So Halo 5 and Halo2A are coming out this year...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) 8 months, 11 days ago

Poll: So Halo 5 and Halo2A are coming out this year... (27 votes)

This going to be good! 59%
This going to be rushed garbage. 41%

Now I know it's been a bit over a year since the last Halo, Halo poor(See 4 letters), but according to recent news and a GS thread, we are getting BOTH Halos this year. Confirmed.

This is a 5050 split between exciting and worrying because we are getting a remake with high graphical features, and probably extras, along with a brand new Halo experience that is said to be double the size of Halo 4's and the fact they "say" it addresses all the fan concerns in 4

What do you thin? You think MS should hold off their guns, or release one good gun and release the other gun later after they make sure it shoots correctly and can at least fire mags?

#1 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Is Halo 5 really coming out this year? Guesses from both sides are welcome.

#2 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@muffin2020 said:

Is Halo 5 really coming out this year? Guesses from both sides are welcome.

It's been confirmed apparently so...

#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2455 posts) -

Yes. Xbox One has crazy FPS years.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (30277 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yes. Xbox One has crazy FPS years.

A multiplat,a remake and Halo 5

Woah

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (8679 posts) -

Halo as a whole was manufactured by the media and Microsoft working in coordination to promote the concept of playing FPS on a control pad. As a series and as each singular title, it has always been vastly inferior to pc centric fps.

#6 Posted by silversix_ (14638 posts) -

You will never see two console Halo titles in one year, the same goes to Nintendo and two Zelda in a year. Halo 2: 1080p Rehash Edition is for this year and Halo 5 is for Q4 2015.

#7 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8817 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Halo as a whole was manufactured by the media and Microsoft working in coordination to promote the concept of playing FPS on a control pad. As a series and as each singular title, it has always been vastly inferior to pc centric fps.

My friend, I beg to differ. Halo offers semi-sandbox gameplay, vehicular combat, greatly adapting AI and punishing difficulty. It also rewards true skill over pattern repetition in multiplayer.

#8 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yes. Xbox One has crazy FPS years.

A multiplat,a remake and Halo 5

Woah

You need 5 people to hold all those games.

#9 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

I doubt it.

Halo 5's likely coming next year; but Halo2A could launch anytime this year. E3's gonna be sick.

#10 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Halo 5 will flop.

#11 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Halo as a whole was manufactured by the media and Microsoft working in coordination to promote the concept of playing FPS on a control pad. As a series and as each singular title, it has always been vastly inferior to pc centric fps.

What does this have to do with anything?

#12 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9477 posts) -

Nothing new. Xbox has always relied heavily on Halo.

#13 Posted by Big_Pecks (5317 posts) -

What the hell is the point of releasing both? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't share the same online communities, do they? Unlike Pokemon, where a new entry and a remake can coincide with each other, these seem to be detrimental.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16614 posts) -

Nobody is surprised that Xbone would get lots of Halo.

#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

I doubt it. Still, both would be great. I loved Halo Anniversary, and I enjoyed Halo 4.

#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

Time to get an Xbox One.

#17 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@Big_Pecks said:

What the hell is the point of releasing both? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't share the same online communities, do they? Unlike Pokemon, where a new entry and a remake can coincide with each other, these seem to be detrimental.

What are you talking about? Why would they have the same online?

#18 Posted by Snowywonders (32 posts) -

I'll likely buy an xbone if halo 2 anniversary has online multiplayer and if the game plays exactly the same as the original.

And regarding Halo 5, my expectations for that game are as low as expectations can possibly get.

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (40640 posts) -

I hope H2:A is on Xbox360.

#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7167 posts) -

I welcome 343 Industries to blow me away again.

#21 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Time to get an Xbox One.

And some Xbox Live

#22 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Time to get an Xbox One.

And some Xbox Live

I don't think so.

#23 Posted by bobbetybob (19279 posts) -
@TigerSuperman said:

@Big_Pecks said:

What the hell is the point of releasing both? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't share the same online communities, do they? Unlike Pokemon, where a new entry and a remake can coincide with each other, these seem to be detrimental.

What are you talking about? Why would they have the same online?

He's saying what's the point in releasing two Halo games when that's just going to split the community.

The only way I can see both coming out is if Halo 2 Anniversary is just for the 360.

#24 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3781 posts) -

I see MS intends for their console to remain the shooterbox.

#25 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

Yeah, no. 2015 is best for part 5. An extra year in development, staving off the franchise fatigue (somewhat) and Halo fans still get something this year with H2: A. Win win.

#26 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

You will never see two console Halo titles in one year, the same goes to Nintendo and two Zelda in a year. Halo 2: 1080p Rehash Edition is for this year and Halo 5 is for Q4 2015.

This.

This is what I've said before and this is what I came to say. Thanks for the time saver.

