So did anyone who s**t on the PS Vita actually play one

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

................cause i just got mine and its an amazing system!!!!

Been loving Hotline Miami and looking forward to some Killzone Mercenary.

With so many cross-play titles available its great value and when PS4 arrives its gonna be even better.

Everyone told me it had no games too,but I'm finding so many I'm gonna have to upgrade my memory card.

Thankyou Sony!!!!!!!!!!!

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

"So many games I need a new Memory Card" (Proceeds to list two games he's interested in) Not to mention you can get Hotline Miami on a ton of other systems.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Seriously, I haven't bought a game for my Vita for over five months. There isn't anything enticing on it except older PSP JRPG games. And Publishers refuse to localize Japanese RPGs, so they are killing the system themselves.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I've been wanting it to play MLB The Show. Also the updated binding of isaac. Don't care about anything else on the system so that's why I chose 3DS.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I just didn't think it was that great compared to the PSP.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

<---

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

@TwistedShade:

Well,I could list all the games I'm getting but I don't need to justify my purchase to you.

You sound salty as f**k that I'm enjoying my system so much.........thats wierd,lol

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I own one and I'm disappointed in the system, and haven't bought a game for it in forever, other that the occasional PSP game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bbkkristian

@Bigboi500: for real. The only game I'm looking forward to on it is FFX remaster. Isn't that terrible? And I could get it on PS3 as well. I fail to see future in it. The only reason why I keep the system is because it has Persona 4 Golden.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xaero_Gravity

@Bigboi500 said:

I own one and I'm disappointed in the system, and haven't bought a game for it in forever, other that the occasional PSP game.

I haven't bought a Vita game since Soul Sacrifice, and I don't see myself buying another until Ys: Memories of Celceta is released. Such wasted potential. :(

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Mercenary will be $19.99 for Black Friday at Gamestop

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I haven't bought a Vita game since Soul Sacrifice, and I don't see myself buying another until Ys: Memories of Celceta is released. Such wasted potential. :(

I'm getting that and Tearaway, but damn, Sony, give us some more quality Vita games.

@bbkkristian Same here, I've contemplated trading it, but I just can't do it because of P4G. I'm getting FFX & X-2 HD on PS3.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bbkkristian

@Xaero_Gravity: forgot about that game. Yup, it will be my first vita game in months, but my hype is not very high for it, so I may pass on it if I'm lacking funds.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The problem with the Vita was the lack of system selling games and its overall expense (expensive handheld+expensive memory cards)

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xaero_Gravity
@bbkkristian said:

@Xaero_Gravity: forgot about that game. Yup, it will be my first vita game in months, but my hype is not very high for it, so I may pass on it if I'm lacking funds.

Soul Sacrifice can be pretty fun with friends, so if you have people to play with and like Monster Hunter type games it might be worth checking out. Sucks that the demo was only available for a limited time.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I've played it a few times at Best Buy. Wasn't impressed and there aren't enough good games to justify buying one yet.

Kuma_Nur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kuma_Nur
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

I love my Vita, so far I have Kill Zone Merc, and buying the latest Mortal Kombat game on the Vita was a great purchase, everything the game had to offer plus all the DLC for 20 bucks? it was an easy sell, I also Play Jet Pack Joyride and Montezuma Treasure Blitz ((I think that's what it's called) those are two free to play games, really simple and really fun ((For me at least lol)) the only thing I would like to see is more RPG's in the future ((Which i'm certain will come with time)) and a Hockey Game.

Is there a reason there's been no Hockey Games released for the Vita yet?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Haven't seen anything on it that I really want to play so "shit and not play" is all I got.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

It's a better console than 3DS.

However, it doesn't have enough games.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

I'd stick with my PSP, haven't finished collecting for it yet.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

If I had money I'd have bought one already. But I have too much debt and medical bills to be able to. Getting old sucks arse.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

@bbkkristian
said:

Seriously, I haven't bought a game for my Vita for over five months. There isn't anything enticing on it except older PSP JRPG games. And Publishers refuse to localize Japanese RPGs, so they are killing the system themselves.

Yeah, with all the JRPG's the PSP got, I figured that would transition with the Vita. Now it's to the point where I don't want JRPG's, I want Vita games, period.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

It's got a lot of multiplat games.

Not reason enough for me to buy it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I own one, I have played it.

Its issues still stand.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

The hardware itself is very good but the software support for it is not very impressive to be frank.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Is it really that surprising that you're enthusiastic about it when you just dropped hundreds of dollars on one?

Sony clearly learned nothing with the PSP. (Most) people do not want to spend huge money on a portable that just plays inferior versions of the games they already own on their console. Nintendo clearly understand this and try to make the DS a unique experience compared to console games, but Sony have been treading out the same philosophy over and over again of just mimicking traditional console games on a stupidly high-end handheld in the hope that people will think WOW DA GRAPHICS!

