Slender : The Arrival best horror game ever coming to pc

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL-jerHqJpA

Slender-The-Arrival-Teaser-Trailer_9.jpg

Slender :the arrival 

Is based on the myth of the slenderman. For those of you who don't know the slenderman, he is a creature that stalks you and drives you to insanity. He is known for being a tall faceless man that just stares at you. One day you seem him across the road then outside your windows then before you know it he is in your house and then no one ever hears from you again.

here are some screens of this beautiful game coming this spring.

slender-the-arrival_promo_oct18_01.png

2380182-houseoutside.jpg 

Slender-The-Arrival-Teaser-Trailer_2.jpg

#2 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -

Slender: 8 Pages wasn't scary/good, and slenderman was never scary.

I'm not sure why you are claiming this is the best horror game ever.

#3 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

Badosh

Accoring to many many many people it is scary. Have you seen the trailer it looks better then any horror game i've seen.

#4 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
Accoring to many many many people it is scary. Have you seen the trailer it looks better then any horror game i've seen.osirisx3
If you're referring to the trailer you posted, yes, I saw it a few days after it was posted. It doesn't look that good.
#5 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]Accoring to many many many people it is scary. Have you seen the trailer it looks better then any horror game i've seen.Badosh
If you're referring to the trailer you posted, yes, I saw it a few days after it was posted. It doesn't look that good.

then you are not that into horror games. name one that looks better then this? i cant see how you think it does not look good.

#6 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
then you are not that into horror games. osirisx3
Yup, that must be it :roll:
name one that looks better then this? i cant see how you think it does not look good.osirisx3
Amnesia: AMFP Outlast Dementium 2 looks good Hell, I'd say Dead Space 3 looks better than this game.
#7 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]then you are not that into horror games. Badosh
Yup, that must be it :roll:
name one that looks better then this? i cant see how you think it does not look good.osirisx3
Amnesia: AMFP Outlast Dementium 2 looks good Hell, I'd say Dead Space 3 looks better than this game.

i beat amnesia not that amazing but it was still decent. as for dementium it was a cool looking game on the ds but i am not so sure how this one will be. Dead space is an action game with jump scares.

#8 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26408 posts) -

Badosh

You must be really good at Amnesia then.

#9 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
i beat amnesia not that amazing but it was still decent. as for dementium it was a cool looking game on the ds but i am not so sure how this one will be. Dead space is an action game with jump scares.

osirisx3
All three of the games i mentioned, not counting DS3, will most likely be higher quality than Slender. Outlast looks especially good.
#10 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]i beat amnesia not that amazing but it was still decent. as for dementium it was a cool looking game on the ds but i am not so sure how this one will be. Dead space is an action game with jump scares.

Badosh

All three of the games i mentioned, not counting DS3, will most likely be higher quality than Slender. Outlast looks especially good.

Opinion = fact 

#11 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Your satire on Slenderman enthusiasts is amusing.

#12 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -
Machine For Pigs, Nuff Said.
#13 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Looks there is at least "some" money in this one. That first Slender was a pile crap that looked like something from 1992.

#14 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

Cherokee_Jack

glad you are having fun. but i still think slenderman is awesome.

#15 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

Looks there is at least "some" money in this one. That first Slender was a pile crap that looked like something from 1992.

StrongBlackVine

so it was in 2d?

#16 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

If it's like Penumbra sign me up. I really liked the adventure elements in that game.

#17 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

osirisx3

glad you are having fun. but i still think slenderman is awesome.

Yeah, he was awesome for like the first 3 pages of that SA thread.
#18 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Slender Man is not scary btw. What exactly does he do to you?

#19 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
Opinion = fact 

osirisx3
Sure is.
#20 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
I don't find Slenderman scary at all but good for those that do. :P
#21 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26408 posts) -

This Thread

>Doesn't Find Slenderman Scary

>Probably never played the game.

#22 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

This Thread

LegatoSkyheart
I played it and didn't like it, but then I was bored of Slenderman before the game came out.
#23 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9481 posts) -
Doesn't look that scary to me....but I'd get it anyway :P
#24 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

This Thread

LegatoSkyheart

I watched it on Youtube and it looks like crap. Watched Amnesia it was actually creepy.

#25 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
you spelled amnesia wrong.
#26 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
Another PC game no one's ever heard of or cares about. Awesome.
#27 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9481 posts) -
Another PC game no one's ever heard of or cares about. Awesome.Miketheman83
I care. :|
#28 Posted by with_teeth26 (6289 posts) -

There are a few horror games coming out on the PC this year that look more interesting. I might get it, trailer wasn't very good though. 

#29 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Well this thread went straight downhill.

Anyway, this looks cool, I enjoyed Slender for what it was, it's very creepy first time on your own with headphones in the dark, but the appeal wears off after the first maybe 2-3 attempts and it becomes pretty easy to learn the tricks.

I'm really glad he followed up with a bigger and hopefully better experience though. I love all horror games so gimme gimme. Don't know why everyone is b!tching and moaning in here, just enjoy all fo them and be happy. 

Wait... It's gonna be $20?? fvck that sh!t. No way I'd pay that for it

#30 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

Am I the only one that doesn't find Slenderman scary....at all?

#31 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Anyway, this looks cool, I enjoyed Slender for what it was, it's very creepy first time on your own with headphones in the dark, but the appeal wears off after the first maybe 2-3 attempts and it becomes pretty easy to learn the tricks.

