So Final Fantasy X-3?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (25297 posts) -

For those who dont know the recently released FFX & FFX-2 Remaster had a sequel ish audio episode to represent a whole new adventure for for the characters and episode ended with a huge Gliffhanger..

In a few interviews with SE they said they arent working on FFX-3 right now but never said it will never happen.

Should they make FFX-3?

for those who beat both FFX and FFX-2 the sequel is in this half hour video listen and enjoy:

NOW after listening to the audio i gotta say i am not sure where this is going, a lot of things were pretty wrong especially things between Tidus and Yuna but HEY Finally someone calls Tidus by his name! Yuna dumping Tidus? really now Square Enix? whats going on here?

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -

Didn't they make a comic or a graphic novel?

Because of that, I doubt it.

#3 Edited by finalstar2007 (25297 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Didn't they make a comic or a graphic novel?

Because of that, I doubt it.

Did the novel have the same story as presented in the audio sequel? if not then this audio is a huge hint ( could be that they are testing the waters )

#4 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -

I have no idea about Final Fantasy lol

#5 Posted by Slashkice (13239 posts) -

I read the plot summary for the novel they released. It's incredibly stupid.

Which is too bad since Nomura's designs for an older Yuna and Tidus are great. :>

#6 Posted by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

They should make a final game called Fantasy Final and put a lid on this series already. Dat milkage.

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14453 posts) -

Please no, enough direct sequels.

Square's at it's best when it's working fresh material. Just don't let that fucker Motomu Toriyama run the game into the ground.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23046 posts) -

I feel bad for Tidus , I hate that annoying prick but GD he got fraked over big time and it ruined the whole love story. Not to mention how much I hate Yuna now...thanks SE.

#9 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11418 posts) -

I'd rather not. They should just work on completely new stuff.

#10 Edited by finalstar2007 (25297 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I feel bad for Tidus , I hate that annoying prick but GD he got fraked over big time and it ruined the whole love story. Not to mention how much I hate Yuna now...thanks SE.

LOL ikr but seeing how her and that other summoner suddenly had a change of hearts must mean something is effecting them and made them do those things/say things.

#11 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23597 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:
Should they make FFX-3?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110059/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

#12 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -

FFXV looks like a breath of fresh air for the series. I don't want a direct sequel to a game that heralded the series' downward spiral. But if Square is committed to reviving their past games, they could try delivering what people really want: a 3D remake of Super Mario RPG

#13 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

No... Tidus was a terrible main character. Yuna was blah, infact the entire cast was. the original story was crap as it was... FFX-2 was just utter tripe.

Fun gameplay... poor everything else. FFX ... like FF13 ... should of stopped at the first.

#14 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

No. The series has only gotten worse since X. I haven't really enjoyed a FF since IX. It's a shame really.

#15 Edited by charizard1605 (58223 posts) -

God, I hope not.

#16 Edited by ChronosChris (298 posts) -

Just had the displeasure of listening to all 30 minutes of that. The voice acting was horrendous, the story was absurd and complete butchery of FFX's plot, and the new characters it introduced where stupid. Also did Yuna just dump Tidus?! lol WTF?!

If there ever is a FFX-3, hopefully it has nothing to do with that bonus audio or better yet don't even release FFX-3 at all because it's clear to me that the people at square-enix don't know how to write good stories anymore. I think fanfic writers can pull off better plots than SE could cause that was just bad.

#17 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

They would ruin it. probably find some way to shoehorn Lightning into the universe

#18 Posted by Seabas989 (10401 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

God, I hope not.

^This.

#19 Posted by GreySeal9 (24468 posts) -

A sequel to a FF game more than a decade old is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (40951 posts) -

I'm quite interested in seeing how their laughs have evolved, so sign me up.

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (43540 posts) -

God no. FFX-2 was not good... Apart from a few things they improved. They should stick to the main series, and their strategy titles.

#22 Posted by da_illest101 (7524 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

God no. FFX-2 was not good... Apart from a few things they improved. They should stick to the main series, and their strategy titles.

I agree. the story of FFX-2 was so bad that it made me hate Yuna, which was my second favorite character from X.

#23 Posted by Ballroompirate (23046 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

LOL ikr but seeing how her and that other summoner suddenly had a change of hearts must mean something is effecting them and made them do those things/say things.

Knowing SE, they intended to do it with their shyt writing of late.

#25 Posted by lundy86_4 (43540 posts) -

@da_illest101 said:

I agree. the story of FFX-2 was so bad that it made me hate Yuna, which was my second favorite character from X.

