So next-gen only does flops?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

So, I have a $600 self build PC, it's 3 years old but it still plays games like Battlefield 4 in 1080/High settings at around 40-60 FPS and it also plays almost any other game pretty much maxed out. So let's ignore the fact that I already have a next-gen console, what would be the point of getting one?

I mean it almost only has flops. Only the multiplats and one or two exclusives are good on both systems and most of them I can play on PC.

Look at this, why would I buy a console for so much money if all the console has to offer is low rated shovelware that we've already played a dozen times before? Better stick with current gen consoles or PC, next gen is a joke sadly.

#2 Posted by Malta_1980 (11153 posts) -

well I'm a PC gamer as well but do you think there won't be flops coming out on PC as well in the future even when new hardware (new CPU / GPU etc) are released!!

A new wave of consoles doesn't mean that their games will all score 9+ it means new hardware has been released.. its up to devs to create great games... So far reviewers were not impressed while many gamers were... who's right at the end of the day, a random stranger (reviewer) or your personal opinion?? I take my opinion over review score because I decide for myself whats good and what is not :)

#3 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

I don't let reveiwers dictate if a game is good or not.

#4 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4412 posts) -

Next gen consoles are for broh gamers.

#5 Posted by gMcR (216 posts) -

Agreed. It's probably better to wait until there are some good exclusives on the next gen consoles.

#6 Posted by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

well I'm a PC gamer as well but do you think there won't be flops coming out on PC as well in the future even when new hardware (new CPU / GPU etc) are released!!

A new wave of consoles doesn't mean that their games will all score 9+ it means new hardware has been released.. its up to devs to create great games... So far reviewers were not impressed while many gamers were... who's right at the end of the day, a random stranger (reviewer) or your personal opinion?? I take my opinion over review score because I decide for myself whats good and what is not :)

That's not what I mean, of course PC gaming has a lot of flops but it's nowhere near as bad as Xbox one or PS4 exclusives, almost all the Xbone and PS4 exclusives have received horrible scores and if you're going to buy a new console and see that most games have received a bad score then that's kinda alarming.

#7 Posted by Heil68 (43165 posts) -

Dont care. I bought the PS4 to experience buying a console on launch day and I have to say it's been a fabulous, over expectations experience.

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3335 posts) -

There's always the Wii U.

#10 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8690 posts) -

The Wii U disagrees.

-Super Mario 3D World: 94

-Wind Waker HD: 90

-Pikmin 3: 87

-New Super Mario Bros. U: 84

-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: 82

-Lego City Undercover: 80

-The Wonderful 101: 78

-ZombiU: 77

-Nintendo Land: 77

All these games are in the green on Metacritic.

#11 Posted by meankilleR (9622 posts) -

@walloftruth: the point is the exclusives. If you limit yourself to pc games your missing out. I have a PS4 XBOX ONE Wii U and a GAMING PC (i7 3770 16gb ram Gtx 670) hooked up to my tv, so I know you are missing out on future exclusives.

#12 Posted by lamprey263 (22629 posts) -

whatever the MetaCritic score there's no way Killzone Shadow Fall could have been as disappointing as Resistance Fall of Man was at launch, which average like an 86

#13 Edited by charizard1605 (55309 posts) -

Wii U, brah

#14 Edited by Zassimick (6224 posts) -

I like playing flops. Builds character.

#15 Posted by bobbetybob (19111 posts) -

The Wii U disagrees.

-Super Mario 3D World: 94

-Wind Waker HD: 90

-Pikmin 3: 87

-New Super Mario Bros. U: 84

-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: 82

-Lego City Undercover: 80

-The Wonderful 101: 78

-ZombiU: 77

-Nintendo Land: 77

All these games are in the green on Metacritic.

Thank you Nintendo, constantly delivering those hits.

#16 Posted by StormyJoe (4734 posts) -

So, I have a $600 self build PC, it's 3 years old but it still plays games like Battlefield 4 in 1080/High settings at around 40-60 FPS and it also plays almost any other game pretty much maxed out. So let's ignore the fact that I already have a next-gen console, what would be the point of getting one?

I mean it only has flops. Only the multiplats are good on both systems and most of them I can play on PC.

Look at this, why would I buy a console for so much money if all the console has to offer is low rated shovelware that we've already played a dozen times before? Better stick with current gen consoles or PC, next gen is a joke sadly.

Metacritc does not count in SW.

#17 Posted by Silverbond (16046 posts) -
#18 Posted by StormyJoe (4734 posts) -
#19 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Hallo. Great thread TC.

#20 Posted by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

@walloftruth: the point is the exclusives. If you limit yourself to pc games your missing out. I have a PS4 XBOX ONE Wii U and a GAMING PC (i7 3770 16gb ram Gtx 670) hooked up to my tv, so I know you are missing out on future exclusives.

I'm not missing out on anything to be honest, I have a Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, PS4 and gaming PC and alone on Steam I have over 600 games and I've barely played 100 of those 600 games. I have literally too many games on PC, so I really don't care if I can play the newest Mario or Uncharted since I simply have to many games to choose from and it's not worth to pay a few hundred bucks for a console just for a handful of good games.

#21 Edited by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

I mean it only has flops. Only the multiplats are good on both systems and most of them I can play on PC.

Metacritc does not count in SW.

Doesn't change the fact that all those games flopped.

#23 Edited by rtechie (87 posts) -

@Silverbond said:

@StormyJoe: Why not?

SW rules. Only GS scores matter.

Considering GameSpot has been involved in numerous scandals where they were paid for reviews I'm going to ignore those scores regardless of the SW rules. Metactitic scores are fake too, notice the massive grade inflation over the years? The user scores on Metacritic are fake too because the publishers use shills.

Due to the grade inflation, where reviewers simply aren't allowed to give anything less than a "8", you can assume anything less than a "9", or a "85" in 100 point systems, released in the last few years is total garbage. At least according to that one reviewer.

#24 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

A review is simply one person's opinion. Just because someone doesn't like a game doesn't make it an instant flop.

#25 Posted by happyduds77 (1429 posts) -

No, you are just too stupid to know the truth.

#26 Posted by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

No, you are just too stupid to know the truth.

That's rich coming from a guy who claimed that the WiiU will outsell the Xbox 1 and PS4 combined, please keep the jokes coming haha.

#27 Posted by happyduds77 (1429 posts) -
#28 Posted by casharmy (6821 posts) -

weird...in this hermit's universe Forza 5 and resogun don't exist.

#29 Posted by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -

@casharmy said:

weird...in this hermit's universe Forza 5 and resogun don't exist.

Weird...in this *cow/hermit/sheep/lem* the word almost doesn't mean almost.

#30 Posted by StormyJoe (4734 posts) -

@rtechie said:
@StormyJoe said:

@Silverbond said:

@StormyJoe: Why not?

SW rules. Only GS scores matter.

Considering GameSpot has been involved in numerous scandals where they were paid for reviews I'm going to ignore those scores regardless of the SW rules. Metactitic scores are fake too, notice the massive grade inflation over the years? The user scores on Metacritic are fake too because the publishers use shills.

Due to the grade inflation, where reviewers simply aren't allowed to give anything less than a "8", you can assume anything less than a "9", or a "85" in 100 point systems, released in the last few years is total garbage. At least according to that one reviewer.

That's a nice story.