I'm really glad he followed up with a bigger and hopefully better experience though. I love all horror games so gimme gimme. Don't know why everyone is b!tching and moaning in here, just enjoy all fo them and be happy. 

seanmcloughlin

LOL so it's only good for $5 or so...that isn't saying much.

#32 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Frostbite24

I am at a loss as to why any one would find Slenderman creepy. Especially when it has no real mythology at all. This "monster" was made up in a internet forum a few years ago.

#33 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

StrongBlackVine

LOL so it's only good for $5 or so...that isn't saying much.

It looks good and interesting, but the guy is being greedy asking for $20 for it because he knows how popular Slender was. It should be $10 because chances are it will be short and have no replay value. 

#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

StrongBlackVine

I am at a loss as to why any one would find Slenderman creepy. Especially when it has no real mythology at all. This "monster" was made up in a internet forum a few years ago.

It has to be real to be scary? :? So you can pretty much discount almost all horror in any form then. Almost all horror stories or characters are fake

It's not that slenderman is scary, it's that the feeling of being alone and he can pop up anywhere that's scary, it's your imagination doing the work. Slenderman himself isn't scary at all, but if you were alone in a dark forest and he popped up behind you, you would be pretty freaked out

#35 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
Actually looks pretty scary. Thanks for the screens TC!
#36 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -
Among the Sleep is pretty good too, For me at least.
#37 Posted by madsnakehhh (14994 posts) -

Frostbite24

I enjoyed the legend for what it is, a kind of cool internet story...but aside from that, i never thought it was anything that scary.

#38 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

Badosh

#39 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Well this thread went to the dumps.

Anyway I can't see it being the best horror game ever, but I probably look into it. Honestly I think I more interested in Faceless due to the multiplayer aspect.

Frostbite24

It has its moments, but it not as scary as some people made it out to be.

#41 Posted by RoccoHout (1010 posts) -

Frostbite24

I never found him scary at all. Amnesia **** all over Slender

#42 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

seanmcloughlin

It has to be real to be scary? :? So you can pretty much discount almost all horror in any form then. Almost all horror stories or characters are fake

It's not that slenderman is scary, it's that the feeling of being alone and he can pop up anywhere that's scary, it's your imagination doing the work. Slenderman himself isn't scary at all, but if you were alone in a dark forest and he popped up behind you, you would be pretty freaked out

Yes that definately is the right method of scaring the human psyche. But is any of that in the Game ?
#43 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

seanmcloughlin

Well I maybe gullible/optimistic but I believe the possibilty of ghost/spirits and aliens. I can believe that there could be some dangerous species of animals that have not be discovered yet. I can even believe that an mutated virus could turn human into pyschpaths (rabies like infection) or cause mutations from genetic experiements in the future.

I cannot believe in a stupid looking tall man with jelly arms. If I saw out in woods by myslef I would probably sh!t my pants, but it doesn't make for a good game concept.

#44 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

Glad to hear, I just don't get scared by all this Slender Man crap. He slowly walks after and... oh, that's about it. His arms are long, yay, so scary!

#45 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9481 posts) -

Frostbite24
No...I don't either.
#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Lulekani

Yes that definately is the right method of scaring the human psyche. But is any of that in the Game ?

It is in Slender because it's so simplistic. You walk and find some pages and the music and ambient sounds do most of the work, it's the possibilty of something happening that's the worst. Not when it actually does happen, it's a perfect lesson in tension building and atmosphere and it works pretty well for how very limited it is. But it only works like once or twice

#47 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

I must have been unknowingly living in a cave, because I've never heard of Slender anything. Honestly, It looks like a bunch of nonsense. 

If I saw him out in woods by myself, I would probably s*** my pants, but it doesn't make for a good game concept.

StrongBlackVine

I'm also going to go ahead and +1 this. I'll pass, which is unfortunate since I'm always excited to hear about potentially good horror games.

#48 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12835 posts) -
Wow, we got a lot of badasses in this thread. The original Slender game was pretty dull, but it absolutely nailed the concept of the A.I stalker. That is what is scary, not necessarily the creature it is based on. It's the paranoia of knowing it's just out of eyesight, creeping up on you, and will get you at the most unexpected moment is why it's lauded everywhere. If I'm not mistaken, that's also what make games such as Amnesia and Silent Hill scary; not knowing what's there, but knowing something is there.
#49 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12835 posts) -

Not when it actually does happen, it's a perfect lesson in tension building and atmosphere and it works pretty well for how very limited it is. But it only works like once or twice

seanmcloughlin
I find that's the problem with games and horror. Once you learn the mechanics, the tension is over. For all it did well, Amnesia became quickly unreplayable because of the pretty obvious designs they left everywhere. You know when a room is designed for monsters, or if you're left to do your puzzles in peace, and that's even by the first run through. By the second one, you know where the scripted scares are. I think the only series that successfully keeps its horrific tension is Silent Hill 1-4. Even upon replaying them, especially for the fun runs implemented into the game, there are some sequences which are still really unsettling despite having been done before.
#50 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Wow, we got a lot of badasses in this thread. The original Slender game was pretty dull, but it absolutely nailed the concept of the A.I stalker. That is what is scary, not necessarily the creature it is based on. It's the paranoia of knowing it's just out of eyesight, creeping up on you, and will get you at the most unexpected moment is why it's lauded everywhere. If I'm not mistaken, that's also what make games such as Amnesia and Silent Hill scary; not knowing what's there, but knowing something is there. FrozenLiquid

Nothing stalks you in Silent Hill. Nemesis stalked you RE.