So can we agree on one thing at least it was a GREAT E3?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'll be straight up here, I don't own a Wii U so won't comment on Nintendo. I hope there was something from them for you Wii U guys but the rest...

MS came up trumps for me with Recore and even though the Halo 5 footage was let's say less than inspiring I am a massive Halo fan so still have high hopes and BC wasn't bad news either. ROTR which I expected to blow me away, didn't, can't win them all.

Sony, TLG (lolz) but Horizon looks great. Is that an exclusive or not? Who knows. U4 looked fantastic and I 'think' Star Ocean and the new Nier are PS4 exclusive. Exclusives appear to be a grey area all of a sudden in the videogames industry. Still plenty to shout about from Sony.

FFVII remake which I'm sure will reach all platforms is massive news. Even the short trailer exudes class.

PC games event yet to come but already a massive highlight for me personally was the new Anno game shown at the Ubisoft event which looks phenomenal and I'm sure we'll be raving about more PC stuff tomorrow.

Best E3 I can remember in quite some time where the headlines are dominated not by games companies or console companies but by GAMES.

So much to look forward to now... it's a great time to be a gamer.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Agreed.

The amount of good shit I've seen is ridiculous. So much stuff coming, and I'm excited to play all o' that.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

E3 taught me that there are too many damn games coming out this year and early next year.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Yes, it has been good and we still haven't seen the PC conference yet. The quality of games shown so far is high, but there hasn't really been any new games that blew me away. Horizon, Ghost Recon, and Recore (CG only) are the new games that have me most excited.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

My One will be busy this holiday....my PS4 will be busy some time in the unannounced future :P...I am looking forward to the PC showcase tonight.

It's been pretty fun

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

No one on here can agree on anything though.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Sony and MS were both fantastic, had tons of awesome games, there are exclusives, multiplats, high quality remakes, sequels, new IPs, new controllers, just tons of awesome shit. I think I'll be grabbing an Xbone (after swearing not to when I heard Halo 5 had no local co op!) and will definitely shit myself when Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 drop next year. Really great times!

Nintendo... had a couple nice 3DS games?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Sony had a solid games lineup (even if some further down the road) and regardless of the fanboy damage control, Microsoft announcing backwards compatibility is HUGE. Plus the hololense demo was impressive, and the new controller looks interesting.

EA had a few nice highlights, though Ubisoft was disappointing and SquareEnix had a few shining moments with Just Cause 3, ROTTR, Hitman, and Deus EX MD.

Nintendo on the other hand was just a bloody train wreck.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

It was good.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts

Horizon is exclusive OP, it is made by Guerrilla Games which Sony owns that company. Not sure why you put "lolz" by TLG. For anyone who played ICO/Shadow of Collossus, they got exactly what they wanted. Those games are considered classic for a reason and I have no doubt TLG will continue that heritage.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

Yes! Except for Nintendo... I still see no reason to jump into a wiiu....

Sony and Microsoft both had excellent presentations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Oh yeah, definitely. The best one in years.

Game of show is still Fallout 4, but of course it was going to be Fallout 4.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

The hololens blew my hair back. Curious what can be done with that even outside of gaming.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Yes! Except for Nintendo... I still see no reason to jump into a wiiu....

Sony and Microsoft both had excellent presentations.

Agreed. If they don't **** up the new Zelda and it is not coming out for NX, I will buy the Wii U just for Zelda. Hopefully there is a price drop by then as Zelda is going to be costly. Hehe :)

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I'm indifferent, I can't say it was bad, but there hasn't been anything shown that I didn't already want to play before E3 anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Really? I thought it was pretty weak overall. I would pick the past 3 years over this one. Hardware reveal E3's are far more entertaining and Nintendo was pretty weak this year. I would say this E3 was average at best.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Sony had a solid games lineup (even if some further down the road) and regardless of the fanboy damage control, Microsoft announcing backwards compatibility is HUGE. Plus the hololense demo was impressive, and the new controller looks interesting.

EA had a few nice highlights, though Ubisoft was disappointing and SquareEnix had a few shining moments with Just Cause 3, ROTTR, Hitman, and Deus EX MD.

Nintendo on the other hand was just a bloody train wreck.

