MS could have potentially had a problem on their hands,and is probably do to that over clock in CPU and GPU.

xbox one is this generations's wii (not wii u)

its a console that stays mid way between current gen and next gen (ps4 is a not so powerfull next gen)

just like wii it will start with all multiplatform games running on it with downgraded features, like call of duty 3, marvel super heroes or bully

but over time games will get much heavier and they wont run at all on xbox one, so you will get tons of pc/ps4 games and a ton of xbox one exclusives, M$ will claim those games look awesome, just like nintendo still says wii games look great

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Microsoft should drop the price to $249 and drop the damn Kinect crap out of the box. Than the shipping would be cheaper because the box would be smaller.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

tl;dr = stfu el tormo.

thank you

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#74  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Blah blah blah.....same old shit.
Cows really need to get some games to play. They have been repeating themselves way too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Couth_: because they always said they didnt care before and now they do. Of course you care because youre not a hypocrite fanboy

Not sure you understood what I said

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

Still talking about one specific thing inside the system TORMS you be killing its how it pertain to the whole system not just a cpu or gpu Show me a screen on your ps4 setting that you playing at 30 or 36 bits color per pixel no?, only 24 why is that please start reading on real world stats and good luck on your dead AI on your ps4

Thats funny because you flame the PS4 trying to defend the completely inferior xbox one,you not only look stupid you also look desperate,the PS4 design is more straight forward,better design and stronger,hell this time is even easier to make games for it and taker advantage than the xbox one.

There is no way in hell the xbox one can keep up and when heavy compute come into play 2 or 3 years from now the xbox one will fall even more behind the PS4.

Is launch and already the difference is in FPS is from 50% to 100% more pixels,and is launch,speak to me with facts not secret sauces or wishful thinking theories.

@HavocV3 said:

I like how online is optional when Sony starts charging for it. It's actually quite amazing that the uproar over the PSN paywall hasn't been that large. The XBL price increase from a few years ago culminated into one gigantic thread of DC.

And cows were always trying to throw hundreds of dollars worth of up front XBL costs in PS3 vs. 360 price comparisons. Funny how they're the ones trying to dodge $50 up front and now they're the ones crying 'bububut it's optional.'

I guess Kuraimen ended up being the only real cow that wasn't a total hypocrite. The rest ended up being a bunch of spineless apologists.

Hilarious.

@tormentos said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@tormentos: Sure if you add the aditional cost of the console too, like additional controller, the online paywall. Consoles have a cheaper initial cost, but throughout a gen? Ive had consoles since the NES and handhelds since the GB, the "cheaper rarely lasted, and this gen I am far as potimistic.

The cost for online gaming alone for 7 years (I am kind here given that a gen might last longer now) is pretty darn high, as in 420$ high. Leaving out the way more expensive games, additional controllers and such

Why would i add a second controller into the equation.? Can you even play most PC games in multiplayer mode offline on a single PC.? Come on multiplayer online on PC has been for years before consoles for that same reason.

This is the first year sony will charge for online,and you pay if you want to,adding a second controller is a stupid thing to say most PC gamers and i mean the huge majority don't play multiplayer offline on a single PC.

You know you can even play online on PS4 on free to play games without paying for PSN+ right.? So i can even play online certain games without paying,and no i don't like paying for online and i still think is a damn rip off by the way,i own PSN+ and is not because i have to pay for online play,i have PSN+ since PS3 in fact i was already cover for the PS4 my subscription doesn't run out until next year,and 1 PSN+ account serve you for all 3 PS3,PS4,PS Vita.

hypocrites are those like you who defend that fee for 11 years on the xbox brand and now want to act like it is diabolic face it,Online fee and nickel and dime era are all inventions of MS on the console market,but hey it could be worse on xbox one you can't still do sh** without paying for xbox live,no explorer,no facebook,no netflix you can't even fu**ing record videos of your games if you don't pay for xbox live,on PS4 all that sh** is free..

Fun Fact Netflix is better on PS4 than on xbox one,and on PS4 is not behind a pay wall on xbox one it is...

@Evo_nine said:

1080p >>>720 and faster frames to...

@delta3074 said:

Yet you guys Brushed all the framerate issues, jaggies and lower resolutions that where common with Multiplats on the Ps3 last generation under the carpet, it's funny how you Cows twist and turn according to convenience.

