So is Dynasty Warriors 7 gonna get medicore reviews like the others have?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

User Lists: 0

#1 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Lately I've been hearing of this new Dynasty Warriors7 game and have been seeing some hype and some advertisement for it. I played the third game fourth one, stopped after I started hearing about the series's decline in quality, this especially discouraged me since I didn't care for Dynasty Warriors 4 very much. I like the generalformula of Dynasty Warriors but the way the A.I. is supposed to be(and was in the ones I played), the glitches, and the atrocious voice acting has turned me off from the series. Despite the some of thehype this game is getting I still feel like the same mistakes in this installment are either not gonna be fixed, compensated for, or made worse.

Your thoughts?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Same Dynasty Warriors, Same crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

:lol: Dynasty Warriors getting a good score. Dynasty Warriors is the definition of repetitive, it's the same thing over and over and over for each game. I'm going to quote a guy from G4 here and say "If we didn't like it the first 4 times, we're not gonna like it the next 3 times".

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Most likely though people who want to try the game out really shouldn't pay attention the the reviews.

Personally I'm buying DW7 day one. :]

Edit- I always found it annoying when people keep saying it's the same thing over and over. You're missing the point. They're trying to please their fans. :]

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
Well if its the same game as the last 6 then yes it will.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

Well if its the same game as the last 6 then yes it will.Duckyindiana

6 was actually rather different, just in a bad way. 7 seems to have a lot of changes too.

As for reviews, of course they will be mediocre. The series isn't exactly high quality, and it's not a hyped supergiant with a massive marketing budget, so reviewers won't be as forgiving.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
If you liked 3, or 4, or 5 (5 being the best of the series so far), you'll enjoy 7.
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

I grew up with DW and played all of em except for the 1st one.

The only dissappointing one to me was the 6th, that was awful. But DW7 is looking really good. I hope it has alot of replay value, new modes, new mechanics, and the like, I dont care about the graphics alot. I've seen in a youtube video that it has 62 characters, new and old

I'm guessing a 7 for me

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
yes... mediocre series will continue getting mediocre scores
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Yeah DW7 will get poor reviews in the west, but if you like the series it doesn't matter what critics/misinformed gamers think of it.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

It'll get bad reviews because people that review it are people that dislike the series and people that act like no other game is repetitive. The people will also be people that complain about AI. That being said, if the AI was good and aggressive, the games would be extremely difficult due to the large amounts of enemies. Top that off with the fact that the games are actually pretty difficult them selves would almost makes them unplayable.

People will also assume the games haven't had any changes since the first one came out.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Its a bit of hypocritical thinking but it will probability get a low score. Reviewers mindsets for certain genre's are very aggressive while others are really soft. Jrpgs, hack and slash genre like DW series get hit hard but genre's like FPS shooters get a lax on it.