So can we all agree that Bioshock Infinite...

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Link3301 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Link3301 said:

@mems_1224 said: Infinite was incredible.

Please elaborate.

Whats there to elaborate on? It was a great game, unlike the first Bioshock.

But it didn't really do anyhting better than any other games, and way worse in other departments.

It had a great story, a great setting and great characters. If you go into a Bioshock game expecting good gameplay then you're doing it wrong.

If I play a game expecting good gameplay I'm doing it wrong? Ok.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Link3301 said:

@mems_1224: nope ME3 was far better than this game.

At what sucking and generally not making any sense?

No, it makes perfect sense, and the entire game not only foreshadows it, but brings up themes that come up big in the ending.

why are u still talking as if someone gives a flying fuk what you think?

Because, like I said earlier, he's insane. Im not saying that in a joking sort of way, I honestly think he has some sort of psychological disorder.

No, I just pay attention to the story.

And I have paid attention to Bioshock infinite, the depth just isn't there.

The story for the 3rd games was entirely rewritten and doesn't even coordinate with the first 2. It's almost like you took the first 2 chapters of a sci-fi and stuck a 3rd chapter from another random sci-fi and said done.

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

I really liked it, I thought it was a lot better than the 2ed one so yeah can't agree with you at all..

no, the second one is far better...why?

CONSISTENCY

Hell, Bioshock Infinite is what you get when you tell Bioshock 2 poorly. With worse characters, with a more ridiculous plot, and with more thematic confusion.

He can't be serious? Can he?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7105-BioShock-Infinite

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#103  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Link3301 said:

No, it makes perfect sense, and the entire game not only foreshadows it, but brings up themes that come up big in the ending.

Because, like I said earlier, he's insane. Im not saying that in a joking sort of way, I honestly think he has some sort of psychological disorder.

The story for the 3rd games was entirely rewritten and doesn't even coordinate with the first 2. It's almost like you took the first 2 chapters of a sci-fi and stuck a 3rd chapter from another random sci-fi and said done.

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

I really liked it, I thought it was a lot better than the 2ed one so yeah can't agree with you at all..

CONSISTENCY

Hell, Bioshock Infinite is what you get when you tell Bioshock 2 poorly. With worse characters, with a more ridiculous plot, and with more thematic confusion.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7105-BioShock-Infinite

No it wasn't, in fact the ending was planned for the most part (there was always going to be a AI on the Citadel). And ME3 definitely coordinates with the first two. I can pull many things from ME1 that come up HUGE in ME3, even from sidequests.

And Bioshock Infinite rips off Bioshock 2, its the same plot.

A evil extreme parent figure (Sofia Lamb, Comstock) with a philosophy (collectivism, religious right fundamentalism) tries to keep their daughter (Eleanor, Elizabeth) away from the protagonist parent figure (Delta, Booker), while having plans for their daughter to continue their legacy (become the determiner of the greater good, be the next prophet). The villain casts the protagonist as the one leading her astray and sets out to kill him.

Face it, really Bioshock Infinites plot is more like 2's, than not only 1's, but its closer to 2 than 2 is to 1.

But unlike Bioshock Infinite, the characters in Bioshock 2 have the depth they need and tie in to the theme (like Sofia Lamb being a collectivist because her father indoctrinated her into that philosophy, which fits Bioshock 2's theme of parenthood), the ending wraps every thing up thematically, the characters are three dimensional and rarely suffer from "motive decay", and the plot keeps things level and focused on the "pairbond", no going off into a tangent.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

I think Infinite is a great game. Like the gameplay, the story is ok and it has some replay value, enough for a FPS these days.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I enjoyed the shit outta it on pc, it looked gloriously. After beating the game i thought it was the best bioshock but now that time has passed i was kinda wrong. Bioshock 1 and even 2nd were better but that doesn't mean i fund Infinite bad or overrated. It was a great game and is one of the three or four titles i even enjoyed last year

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Link3301 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

CONSISTENCY

No it wasn't, in fact the ending was planned for the most part (there was always going to be a AI on the Citadel). And ME3 definitely coordinates with the first two. I can pull many things from ME1 that come up HUGE in ME3, even from sidequests.

