So, on what platform you getting dark souls II?

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

I have a pc and a x360, i actually have a ps3 too (gathering dust...)

The console version will be much alike but the pc version, ahh, it's gonna look so much better

but comes out april 24th (ouch)

Don't know what to do, spend less money for better graphics but wait 1,5 month...

They didn't put any extra work in dark souls 1 and the difference is pretty big, so I think you can say the pc version of dark souls II will be a very big difference

Anyway here's a side by side comparison of dark souls 1 on the pc and the consoles (oh and do activate 1080p in the video, so you can see the difference)

#2 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

PS3

I may get it on PC as well when it's on sale for $5

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4802 posts) -

i have an xbox 360 but i will get the pc version.

#4 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

The definitive platform.

#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

pc. no x1 version

They just announced that collectors edition is coming for pc in u.s So it's game on! I just hope best buy gets them so i can get my 20% discount

#6 Edited by Bigboi500 (29945 posts) -

PS3 like the others.

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (43429 posts) -

I'll be buying the 360 version.

#8 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3888 posts) -

PC version... 2560x1080 at 60FPS is worth the wait.

#9 Posted by Chutebox (37230 posts) -

PS3. REALLY can't wait for this game

#10 Edited by Joedgabe (5112 posts) -

PS3.. might get PC after it releases next month :P

too bad they don't let you pre-load the game :[ i suppose it's just anti hacking prevention.

#11 Posted by clr84651 (5449 posts) -

On PS3 where the Souls series started.

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19276 posts) -

PC all day. I've not finished DS1 yet since I only managed to get into it last week after like 5 attempts over 3 years so I don't mind the wait and Titanfall will help. DS1 looks pretty awesome downsampled from 4K though, there's so much detail in the models that's just hidden by the 720p blur hopefully DS2 is the same.

#13 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29294 posts) -

PS3. Am kind of tempted to wait for PC version but too hard to resist (plus it may end up bad like the PC version of Dark Souls)

#14 Posted by blamix99 (1964 posts) -

i played Demon and Dark Souls on PS3 and had no problems, getting it on PS3 of course

#15 Posted by j_assassin (905 posts) -

Ps3 will probably have more players online with ds2 as the 360 players will be playing titanfall, 360 have more online fps audience

#16 Posted by Gesyma (1042 posts) -

PS3 but really want to try and hold out for the inevitable PS4 version... -___-

#17 Posted by Flubbbs (3098 posts) -

PS3.. no way im waiting another month and a half

#18 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

PS3, where it all began.

#19 Posted by Couth_ (10128 posts) -

PS3 and PC

#20 Posted by silversix_ (14630 posts) -

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

#21 Posted by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

It will be painfull, I still don't know what to do, maybe i could play assassins creed IV in the meantime, i heard it's pretty good

#22 Posted by WallofTruth (1686 posts) -

I'll be playing the best version on PC of course.

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14098 posts) -

I'm holding out for the PC version this time.

#24 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

@Gesyma said:

PS3 but really want to try and hold out for the inevitable PS4 version... -___-

you think there's going to be a ps4 version?

#25 Posted by MonsieurX (30266 posts) -

#26 Posted by silversix_ (14630 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

It will be painfull, I still don't know what to do, maybe i could play assassins creed IV in the meantime, i heard it's pretty good

South Park is a good option. Then if you own a ps4 there's infamous in a week n a half. LoS2 is also nowhere near as bad as some make it look. I will look at DkS2 reviews today night and go completely dark on this game until i play it, don't want to know ANYTHING about it.

#27 Edited by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

It will be painfull, I still don't know what to do, maybe i could play assassins creed IV in the meantime, i heard it's pretty good

South Park is a good option. Then if you own a ps4 there's infamous in a week n a half. LoS2 is also nowhere near as bad as some make it look. I will look at DkS2 reviews today night and go completely dark on this game until i play it, don't want to know ANYTHING about it.

Sadly , i hate playstation and their exclusives. Well most of them anyway, i still have to play demon souls but i think that will be too much souls in the next month, probably would get a nervous breakdown

Southpark is a kiddies game to me, I think i'll go with AC IV, or maybe another game that's a lot cheaper, i was kinda holding out on ACIV till it dropped in price.

#28 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

When I do get it I will get it on the 360. I really want to buy it but I'm not sure if it's a good financial move at this point in time.

#29 Posted by MonsieurX (30266 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

It will be painfull, I still don't know what to do, maybe i could play assassins creed IV in the meantime, i heard it's pretty good

South Park is a good option. Then if you own a ps4 there's infamous in a week n a half. LoS2 is also nowhere near as bad as some make it look. I will look at DkS2 reviews today night and go completely dark on this game until i play it, don't want to know ANYTHING about it.

Sadly , i hate playstation and their exclusives. Well most of them anyway, i still have to play demon souls but i think that will be too much souls in the next month, probably would get a nervous breakdown

Southpark is a kiddies game to me, I think i'll go with AC IV, or maybe another game that's a lot cheaper, i was kinda holding out on ACIV till it dropped in price.