When games like RDR Ran in a lower resolution with lower draw distances, more jaggies and less foliage on the Ps3 you guys said you couldn't tell the difference, now all of a sudden minor differences in Resolutions are a huge deal, when Skyrim Ran like a bag of poo on the Ps3 you blamed the developers not the hardware, why can that same excuse not be applied to the XB1 now?

Lemmings are bad enough but Cows are the Biggest hypocrites on this board, the Ps4 hasn't even been out that long but cows have already u-Turned on Virtually every single argument they used last generation.

If Performance mattered to you that much you would have played all your multiplats on the 360 last gen Because the lions share of multiplats ran better on the 360, better framerate, less jaggies, higher resolutions.

Now. apparently, all those things you accepted with the PS3 are no longer acceptable to you,like i said, hypocrites.

Yeah because having 100 more lines of resolution and 3 more frames,is actually the same as been double in resolution 1080p vs 720p,or having way faster frames.

Funny because you were of those who made a parade when the xbox 360 had 1 more patch of grass or a few more lines,and now like a huge hypocrite you want to pretend that 1080p vs 720p is nothing.

The difference with games like RDR was that developers had a hard time making things work on PS3,but look how things ended GTA5 the latest Rockstar game yeah the same ones who make RDR now runs better on PS3,wait whaaaaaaaaatttttt oh yeah how can that be.? Yeah because as time went on developers learned how to handle cell the end result the PS3 went ahead,and is funny because GTA 4 also runs better on 360,yet GTA5 doesn't.

And in skyrim case the developer admit it was its fault and the game had problems even on PC..lol

Oh Fun fact Uncharted 3 and the Last of US beat any 360 game graphically and that include multiplatforms to hide on to.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos
@kuu2 said:

Get use to it folks, we are going to see specs threads till probably the end of next year from Sony Fan. How else do you justify a purchase for a system that their best game is a arcade 2d shooter.

Yeah you have so many games...lol...hahaha

How does it feel to see your games get beat up by a damn indie game...lol

@timbers_WSU said:

Cows really need to get some games to play. They have been repeating themselves way too much.

Blah blah blah... Lemming need to get a something new to damage control other than the PS4 has not games,is like Bugs bunny making fun of Roller Rabbit for having long ears.. lol

At least i have the guts to admit the PS4 line was bad,you people still believe the xbox one is good..lol

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Couth_: because they always said they didnt care before and now they do. Of course you care because youre not a hypocrite fanboy

The funny thing here is that this is a thread about console specs,so PC spec are as meaningless as Michael Jordan is to Boxing,yeah Michael also play sport but is a different kind of sport,consoles and PC are different markets no matter how much damage controls you people try to bring into this threads it is like that period irrelevant.

When i make a PS4 vs PC thread yeah come and express all those theories on why PC is better and why should i not care about consoles,other wise you are just damage controlling in a topic that doesn't even concern hermits..

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos said:

Fun Fact Netflix is better on PS4 than on xbox one,and on PS4 is not behind a pay wall on xbox one it is...

Just wondering what makes Netflix better on PS4 than XBone other than it not being behind a paywall. Is it less buggy or something? Haven't heard of this.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Better hardware is always a good thing.
As is a high spec PC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@delta3074 said:

Then you must have hated gaming on the PS3 this past gen. Games were full of jags and stuttering frame rates.

Hypocrite much loser?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

Yeah because having 100 more lines of resolution and 3 more frames,is actually the same as been double in resolution 1080p vs 720p,or having way faster frames.

Funny because you were of those who made a parade when the xbox 360 had 1 more patch of grass or a few more lines,and now like a huge hypocrite you want to pretend that 1080p vs 720p is nothing.

The difference with games like RDR was that developers had a hard time making things work on PS3,but look how things ended GTA5 the latest Rockstar game yeah the same ones who make RDR now runs better on PS3,wait whaaaaaaaaatttttt oh yeah how can that be.? Yeah because as time went on developers learned how to handle cell the end result the PS3 went ahead,and is funny because GTA 4 also runs better on 360,yet GTA5 doesn't.

And in skyrim case the developer admit it was its fault and the game had problems even on PC..lol

Oh Fun fact Uncharted 3 and the Last of US beat any 360 game graphically and that include multiplatforms to hide on to.

Skyrim PC may have issues but it's not running like PS3's version.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ronvalencia

@KillzoneSnake said:

PS4 CPU can go up to 2.7ghz ^^

PS4 doesn't have 2.7 Ghz CPU.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

Thats funny because you flame the PS4 trying to defend the completely inferior xbox one,you not only look stupid you also look desperate,the PS4 design is more straight forward,better design and stronger,hell this time is even easier to make games for it and taker advantage than the xbox one.