A evil extreme parent figure (Sofia Lamb, Comstock) with a philosophy (collectivism, religious right fundamentalism) tries to keep their daughter (Eleanor, Elizabeth) away from the protagonist parent figure (Delta, Booker), while having plans for their daughter to continue their legacy (become the determiner of the greater good, be the next prophet). The villain casts the protagonist as the one leading her astray and sets out to kill him.

Face it, really Bioshock Infinites plot is more like 2's, than not only 1's, but its closer to 2 than 2 is to 1.

But unlike Bioshock Infinite, the characters in Bioshock 2 have the depth they need and tie in to the theme (like Sofia Lamb being a collectivist because her father indoctrinated her into that philosophy, which fits Bioshock 2's theme of parenthood), the ending wraps every thing up thematically, the characters are three dimensional and rarely suffer from "motive decay", and the plot keeps things level and focused on the "pairbond", no going off into a tangent.

Just so you know I only use this for the incredibly insane or tremendously stupid. Pick one.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Link3301 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

CONSISTENCY

Just so you know I only use this for the incredibly insane or tremendously stupid. Pick one.

i think both apply to texas

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

It's definitely my least favorite Bioshock game.

The progression of the plot just makes no sense to me (I understand the plot itself, just not the motivations behind the decisions of any of the characters), The setting is boring, vigors were just thrown in, characters are uninteresting, gameplay is meh, etc..

Not to say it deserves the 4 McShea gave it, I think a 7 would be reasonable.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#109  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly difficult to agree with "professional" reviewers these days. One day I agree with one, the next I think his opinion is BS, I just take reviews with a grain of salt these days and make my own decision based on all the info I have and my gut instinct. Game critics are becoming more and more like movie critics, they may rate a game high for its "artistic" merits, but forget that we buy games primarily to be entertained.

It's like some movie critics who watch hundreds of movies every year, because that's what they do for a living..they become really hard to impress......well they might destroy a movie because they saw 10 others like it, but what about the hard working man who goes on a date one night and just has a great time watching that same movie?....professional reviews don't mean much to me these days, though I certainly read them and have respect for many reviewers, I watch and I play what I want, I don't let others makes the decisions for me.....but I still use reviews as a guide among many other tools.

I really enjoyed Infinite but my favorite Bioshock is still the first one. Who cares if the game is overrated, and least they got one part right.....it's a great adventure worth experiencing.

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

Its not that bad but its definitely not that great, I'd give it a 6/10. Kind of feel like I wasted 10 hours playing it since it felt very mediocre gameplay wise with only good graphics going for it (played it on PC).

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 texasgoldrush

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Link3301 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Shielder7 said:

CONSISTENCY

So I am the dumb one when you are plain wrong....wow

Sorry, but you are just too stupid to defend your points.

And I am far from the only one who thinks Bioshock Infinite is grossly overrated.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

I think uncharted 3 has it beet. but yes it's up there as one of the most over rated games of 7th gen

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I played it for an hour and was bored to tears. It has sat on my shelf for almost a year now. I also think the first one was very overrated simply because it had a strong opening. After that the game got boring and the final boss/endings sucked.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Sword-Demon

@indigenous_euphoria said:

I think uncharted 3 has it beet. but yes it's up there as one of the most over rated games of 7th gen

I thought the general opinion was that Uncharted 3 was disappointing. or did you mean Uncharted 2?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ texasgoldrush

Count Me In ! :D

but you're one of the few who can formulate a reason for it being over rated..... A good reason I mean.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Burial at see showed me how much better the first 2 games were. The limited ammo, the fewer number of enemies, the atmosphere. Infinite and TW2 are my two biggest let downs in gaming the past generation.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@millerlight89: TW2 was not that bad. I think its short comings have more to do with technology.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By cooolio

@stuff238 said:

I played it for an hour and was bored to tears. It has sat on my shelf for almost a year now. I also think the first one was very overrated simply because it had a strong opening. After that the game got boring and the final boss/endings sucked.

The first Bioshock being overrated because of an opening is very ludicrous. Basically, you did not like the gameplay, but that does not mean that it is bad. The game offers strategy. There is no denying that. Some people like and see more depth in it than others.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 millerlight89

@cooolio said:

@millerlight89: TW2 was not that bad. I think its short comings have more to do with technology.

