Smash Bros Direct 04/8/14 -T Minus 26 minutes

• 111 results
#51 Posted by mems_1224 (45794 posts) -

Ugh, Charizard? They could at least put a good Pokemon like Blastoise in. Charizard is lame.

#52 Edited by hiphops_savior (7681 posts) -

@handssss said:

whoever made the decision to have greninja look like Mewtwo at first can just burn. they KNEW we all would rather have mewtwo in the game than stupid ass lucario and greninja.

U mad, bro?

#53 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3975 posts) -

That exclusive dungeon mode for 3ds looks awesome, this means I'll have to buy a 3ds now lol.

#55 Edited by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

Game looks great!

Mega Mans Final!!

#56 Posted by princeofshapeir (13604 posts) -

Discussion of online play was the best part. For Glory Mode will be amazing; ranked play for Smash is coming. The characters that were revealed were nice but seeing Sakurai confirm he's focusing on the competitive aspect of Smash Bros. for SSB4 is really amazing.

#57 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22316 posts) -

I love how much of a troll sakurai is

You just can't hate the guy

#58 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24313 posts) -
#59 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

Winter.

Cool. Haha, I'm just too good.

#60 Posted by Desmonic (12703 posts) -

@Spartan070: Nintendo should just buy Megaman

For once I do agree Ninty should buy something :P Capcom doesn't seem willing enough to pick up the franchise again and Ninty has the talent to make it big again.

#61 Edited by DocSanchez (1407 posts) -
#62 Posted by PonchoTaco (1904 posts) -

Game looks amazing. It's a good time to be a Nintendo fan.

#63 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy: I thought the same thing. When he said "For the Wii U version you'll be able to play online..." I figured the wording meant that 3DS was excluded. Then he mentions it. Same for ZS Samus. Saying she won't be back.... Just kidding.

#64 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3240 posts) -

Obviously this game is gonna be really awesome.

#65 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24313 posts) -
#66 Edited by bbkkristian (14764 posts) -

SAKKKKUURRRAAIIIIII, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SQUIRTLE AND IVYSAUR!?

YOU HAD ONE JOB, SAKURAI!

*deep breath* awww man! there was no Shulk announcement. Lame. Also the fact that he trolled us by that Psuedo Palutena after her leaks. I felt even more trolled.

But the overall direct was awesome. I question why they decided to release the 3ds version first. They should have just focused on the Wii u version and put the 3ds version on the bench.

#67 Posted by p3anut (5839 posts) -

@Desmonic: still I'm kinda pissed for the lack of mega charizard y. I get the X version is edgy and cool with the kids but Y hits like a nuke under the sun

Are you trying to imply Charizard X doesn't hit hard? If you let Char X set up a DD and you don't have a pokemon to counter him it's GG.

#68 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22316 posts) -

@p3anut: yeah but charizard y's fire attacks hit hard without having to set up. Plus the guy fucks up water types with solar beam.

Both zards are good in different ways though

#69 Posted by nini200 (9383 posts) -

So the real question I want to know is, Who will Charizard be playing as in this game?

#70 Posted by resevl4rlz (3229 posts) -

Nintendo just loves to piss off wii u owners

#71 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

Absolutely amazing. I have a new main character.

#72 Posted by nini200 (9383 posts) -

Who will you be maining Charizard? That is the question of SW

#73 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26170 posts) -

Game looks great!

Mega Mans Final!!

wow that is bad ass. Its the most MM love iv seen in years.

#74 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well of course.

#75 Posted by spike6958 (4651 posts) -

Oh man, this is awesome. Gotta be a double dip for me on these.

The idea to finally make Zero Suite Samus, Charizard and Sheik into there own characters is great, and honestly it's about time, I always hated how they where tied to there other forums, although I will miss Squirtle.

The 3DS exclusive mode looks incredibly fun, but the best part of it for me is seeing the Kremlings in a game once again.

I'm also loving there idea for separating online, and of course great call on making a Final Destination version of the majority of stages, that could have been a serious oversite.

My only real complaints comes in three forms:

1. Some of the new characters look incredibly over-powered. Especially Little Mac, I can totally see him becoming the new Fox for competitive play.
  2. Missing fighters, where are Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff? These three have been there since the beginning, they need to come back (even if there is too many Pokemon now). Same with some of the Melee and Brawl fighters like Ganondorf, Falco, and Wario, I know they said they wanted every fighter to be unique, but come on, you added Greninja, who looks to just be a mix of Lucario and Sheik.
  3. Ridley. Why must you always find a way to add him to the game that doesn't involve me playing as him Sakuri. Having him as a boss on the Metroid stages is cool, but if Charizard can be scaled to the point of been a playable character, I really don't see why Ridley can't.

Other than those three things, I'm nothing but excited to play this, and I can't believe i'm saying this, as I absolutely despise the series, but I actually can't wait to try out Mega Man, he looks so fresh and interesting, and overall I just can't wait to see what else they come up with.

#76 Posted by nini200 (9383 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well of course.

Don't make me beat it out of you... Grrrr

#77 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well of course.

Don't make me beat it out of you... Grrrr

#78 Edited by nini200 (9383 posts) -
#79 Posted by foxhound_fox (86957 posts) -

And yet, all the Wii U owners here are super-excited, and the only people complaining are people like you.