#27 Posted by Heil68 (44658 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Yeah, no. 2015 is best for part 5. An extra year in development, staving off the franchise fatigue (somewhat) and Halo fans still get something this year with H2: A. Win win.

I hope so, just for the fact they get it right.Halo 4 was good, just not great. I want Halo 5 to be great.

#28 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

If you think Microsoft is going to release two Halo games in a single year, you are a crazy person.

Halo 2 HD will drop this year, and Halo 5 will drop next year. Whether or not we'll need it after the second coming of Halo 2's MP is up in the air, but hey.

#29 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@TigerSuperman said:

@Big_Pecks said:

What the hell is the point of releasing both? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't share the same online communities, do they? Unlike Pokemon, where a new entry and a remake can coincide with each other, these seem to be detrimental.

What are you talking about? Why would they have the same online?

He's saying what's the point in releasing two Halo games when that's just going to split the community.

The only way I can see both coming out is if Halo 2 Anniversary is just for the 360.

How is that going to split the community? Heck, it would probably be a good idea to offer deals for getting both games.

@DarkLink77 said:

If you think Microsoft is going to release two Halo games in a single year, you are a crazy person.

Halo 2 HD will drop this year, and Halo 5 will drop next year. Whether or not we'll need it after the second coming of Halo 2's MP is up in the air, but hey.

Yet almost all news between both games talks about this year. Halo 4 came out in 2012 didn't it?

#30 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

no one knows.

BUT best rumour i have heard so far is Halo 2 this year. Take the MP back to the basics before halo reach because where halo started to decline. While living off the old school halo take halo 5 back to that and start building up again

#31 Posted by Spartan070 (16352 posts) -

Best option: Release Halo 2 Anny in August and include an invitation to the Halo 5 Beta with every purchase.

#32 Posted by rell84 (232 posts) -

Microsoft will rush halo out too much pressure coming from dat ps4 titanfall can't even slow it down

#33 Edited by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

Halo 2: Anniversary is coming Novemeber 9 this year and Halo 5 is releasing next year, most likely in Novemeber 2015.

#34 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

If Halo 5 and H2A come out… Guess we can say Xbox won?

#35 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6108 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Yeah, no. 2015 is best for part 5. An extra year in development, staving off the franchise fatigue (somewhat) and Halo fans still get something this year with H2: A. Win win.

Yeah agreed.

#36 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Microsoft is now the king of rehashes.

#37 Posted by mariokart64fan (19510 posts) -

lol sony and ms are kings of rehashes, on ps3 you had ps2 collections , on 360 you had ports of n64-xbox original games,

#38 Posted by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

Microsoft is now the king of rehashes.

Yes, unlike that darn sony who just released a sixth Gran Turismo, a 4th Killzone, a third Infamous, and is planning a 4th Uncharted. Not to mention those HD collections, including 2 God of War HD collections

#39 Posted by getyeryayasout (7533 posts) -

MS is ramping things up from Halo/Gears/Forza, to Halo, Halo/Gears, Gears/Forza, Forza! Twice as good!

#40 Posted by Netret0120 (2160 posts) -

Halo

Forza

Gears

Repeat.

At least Sony makes a new IP once in awhile like TLOU

#41 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

No Halo 5 this year. I really wouldn't get your hopes up for it if I were you, trust me.

Halo 2 Anniversary should be cool though.

#42 Posted by lostrib (37036 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

No Halo 5 this year. I really wouldn't get your hopes up for it if I were you, trust me.

Halo 2 Anniversary should be cool though.

Please provide proof

#43 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@mariokart64fan said:

lol sony and ms are kings of rehashes, on ps3 you had ps2 collections , on 360 you had ports of n64-xbox original games,

Nintendo doesn't the talent to make great new IPs so I don't count their rehashes as it is expected.

#44 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@theshensolidus said:

No Halo 5 this year. I really wouldn't get your hopes up for it if I were you, trust me.

Halo 2 Anniversary should be cool though.

Please provide proof

Halo 2 Anniversary is all the evidence a reasonable person needs to conclude Halo 5 won't release in 2014. They are not releasing two major Halo games this Fall.

#45 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

I hear H2A will be out this year, but H5 is next year, I don't think they'll release two Halo games in the same year.

I liked Halo: CE, and Halo 2 on PC, I would like to play H2A and H5 on XBOne, but there's no way I'm paying $500 or even $400 for that.

$350 plus a free game and we have a deal.

#46 Edited by sukraj (22826 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yes. Xbox One has crazy FPS years.

yes I cant wait for halo 5 its gunna be epic.

#47 Edited by SecretPolice (22071 posts) -

Halo 2A November 2014, Halo 5 November 2015 since new Halos seem to launch about every three years, that's the facts Jack but know, I shall not provide a linky. :P

#48 Posted by Draign (793 posts) -

The Flood was the reason I fell in love with Halo. They need to bring the Flood back!