So ps4 owners want a camera with it?...

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bishop1310 (943 posts) -

PS4 owners want a camera?

soooo... the PS camera is selling out and sony has hard a hard time keeping it in stock.. and yet everyone on these boards who owns a ps4 thinks kinect is a waste of money? "I'll be an X1 if it drops kinect"... Is this forum community just really disconnected from the actual gaming world or are all sony fan boys just pathetic liars?

I don't have any interest in getting the camera for my ps4 but I find the kinect works really well with the X1, I do believe there is a difference between the two but the idea is the same.

#3 Edited by Chutebox (36410 posts) -

No

#4 Posted by Vatusus (4342 posts) -

I dont. Maybe people only bought it for The Playroom wich looks fun (and its actually better than anything MS has provided for Kinect for the time being...). I must admit having 0 percent trophy completion on The Playroom is anouying though. Maybe someday I'll buy a camera if they become cheaper

#5 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Some obviously do but at least it's their decision to purchase it with a PS4.

#6 Posted by GamingGod999 (2930 posts) -

Probably due to Twitch/UStream.

#8 Edited by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

Nope, I dont.

#9 Edited by SonySoldier-_- (713 posts) -

I don't have any interest in the camera but its nice that Sony gives people the option to buy them if they're interested, instead of forcing it upon you and jacking up the price of the console. Either way you look at it, its good news for Sony that both the PS4 and their camera are experiencing tremendous sales.

#10 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

Ok TC we already went over this multiple times before...

Why are you bring this up again, trying to create an issue out of something thats not?

#11 Posted by DocSanchez (1480 posts) -

@Bishop1310: You lack logic.

The kinect put ridiculous costings on the base console, and not everyone wanted it. If the majority of PS4 owners did want a camera, they could buy the base one and then the camera and it would be the same as buying an xone but the thing is it's optional. So people who don't want one don't have to buy one.

#12 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (919 posts) -

got this piece from. :)

Book of Sony D_-_ rider

Rule number 1120: a Playstation drone stick with Sony even if they implement features WE sony drones used to hate when Xbox One used to have it exclusively.

#13 Edited by navyguy21 (12722 posts) -

I didnt want to buy one but i did because of Twitch/Ustream.

I didnt imagine people using it to broadcast themselves just having fun with friends through playroom. Ive literally watched nothing but live streams for 2 hours straight lol.

I think this is a happy accident sony had. I dont think they imagined the fun that was to be created through playroom.

I bought one to stream my counseling services through Ustream. (Navyguy 212 if you guys want to follow, will be live Friday night)

#14 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

got this piece from. :)

Book of Sony D_-_ rider

Rule number 1120: a Playstation drone stick with Sony even if they implement features WE sony drones used to hate when Xbox One used to have it exclusively.

This coming from someone who quotes MisterXMedia and believes all his "insiderp" information

On Topic: Don't want the camera don't need it, serves no purpose and I have yet to see anyone on here praise it.

#15 Posted by Couth_ (9973 posts) -

soooo... the PS camera is selling out and sony has hard a hard time keeping it in stock.. and yet everyone on these boards who owns a ps4 thinks kinect is a waste of money?

So what. CoD sells 20+ million per iteration.. and yet everyone on these boards thinks it's the scum of the industry

It's a small anti-casual sample size here, and the cameras are seen as casual/worthless

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (16466 posts) -

Ive always known this forum is far from representative of the real market place.

#17 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (675 posts) -

Until the camera has 100% attach rate, you have no case. Plenty of people want the option of not having to purchase it.

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

What is exactly is the problem with having options? 900K PS4 cameras have been sold which is great and far beyond my expectations, but that doesn't validate Microsoft packing in a peripheral device that isn't needed or being utilized when a large amount of consumers don't want it.

#19 Posted by Dilrod (4239 posts) -

I just picked up a camera the other day. Mainly to use the playroom with my three year old daughter. This was the first time since launch we have gotten any. And we only got two of them!

#20 Posted by sailor232 (4348 posts) -

Yes 6 million playstation 4 owners vs a few thousand if that on Gamespot Forums. Peoples opinions and beliefs on Gamespot are far far far from what the world thinks about any product.