There is no way in hell the xbox one can keep up and when heavy compute come into play 2 or 3 years from now the xbox one will fall even more behind the PS4.

Is launch and already the difference is in FPS is from 50% to 100% more pixels,and is launch,speak to me with facts not secret sauces or wishful thinking theories.

@HavocV3 said:

Hilarious.

@tormentos said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

You know you can even play online on PS4 on free to play games without paying for PSN+ right.? So i can even play online certain games without paying,and no i don't like paying for online and i still think is a damn rip off by the way,i own PSN+ and is not because i have to pay for online play,i have PSN+ since PS3 in fact i was already cover for the PS4 my subscription doesn't run out until next year,and 1 PSN+ account serve you for all 3 PS3,PS4,PS Vita.

hypocrites are those like you who defend that fee for 11 years on the xbox brand and now want to act like it is diabolic face it,Online fee and nickel and dime era are all inventions of MS on the console market,but hey it could be worse on xbox one you can't still do sh** without paying for xbox live,no explorer,no facebook,no netflix you can't even fu**ing record videos of your games if you don't pay for xbox live,on PS4 all that sh** is free..

@Evo_nine said:

1080p >>>720 and faster frames to...

@delta3074 said:

Confusing me for someone else again tormentos, it was me that said the differences didn't really matter but they where still there, and although bethesda admitted skyrim was there fault they also said that it was down to the Way the memory was allocated on the Ps3, Bethesda takes the lions share of the Blame but The fact that Bethesda had such a hard time porting it is down to SONY and the way they allocated Memory in the Ps3.

I was never one of those who made a huge deal About the differences between multiplats, all i ever did was point out to Certain COws that actually Claimed the Games Ran BETTER on the Ps3 that they did not.

I even debunked more than a few lemmings over the Percentage of games that ran better on the Xbox 360

I see you are stiol quite happy spreading BS about people, as i have said before, PROVE i made a huge deal or shut up tormentos.

NO PROOF=NO CREDIBILITY TO YOUR ARGUMENT

As for RDR, that Ran in HD on the 360, Sub HD on the Ps3, how many missing lines of resolution is that Eltormo?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@kuu2 said:

Yeah you have so many games...lol...hahaha

How does it feel to see your games get beat up by a damn indie game...lol

@timbers_WSU said:

Blah blah blah... Lemming need to get a something new to damage control other than the PS4 has not games,is like Bugs bunny making fun of Roller Rabbit for having long ears.. lol

At least i have the guts to admit the PS4 line was bad,you people still believe the xbox one is good..lol

@seanmcloughlin said:

The funny thing here is that this is a thread about console specs,so PC spec are as meaningless as Michael Jordan is to Boxing,yeah Michael also play sport but is a different kind of sport,consoles and PC are different markets no matter how much damage controls you people try to bring into this threads it is like that period irrelevant.

When i make a PS4 vs PC thread yeah come and express all those theories on why PC is better and why should i not care about consoles,other wise you are just damage controlling in a topic that doesn't even concern hermits..

It's not a theory that a gaming PCs with a "fat" GPU is better than consoles.

Read http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2013/10/interview-the-driving-force/

AMD INTERVIEW: “THE PC WILL ALWAYS BE OUT IN FRONT”

I think it depends on the games you looked at. It was still very early with the tools and environment for a lot of those games. I think if you looked at the lectures given by Mark Cerny, a lot of the things that Microsoft and Sony are doing to customise the performance out of these machines, I think you’re going to see some fantastic looking games. At the same time, the PC has always been on the front. With the increase in performance over the last couple of years, we’re literally at a breakneck pace, delivering more and more graphics performance for PC game devs. I think that’s going to continue to be the case. The PC will always be out in front, because the cost of the part, and the type of the part we supply, are much more expensive, bigger and hotter than anything you’re going to see in a console. Games are going to look great on both sides, but if you look at pure visual fidelity, the PC is able to display on multiple screens, driving a tremendous number of pixels on the PC, compared to the consoles which use a single 720p/1080p screen. - Neal Robison, Senior Director of Global Software Alliances at AMD

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Confusing me for someone else again tormentos, it was me that said the differences didn't really matter but they where still there, and although bethesda admitted skyrim was there fault they also said that it was down to the Way the memory was allocated on the Ps3, Bethesda takes the lions share of the Blame but The fact that Bethesda had such a hard time porting it is down to SONY and the way they allocated Memory in the Ps3.