Graphics cannot assist the fact that you're playing Uncharted exactly as it was on the PS3, only shittier, and Killzone exactly as it was on the PS3, only shittier, and Assassins Creed exactly as it is on the consoles, only shittier, and Call of Duty exactly as it is on consoles, only shittier etc etc etc etc....

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

I'll be getting the Link Between Worlds XL this November, wether or not the Vita goes still stands

What I'm looking forward to:

Fire Emblem Awakening

Bravely Default

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Kid Icarus Uprising

Project X Zone

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Code of Princess

Attack on Titan

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

and Liberation Maiden

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Great system. I'm 82 games (34 are imports) strong with my Vita library and have 10 on pre-order from Japan. Most people who talk **** about the Vita haven't played one or did the stupid thing of buying one without waiting to see how it would turn out. I will admit that the Vita is lacking outside of Japan but that doesn't affect me so, don't care.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bbkkristian

@Ninja-Hippo: well said Ninja Hippo

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

It's a great system... Just needs more games.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Have it. Still no games.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I would get one, I want to play one. But I look at the games and just don't see anything there for me.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

i remember when i got my vita. started gravity rush and the first thing to pop into my mind is "why is this not selling".

fantastic hardware for portable gaming and it does have some great games.

but after a while you will catch up with the backlog and then start to look ahead and when you do its going to sink in.....sony dont regard the vita in the same way its owners do. there is tearaway and....thats it in terms of games made for the vita coming this year. there are some multiplats also but you may decide to get those elsewhere if you are interested.

next year looks barren at the moment vita wise from sony. the closest we have to something to get excited about at the moment is gravity rush 2. it should be awesome but it may not even come next year.

i do hope you get many 100s of hours of enjoyment from it. i still use mine a lot (addicted to WRC 3 funny enough. very rough around the edges but i still like a rally game). it is a great system with some great games. support for the future is not encouraging though.

Kuma_Nur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kuma_Nur
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo:

Hiya Ninja, i'm not going to disrespect your opinion because you're entitled to it, but I've always felt like the Purpose of a portable/handheld system has been the portability, I don't think we're going to see a handheld any time soon that plays Triple A titles with the graphics of a console (Though as someone who was alive before Gameboy came out I can say graphics on handhelds have come a looooong way lol)

But when you talk about playing these games as games with "Shittier Graphics" you've gotta realize the advantage of a handheld has always been to be able to play these great titles in locations where you couldn't bring a console, Want to play Persona 4 during a car trip? Go for it....as long as you're not the one driving

Want to Play Mortal Kombat while you're taking a dump in the bathroom? You can! I'd just wait to pick the system back up till you wash your hands after you wipe ;]

Want to play baseball while waiting for your brother to get out of hockey practice while you're in your car? Through the power of Portable you can, that's the advantage of the Vita and "every other portable system out there", not to wow you with graphics but to be able to take your favorite games with you on the road.

You might argue about cost, which i'm more likely to agree with you on, I myself won't pay full price for handhelds when they come out because i'm not willing to pay that much for a portable system, feels like i'm spending too much, but when it hits a price point where i'm both capable and comfortable with my purchase then i'm definitely going for portable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@osan0 said:

started gravity rush and the first thing to pop into my mind is "why is this not selling".

Mine was: "Shit, these controls suck."

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

The Vita looks like it will be a really great $150 handheld... Cant wait for that.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It's pretty damn easy to shit on the system whether you've played it or not. Ultimately it comes down to "are you desperate to bash a piece of plastic that does that hobby you so love" or "holy shit, the Vita actually has a lot of flaws, library notwithstanding."

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@Kuma_Nur:

I never said they had shittier graphics. My whole point was that they have *excellent* graphics, but that cannot make up for the fact that they're just shittier versions of games you already own.

Killzone Mercenary is just Killzone on the PS3, but shitty. Fewer enemies, smaller environments, awkward aiming. It's literally just a really good looking, shitty version of a game you already enjoyed on a console. Same with 90% of games on the Vita and a lot of games on the PSP until developers seemed to make more creative experiences.

The DS is nothing like the Wii, xbox or playstation. It's not a portable version of a console, it is its own console with its own unique games and style of gameplay that you cannot get anywhere else, which is why it's so popular.

I look at the Vita and its huge price tag and all of its games on the shelves and cant help but think 'why the hell would anyone want to play a gimped, shitty version of Uncharted when you could just play the REAL uncharted?'

Portability is great, but even then Vita and PSP aren't exactly throw it in the rucksack devices. They're very delicate and temperamental, and I remember Sony PR laughing at the notion of someone playing PSP on the bus, and Ken Kutagari saying it was never expected to leave your house.