#21 Edited by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

soooo... the PS camera is selling out and sony has hard a hard time keeping it in stock.. and yet everyone on these boards who owns a ps4 thinks kinect is a waste of money? "I'll be an X1 if it drops kinect"... Is this forum community just really disconnected from the actual gaming world or are all sony fan boys just pathetic liars?

I don't have any interest in getting the camera for my ps4 but I find the kinect works really well with the X1, I do believe there is a difference between the two but the idea is the same.

I dont think you understand the difference between being FORCED to pay for camera, as opposed to WANTING a camera for your console.

There are as many non-SW PS4 users who WANT a PS EYE, as there are non-SW XBONE who DON'T want to use their kinect camera.

#22 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13062 posts) -

I think consumers just appreciate how it's an optional device. Whereas you are required to have kinect.

#23 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1919 posts) -

I guess this attempt at spin? This is not forced, you have option to buy if want. Xbox price is higher and spec weaker because of kinect. Also xbone os is broken because built around kinect.

Twitch and stream are good advertisement for ps4 camera, but still many do not want. Sony open policy with streaming seems to allow community to thrive, but I think sony maybe can create adult section and verify age. Some time American are too drunk and having sex and showing nudity on weekend and western media will demonizing this feature like mass effect and gta.

#24 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Yes some people do want them so they buy them. That's why its superior to Kinect in xb1 because instead of jacking up the price and forcing everyone to buy one sony let the customers decide if they want one or not and use it if they want to not force it on every system purchase and require it to make the system run.

#25 Edited by ButDuuude (410 posts) -

It's used mostly for streaming.

#26 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Already got one with my Killzone bundle. Haven't really used it to be honest it just sits there looking pretty. I have it sitting right next to my Kinect and it's funny how small it looks in comparison.

#27 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
#28 Posted by Spitfire-Six (494 posts) -

I guess this attempt at spin? This is not forced, you have option to buy if want. Xbox price is higher and spec weaker because of kinect. Also xbone os is broken because built around kinect.

Twitch and stream are good advertisement for ps4 camera, but still many do not want. Sony open policy with streaming seems to allow community to thrive, but I think sony maybe can create adult section and verify age. Some time American are too drunk and having sex and showing nudity on weekend and western media will demonizing this feature like mass effect and gta.

What exactly is broken?

While it is true that you are forced to own a kinect with your xbox 1 it is however completely integrated with the system and is not attached as an after thought. This is what I appreciate. Also packaging kinect will keep the user base from being fractured. The only analogy I can think of right now is that Playstation is like android and Microsoft is like Apple.

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (8298 posts) -

I was an XBox fanboy back when the mantra was "It's all about choice." Of course, that had to do with the HD-DVD versus Bluray wars, but seems perfectly fitting in case of a $100 difference and weaker machine for the sake of Kinect being shoehorned into every box while Sony gives the choice.

Queue the butthurt for me pointing this out. After all, there was a $500 PS3 SKU when it launched and you didn't even have to pay for the online with that.

#30 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

It called Fanboy Hypocritism" lol!!

It's amazing how all these biased trolls bashed Kinect and kept screaming about NSA and spycam, yet as soon as Sony releases their EyeCamera, everyone runs out and buys one. LMAO!! They many come on here and say they didn;t buy one. Sure you didn't. I definitely didn't buy one. Twitch is better on XB1 and that comes with a camera.

#31 Posted by getyeryayasout (7032 posts) -

Optional.

#33 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

Some obviously do but at least it's their decision to purchase it with a PS4.

#34 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3645 posts) -

"Hurr hurr I don't know what consumer choice is"

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1231 posts) -

glad I chose the xbox, it came with a camera... and it at least has GAMES coming out for it while ps4 owners wait years.

I'll probably get a ps4 a couple years down the road when it has some games... by then it'll be like $250

#36 Edited by handssss (1774 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Bishop1310 said:

It's amazing how all these biased trolls bashed Kinect and kept screaming about NSA and spycam, yet as soon as Sony releases their EyeCamera, everyone runs out and buys one. LMAO!! They many come on here and say they didn;t buy one. Sure you didn't. I definitely didn't buy one. Twitch is better on XB1 and that comes with a camera.

