So now apparently 30fps is an acceptable Frame Rate???

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

So apparently now we have a complete 180 going on around here and now it's bu bu bu 30fps if perfect it's all good we love it it's great yippy 30 frames all day everyday we will take that to the bank and cash it all day long?

Second Son 30fps

The Order 30fps

Knack barely hitting 30fps

Delay Club barely hitting 30fps

The 30fps games are starting to pile up on PS4

#2 Edited by PonchoTaco (2175 posts) -

Cows are just hypocrites. Just have to accept it and move on.

#3 Posted by lostrib (37774 posts) -

30 has been acceptable for a while, but 60+ has always been considered better (by reasonable people)

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@lostrib said:

30 has been acceptable for a while, but 60+ has always been considered better (by reasonable people)

Preeeetty much.

#5 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

Cows are just hypocrites. Just have to accept it and move on.

Well all we have seen for months that if you aint hitting 60fps it's a garbage game so I guess they like playing garbage games no wait no games?

#6 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

@lostrib said:

this

#7 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

Because they are completely different scenarios. If thosr were multiplat games running better on x1 then you would have a point

#8 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

On the PS4 yes......X1 no no no

#9 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@me3x12: it always was an acceptable framerate... you tool.

ITs just used as AMMO for PC Gamers of Console gamers.

#10 Posted by bezza2011 (2559 posts) -

Lems are deluded we all just live with it.

#11 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Because they are completely different scenarios. If thosr were multiplat games running better on x1 then you would have a point

MS flagship racer Forza 5 is running at a silky smooth 60fps Sony flagship racer Delay Club running at a choppy 30fps

#12 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -
@me3x12 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

MS flagship racer Forza 5 is running at a silky smooth 60fps Sony flagship racer Delay Club running at a choppy 30fps

Nice example of a multiplat there.

#13 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@edwardecl said:
@me3x12 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nice example of a multiplat there.

Say wa?

#14 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

I guess you find Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Tomb Raider DE on the XB1 to be pretty choppy too then, huh?

#15 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

The 30fps games on PS4 are starting to pile up watching the spin on this is truly funny

#16 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

Knack was 30fps and would dip down to 14fps. You would think that all exclusives would run at 60fps on the PS4, especially a game that was made by Mark Cerny who engineered the PS4. Seriously, how do you enigneer a powerful game console, then create a game on it that can't run at 60fps? That still baffles me.

#17 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Console games running at 60fps have always and will continue to be outliers. A consistent 30 fps and better graphics is the preferable combination for games not belonging to the FPS, racing, character action, fighting and sports genres.

#18 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

@me3x12: That has nothing to do with what I posted...

#19 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

the argument has never been if 30 frames is acceptable or not but that the Xbone will never surpass the PS4 because it's weaker. If a developer wants to skip on 60 frames to make the game more visually appealing that's a choice is beyond our control. But having the same game running 900p/30fps with drops below 20's is not the same as a game running at 1080p/60fps with drops that never go below 30 like Tomb Raider on PS4.

In other words, this thread's argument is just the poor lems desperately grasping at straws.

#20 Posted by Pray_to_me (2879 posts) -

infamous is an open world game running in 1080P with amazing graphics. Meanwhile Dead rising on xbone is 720p 15-20 fps with gamecube graphics. Get the picture?

#21 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@blackace said:

Knack was 30fps and would dip down to 14fps. You would think that all exclusives would run at 60fps on the PS4, especially a game that was made by Mark Cerny who engineered the PS4. Seriously, how do you enigneer a powerful game console, then create a game on it that can't run at 60fps? That still baffles me.

Knack LMAO terrible game and so true the own system designer can't even keep his game at 30fps

#22 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

infamous is an open world game running in 1080P with amazing graphics. Meanwhile Dead rising on xbone is 720p 15-20 fps with gamecube graphics. Get the picture?

hahaha...fools man

#23 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

Lets take a step back and be realistic here...who actually thinks the x1 could run the order and infamous at 1080p locked 30fps with the same effects as ps4? Exactly...

#24 Posted by GamingGod999 (3002 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Yep.

#25 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -
@me3x12 said:

@blackace said:

Knack LMAO terrible game and so true the own system designer can't even keep his game at 30fps

Except it isn't. Knacks a pretty fun, decent game.

#26 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

DR3 was a launch game for one and also the game has the most AI on screen ever in a game. Not to mention Crapcom is not what they used to be clearly they make shit games now even though DR3 was actually a really fun game and probably the best game out of either systems launch games.