I was never one of those who made a huge deal About the differences between multiplats, all i ever did was point out to Certain COws that actually Claimed the Games Ran BETTER on the Ps3 that they did not.

I even debunked more than a few lemmings over the Percentage of games that ran better on the Xbox 360

I see you are stiol quite happy spreading BS about people, as i have said before, PROVE i made a huge deal or shut up tormentos.

As for RDR, that Ran in HD on the 360, Sub HD on the Ps3, how many missing lines of resolution is that Eltormo?

Once again Bethesda admitted fu**ed up after that nothing more to say.

Please you are a damn lemming you are a so call PS3 owner who doesn't play its games,because your wise doesn't want you touching his PS3 stated by your self.

You have always cheer for the xbox one and every one here old enough knows your angle and what you defend,remember how much you flamed that PS3 high price.? And like a big hypocrite you say nothing about the xbox one,which is even more expensive than the PS3 was.

I don't need to go thread hunting you know what you did and people know it,

PS3

Red Dead Redemption = 1152x640 (QAA)

Red Dead Redemption = 1280x720 (2xAA)

128 lines on side, 80 lines less on the other..

This ^^^ is what you and the rest of the hypocrites that scream now that 720p and 1080p is not big difference,flamed the PS3 for..

Now lets compare that to the difference this gen...

BF4.

1680x900 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

400 lines less in one side,180 lines on another.

COD Ghost.

1920x1080 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

640 line on one side, 360 line on the other.

But but 720p and 1080p is the same...

@kingtito said:

Then you must have hated gaming on the PS3 this past gen. Games were full of jags and stuttering frame rates.

Hypocrite much loser?

Yeah that like that wasn't the case with the xbox 360 as well...lol

@ronvalencia said:

I think it depends on the games you looked at. It was still very early with the tools and environment for a lot of those games. I think if you looked at the lectures given by Mark Cerny, a lot of the things that Microsoft and Sony are doing to customise the performance out of these machines, I think you’re going to see some fantastic looking games. At the same time, the PC has always been on the front. With the increase in performance over the last couple of years, we’re literally at a breakneck pace, delivering more and more graphics performance for PC game devs. I think that’s going to continue to be the case. The PC will always be out in front, because the cost of the part, and the type of the part we supply, are much more expensive, bigger and hotter than anything you’re going to see in a console. Games are going to look great on both sides, but if you look at pure visual fidelity, the PC is able to display on multiple screens, driving a tremendous number of pixels on the PC, compared to the consoles which use a single 720p/1080p screen. - Neal Robison, Senior Director of Global Software Alliances at AMD

Are you stupid or what you really most be or you just really have problems understanding things,what i told him wasn't trying to claim that consoles are better for graphics,dude WTF this is your damn problem you take thing to literal and make argument about things no one is arguing about.

Fun Fact...

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Look at the top rated games of all time on GR and tell me PC are better for gaming,the when was the last time a PC game was even relevant.? The highest game on GR for PC is The damn Orange box which is a damn multiplatform game,the second highest again Half Life 2,oh wait that game is part of the Orange Box to then Portal 2 also multiplatform,both games from Valve both FP and both multiplatforms.

Fact is most great games are for consoles,PC is a totally different market that share some games,nothing more nothing less,having infinite power mean little when most users don't even care for it,a fact steam has also corroborate most people don't care for those ultra expensive GPU and most people on PC have GPU that are under PS4 hardware performance period.

You can't quote all the titans and r290 you want fact is most people don't care for PC,the fact that this thread is about the xbox one,and hermit are here trying to flash their silly PC says it all,Ron your I7 cost almost as much as the PS4 alone who knows if more..

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Please you are a damn lemming you are a so call PS3 owner who doesn't play its games,because your wise doesn't want you touching his PS3 stated by your self.

You have always cheer for the xbox one and every one here old enough knows your angle and what you defend,remember how much you flamed that PS3 high price.? And like a big hypocrite you say nothing about the xbox one,which is even more expensive than the PS3 was.

PS3

This ^^^ is what you and the rest of the hypocrites that scream now that 720p and 1080p is not big difference,flamed the PS3 for..

BF4.

1680x900 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

COD Ghost.

1920x1080 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

@kingtito said:

Hypocrite much loser?

