So did Xbox 360 win last gen?

#1 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1524 posts) -

I had the most fun with the 360 last gen, it had that console'y vibe to it. A lot of of the best games like halo, gears of war, left 4 dead, crackdown, alan wake and most of the multi plats looked and ran better on the 360.

What is it about some consoles that give it that magical feel to them? The SNES had it, the Dreamcast had it, the PS2 had it, and the 360 did as well.

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5398 posts) -

Wii did.

#3 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1524 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Wii did.

Sales yes, but as soon as people saw what the HD twins can do the Wii died.

#4 Posted by lostrib (35891 posts) -

I had the most fun with the 360 last gen, it had that console'y vibe to it. A lot of of the best games like halo, gears of war, left 4 dead, crackdown, alan wake and most of the multi plats looked and ran better on the 360.

What is it about some consoles that give it that magical feel to them? The SNES had it, the Dreamcast had it, the PS2 had it, and the 360 did as well.

Lol, l4d and alan wake were multiplat. As was the first gears of war

#5 Posted by drummerdave9099 (683 posts) -

It didn't win in sales or diversity of exclusives, it did win best controller and best online though

#6 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1524 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

yea but they live on xbox, pc isn't fun.

#7 Posted by legendofsense (63 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

This topic isn't fun.

#8 Posted by aroxx_ab (9497 posts) -

Ps3 won but 360 was kinda leading the first half of the gen tho

#9 Posted by lostrib (35891 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

#10 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1524 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

u mad lol.

#11 Edited by lostrib (35891 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

u mad lol.

Why would I be mad?

I mean, really? you're gonna claim that l4d lives on xbox? That's a joke right?

#12 Posted by FastRobby (1497 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

u mad lol.

Why would I be mad?

I mean, really? you're gonna claim that l4d lives on xbox? That's a joke right?

More fun to play on a couch, on a big TV with friends, than alone behind a computer

#13 Edited by lostrib (35891 posts) -

@FastRobby: cool story bro. But comparing the support and community of L4D on PC vs Xbox, it's pretty obvious L4D is home on PC. It is a valve game afterall

#14 Posted by lamprey263 (23548 posts) -

they won what one might call a moral victory

#15 Posted by santoron (7718 posts) -

Wii's story is in the books, but they're still selling PS3s and 360s, and still making games. It'll be a couple more years before an official winner is crowned for library or for sales.

#16 Edited by FastRobby (1497 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FastRobby: cool story bro. But comparing the support and community of L4D on PC vs Xbox, it's pretty obvious L4D is home on PC. It is a valve game afterall

So? It was about the feeling of playing the game, not about support and community... Also that "feeling" is personal, if he found it to be the best experience on Xbox, then that is his opinion...

#17 Edited by inb4uall (5469 posts) -
#18 Edited by DA1M0Z (33 posts) -

Wii had both sales and games.

Playstation 3 had games.

Xbox 360 had what?

#19 Edited by funkmaster1233 (164 posts) -

As someone that has played all three of last gens consoles extensively I would have to say 360 was the best. It had the best controller, best online and best multiplats. It also had a ton of great exclusives that most of this board have probably never even heard of as they are too far up Sony's ass. I would probably rate the PS3 ever so slightly below the 360 in the exclusive department purely because of how good 2013 was but between 2005 - 2009 the 360 had so many great games that the PS3 couldn't quite catch up in the long run. Both were amazing consoles though and if you only owned one of them then you missed out big time. Another thing I will say is that the Playstation consoles always age better because of how little Sony cares about online gaming.

#20 Posted by lostrib (35891 posts) -

@FastRobby: all he said was that they live on Xbox, rather than pc, which in the case of L4D is obviously false

#21 Posted by FastRobby (1497 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FastRobby: all he said was that they live on Xbox, rather than pc, which in the case of L4D is obviously false

The game lives on Xbox, not people... The game pops out on Xbox he means (I think), if he means that more people play it on Xbox, he is probably wrong.

#22 Posted by lostrib (35891 posts) -

@FastRobby: pops out? What does that even mean?

It's valve game, it of course lives on PC.

#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11657 posts) -

The Wii won.......

Also this is terrible bait.

#24 Posted by Netret0120 (2086 posts) -

Wii>>>PS3>>>360 in sales

PS360>>>Wii in performance

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii in exclusives

Wii>>>>>>> 360>>>>PS3 in price

#25 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

The Wii won sales.

The 360 won in overall library (yes, the hated multiplats that apparently no one plays) and online.

The PS3 won in media features and exclusives (yes, I think PS3 has overtaken Wii in that race)

#26 Edited by SolidTy (42822 posts) -

The war is not over, but it is coming to a close.

Millions still have yet to make the next gen jump.

#27 Edited by FastRobby (1497 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FastRobby: pops out? What does that even mean?

It's valve game, it of course lives on PC.

The best experience on Xbox

#28 Posted by MirkoS77 (7338 posts) -

As someone that has played all three of last gens consoles extensively I would have to say 360 was the best. It had the best controller, best online and best multiplats. It also had a ton of great exclusives that most of this board have probably never even heard of as they are too far up Sony's ass. I would probably rate the PS3 ever so slightly below the 360 in the exclusive department purely because of how good 2013 was but between 2005 - 2009 the 360 had so many great games that the PS3 couldn't quite catch up in the long run. Both were amazing consoles though and if you only owned one of them then you missed out big time. Another thing I will say is that the Playstation consoles always age better because of how little Sony cares about online gaming.