#27 Edited by bezza2011 (2559 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

hahahahahahahahaha O man you really made me chuckle then, i mean Forza 5 with it's great landscape ps2 graphics and the whole 14 lots of tracks, and o wait yea absolutely no Dynamic weather conditions what so ever, less cars than the last game, less tracks, Hmmmmmmm seems to me they cut back on everything just to be able to reach that and more than likely rushed out for launch, because i'm pretty sure the dlc they offered was going to be in the game but thought they'd sell them instead yep your onto a winner there

and no one knows what drive club is at so

#28 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (773 posts) -

Im guessing this kid made this thread because hes mad that every time a a multiplat is confirmed to have either higher resolutions or higher frame rates on the PS4 compared to the Xbone version, a thread is made about it.

Making threads like "Teh real XboxOne is coming" lol I guess that means you've been playing a fake console all this time.

"XBone and PS4 equal in power" yeah im sure you go to bed every night telling yourself that to help you sleep at night.

#29 Edited by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

So it only matters if xbox does worse? Standards are relative, but only to xbox? Cows are funny. I thought the PS4 was a real next gen system?

Also, anyone that thinks 30fps is more "visually appealing," and a choice made by devs on purpose, is stupid. It's a limitation of power and nothing more. The dev didn't have all the features turned on at 60fps and said "this doesn't look cinematic enough."

Lems and cows play mental gymnastics constantly. It's quite sad to see them struggle with things, like constant hypocrisy, and not realize it.

#30 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

@me3x12 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

hahahahahahahahaha O man you really made me chuckle then, i mean Forza 5 with it's great landscape ps2 graphics and the whole 14 lots of tracks, and o wait yea absolutely no Dynamic weather conditions what so ever, less cars than the last game, less tracks, Hmmmmmmm seems to me they cut back on everything just to be able to reach that and more than likely rushed out for launch, because i'm pretty sure the dlc they offered was going to be in the game but thought they'd sell them instead yep your onto a winner there

and no one knows what drive club is at so

For a launch game Forza 5 is amazing and has awesome graphics not to mention i know cows are used to waiting 5-6 years for racing games like GT5-6 that still uses generic no in car PS2 level cars no cockpit view. The standards of cows are apparently really low so Delay Club must not hurt much either since you guys are so used to it.

#31 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Why are you crying? 1080p 30fps is better than 720p 18fps next gen.

#32 Edited by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

Only when SONY says its ok.

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

And of course this. Spot on mate.

#33 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

All last gen you guys were saying it was fine so why is it suddenly not?

In fact last gen was barely even 30 for some games yet people had no issues with it, now people suddenly care a great deal about framerates

#34 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Oh no the trend around here has been LOL look it's not at 60fps on the X1 and the almighty PS4 is running games at up to 60fps and has higher ave frames but now when games are starting to pile up at 30fps on PS4 it's oh look 30fps is fine no problems. Yet when I've made the same argument that 30fps is the optimal choice for single player games it's been LOL no that's garbage lol the X1 can't hit 60fps like the PS4. But again when the games are stating to pile up at 30fps on PS4 it's oh bu bu bu it's all good we like 30fps that's all we need.

#35 Posted by Joedgabe (5127 posts) -

I mean 60 is cool the games run a lot smoother but it's not something to really care about once you start playing. What i would hope is that the game maintains itself on 30 and doesn't drop below. Last gen they couldn't even maintain 30 so if they're getting 30 right for now it's good enough for me. Shows improvement which is what we can all ask for.

#36 Edited by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

All last gen you guys were saying it was fine so why is it suddenly not?

In fact last gen was barely even 30 for some games yet people had no issues with it, now people suddenly care a great deal about framerates

Cows brag about 60fps and act like 60fps and 1080p is the new standard, lems see games on ps4 that aren't 60fps and "own" them. It's all so very dumb.

If consolites actually cared about power, they would stop being spoon fed their gaming systems, and actually buy something powerful.

#37 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

LMAOOO Lemmings think they have a weapon. They're going to milk this one for as long as they can...

Anyway, dumbass. 30FPS has always been acceptable.

You're angry because cows bashed Tfall for being 30 fps, but didn't bash it for the fps alone, but we bashed it because

1. Source Engine 3 doesn't require that much power to perform and the whole point of using the source engine 3 is to be able to do a lot more with less and almost get away with it, and yet the Xbone is struggling to keep a 30fps game at even 720p not to speak of 1080p.

2. It's running at 720p despite being only 30fps

3. The graphics actually don't look anything remotely impressive at all...they look like upscaled 7th gen games...

The reason Tfall gets bashed is because it seems to making a lot of sacrifices and yet it's struggling to stay afloat...we're not seeing the product or reward of those sacrifices

#38 Edited by lostrib (37774 posts) -

@justw8_n_c said:

LMAOOO Lemmings think they have a weapon. They're going to milk this one for as long as they can...