Yeah that like that wasn't the case with the xbox 360 as well...lol

@ronvalencia said:

Are you stupid or what you really most be or you just really have problems understanding things,what i told him wasn't trying to claim that consoles are better for graphics,dude WTF this is your damn problem you take thing to literal and make argument about things no one is arguing about.

Fun Fact...

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Look at the top rated games of all time on GR and tell me PC are better for gaming,the when was the last time a PC game was even relevant.? The highest game on GR for PC is The damn Orange box which is a damn multiplatform game,the second highest again Half Life 2,oh wait that game is part of the Orange Box to then Portal 2 also multiplatform,both games from Valve both FP and both multiplatforms.

Fact is most great games are for consoles,PC is a totally different market that share some games,nothing more nothing less,having infinite power mean little when most users don't even care for it,a fact steam has also corroborate most people don't care for those ultra expensive GPU and most people on PC have GPU that are under PS4 hardware performance period.

You can't quote all the titans and r290 you want fact is most people don't care for PC,the fact that this thread is about the xbox one,and hermit are here trying to flash their silly PC says it all,Ron your I7 cost almost as much as the PS4 alone who knows if more..

Well you tard, I wasn't the one that made the statement jags and bad frame rates made gaming bad or unplayable. Idiot much loser?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By delta3074

@tormentos said:

PS3

BF4.

1680x900 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

COD Ghost.

1920x1080 PS4

1280x720p xbox one.

'I don't need to go thread hunting you know what you did and people know it',= Bulls***

'You have always cheer for the xbox one and every one here old enough knows your angle and what you defend,remember how much you flamed that PS3 high price.? And like a big hypocrite you say nothing about the xbox one,which is even more expensive than the PS3 was.'= More Bullshit, i have slated the 360 a number times like the fact that it took until Halo 4 for the 360 to gain Parity with Ps3 exclusives in the Graphics department, the fact that i could not use a third party HDD, the lack of HDMI on the earlier models and i have ALWAYS Praised PSN plus as a service because it allows poorer gamers to play the top end titles without paying top dollar.

Also, i defended the PS4 over the 'Wobble' fiasco, i have not defended the XB1 over anything, i have Zero interest in either console quite frankly.

And EVERYONE Complained about the Ps3's price including the gaming media , Game developers and gamers, Does that make them ALL lemmings?

Not that it matters, anyone can check my posting history and see that you are full of S***

If you are so obsessed with Framerates and Resolutions then get a gaming rig, arguing over which console has the best graphics and best resolutions is like arguing who is the tallest Midget.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Fantastic news. Sony really scored hard with the components. I don't even know how they came out with a more powerful machine when the XB1 technically had an unlimited cash flow to take advantage of. MS could have seemingly made a power box a lot like the steam machine. The short sightedness is impressive in a negative way. Everyone was fully expecting MS to ultimately trounce Sony into the ground before the both machines got fully revealed. Such an interesting turn of events for console history. This will forever be MS's most infamous faux pas.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lemmings should just stay out of graphics threads unless they wanna get duked lol

Meanwhile running at 15 fps in 720P on Xbone:

LMFAO!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

Cherry-picking screenshots... Yeah...

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts

@tormentos: you do know that you cant build a pc similar to a ps4 in terms of power for 400 dollars right?

i mean how on earth am i going to put a 1.6ghz laptop cpu in my desktop motherboard, i cannot find a desktop CPU as weak as the cpu inside a ps4!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos: You haven't answered my question. How is the Netflix app better on PS4 other than not being behind a paywall?

@remiks00 said:

@tormentos said:

Just wondering what makes Netflix better on PS4 than XBone other than it not being behind a paywall. Is it less buggy or something? Haven't heard of this.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

you do know that you cant build a pc similar to a ps4 in terms of power for 400 dollars right?

i mean how on earth am i going to put a 1.6ghz laptop cpu in my desktop motherboard, i cannot find a desktop CPU as weak as the cpu inside a ps4!

Who cares about PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ronvalencia

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

you do know that you cant build a pc similar to a ps4 in terms of power for 400 dollars right?

$499 for R9-270 (20 CU at 925Mhz, 179 GB/s VRAM) based PC box.

PC doesn't have a GCN solution with 18 active CUs at 800Mhz SKU.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

Who cares about PC.