Yea I'd have to agree with this. I played mostly all last-gen MPs on the 360. It was better in mostly every respect, except its online really took a dump later on with too many ads. I also wish they'd never gotten rid of the blades in the OS.

#29 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25652 posts) -

The winner is the one no one cared about after 2010 and has the worst library and isn't selling anymore. I'm not being facetious, which is rare for me, just saying gen 7 was a total anomaly.

#30 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7924 posts) -

You just angered PS fans.

Anyway, I agree. X360 was the superior / most entertaining console last gen.

This gen seems to be the PS4. Although nothing special about it so far. But I have hopes.

#31 Posted by Heirren (16870 posts) -

Nope, the 360 was a train wreck. MS positioned themselves much better than Sony did and things just fell apart over the course of the gen. Even moreso than Nintendo. People will say wii won the gen because of sales but you've go to look at it more in depth than that--the wii hurt Nintendo as a brand, something they have publicly stated.

#32 Posted by Suppaman100 (3863 posts) -

PS3 won of course. It was the best console.

Wii only won in sales that's it. They had some great exclusives but almost no multiplats and of course it was weak. But nintendo was lucky that it could catch the casual's attention.

360 had a pathetic exlusive library and even with a year head start it couldn't win from PS3, sales are even between the HD consoles.

#33 Edited by TheFlush (5539 posts) -

Although I enjoyed my 360, I enjoyed my PS3 way more. It simply had more games that catered to my personal taste.

#34 Edited by trugs26 (5398 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Wii did.

Then we just get into a pointless subjective debate. I also preferred Wii in terms of quality. Now what?

#35 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@trugs26 said:

Wii did.

Then we just get into a pointless subjective debate. I also preferred Wii in terms of quality. Now what?

It's early death, early shutoff of it's online, lowest amount of 3rd party support, weakest hardware, SD graphics, no surround sound, few media features, tiny on board memory would be other objective ways it failed.

I personally hope the PS3 outsells it eventually. Sony's turnaround was very impressive and the awesome things they were doing while NIntendo left to Wii to do make them worthy gen 7 winners imo.

#36 Posted by Suppaman100 (3863 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@trugs26 said:

Wii did.

It's early death, early shutoff of it's online, lowest amount of 3rd party support, weakest hardware, SD graphics, no surround sound, few media features, tiny on board memory would be other objective ways it failed.

I personally hope the PS3 outsells it eventually. Sony's turnaround was very impressive and the awesome things they were doing while NIntendo left to Wii to do make them worthy gen 7 winners imo.

I doubt that will happen though. It's still 20 mil behind.

#37 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

The PS1 and PS2 actually kept selling after their successors came out. Sony has a great track record of supporting their consoles and keeping them going in games and sales even after a new console generation begins. A very nice contrast to the early deaths of Xbox, Gamecube and Wii. It might have a shot at it!

#38 Edited by PAL360 (26833 posts) -

Sales: Wii >>> PS3 > 360

Hardware: 360 > PS3 >>> Wii

Exclusives: PS3 > Wii >>> 360

Library: 360 > PS3 >>> Wii

Media: PS3 > 360 >>> Wii

Overall, i would say 360 > PS3 >>> Wii

#39 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6798 posts) -

According to P2M the 360 was the best console last gen. Sales was a different story, who knows but it gets my vote!

#40 Posted by delta3074 (18104 posts) -

the wii did but technically last generation isn't over yet as both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are being produced and sold.

#41 Posted by delta3074 (18104 posts) -
@PAL360 said:

The wii won in high scoring exclusives as well dude.

#42 Edited by delta3074 (18104 posts) -

The Ps3 reached 80 million in November last year so the gap is probably smaller than 20 mil now, i believe the PS3 still has a shot at finishing as the most sold console of the 7th generation.

#43 Edited by Gue1 (9782 posts) -

PS3 still having a couple of exclusives between this year and the next one. Meanwhile Wii died like 4 years ago and the 360 died when Kinect came out.

#44 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3543 posts) -

Wii won. Had both quality and quantity.

#45 Posted by ProjectPat187 (1977 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Ps3 won but 360 was kinda leading the first half of the gen tho

The PS3 did not win last gen.

#46 Posted by PAL360 (26833 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

Thats my personal opinion. Mario Galaxy 2 was my favourite exclusive of any system last gen, but PS3 had more diversity and genres i like.

#47 Edited by Vatusus (4597 posts) -

LOL

are you serious? The X360 didnt won either in sales or in games so how exactly did it win last gen? You may have prefered it but thats only your subjective opinion. When it comes to presentual facts the X360 won shit

#48 Posted by delta3074 (18104 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

@delta3074 said:
@PAL360 said:

Thats my personal opinion. Mario Galaxy 2 was my favourite exclusive of any system last gen, but PS3 had more diversity and genres i like.

Sorry dude, my bad , didn't realise it was a personal opinion, in that case i agree with what you are saying:)

#49 Posted by PAL360 (26833 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

LOL

are you serious? The X360 didnt won either in sales or in games so how exactly did it win last gen? You may have prefered it but thats only your subjective opinion. When it comes to presentual facts the X360 won shit

So, doesn't the fact 360 had alot more quality games, slightly better graphics and performance and a better online service count?

#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7439 posts) -

PS3 won of course. It was the best console.

Wii only won in sales that's it. They had some great exclusives but almost no multiplats and of course it was weak. But nintendo was lucky that it could catch the casual's attention.

360 had a pathetic exlusive library and even with a year head start it couldn't win from PS3, sales are even between the HD consoles.

Stay mad cow.