South Park,kiddies?

#30 Posted by silversix_ (14630 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

@evildead6789 said:

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

It will be painfull, I still don't know what to do, maybe i could play assassins creed IV in the meantime, i heard it's pretty good

South Park is a good option. Then if you own a ps4 there's infamous in a week n a half. LoS2 is also nowhere near as bad as some make it look. I will look at DkS2 reviews today night and go completely dark on this game until i play it, don't want to know ANYTHING about it.

Sadly , i hate playstation and their exclusives. Well most of them anyway, i still have to play demon souls but i think that will be too much souls in the next month, probably would get a nervous breakdown

Southpark is a kiddies game to me, I think i'll go with AC IV, or maybe another game that's a lot cheaper, i was kinda holding out on ACIV till it dropped in price.

lol of all the games south park is NOT aimed at kids

#31 Posted by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

When I do get it I will get it on the 360. I really want to buy it but I'm not sure if it's a good financial move at this point in time.

yeah, the pc version is also cheaper.

#32 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

When I do get it I will get it on the 360. I really want to buy it but I'm not sure if it's a good financial move at this point in time.

yeah, the pc version is also cheaper.

Don't have a PC suitable for gaming. I'm willing to pay the 60 bucks, just not sure if it's good to pay that at this point in time.

#33 Edited by evildead6789 (7743 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@evildead6789 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

When I do get it I will get it on the 360. I really want to buy it but I'm not sure if it's a good financial move at this point in time.

yeah, the pc version is also cheaper.

Don't have a PC suitable for gaming. I'm willing to pay the 60 bucks, just not sure if it's good to pay that at this point in time.

Depends if you have anything else to play, I hardly buy new games myself, way to costly, but dark souls II is a very, very good game.

#34 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@evildead6789 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

When I do get it I will get it on the 360. I really want to buy it but I'm not sure if it's a good financial move at this point in time.

yeah, the pc version is also cheaper.

Don't have a PC suitable for gaming. I'm willing to pay the 60 bucks, just not sure if it's good to pay that at this point in time.

Depends if you have anything else to play, I hardly buy new games myself, way to costly, but dark souls II is a very, very good game.

Nah, it's not lack of games. I have a few to play, trust me, but I really, really want to get Dark Souls II. Like you, I almost never buy games new, but with ones like DSII, I am more than willing to make an exception. But I'm just not sure if it's a good idea since I don't have a ton of money at the moment.

#35 Posted by Stringerboy (7027 posts) -

ps3 cos free online.

#36 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@evildead6789: I could get it on any of the 3 platforms, but I'll get it on the PS3 like I did with the previous 2 Soul games.

#37 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25371 posts) -

I think my preorder is for PS3. I'll get the PC version later.

#38 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Not getting it on any system.

#39 Posted by bulby_g (1123 posts) -

Waiting for PC.

#40 Posted by remiks00 (1877 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

PC. I do not want to play one single game in jaggies, blurry, washed out 720p resolution anymore. Prefer waiting (waiting will be painful for sure) and play this like its meant to be in 2014, 1080p+.

QFT!

#41 Posted by superbuuman (2847 posts) -

@bulby_g said:

Waiting for PC.

This..kinda lame PC version is a month away tho.

#42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

PC and PS3 both day 1

#43 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3341 posts) -

PC

#44 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

Xbox 360. Dark Souls is the most fun to play day 1 when nobody knows what they are doing and everyone is figuring the game out together. Plus, probably fewer cheaters. But really im just notoriously impatient and dont care that much about graphics.

#45 Edited by PonchoTaco (2140 posts) -

If I decide to ever get it, I will most definitely get it on PC.

Dark Souls was awesome on PC when you modded it, unlocked the Framerate, 1080p mod, graphical upgrade mod, clear text mod, etc.

#46 Posted by PonchoTaco (2140 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

PC and PS3 both day 1

Any particular reason you're buying it on two platforms?

#47 Edited by bulby_g (1123 posts) -

@superbuuman said:

@bulby_g said:

Waiting for PC.

This..kinda lame PC version is a month away tho.

Yeah, just a bit! At least it will help with clearing my backlog though.

#48 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

PS3 so i can play with friends once i'm done with my first playthrough.

#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

PC and PS3 both day 1

Any particular reason you're buying it on two platforms?

Get in and play right at launch because I can't wait over a month to play it. Then get the PC version after because it will be superior

#50 Posted by HadOne2Many (1279 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

If I decide to ever get it, I will most definitely get it on PC.

Dark Souls was awesome on PC when you modded it, unlocked the Framerate, 1080p mod, graphical upgrade mod, clear text mod, etc.

Same here...but I never was able to get into the previous games. Just not what I'm looking for in a game. I may grab it if it is on sale for 4.99 or something like that.