So much to know about all you can do -HALO MC COLLECTION-

• 193 results
#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (1955 posts) -

DETAILS...DETAILS....SO MANY DETAILS....the game sounds like its going to be an amazing buy for people. so many features...they even kept forge mode in. it seems like they thought of everything. a lot of the comments on the video tell how a lot people are using this as an excuse to get an XB1 as well....good for those guys :]

-love the little dig they take at The Last Guardian in the interview too..."too soon..?" BAHHAHHHH XD

#2 Edited by lostrib (37608 posts) -

Good collection, but don't think 1 game (or collection in this case) is worth buying a console for

#3 Posted by tymeservesfate (1955 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Good collection, but don't think 1 game (or collection in this case) is worth buying a console for

neither do i...but the XB1 has a nice catalogue of games so far already out, with more coming in the next few months. some people feel its worth it now i guess.

#4 Posted by lostrib (37608 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@lostrib said:

neither do i...but the XB1 has a nice catalogue of games so far already out, with more coming in the next few months. some people feel its worth it now i guess.

I guess if you love Forza...

#5 Edited by onewiththegame (4248 posts) -

If I had an X1 I would consider picking this up

#6 Edited by B4X (5146 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Nah the 10s of millions of Halo fans will pass on this ....

Nothing to see here folks. Keep moving.

#7 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i love it! if i didn't own x1 yet, i would be in that line at midnight when the clock ticks over

#8 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

The value presented in this collection is second to none compared to any of the other remasters we are currently seeing. I imagine if there are Sony fans prepared to buy a PS4 for a year old TLOU then there are hundreds of thousands prepared to drop cash on playing this whole collection of games. If I hadnt already decided to be an early X1 adopter this would be the bundle I would have bought.

#9 Edited by B4X (5146 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

i love it! if i didn't own x1 yet, i would be in that line at midnight when the clock ticks over

My god the Marketing campaign for this game will be huge. Only guys like us who watch e3 know about this game.

Wait till word gets out to the masses. I'll will bet a bundle will be announced before it's launch.

He's coming.

#10 Posted by slaves (1283 posts) -

To bad Halo 2 HD isn't coming to 360 like CE did. I would have picked that up.

#11 Posted by highking_kallor (524 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Hmm I dont know. It has almost convinced me if it reviews well.

#12 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3611 posts) -

It's gonna be awesome, that's for sure.

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@b4x said:

@k2theswiss said:

My god the Marketing campaign for this game will be huge. Only guys like us who watch e3 know about this game.

Wait till word gets out to the masses. I'll will bet a bundle will be announced before it's launch.

He's coming.

they be stupid not to release a custom xbox

#14 Posted by cainetao11 (17707 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

The value presented in this collection is second to none compared to any of the other remasters we are currently seeing. I imagine if there are Sony fans prepared to buy a PS4 for a year old TLOU then there are hundreds of thousands prepared to drop cash on playing this whole collection of games. If I hadnt already decided to be an early X1 adopter this would be the bundle I would have bought.

But the fact that TLOU is a year old is an argument with no weight I was told

#15 Edited by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -

It's a nice package. But since it's a remake and I've played most of these games (and halo 4 is apparently skipable), it's hardy 'buy an Xbone' nice.

*obligatory IMO to deflect butthurt*

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (47250 posts) -

Pretty much convinced me to get the X1 over the PS4

#17 Posted by Bruin1986 (1300 posts) -

With four entire campaigns, two reworked in a new engine, and over 100 multiplayer maps, it's hard to beat for value for your money.

#18 Posted by RR360DD (11984 posts) -

Sounds amazing. Its seems Sony are the only ones who continually fail when it comes to doing a proper remaster.

Even look at the GTAV remaster. Tons and tons of improvements. Then look at TLOU ... its virtually identical to the PS3 version.

#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16624 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Sounds amazing. Its seems Sony are the only ones who continually fail when it comes to doing a proper remaster.

Even look at the GTAV remaster. Tons and tons of improvements. Then look at TLOU ... its virtually identical to the PS3 version.

Yes, TLOU HD Is bad value for your money. It's just a res and AA upgrade.

But aren't they just re-doing Halo 2 for this collection and just making sure the others run at 1080p/60fps ? Or are they redoing all the Halo games on the latest engine or something ?

#20 Posted by sailor232 (4819 posts) -

Can't wait, I havent played any of the Halo's and is the reason I bought the Xbox One over the Ps4.

#21 Edited by Krelian-co (11176 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

titanfall will be TEH SYSTEM SELLAR!!!

halo rehash will be TEH SYSTEM SELLAR!!!!

well at least microsoft is consistent in halo forza gears rehashes.

#22 Edited by funkmaster1233 (397 posts) -

@mems_1224:

Same here.

I will definitely buy a PS4 later down the line when I can catch up on all its single player epics. I did the exact same thing for the PS3 and I didn't miss out any multiplayer games like I would have if I bought a 360 towards the end of the gen instead. The X1 also has the better library currently and in the near future so it's even more of a win-win

#23 Edited by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -

Super excited for this collection. Can't wait to experience Halo 2 once more and enjoy one of my favorite multiplayer franchises again.

#24 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

A lot of Halo 3 fans passed on Halo 4...why is that?

That being said it is a great value for $59.99,

#25 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7418 posts) -

I might have to do some basement dwelling when I get this. This is such a treat, this game(s). Xbox One owners should feel proud.

#26 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

I for one enjoyed Halo 4's story ( watched the entire game on YouTube :P ) so im interested in watching the rest of games story later on so the more updated the games are the better i think.