Luckily, I can't remember it. I'mma play it through again in the HD version, but I feel that I may regret that decision.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (9630 posts) -

I've had enough of Meg Ryan and his daddy issues for one lifetime. It's time to move on.

#27 Posted by jsmoke03 (12924 posts) -

would be nice but im not really sure if its worth it since i havent finished x-2

#28 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34159 posts) -

How about no? We really don't need FFX-3: Yuna Returns.

#29 Posted by da_illest101 (7524 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@da_illest101 said:

Luckily, I can't remember it. I'mma play it through again in the HD version, but I feel that I may regret that decision.

Oh you will regret it lol. At least the gameplay was good

#30 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

I don't see where it has room to go. I mean, from a certain perspective X-2 made sense. X ended with the big bad monster that was keeping everybody down killed, so the sequel got to show a post-big bad monster world. And then X-2's 100% ending had Yuna reunited with Tidus, giving that a little happy ending with a bow.

I'm not saying that X-2 was good (haven't actually played it), but there was at least room for a sequel in the first place with room to explore. Where's there left to go in X-3?

#31 Edited by Basinboy (11240 posts) -

Unless S-E can completely erase the goings-on that transpired in FFX-2, no thank you.

But, giving credit where it's due, Spira is one of the more creative and interesting worlds in FF lore.

#32 Posted by blamix99 (2058 posts) -

if there is a FFX-3 i want it to be in a new world or like the old Zanarkand not in Spira. Spira is to small for a Gen 8 game

#33 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

If there is FFX-3, it should be a prequel on how Sin originated. I wouldn't mind playing Tidus's dad Jecht and Yuna's dad journey to fight sin and have the main protagonist be a younger Auron, but for the love of humanity make it fresh and original.

#34 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

They made this based on a light novel right?

Spoilers about light novel

They didn't put this scene in about tidus exploding and Yuna reviving him did they?

#35 Posted by blamix99 (2058 posts) -

at 30.02 is that the new look of Tidus and Yuna in X-3?

#36 Edited by Slashkice (13239 posts) -
@shadowchronicle said:

They made this based on a light novel right?

Spoilers about light novel

They didn't put this scene in about tidus exploding and Yuna reviving him did they?

The audio drama is a sequel to the light novel, not an adaptation. So "that" still happened, and it's why Yuna is acting differently.

#37 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Fuck no.

#38 Posted by Netret0120 (2206 posts) -

HELL NO!!!!!!

FFX was amazing. Please leave its legacy intact.

#39 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72401 posts) -

i love FFX, i haven't touched X-2 yet. But i am torn on it. I love those games, but not at the expense of milking it

#40 Posted by Lionheart08 (15436 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

i love FFX, i haven't touched X-2 yet. But i am torn on it. I love those games, but not at the expense of milking it

You'll have mixed feelings about X-2 then when you play it.

#41 Posted by Gue1 (10212 posts) -

please god don't let this happen. -___-

#42 Edited by Gue1 (10212 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

you done good. Just imagine that FFX-2 doesn't exist. If the HD remaster games were on separate discs I would throw FFX-2 to the trash because that's where it belongs.

#43 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72401 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

you done good. Just imagine that FFX-2 doesn't exist. If the HD remaster games were on separate discs I would throw FFX-2 to the trash because that's where it belongs.

I want to try it out though

#44 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -

never happens

#45 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2767 posts) -

lmao the light novel is absolutely fucking hilarious. It's like fan fiction written by some 15 year old on deviantart or something.

And this audio story is just as messed up as well. Total slaughter brah, total slaughter.

#46 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

Direct sequels brought us X-2. Great gameplay, terribad everything else.

So no, we don't need an X-3.

#47 Edited by Wanderer5 (25722 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

I read the plot summary for the novel they released. It's incredibly stupid.

Which is too bad since Nomura's designs for an older Yuna and Tidus are great. :>

Huh? What are these designs? Can't seem to find them.

Nevermind found them, wow they do look great.

#48 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29392 posts) -

No X-2 gave the good ending to the story and there's no need for any more continuation to that series.

#49 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29392 posts) -
@xWoW_Rougex said:

lmao the light novel is absolutely fucking hilarious. It's like fan fiction written by some 15 year old on deviantart or something.

And this audio story is just as messed up as well. Total slaughter brah, total slaughter.

Isn't the LN actually based heavily on a fanfic? That's what I've heard at least.

#50 Posted by Wanderer5 (25722 posts) -

*finds some of the plot summary of the light novel* The hell is this? Is this really official? And in the audio whatever it is, Yuna dumps Tidus? I... I feel confuse and confounded.