So PS4 games are only allowed to use 4.5 GB of the GDDR5?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#101 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

This has been known since before the PS4 launch.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#102 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I am really satisfied by the results so far.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you haven't shut anything down you never have nothing but copy paste old ass stuff from last year that was from so called insiders that have dissappeared in these lasts weeks you never have any info from yourself what's really funny you copy and paste shit all the time but when I ask you to find the DF interview when cearny advised devs to use 14+4 cu you seemed to have no knowledge of that and everything doesn't have to be from misterxmedia

Actually i have owned your sorry ass over..lol

Any time you come with a out of this world theory on how the xbox one will magically perform better..lol

Cerny all the contrary told people that 14+4 wasn't a form of evangelisation .

But even if it was that mean the PS4 has 400+Gflops for compute which the xbox one totally lack,while still having 2 CU more for work than the xbox one.

No matter how you slice the stupid theory you end up losing,because having 14+4 for compute doesn't mean those 4 CU will disappear and do nothing all the contrary,Physics,and compute jobs will run circles around the xbox one,and if MS dare to try to use 4 CU of the xbox one for compute (if they can) to compensate yeah the xbox one will have only 8 CU to render 6 less than the PS4 14,so you see no matter what way you slice it the PS4 has 18 CU 6 more than the xbox one,and that will always be an advantage.

Digital Foundry: Going back to GPU compute for a moment, I wouldn't call it a rumour - it was more than that. There was a recommendation - a suggestion? - for 14 cores [GPU compute units] allocated to visuals and four to GPU compute...

Mark Cerny: That comes from a leak and is not any form of formal evangelisation. The point is the hardware is intentionally not 100 per cent round. It has a little bit more ALU in it than it would if you were thinking strictly about graphics.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny

Basically a 14+4 set up would mean that the PS4 will look a little better rendering wise than the xbox one,but will completely destroy the xbox one in physics and compute jobs,because it has 400+Gflops for compute worse that would free CPU resources big time for example Physics on Killzone were done on CPU not on GPU compute,so that is 1 less load on the CPU which will also make the CPU of the PS4 smoke the xbox one even more.

@MK-Professor said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

from which game is this?

Infamous but i think the Order also uses the same.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#104 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Wow. Fail

Really why fail explain to me why.?

There is tons of media for both games,considering how much screen and videos are posted here to prove something look good or bad i find that very hypocrite from you or any one..

Really? Video's look nothing like what these consoles do in real life, you just sound like someone who wants to hop on the PS4 bandwagon. How can I be a hypocrite I have an xbox1, 360, ps+, and my brother-in-law has a PS4 and so does my best friend, not too mention both consoles being on display side by side at my local Gamestop for months now, PS4 is a beast and I'll be getting my PS4 in a month or so. None of this B.S. fanboy, lem vs cow stuff has an effect on me games should be judged based on content not visual quality.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

Really? Video's look nothing like what these consoles do in real life, you just sound like someone who wants to hop on the PS4 bandwagon. How can I be a hypocrite I have an xbox1, 360, ps+, and my brother-in-law has a PS4 and so does my best friend, not too mention both consoles being on display side by side at my local Gamestop for months now, PS4 is a beast and I'll be getting my PS4 in a month or so. None of this B.S. fanboy, lem vs cow stuff has an effect on me games should be judged based on content not visual quality.

What the fu** man stop seeing low bit rate quality videos and,actually direct download videos of this games done right and tell me that what your seen on the video isn't representative what you do on consoles,stop looking at youtube and get some good download sites with good quality.

Videos are totally representative of quality in games why the fu** do you think you have TV and internet ads.?

So you don't have a PS4.? some of my friends also have PS4 that doesn't mean i own one,so your argument based on your friend owning one is sh** i also have friends who own both consoles.

I also own a 360 since day 1 and video of 360 games were totally representative of how games look,just like on PS3 as well, so spare me your you haven't play both games on your TV to know,videos all over the net show how both look.

So yeah save your hypocrite argument.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

young man worrying about something his console doesn't have dat gddr5 lol