This ^ So much!! Microsoft had a great E3 and I am a cow but HoloLens has me excited for the future of games sea of thieves looks brilliant and the BC is a huge playing card now. I wasn't impressed by Halo, Forza, Gears as usual, but strong show from MS. 8/10

EA had an ok show Star Wars and Mirrors Edge look fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on them ASAP 6/10

UbiSoft also had an ok show as well Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon look amazing and The Division looks great ( albeit downgraded as per usual Ubi) 7/10

Sony stole the show Last Guardian, Horizon, FF7 (even though its multiplat) Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky. Could've done without the Morpheus demo was a little useless and no love for Vita (RIP) but I was afraid Sony wouldn't have a strong showing and they do for the future. 9/10

Nintendo (lulz) Boy if I was a nintendo fanboy i'd be pissed, they showed **** all. No love for Zelda, more stupid Amiibos since Nintendo know they have a cash mine on their hands with those stupid things even though they are cool. Some 3DS games and Star Fox stole the show if there even was a show to steal. Horribly disappointing. 4/10

Square Enix not bad but still meh showing KH3 and no release date pissed me off, Deus Ex and Just Cause were cool better than Nintendo 5/10

All in all first day with E3 was amazing!!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@BassMan: yeah, Zelda is that one trigger Nintendo can pull and get me in... But honestly, with NX around the corner, won't we see this new Zelda on that console? Almost seems like waiting would be better.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Oh yeah. Backwards compatible Xbox Ones.

Rareare titles on Xbox One

The Last Guardian.

Uncharted 4.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Heck the other companies make a really hard bargain to ignore the new consoles.

Nintendo somehow made me want to destroy/sell my WiiU. (Won't do it but you know?)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Microsoft , bethesda, and ubisoft did great. Sony did ok, EA was terrible. Didn't catch nintendo or square yet

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@intotheminx said:

The hololens blew my hair back. Curious what can be done with that even outside of gaming.

Adult content could be very interesting to say the least lol

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

MS and Sony both did really good. I didn't even bother to watch Nintendo's. I was too busy, but was pretty sure they wouldn't do anything that would interest me.

The BC for the XBone has convinced me to get anotther one (for the kids). Now they'll have a good catalog of kiddie games (particularly the Rare games). I'll be picking up a PS4 closer to the holiday season.

I love gaming!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@lhughey: Do you consider Conker a kid game? lol

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It's been good and we have one more conference left.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Except Nintendo of course.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

One thing im happy about that hasnt gotten much press is the new media player for ps4! finally i can play mkvs directly through my ps4

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Sony had a spectacular E3 thats for sure.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

it was good ya. Nintendo's e3 was aimed at 7y old, tho

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

If Half Life 3 is announced tonight (it wont happen we all know) the earth will spin backwards on it's axis and gravity might stop and we all float in the air in excitement.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I'll be straight up here, I don't own a Wii U so won't comment on Nintendo. I hope there was something from them for you Wii U guys but the rest...

MS came up trumps for me with Recore and even though the Halo 5 footage was let's say less than inspiring I am a massive Halo fan so still have high hopes and BC wasn't bad news either. ROTR which I expected to blow me away, didn't, can't win them all.

Sony, TLG (lolz) but Horizon looks great. Is that an exclusive or not? Who knows. U4 looked fantastic and I 'think' Star Ocean and the new Nier are PS4 exclusive. Exclusives appear to be a grey area all of a sudden in the videogames industry. Still plenty to shout about from Sony.

FFVII remake which I'm sure will reach all platforms is massive news. Even the short trailer exudes class.

PC games event yet to come but already a massive highlight for me personally was the new Anno game shown at the Ubisoft event which looks phenomenal and I'm sure we'll be raving about more PC stuff tomorrow.

Best E3 I can remember in quite some time where the headlines are dominated not by games companies or console companies but by GAMES.

So much to look forward to now... it's a great time to be a gamer.

I think sony owns GG.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Hell yeah! I thought it was a very good E3 all around. A bunch of new games I'm excited for coming out of it.

Nintendo severely disappointed me but everyone else more than made up for that.

On a side note screw destructoid. Finally done with that site over many years. That entire site/community has become way to Nintendo bias as well as other things. The whole site is trying to spin E3 as being overall "meh" after going on about how Nintendo's conference wasn't great but decent. Basically curving the whole event and spinning it so everyone else looks average so that Nintendo doesn't come out looking bad. smh

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

As a Nintendo guy, unfortunately, it was a bad E3 for me. Both Sony and Microsoft had a great showing though.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm happy, although it needs to be said.. WTF Nintendo?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Best E3 I've seen in many years, Nintendo sucked but everyone else more than made up for that. Amazing games where shown, I had lots of fun, not too many .gif moments though.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Horizon is definitely exclusive as Sony owns the studio.