I never said it was bad, but a huge disappointment it was for me. It has nothing to do with the tech either. It has to do with their inability to do combat, make interesting quests the world was boring. The first open area was the best. Then the 3rd act..o my god.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I couldn't even finish Infinite. Just wasn't feeling that game at all.

BioShock (1) is pretty great, never played 2.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 cooolio

@millerlight89 said:

@cooolio said:

I never said it was bad, but a huge disappointment it was for me. It has nothing to do with the tech either. It has to do with their inability to do combat, make interesting quests the world was boring. The first open area was the best. Then the 3rd act..o my god.

I would say that the tech allowed them to not give us the big open world that they are giving us in TW3. I liked the side quest because I have never seen a game do side quests that weaved in to the story well with multiple choices. The open are in the 3rd Act was a waste because you had a lot going on and you were close to the final battles. I did not have a problem with the combat. Of course, on the second playthrough it gets boring just like all the other outdated combat systems at times. What were your problems with the combat.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 millerlight89

@cooolio said:

@millerlight89 said:

@cooolio said:

I would say that the tech allowed them to not give us the big open world that they are giving us in TW3. I liked the side quest because I have never seen a game do side quests that weaved in to the story well with multiple choices. The open are in the 3rd Act was a waste because you had a lot going on and you were close to the final battles. I did not have a problem with the combat. Of course, on the second playthrough it gets boring just like all the other outdated combat systems at times. What were your problems with the combat.

I find it buggy, boring, and the hit detection is off. I still don't think tech really held them back. The areas in the original felt bigger, yet not as detailed. They could have easily done bigger areas. I wasn't asking for open world, but at least bigger areas. It started as a PC game. The tech was there. The side quests were meh to me. Some good, some horrible. I also felt the dialogue was really rough. It felt almost robotic. Geralt it is the worst offender. I also find the main villian yawn inducing as well as most of the supporting cast.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 cooolio

Eh. The only thing i agree with about the combat is the boredom. There were not many enemy types and their attack patterns were not very complex. I would not expect them to give us super amazing combat so soon. They have learned from it and listened to fans. You do better by learning from your mistakes.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By millerlight89

@cooolio said:

Eh. The only thing i agree with about the combat is the boredom. There were not many enemy types and their attack patterns were not very complex. I would not expect them to give us super amazing combat so soon. They have learned from it and listened to fans. You do better by learning from your mistakes.

So soon? Why can't you get it right the first time? I mean they had the first game, it had bad combat. They should have learned from it. Then that guy released that combat update...that did nothing at all. I really do not think they have the talent to do it. They have had several oportunities. I'm looking forward to 3, but I know it will have complete crap combat. The world looks great so far, though.

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

I couldn't even finish Infinite. Just wasn't feeling that game at all.

BioShock (1) is pretty great, never played 2.

You should. I loved it. Many didn't like it back then because it was really more of the same. It has some new elements, like using plasmids and weapons at the same time, playing as a big daddy, and so forth. I actually like the areas more in 2 as well. You should try it man. It's cheap. I agree about Infinite. I actually am on my second playthrough, and I am enjoying it. However, it was such a let down. Too much combat when the combat was not that good in the first 2. It's pretty much the same gunplay. However, you didn't have wave after wave of enemies in the first 2. It has a touch of CoD in it. I really liked the city, but not enough exploring. I just loved the whole creepy atmosphere in Rapture. After playing Burial at Sea, it made me miss it. The DLC is more like the original game. Less ammo, less enemies, more nooks and crannies. I wish they would have made Burial at sea the main game. Have it take place during the start of when Rapture was falling apart. That way you could get the non hostile npcs in there as well. That's one thing I like about Infinite more. I like that not every NPC was coming after you. You had time to walk around and breath and take in the areas.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Infinite was a definite letdown. The story started off just fine with some nice themes being shown here and there, and then bam, ooo multiverse. I can still not understand the reasoning behind just having two guns, considering 1 and 2 allow you to much greater variety. Plasmids were an actual story component for 1 and 2, the Vigors were.... well they were just there, and somehow you were pretty much one of the few who decided to use them. The game looks great, and Columbia is a sight to see, but there are definitely a lot of holes in the overall game.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 millerlight89