Apparently more people you can count and heck alot more then then insecure Sony fanboys.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I don't get why the x1 is even oc'd the advantage is minimal even on a benchmark. If you put the same game on the old clock vs the new I doubt even the dev themselves could pick the console with the "faster" speed.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Tormentors has brought so many lems to tears in this thread with facts. Good job Tornentos, TLHBO.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

'I don't need to go thread hunting you know what you did and people know it',= Bulls***

'You have always cheer for the xbox one and every one here old enough knows your angle and what you defend,remember how much you flamed that PS3 high price.? And like a big hypocrite you say nothing about the xbox one,which is even more expensive than the PS3 was.'= More Bullshit, i have slated the 360 a number times like the fact that it took until Halo 4 for the 360 to gain Parity with Ps3 exclusives in the Graphics department, the fact that i could not use a third party HDD, the lack of HDMI on the earlier models and i have ALWAYS Praised PSN plus as a service because it allows poorer gamers to play the top end titles without paying top dollar.

Also, i defended the PS4 over the 'Wobble' fiasco, i have not defended the XB1 over anything, i have Zero interest in either console quite frankly.

And EVERYONE Complained about the Ps3's price including the gaming media , Game developers and gamers, Does that make them ALL lemmings?

Not that it matters, anyone can check my posting history and see that you are full of S***

If you are so obsessed with Framerates and Resolutions then get a gaming rig, arguing over which console has the best graphics and best resolutions is like arguing who is the tallest Midget.

Dude stop.

You have always defend PNS+.?

WTF it was you who claimed that you could get Starwak and several other games PSN+ was giving at 5 quids each,and i even started to post link to store in UK killing your whole argument...hahahahaaaa

Wait all the crap you spew about the PS3 been 425 quids and the xbox 360 been much cheaper,and now you say crap about the xbox one..lol

Dude you have defend the xbox one in many things,hell you even wanted to prove how a nameless developer that wanted to remain anonymous on a credible site was the same as a moron on a forum posting bullsh**.? Every time you see a thread for the xbox one you enter it with a huge damage control we all know it.
I defend sony but at least i have the gust to not hide like you and not pretend that i am something i am not,have a nice time trying to convince people here that you are not biased toward the xbox,even i have defend Halo and the xbox doesn't make me a lemming.

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

No you can't and that is the point some one posted a link and the dude had to leave OS,mouse keyboard and other things out to actually reach $395 dollars,and the GPU use was a 7850 less powerful and less efficient than the PS4 GPU.

You can't find an 8 core jaguar for laptops either,is not about the speed,the PS4 doesn't runs windows or other heavy OS,it doesn't have he over head PC had either.

You can't even install windows without a mouse and key board,but then again he leave out the OS so i guess you have to grab linux and miss all those PC games.

When you do product comparison you don't compare incomplete products to products that are complete a PC needs an OS a key board and a mouse,all PC you buy on store come with one.

@remiks00 said:

@tormentos:

You haven't answered my question. How is the Netflix app better on PS4 other than not being behind a paywall?

Is more streamline,less cumbersome to browse,hell the xbox one version even lack a new release section and you have to browse every section to see whats new.

Is not new the only time netflix was better on the xbox brand was when the PS3 didn't have it or have it on disc,after the PS3 got the real app,everything changed,hell the PS3 even had 5.1 sound the xbox 360 lack it,apparently the app continues to have things over the xbox one on the PS4 version.

Not to mention that you need to double dip to get in on xbox one.

@04dcarraher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

Who cares about PC.

Apparently more people you can count and heck alot more then then insecure Sony fanboys.

For Office work and candy crush yeah..

When was the last time a game sold on PC 30 million copies...

PC is a different market to console period it has always been and it will always be.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@tormentos:

Who cares about PC.

For Office work and candy crush yeah..

When was the last time a game sold on PC 30 million copies...

PC is a different market to console period it has always been and it will always be.

yeah right that explains the millions of computers using gpu's that outclass current gen consoles since 2006 and millions more that match or surpass the new ones now....

Now your aiming for 30 million marks for a single game across multiple platforms to compare because even the on PS3 the highest sold game isnt even an exclusive.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

yeah right that explains the millions of computers using gpu's that outclass current gen consoles since 2006 and millions more that match or surpass the new ones now....

Now your aiming for 30 million marks for a single game across multiple platforms to compare because even the on PS3 the highest sold game isnt even an exclusive.

There are 260 million consoles between all 3,and all is not say an done for 2 of them yet.

Mario kart sold 35 million copies on Wii...And is exclusive..