#27 Posted by Snugenz (11891 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I disagree i was big into the Halo CE and Halo 2 multiplayer scene and to have both of them back is well worth a few hundred quid. Hopefully there'll be another price drop by the time it releases though.

#28 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

So awesome and just more.... MDC... :P

#29 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

For Halo fans this will probably be reason enough to get the Bone.

Microsoft is going to have to show some gameplay of the mentioned titles at E3 before I can make my mind up.

I will say though, the collection is well worth the price. I haven't seen a remake with so much value since the Orange Box. This actually seems like it is a notch up.

#30 Edited by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@always_explicit said:

Well I guess it holds no weight if your someone happy to pay $60 for something a product thats almost identical to something released a year ago. Personally I look for more value for money than that. The MC collection offers that value in abundance.

Although I may have to double dip on GTA 5 because I gave my 360 away....lesson learned.

#31 Edited by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

I'll probably get this collection even though it's not an exclusive or advantage for the Xbone.

#32 Edited by cainetao11 (17707 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@cainetao11 said:

@always_explicit said:

Well I guess it holds no weight if your someone happy to pay $60 for something a product thats almost identical to something released a year ago. Personally I look for more value for money than that. The MC collection offers that value in abundance.

Although I may have to double dip on GTA 5 because I gave my 360 away....lesson learned.

I gave my 360 away also. I had that argument with a cow who swears since MC collection and TLOU are remasters they should be treated the same. To each their own but I didn't treat the Orange Box the same as KZ2. The value is too great on OB compared to one game. And for a lot of us, one year and a hike in HD to HD isn't enough to pay $60 again. MC collection offers a lot more albeit I wont buy it for myself.

I'll probably get GTA for PC.

#33 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@lostrib said:

It depends on the game and your love of it. I wouldn't by a system soley for Uncharted or Halo or Forza or Mario God of War, ect. But I would if Mass Effect were exclusive to one console. It all depends on what that particular game means to you. And you gotta admit that Halo Collection has likely the most content ever for a single game disk. I'm gonna buy it, though I wouldn't have bought a One for it alone. But I do get why some people will.

#34 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

I'll admit it looks pretty cool, but haven't you super-fans already played all four of those games?

#35 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Buying systems for hd remasters... lems & cows are turning into one faction. lol

#36 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (376 posts) -

Fuck ya, I'm gonna drop 500 bones on the xbone so i can play some HD versions of 4 games i already fucking played......fucking tits.

#37 Posted by B4X (5146 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

A lot of Halo 3 fans passed on Halo 4...why is that?

That being said it is a great value for $59.99,

10 million sold. Must be new fans? :P

You lie more than a rug son.

#38 Edited by B4X (5146 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

I'll admit it looks pretty cool, but haven't you super-fans already played all four of those games?

At 1080p 60fps on dedicated servers. Nope.

#39 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@b4x: Halo 3 sold 13 million. Halo 4 sold close to 9 million. Still great numbers, but around 25 percent drop.

#40 Posted by B4X (5146 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x: Halo 3 sold 13 million. Halo 4 sold close to 9 million. Still great numbers, but around 25 percent drop.

You're kidding right? Halo 4 sold more than Halo 2. Why use the highest selling game in the series, to try to prove your point?

Never mind, we all know how you operate.

#41 Posted by lostrib (37608 posts) -

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

You're kidding right? Halo 4 sold more than Halo 2. Why use the highest selling game in the series, to try to prove your point?

Because he's attempting to show loss of interest in the sequel? So why wouldn't he use the numbers from the previous entry in the main series

and because his main point was "A lot of Halo 3 fans passed on Halo 4...why is that?"

#42 Posted by funkmaster1233 (397 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Yes but we haven't been able to properly play Halo: CE online (The PC version did not play well) and Halo 2 hasn't been playable online in over 4 years (again the PC version sucks as people only play one map).

#43 Posted by silversix_ (14790 posts) -

How can anyone be excited about this garbage when Destiny comes out at around same time?

#44 Posted by B4X (5146 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Because he's attempting to show loss of interest in the sequel? So why wouldn't he use the numbers from the previous entry in the main series

and because his main point was "A lot of Halo 3 fans passed on Halo 4...why is that?"

Maybe there's a theory in it somewhere you can drag out of your ass? :P

#45 Posted by lostrib (37608 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So I see you still don't understand the difference between a scientific theory and the common use of the term. I gave you the info, you just apparently can't read

#46 Posted by magicalclick (22804 posts) -

Haven't played the upgraded versions of both Halo 1 and 2. It is so awesome. And I certainly want to relive 3 and 4 in much higher resolution. I do hope they changes a bit of HLSL code for Halo3 to match other greatness.

#47 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10526 posts) -

Once I beat a game I usually do not play them again but this collection is bad ass and has so much to offer. Day one!

#48 Edited by B4X (5146 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So I see you still don't understand the difference between a scientific theory and the common use of the term. I gave you the info, you just apparently can't read

My sack gathers more riders every day that I post on here. Why would you continue to boast theories at me? When Scientists can't even prove the theories. Their sacks are supple too?

#49 Posted by funkmaster1233 (397 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

How can anyone be excited about this garbage when Destiny comes out at around same time?

Have you actually watched/played Destiny? It plays like a CoD game and even though Bungie really messed up with Reach at least it had its own identity

#50 Posted by lostrib (37608 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

My sack gathers more riders every day I post on here. Why would you continue to boast theories at me? When Scientists can even prove the theories. Their sacks are supple too?

...I wouldn't know.