So Advanced Warfare is COD's answer to Titanfall

#1 Posted by youngmurk911 (3859 posts) -

No?

#2 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2447 posts) -

no. it has no titans and wall running

#3 Posted by Couth_ (10128 posts) -

It's been in development since way before Titanfall was announced. They probably had the concept already but I wouldn't be surprised if they borrowed a feature or two from Titanfall

#4 Posted by santoron (7740 posts) -

Eh, they've been heading this route for some time now. They are different enough that shooter junkies will find reason to own both.

#5 Edited by lostrib (37009 posts) -

No, it's just more COD but with power armor

#6 Posted by silversix_ (14618 posts) -

Titanfall needs no answer. Game been forgotten since week one and no one cares.

#7 Edited by lostrib (37009 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

That's false

#8 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

COD:AW day one sales will destroy anything Titanfall hoped to achieve in its lifetime. Like I said a few weeks ago, nobody will remember Titanfall by the time COD releases this Fall.

#9 Posted by lostrib (37009 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

COD:AW day one sales will destroy anything Titanfall hoped to achieve in its lifetime. Like I said a few weeks ago, nobody will remember Titanfall by the time COD releases this Fall.

...because?

Considering it will have a sequel, I'm sure people will remember it for a while

#10 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

A handful of lems will, rest of the gaming world will be too busy enjoying COD:AW to remember it.

#11 Edited by kunal_anand50 (79 posts) -

This game has been in development for more than 2 years and titanfall was shown last year only. If anything, this game looks to be heavily inspired from crysis.

#12 Posted by lostrib (37009 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

A handful of lems will, rest of the gaming world will be too busy enjoying COD:AW to remember it.

Okay, now you're just lying

#13 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8805 posts) -

I think it's COD's answer to Crysis 2.

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I think it's COD's answer to Crysis 2.

I hope not. Crysis 2 sucks

#15 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8805 posts) -

It kind of does. It's short, not challenging, very limited in scope, the AI is a joke, there's almost no depth to upgrades.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (23949 posts) -

no, we had an oversaturated WW2 market, Modern Warfare was born, the modern military market swelled, now we have futuristic military games, expect that genre to swell next

#17 Edited by finalstar2007 (25197 posts) -

Kind of funny that this game will outsell titanfall lifetime sales in a matter of few hours and its because Activision knows how to do business..unlike EA lol

#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (8654 posts) -

Call Of Duty will vastly outsell it regardless. It doesn't need an answer.

#19 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11350 posts) -

@finalstar2007: I feel fairly confident in saying that even if Titanfall was on both Xboxes and both PS systems, it still wouldn't outsell the new CoD. It won't outsell it, but it won't be because it's only on MS platforms.

#20 Posted by RR360DD (11952 posts) -

LOL at cows comparing Titanfall to CoD sales. You think CoD 1 just blew up and sold 20 million copies? No it didnt.

Activision should be worried, because Ghosts has really underperformed on all platforms.

No one expected Titanfall to just magically outsell CoD, but CoDs waning popularity is leaving room for games like Titanfall and Battlefield to grow.

#21 Edited by bobbetybob (19276 posts) -

Looks more like Crysis than Titanfall, people are acting like Titanfall invented cloaking and jumping long distances.

#22 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -
@bobbetybob said:

Looks more like Crysis than Titanfall, people are acting like Titanfall invented cloaking and jumping long distances.

Nobody ever said that. People did say that TF executed the cloaking, parkour and titan gameplay really well.

Which I absolutely agree with.

#23 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

LOL, I know I probably will and I'm not even a COD fan. COD:AW looks like it will bring some fresh air to the franchise. I haven't enjoyed a COD game since COD4, this new style and look for COD intrigues me.

#24 Posted by blangenakker (2347 posts) -

So when a game is set in the near future its copying Titanfall now?

#25 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@blangenakker said:

So when a game is set in the near future its copying Titanfall now?

Apparently Titanfall invented futuristic warfare. It also invented cloaks and exosuits according to lems.

#26 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

Kind of funny that this game will outsell titanfall lifetime sales in a matter of few hours

That's almost certainly true.

@finalstar2007 said:

and its because Activision knows how to do business..unlike EA lol

Aaaand that is laughably false. COD selling like hotcakes has nothing to do with Activision knowing "how to do business" any better than anybody else. It's because the name is an icon at this point, and every COD every year will continue to sell like crazy, even if they're objectively terrible and torn apart by critics. There are literally millions of people who have never played any video games besides COD. Millions of people to whom "video game" and "Call of Duty" are synonymous.

#27 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Kind of funny that this game will outsell titanfall lifetime sales in a matter of few hours

That's almost certainly true.