But shii-it, at the end of the day, play whatever the hell you want to play. Much like my PSP purchase though, I'd wager you look back on it with regret a year from now.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FlamesOfGrey

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Kuma_Nur:

I never said they had shittier graphics. My whole point was that they have *excellent* graphics, but that cannot make up for the fact that they're just shittier versions of games you already own.

Killzone Mercenary is just Killzone on the PS3, but shitty. Fewer enemies, smaller environments, awkward aiming. It's literally just a really good looking, shitty version of a game you already enjoyed on a console. Same with 90% of games on the Vita and a lot of games on the PSP until developers seemed to make more creative experiences.

The DS is nothing like the Wii, xbox or playstation. It's not a portable version of a console, it is its own console with its own unique games and style of gameplay that you cannot get anywhere else, which is why it's so popular.

I look at the Vita and its huge price tag and all of its games on the shelves and cant help but think 'why the hell would anyone want to play a gimped, shitty version of Uncharted when you could just play the REAL uncharted?'

Portability is great, but even then Vita and PSP aren't exactly throw it in the rucksack devices. They're very delicate and temperamental, and I remember Sony PR laughing at the notion of someone playing PSP on the bus, and Ken Kutagari saying it was never expected to leave your house.

But shii-it, at the end of the day, play whatever the hell you want to play. Much like my PSP purchase though, I'd wager you look back on it with regret a year from now.

Do you own a 3DS because I can easily destroy the argument that the 3DS has unique experiences you can't get anywhere else. In fact 90%-95% of 3DS aren't unique handheld experiences at all.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Kuma_Nur:

Killzone Mercenary is just Killzone on the PS3, but shitty. Fewer enemies, smaller environments, awkward aiming. It's literally just a really good looking, shitty version of a game you already enjoyed on a console.

*This isn't true at all, at least stay rational*

Same with 90% of games on the Vita and a lot of games on the PSP until developers seemed to make more creative experiences.

*Again, stay rational, otherwise what's the point of writing all the long paragraphs?*

*Because it's more Uncharted, it's a TPS on the go, it's made by Sony Bend who's made great TPS games I've loved in the past, and because I like video games along with other people*

I agree with you on most points, just some that I see that are funny.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#41 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Do you own a 3DS because I can easily destroy the argument that the 3DS has unique experiences you can't get anywhere else. In fact 90%-95% of 3DS aren't unique handheld experiences at all.

Pokemon. The new zelda game coming out. Kid Icarus. That's all I can think of off the top of my head that's unique to 3DS.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I haven't played one and don't care to play one until there are games for it that I wish to play.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

You can't play it if it has no games :P

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Own one.

Shat on the screen quality (MURA/crappy whites).. Returned 5 to Sony.

Now they released an LCD model. I was happy until I learnt it has piss yellow whites.

KZM only sold 41K in the US (NPD). Bomba.

Games are lacking, IMO.

We do get ports but none of them are of higher calibre like DA/ME/FO/ES/GTA/GoW3/A/DS/DaS/GTA. Not even spin-offs from these franchise.

Thankfully, there's PS+ and there will still be at least 1 PJD game coming out for it (really enjoy portable rhythm games).

Might have ditched the system if it weren't mainly for those two.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I would totally buy a PS Vita overnight for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YemiMC0twSQ

However, just like many other interesting Vita games it will probably never get localised. If importing games and learning Japanese are the prerequisites to enjoy a Vita, as appealing as those ideas sound, Vita is doomed to fail.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I have one, and I haven't given it as much love as I wish I could.

Once I get a big enough Memory Card I'm turning the sucker into a Final Fantasy and Persona Game machine.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FlamesOfGrey

@cain006 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Pokemon. The new zelda game coming out. Kid Icarus. That's all I can think of off the top of my head that's unique to 3DS.

Out of the 116 3DS games I own the only unique experiences on it are: Ace Attorney, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3, Etrian Odyssey, Inazuma Eleven, Kid Icarus, Labyrinth No Kanata, Pokemon, Professor Layton & Skylanders (3DS versions are different). That makes up about 9 games out of 116. I don't know where people get this 3DS is all original and unique gameplay fallacy from.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

Yep.. I owned mine for two weeks before selling it to a mate.
hated it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@osan0 said:

started gravity rush and the first thing to pop into my mind is "why is this not selling".

Mine was: "Shit, these controls suck."

that came later :P.

initally i didnt have much an issue with the controls but later in the game, when enemies are coming at you from everywhere, they certainly are a bit crap. put me right off finishing the game.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

This pretty much. The Vita doesn't have jack shit right now. Only Indie ports and HD remakes. Awful. I have only 2 PSVita exclusive titles of which Soul Sacrifice is just bad.