2015 is an awesome year for me and I can't wait to open up my Batman PS4. MGS V, Star Wars: Battlefront, Mad Max. Those 3 alone are going to be huge mainstays for me I think.I haven't really gotten into an online shooter in a couple lf years but I bet I will put like 1000 hours into Star Wars alone LOL. Throw in a few unique games to mix it up, like Tearaway, Persona, some indie games and I'm good.

If I get an XB1 this year to add to my PS4 I will truly be stretched for time LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Truly was a great E3, it comes at a much needed time in the gaming community also. 2015 is a great year for gaming, it will be remembered like a vintage wine, im sure many will not forget the taste.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

i love gaming now more than ever before. Cheers!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Microsoft , bethesda, and ubisoft did great. Sony did ok, EA was terrible. Didn't catch nintendo or square yet

Heed my advice. Don't watch Nintendo's unless you really just want to find a reason to hate Nintendo. I actually looked at my WiiU at one point and thought to myself "Oh God, what have I done?" I'm over it now, but only watch it if you are INCREDIBLY bored and need something to do or INCREDIBLY DRUNK and bored and need something to do.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

One thing im happy about that hasnt gotten much press is the new media player for ps4! finally i can play mkvs directly through my ps4

Yeah I was surprised they didn't mention anything about it. Although it was a nice surprise to turn on my PS4 today and see Media Player sitting right there in front. I was like WTF? Must be a mistake. We've been asking for this for a year and half and they don't even mention it during the conference last night (maybe I missed it while I was dozing off)?

My excitement sadly died down when I put in my thumb drive with movies on it, only to find that only about half of them showed up. Seems as though the Media Center app doesn't recognize that .mv4 extension is basically the same as .mp4. Guess I have to go convert some movies. No biggie.

Now if they could just allow the old PS3 blu-ray remote to work on the PS4, my media viewing requests would be complete. It is bluetooth after all so it should be a pretty simple fix. Thumbs up on the sneaky Media center roll out Sony.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:
@joel_c17 said:

Yeah I was surprised they didn't mention anything about it. Although it was a nice surprise to turn on my PS4 today and see Media Player sitting right there in front. I was like WTF? Must be a mistake. We've been asking for this for a year and half and they don't even mention it during the conference last night (maybe I missed it while I was dozing off)?

My excitement sadly died down when I put in my thumb drive with movies on it, only to find that only about half of them showed up. Seems as though the Media Center app doesn't recognize that .mv4 extension is basically the same as .mp4. Guess I have to go convert some movies. No biggie.

Now if they could just allow the old PS3 blu-ray remote to work on the PS4, my media viewing requests would be complete. It is bluetooth after all so it should be a pretty simple fix. Thumbs up on the sneaky Media center roll out Sony.

Do you think they will patch in more compatibility? im sure they will improve it with further updates (fingers crossed)

quibit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 quibit
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

I remember past E3's with long times spent on statistics, Kinect, The Wand (Sony Move), etc.. this E3 has been one of the best I've seen in a long time for both Sony and MS. They both rightfully focused on games, and they delivered.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Absolutely. SW meta aside the list of games (exclusive or otherwise) announced was incredible.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Agreed.

The amount of good shit I've seen is ridiculous. So much stuff coming, and I'm excited to play all o' that.

yea, its pretty great after the last 3 years of delays and underwhelming shows.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Yeah, there was a great amount of games announced between all the big 3 this year. Sony dropped some nice megatons this year and had some interesting new games, Microsoft did too (albeit to a lesser extent), and yes, even despite having a disappointing and underwhelming conference there was still some interesting stuff from Nintendo this year (Smash DLC, NWC tournament was a decent watch, Mario Maker, Paper Mario/M&L crossover, getting a chance to play Mother 1, Star Fox game being developed by Platinum), but I realize everyone is going through their post-E3 "OMG I HATE NINTENDO AND DON'T WANT TO PLAY THEIR SYSTEMS ANYMORE" phase so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

ES taught me there's a lot of games for 2015 and 2016 (2015 possibly being the next greatest year for gaming) while it also taught me how much Nintendo has fallen from grace.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Sony, TLG (lolz) but Horizon looks great. Is that an exclusive or not? Who knows.

You are asking if Horizon is exclusive?

Considering Sony owns the developer for years, yeah, it's exclusive.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@coasterguy65 said:
@joel_c17 said:

Yeah I was surprised they didn't mention anything about it.

Actually, they mentioned it during the conference. That's how I found out.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I have a Wii U and a PC, no PS4 or X1, and I can positively say this was a great E3. Nintendo sucked but the rest of them got me excited for things I won't even be able to play, but shit they looked so awesome!