So i am legitimately freaked out right now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jamejame (10474 posts) -

I know this is going to be disregarded as BS, and i have no way of proving that i didn't write this other than making a video of my handwriting and showing it's not how I write -- I so wish I had done a ****ing unboxing video, but i digress. So today after hooking my Xbox One up, DLing the update, cleaning my room etc. I looked in my empty Xbox One packaging and found this note at the bottom

i'm fully aware none of you are likely to believe, hell, close friends of mine think I'm full of **** but I'm not the type to do this. I'm keeping my box, but Kinect is absolutely 100% staying unplugged or pointed at my monitor with 2 girls 1 cup on loop. If you want me to post a timestamp of my Xbox One, I can do so as well -- still wouldn't validate my post but I'm hoping some of you are willing to take me for my word. i know Chinese workers do this kind of thing from time to time, only with pleas of help, not warnings as far as I know.

#2 Posted by Basinboy (10890 posts) -

You got my note, I see. Good....

#3 Edited by Flubbbs (2733 posts) -

im good with encrypted messages, i think it says you are being watched

#4 Edited by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

You need to get out of the country as soon as possible, don't tell your friends and family, use a different name and start a new life.

Greatness awaits you

#5 Posted by Flubbbs (2733 posts) -

you are being watched - Edward Snowden

#6 Posted by lawlessx (46176 posts) -

slow night tonight in system wars..

#7 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3974 posts) -

CBS Interactive, the owner of Gamespot, is also owned by Microsoft. Not a smart move to post here...

#8 Posted by lamprey263 (22266 posts) -

Anyhow, I'm reminded of the story of the Chinese prisoner working in a labor camp sweatshop making goods for the American market hiding notes about conditions in the product itself - see story here - but I doubt that's the case. Probably a Sony fanboy working for a gaming retailer hid the note in the inventory.

#9 Posted by The_Stand_In (361 posts) -

That's pretty funny. But seriously man, calm down. An employee at wherever you bought your console at just slipped the note into the packaging as a prank to freak someone out. Just happened to be you.

#10 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

reminds me of encountering the dark brotherhood in skyrim

#11 Edited by Spartan070 (16303 posts) -

If this were serious you wouldn't have come to SW with it...

#12 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

If this were serious you wouldn't have come to SW with it...

Where else would I go? lol the news wouldn't believe me either.

Anyway, I'm sorry for wasting your time -- I genuinely believed it was real but my father owned up to it. I honestly have no earthly idea how he managed to slip it into the box -- no clue whatsoever but it brings me peace of mind at the very least lol. Well played either way, definitely had me going.

#13 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

It's funny because it's actually true.

#14 Posted by getyeryayasout (6793 posts) -

Holy shit, I got the same thing! At the nottom of the box there was a letter that said: 'Jamejame is being watched.' Freaky-deaky!

#15 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

Microsoft sent that to everyone who brought an xbone, seeing as nasa is spying on you 24/7 even when you are having sex.

Well not you ofcourse, You have virgin written all over you.

#16 Edited by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Microsoft sent that to everyone who brought an xbone, seeing as nasa is spying on you 24/7 even when you are having sex.

Well not you ofcourse, You have virgin written all over you.

Ouch? lol okay Pokemon.

#17 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

They're being more upfront about it than I thought they would have been.

#18 Edited by Shewgenja (7725 posts) -

Follow the white rabbit.

#19 Edited by Krelian-co (9743 posts) -

you kinda signed in to being watched when you bought an xbone. Don't you watch any news? why do you think microsoft pushed so hard for kinect to be forced into xbone?

#20 Edited by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

It's a conspiracy man.

#21 Posted by gago-gago (9073 posts) -

You should go to the store you bought it at and tell them what happened and you don't appreciate whoever did that and demand for a gift card or store credit for your troubles. Someone putting a note in the box is like someone putting boogers in your food you ordered. lol.

#22 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Something outside the matrix is trying to tell you something, follow the white rabbit.

#23 Posted by poomonger613 (1329 posts) -

excellent, excellent, all is falling into place......all that remains is the final judgement.....

#24 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10462 posts) -

#25 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

#26 Posted by clyde46 (43232 posts) -

Meh.

#27 Posted by 2scoopsofempty (923 posts) -

SW is hitting new lows... wow.

#28 Posted by Caseytappy (2108 posts) -

Foxconn Cows know Lemmings are easily scared but this one is a extreme pantsy .

It worked .

#30 Posted by pelvist (4438 posts) -

What note?

#31 Edited by TheEroica (12961 posts) -

You've been compromised.... Destroy phone.

#32 Posted by dommeus (9061 posts) -

@jamejame said:

I know this is going to be disregarded as BS, and i have no way of proving that i didn't write this other than making a video of my handwriting and showing it's not how I write -- I so wish I had done a ****ing unboxing video, but i digress. So today after hooking my Xbox One up, DLing the update, cleaning my room etc. I looked in my empty Xbox One packaging and found this note at the bottom

i'm fully aware none of you are likely to believe, hell, close friends of mine think I'm full of **** but I'm not the type to do this. I'm keeping my box, but Kinect is absolutely 100% staying unplugged or pointed at my monitor with 2 girls 1 cup on loop. If you want me to post a timestamp of my Xbox One, I can do so as well -- still wouldn't validate my post but I'm hoping some of you are willing to take me for my word. i know Chinese workers do this kind of thing from time to time, only with pleas of help, not warnings as far as I know.

What note? I see no note.

#33 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24088 posts) -

What was the note?

was it musical?