@StrifeDelivery said:

Infinite was a definite letdown. The story started off just fine with some nice themes being shown here and there, and then bam, ooo multiverse. I can still not understand the reasoning behind just having two guns, considering 1 and 2 allow you to much greater variety. Plasmids were an actual story component for 1 and 2, the Vigors were.... well they were just there, and somehow you were pretty much one of the few who decided to use them. The game looks great, and Columbia is a sight to see, but there are definitely a lot of holes in the overall game.

2nd sentence, huge spoiler.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 texasgoldrush

@Sword-Demon said:

It's definitely my least favorite Bioshock game.

The progression of the plot just makes no sense to me (I understand the plot itself, just not the motivations behind the decisions of any of the characters), The setting is boring, vigors were just thrown in, characters are uninteresting, gameplay is meh, etc..

Not to say it deserves the 4 McShea gave it, I think a 7 would be reasonable.

Yes, this.

And the characters were such as a step down from the first, but especially the second game. Hell, its shocking to go from a game like Bioshock 2, where the characters motivations power the narrative, to Infinite, where the motivations of characters are muddled and decayed. Hell, all Fink, Slate, and Daisy really are for is to throw bad guys at you. Nevermind that Elizabeth's character development is so forced.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 cooolio

@millerlight89: Realistically, you cannot really expect them to create combat that is going to be everyone's ideal vision of it. They probably had a tone of ideas, but you cannot put every animation, sign idea, attack mechanics, etc. We have seen the rise of new games with new comnbat mechanics. Its not like TW2's combat could have been i the first one or at least not look right. I will just wait and see. It probably will not satisfy in the end, but who knows.

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By indigenous_euphoria

@Sword-Demon said:

I thought the general opinion was that Uncharted 3 was disappointing. or did you mean Uncharted 2?

Both sucked but uncharted 3 was worse.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Sword-Demon

@Sword-Demon said:

My point is that 3 isn't nearly as overrated, since it's widely regarded as a disappointment.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#131  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I had the ending ruined for me shortly after release (overheard a conversation).

Didn't really care as I didn't have much interest in playing it. After that I had absolutely no interest at all.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

another lem that couldn't play one of the best games of the gen. Clean that sand from your vagina and buy a ps3, problem solved.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

2nd sentence, huge spoiler.

If you've been reading through the thread, the story and various spoilers have been mentioned several times already on the first and second page. You're in a Bioshock Infinite thread, it's bound to occur.

indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By indigenous_euphoria

@Krelian-co said:

@Sword-Demon said:

another lem that couldn't play one of the best games of the gen. Clean that sand from your vagina and buy a ps3, problem solved.

Vagina? i am what i eat i guess lol:p Im no lem though i had a PS3 most of last gen and got to play plenty of UC2 and 3 and wasn't even remotely impressed. But it's ok cuz God Of War 3 was amazing.... that game alone justified my entire PS3 perches. It just sucks that it's the only exclusive i liked on the PS3:/

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 texasgoldrush

@cooolio said:

@millerlight89: Realistically, you cannot really expect them to create combat that is going to be everyone's ideal vision of it. They probably had a tone of ideas, but you cannot put every animation, sign idea, attack mechanics, etc. We have seen the rise of new games with new comnbat mechanics. Its not like TW2's combat could have been i the first one or at least not look right. I will just wait and see. It probably will not satisfy in the end, but who knows.

The Witcher 2's combat really wasn't very good, way too repetitive and it has a backwards difficulty curve.

I say The Witcher 2 earns its MC score, its a good game, but fans want to overrate it. It has many gameplay and story problems, much the Enhanced Edition doesn't fix (but the EE fixes some major problems with the story).

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#136  Edited By lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Uncharted 3 is the most overrated game this gen. How the hell did IGN give this game a 10? The Souls games are next.

Infinite was overrated by not insanely overrated. There were alot of flaws, I didn't like how the vigors weren't really incorporated into the story of the game.