#80 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@resevl4rlz said:

And yet, all the Wii U owners here are super-excited, and the only people complaining are people like you.

Has any... has any Wii U owner actually complained?

#81 Posted by resevl4rlz (3229 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

i guess i am the only one then

#82 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

You're a Wii U owner?

#83 Edited by resevl4rlz (3229 posts) -

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

You're a Wii U owner?

yes bought it at launch

#84 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

You're a Wii U owner?

yes bought it at launch

Oh, good. That must have been rough though lol.

#85 Posted by resevl4rlz (3229 posts) -

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

You're a Wii U owner?

yes bought it at launch

don't remind me, i totally regret buying one at launch

#86 Edited by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@resevl4rlz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

You're a Wii U owner?

yes bought it at launch

Yeah man, buying consoles at launch is a terrible idea. I learned my lesson last time around.

Hopefully the nice lineup this year makes it up to you though.

#87 Posted by foxhound_fox (86957 posts) -

Always research a multi-hundred dollar purchase before throwing payment down.

#88 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9421 posts) -

Okay, can someone answer this question for me: Can I play different modes like time or stock this time? And can I search for something specific, such as three-stock match?

#89 Posted by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

Okay, can someone answer this question for me: Can I play different modes like time or stock this time? And can I search for something specific, such as three-stock match?

With Friends, EVERYTHING is customizable. With strangers, you get limited customization- you can either choose to play Competitive matches (where only Final Destination variants of stages are playable in 1v1 games and no items), or Fun matches, which are 4v4, no limitations whatsoever.

#90 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9421 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

With Friends, EVERYTHING is customizable. With strangers, you get limited customization- you can either choose to play Competitive matches (where only Final Destination variants of stages are playable in 1v1 games and no items), or Fun matches, which are 4v4, no limitations whatsoever.

Hmm, as long as it's not just two minute timed matches, playing with strangers doesn't sound so bad. I'm a stock guy. Looks like I'll need to add a lot of people when I eventually get a Wii-U.

I'm glad to see the online looks pretty good. I think this is going to be a really awesome game. I wonder if it will release by Christmas.

#91 Edited by KBFloYd (12775 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Now I'm hyped.

They better announce some pre-order bonuses eventually!

you have a 3ds too?

thats the only people hyped because they will get it in a couple months.

#92 Posted by MonsieurX (28737 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@MonsieurX said:

Now I'm hyped.

you have a 3ds too?

I don't.

Still a long wait to go,but I'm hyped

#93 Edited by charizard1605 (54481 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@MonsieurX said:

Now I'm hyped.

you have a 3ds too?

Lies. I'm more excited for the Wii U version (have a 3DS too, just FYI).

#94 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25827 posts) -

The idea to finally make Zero Suite Samus, Charizard and Sheik into there own characters is great, and honestly it's about time, I always hated how they where tied to there other forums, although I will miss Squirtle.

No, if anything, for Samus and Zelda/Sheik's sake it's backwards as all hell, and for Charizard's sake, treating people like idiots.

#95 Posted by lamprey263 (22453 posts) -

some of the stages seem small and limited ground to fight for

like the power up items though

lol at Nintendogs appearance, that's gonna be amusing

#96 Posted by MirkoS77 (6868 posts) -

Will there be any surprises left for gamers to discover by the time it releases? I suppose when you have nothing else to show, dissecting every element of a game is better than showing nothing at all.

#97 Posted by trugs26 (5120 posts) -

Man this looks awesome. I wasn't planning to get the 3DS version, but due to the release schedule, I like the timing of the 3DS version. So with that said, I will pick up both versions. Game looks amazing.

#98 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4739 posts) -

I'm disappointed that Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy and not playable, I think Metroid could use some villain representation and Dark Samus is perfect.

#99 Posted by m_machine024 (14844 posts) -

The 3DS exclusive mode looks incredibly fun, but the best part of it for me is seeing the Kremlings in a game once again.

I'm also loving there idea for separating online, and of course great call on making a Final Destination version of the majority of stages, that could have been a serious oversite.

My only real complaints comes in three forms:

1. Some of the new characters look incredibly over-powered. Especially Little Mac, I can totally see him becoming the new Fox for competitive play.
  2. Missing fighters, where are Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff? These three have been there since the beginning, they need to come back (even if there is too many Pokemon now). Same with some of the Melee and Brawl fighters like Ganondorf, Falco, and Wario, I know they said they wanted every fighter to be unique, but come on, you added Greninja, who looks to just be a mix of Lucario and Sheik.
  3. Ridley. Why must you always find a way to add him to the game that doesn't involve me playing as him Sakuri. Having him as a boss on the Metroid stages is cool, but if Charizard can be scaled to the point of been a playable character, I really don't see why Ridley can't.

Other than those three things, I'm nothing but excited to play this, and I can't believe i'm saying this, as I absolutely despise the series, but I actually can't wait to try out Mega Man, he looks so fresh and interesting, and overall I just can't wait to see what else they come up with.

Did you just asked for Jiggypuff to come back? XD She's a veteran yes but personally she's a waste of space, as a fighter and a character. She's just plain wack. -__- They should make her a assist trophy or something. :P

I think only Little Mac is overpowered tho. That K.O. punch really looks unfair. It even charges when you get damage and it looks like it charges kinda fast too. ;/

#100 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24313 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@resevl4rlz said:

r...really?