You're angry because cows bashed Tfall for being 30 fps, but didn't bash it for the fps alone, but we bashed it because

1. Source Engine 3 doesn't require that much power to perform and the whole point of using the source engine 3 is to be able to do a lot more with less and almost get away with it, and yet the Xbone is struggling to keep a 30fps game at even 720p not to speak of 1080p.

3. The graphics actually don't look anything remotely impressive at all...they look like upscaled 7th gen games...

The reason Tfall gets bashed is because it seems to making a lot of sacrifices and yet it's struggling to stay afloat...we're not seeing the product or reward of those sacrifices

There is no Source Engine 3, they haven't even released Source 2. And the resolution and framerate of Titanfall have yet to be confirmed

#39 Edited by tymeservesfate (1973 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

So apparently now we have a complete 180 going on around here and now it's bu bu bu 30fps if perfect it's all good we love it it's great yippy 30 frames all day everyday we will take that to the bank and cash it all day long?

Second Son 30fps

The Order 30fps

Knack barely hitting 30fps

Delay Club barely hitting 30fps

The 30fps games are starting to pile up on PS4

yikes, i forgot about Knack and DriveClub...i wondered about the 30 fps thing in another thread. about it maybe being the ps4's issue this gen...its looking like it definitely is when you put into account all their exclusives, besides Killzone, runs at 30 fps. what happened to that playstation 4 powah!! cmon Sony....

PS30fps it looking like now though...cows even have to wait an extra 30 frames per second now it seems smh -_-

#40 Edited by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@justw8_n_c said:

There is no Source Engine 3, they haven't even released Source 2. And the resolution and framerate of Titanfall have yet to be confirmed

Oh I must have been misinformed somewhere from this forum. It's using a modified version of the original source engine

#41 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@justw8_n_c said:

LMAO OMG wooo LOL Source Engine 3 LOL And it's LMAO funny that people don't stop to think that Titanfall is a MP online only game so this game is going to be all about netcode and best frame rates by the way Titanfall is going to be 60fps but again it's all about netcode and lag free gaming so graphics are never the high priority in a MP only game.

LMAO Source engine 3 LOL classic

http://www.gamechup.com/titanfall-runs-at-a-solid-60fps-features-tons-of-graphical-effects/

#42 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: man if you guys are bashing the ps4s power you all must be very unhappy with your x1.

#43 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Multiplats will still be better on the PS4, so whats the point of this thread?

I think the point people were making with 1080p 60FPS is when it's directly comparable to the Xbox One version of the exact same thing. Developers are free to choose whatever graphics setting they want, much like PC gamers decide what graphics settings they want (although I would prefer the option on the PS4 to be honest). You have to strike balance between raw numbers of stuff/effects on the screen (textures, physics, objects, post processing) and number of pixels/frame rate. Looks like they chose just to put more stuff on screen, I assume they have done their own study into it with play testing.

I might not agree with them, maybe they could never reach 60FPS comfortably (they would rather not have dips in places?) For example I can't play Assassin's Creed @60FPS on my PC in all areas no matter what graphics settings are chosen, so I force it to 30FPS (with tools) because the frame rate jump really stands out and makes me sad. Sure 30FPS is not great, but sudden frame rate drops are worse. Maybe it's the same for that game, perhaps it's more CPU limited and they just want to get the game out the door rather then spend more time on it.

Don't think developers have really got the hang on multi threading to 6 cores yet, most PC stuff I've played struggles to use more than 2 cores in any meaningful way.

#44 Posted by tymeservesfate (1973 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@tymeservesfate: man if you guys are bashing the ps4s power you all must be very unhappy with your x1.

no one has seen this power the ps4 is suppose to have yet though. that's the issue...so far there are XB1 games that outperform ps4 exclusives in technical prowess, graphics, and a few with fps lol. you guys keep trying to feed people how powerful the ps4 is but its not showing it in the games at all. in the current games as well as the future ones.

#45 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: actually its shown the ps4 is significantly more powerful in almost every multiplat between the two consoles. Have you been living under a rock?

#46 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

But Sony themselves keep saying PS4 games are better bu bu bu apparently 30fps is da better it must be Sony can't even run their own PC division but they must be the bu bu bu experts in knowing the games are better bu bu bu wait 30fps is better bu bu bu

#47 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: And you have come to this conclusion 3 months into the consoles life... with almost none of the best first party developers releasing their games for either system yet.

#48 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@me3x12: Are you mentally sub-normal? I don't even see the point you are trying to make it seems kind of random and incoherent.

#49 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

@me3x12: Are you mentally sub-normal? I don't even see the point you are trying to make it seems kind of random and incoherent.

Ahh your fanboy goggles are covered in peanut butter

#50 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5071 posts) -

30fps is not acceptable when your competitor has the same game running at around 60fps