@finalstar2007 said:

and its because Activision knows how to do business..unlike EA lol

Aaaand that is laughably false. COD selling like hotcakes has nothing to do with Activision knowing "how to do business" any better than anybody else. It's because the name is an icon at this point, and every COD every year will continue to sell like crazy, even if they're objectively terrible and torn apart by critics. There are literally millions of people who have never played any video games besides COD. Millions of people to whom "video game" and "Call of Duty" are synonymous.

No, he is right in a way. Activision knows how to do business. They have a larger marketing budget for COD than the game budget itself. Resulting in a poor product each year, but one that is talked about by everyone and known by everyone. They also have many events that hype the press and review events so the review copies are shown in a controlled environment. They hype the press so they can in turn hype the players, even those that only know about COD.

Nice business strategy by Activison. But does it benefit gamers ? No, in no way does it do that.

#28 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2088 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Titanfall hasn't been "forgotten", but it most certainly hasn't maintained the head of steam it came out with. I think TF failed to pull away a lot of CoD players and Respawn needs to make Titanfall 2 a much better, beefier game for it to truly go head to head with the big boys!

#29 Edited by kinectthedots (1930 posts) -

Advanced warfare is Activisions answer to games that have Hollywood cinematic blockbuster type stories. No, it is not an answer to Titanfall because Titanfall did nothing. Activision seems to be focusing on the campaign with this game and Titanfall doesn't even have a campaign to speak of.

Obviously no one need to give an answer to anything that Titanfall has done because none of the hype that went into pumping the game up has materialized into much after the game actually released. The game was hyped only as an xbox one game in every ad leading up to it's release and it still couldn't even beat PS4 for one month in sales. lol answer to Titanfall?...when you relase your game make sure you have a PS4 version as well, simple.

#30 Edited by MBirdy88 (8240 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

its ok, casuals that are bad at shooters will continue to play CoD... why bother with them honestly?

Titanfall will not be as successful, everyone knows this, but its gameplay is leagues ahead...

#31 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

they will have been working on it for a while, but i would guess that seeing where IW were going with titanfall at E3 if certainly wouldn't have put them off their plan.

#32 Edited by Heirren (17092 posts) -

COD is dead. This is going to sell less than the last one and after that they may attempt one last game that encompasses the entire franchise which will forever live on through dlc maps, etc--essentially how its been for 10 years, though people just to stupid to see it.

#33 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

I wish Titan Fall was owned by activision so DICE could show Respawn how it's done. Titanfall with destructable environments!

#34 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7155 posts) -

If anything they are treading in Battlefields territory with vehicles now. The major difference that used to exist between the two.

#35 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

I wish Titan Fall was owned by activision so DICE could show Respawn how it's done. Titanfall with destructable environments!

that would be shit...what would happen to the pilots wall running and areas titans cant go...if everything was just flat?

#36 Edited by tormentos (18129 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL:

Yeah but the code online would be horrible look how broken BF4 is.

#37 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

that would be shit...what would happen to the pilots wall running and areas titans cant go...if everything was just flat?

Because all of Battlefield matches end with everything being flat....

#38 Edited by Evo_nine (1732 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

actually....cows, who cant buy the game, are the only ones that don't care.

titanfall still going strong on the charts while infaflop has fallen off the radar completely.

don't be mad

#39 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@sts106mat said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Because all of Battlefield matches end with everything being flat....

well no they dont, and it is a cool feature of. I think Titanfalls maps are fantastic as they are.

#40 Edited by hehe101 (778 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

It's still selling strong and is the best selling in UK at the moment how is it forgotten when it was released over a month ago and still continues to chart higher than PS4 titles?

#41 Edited by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

No, they appear completely different and COD is going to sell 10X more.

#42 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7842 posts) -

LOL Titanfail.

#43 Edited by silversix_ (14618 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

titanfall still going strong on the charts while infaflop has fallen off the radar completely.

don't be mad

okay so lets say im a cow, im jelly n all of this sexy shit BUT yet can buy it for my 360 AND pc so what's sup with that, bro? Oh yeah its a fking cod ripoff multiplat,,,,,,, nothing to get jelly about

#44 Edited by Wasdie (49922 posts) -

Not really.

Also when you make a topic, please put some thought into it. It's not hard.

Edit: I'll keep it open but next time I won't.

#45 Edited by jsmoke03 (12902 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

no. it has no titans and wall running

oh you want a clone?

#46 Edited by Evo_nine (1732 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

don't be mad

okay so lets say im a cow, im jelly n all of this sexy shit BUT yet can buy it for my 360 AND pc so what's sup with that, bro? Oh yeah its a fking cod ripoff multiplat,,,,,,, nothing to get jelly about

because cow.

#47 Edited by Krelian-co (10950 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@lostrib said:

@I_can_haz said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

...because?

#48 Edited by silversix_ (14618 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

@Evo_nine said:

@silversix_ said:

don't be mad

because cow.

as always nothing to say.

#49 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Advanced warfare is Activisions answer to games that have Hollywood cinematic blockbuster type stories.

It's an answer to Call of Duty, then?