It's called having fucking choice. Maybe you've been forced to take it so long, you just lie there and take it willingly now.

I will never buy a PS camera and if I ever get an Xbone, I will never get Kinect. There's still no fucking use for any real games. "bu bu voice controls!" No, that's not justifiable excuse to own either one of these cameras. I had perfect voice controls in Tomb Raider (ps4) with my Tritton headset. Try again.

Also, are you seriously bragging about twitch being SLIGHTLY better on Xbox and using the camera as the reason? Not only is that not the reason, but does anyone really give a shit an app that took this long after launch to come is better than something that was there day 1? Not to mention reports from the next future PS update seem to address those shortcomings.

#37 Edited by Alcapello (655 posts) -

Sounds like watch dogs sales.

#38 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2271 posts) -
#39 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1322 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Hmm... no.

900,000 cameras were sold, out of the what... 6 million PS4's? Even says in the article that that is a 15 percent attach rate. Everyone is not running out and buying the cameras. All about choice, and it seems 15 percent wanted one. So far it looks like 85 percent of people don't want one, imagine that.

#40 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

6 million ps4 sold vs 900,000 cameras sold. Not really a huge attachment ration there TC. Plus its not being forced on consumers causing the price of the console to go up, so people that would not want the camera are not stuck with it and the added cost to the console like with the xbox one

LOL at Blackace calling people hypocrites by saying everyone is buying the camera. 15 percent of people that own a ps4 (6 million) have bought the camera (900,000)

#41 Posted by Liquid_ (2324 posts) -

That's because Kinect failed to do what Sony has already accomplished.

Bring entertainment.

#42 Posted by mariokart64fan (19348 posts) -

NOPE I DONT WANT NO NSA SPY DEVICE

#43 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3645 posts) -

6,000,000 PS4s sold

900,000 cameras sold

15% of total PS4 owners

"Durr hurr drones do what dere told!!!"

Lemmings, please learn how to do mathematics.

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -
@blackace said:

@Bishop1310 said:

I've noticed whenever there's a chance to bash cows there's always hyperbole in your comments. You never disappoint. Please continue.

Fun fact: Kinect doesn't work as advertised. The PS camera does.

Shocking, I know. *rolls eyes*

#45 Posted by _Matt_ (8835 posts) -

Well 15% clearly shows not that many are bothered about camera peripherals. Nice to have the option for those that want, but seems 85% still don't want it bundled with the system.

#46 Posted by tormentos (16730 posts) -

Less than 1 out of 6 PS4 owners have the camera,many PS fans like the camera they had one since the PS2 days before the xbox 360 even existed let alone Kinect.

So yeah some will buy it the majority will not which is what matter,not like on xbox one where MS even had a reservation for the camera and is dropping it because few care about it,and most xbox fans want pretty graphics...

#47 Edited by tormentos (16730 posts) -
@StrifeDelivery said:

@blackace said:

Hmm... no.

900,000 cameras were sold, out of the what... 6 million PS4's? Even says in the article that that is a 15 percent attach rate. Everyone is not running out and buying the cameras. All about choice, and it seems 15 percent wanted one. So far it looks like 85 percent of people don't want one, imagine that.

Forget Blackace his math skills are as bad as my writing skills..lol

Is not the first time the poor soul see some numbers and make some stupid claim based on % based in some obscure math that not even pentagon could understand.

#48 Edited by AzatiS (7101 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

Fail thread.

Lets assume that majority of PS4 wants a camera , which is far from truth but whatever , you know that is OPTIONAL right ? You want it , buy it . You dont ? Well , you dont have to.

X1 on the other side forces you to buy it you want or not , means pay extra $$. Since majority DONT want kinect or dont care about it then you got a problem.

So i dont get what the heck you trying to say here. Because PS4s cameras selling good as an optional add-on means that M$ decision to force Kinect to consumers is good , or what the ?

Lemmings youre out of your minds latetly ... Is the damage control that much or what?

#49 Posted by Malta_1980 (11157 posts) -

Some surely do, but not everyone is interested !!

#50 Posted by slaves (1157 posts) -

Probably due to Twitch/UStream.

This is the only reason I got mine. I never use the voice commands and to my knowledge the only game that uses the camera is Playroom so......