Sleeping Dogs HD rumored : PC , PS4 , Xbox One

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2938 posts) -

ShopTo has just listed a HD version of Sleeping Dogs that will be coming on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Square Enix has not announced anything as of yet .

Check out the price below .

The question is will PC version of the game look close to console versions this time around .? Because last time the difference between both versions was huge , due to exclusive graphical features on it . Do you expect to do the same this time around as well .?

Anyways , the game still looked decent across all platforms though .

Have you played Sleeping Dogs before .? Will you buy it again .? Share your thoughts .

Source

#2 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Thought it already looked great on PC with the HD textures pack and everything set to their maximum settings.

Already beat and got tons of achievements for it and it was $5 when I got in a Square Enix bundle so probably not. Story was great so if you've haven't played it, give it try and unlock some better moves or else it feels repetitive with the same combos.

#3 Posted by 10854 (109 posts) -

Never played. Not going to buy. Nothing grabs me.

#4 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2938 posts) -

Thought it already looked great on PC with the HD textures pack and everything set to their maximum settings.

Already beat and got tons of achievements for it and it was $5 when I got in a Square Enix bundle so probably not. Story was great so if you've haven't played it, give it try and unlock some better moves or else it feels repetitive with the same combos.

Ya , that's what I was thinking . The game is already HD on PC . Let's see what they have in store for us .

#5 Edited by clyde46 (45962 posts) -

So the PC will have a Super HD version?

#6 Posted by sukraj (22566 posts) -

Not going to play this game.

#7 Posted by blangenakker (2290 posts) -

Already played it and to be honest it doesn't really need a HD makeover, game looks great as it is.

#8 Posted by gameofthering (10195 posts) -

Seems pointless to have a "HD" version for the PC.

#9 Posted by aroxx_ab (9459 posts) -

Sounds nice i have not played the game, wish they make HD version of Dishonored as well

#10 Posted by thehig1 (1689 posts) -

Why are these games called hd remakes, when the original was in hd to.

#11 Edited by Mystery_Writer (7924 posts) -

Played the PC steam version a little, but didn't had the time to finish it.

The game looks good on PC. I wonder what HD version could bring

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (39984 posts) -

This game is gonna look great in HD on PC.

#13 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -

Better game than watch dog to me. Very fun and beauty city.

#14 Posted by hello505 (130 posts) -

Boring fucking game, a GTA clone basically.

#15 Edited by wal86ker (6 posts) -

I thought the World Cup just started in Brazil..

#16 Posted by sailor232 (4582 posts) -

I got this gifted to me on Steam for free, there is no need for a remaster, game looks amazing on pc as it is.

#17 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4625 posts) -

What !? It is already HD on PC

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2938 posts) -

Now , it'll be HDer .

#19 Edited by Ben-Buja (2910 posts) -

Pretty sure I already played this in HD (in 4k actually). I wonder if they include any new graphics features...

#20 Posted by Sollet (7361 posts) -

The "HD" release no one asked for.

#21 Posted by TheEroica (13387 posts) -

Played a few hours of it on pc... it's a fun game no doubt but after watchdogs I'm feeling a sickness for lack of evolution and frequency in open world games. Gonna pass on this one.

#22 Posted by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs Humored? But what was so funny?

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (8272 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs (with all DLC) was on a steam sale the other day for fucking £8 lol.

It seems Square Enix learned for Womb Raider than they can simply resell the pc shit for extortionate prices.

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3536 posts) -

As good as it is, don't know if I'd want to get it again. Would depend on any additional content.

#25 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7410 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs (with all DLC) was on a steam sale the other day for fucking £8 lol.

It seems Square Enix learned for Womb Raider than they can simply resell the pc shit for extortionate prices.

Scam Raider: The scam edition.

#26 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10171 posts) -

I played it in HD on the PC....I want Sleeping Dogs 2, not this cash grab.

#27 Posted by Desmonic (13745 posts) -

Yay... more HD ports.... I think this trend is going a bit too far :S

#28 Posted by harry_james_pot (10772 posts) -

More HD remakes, yay.. -__-

#29 Posted by Flubbbs (3053 posts) -

nobody ever asked for this

#30 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

Pointless for pc since it was already HD?

#31 Edited by coasterguy65 (5922 posts) -

Jesus, just make new games already damn it.

#32 Posted by BldgIrsh (2184 posts) -

I like how the PC is cheaper... But why does the PC need it in the first place?

#33 Posted by 2Chalupas (5042 posts) -

Don't mind the console remakes, since alot of games last gen had " technical issues". I'm ok with getting them on a new platform, for those that never played them before - or for those that really love the game and would like to revisit them again with better settings.

But for PC? Not sure the point...

#34 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5967 posts) -

Yeah I dunno if I'd get it again... I really enjoyed it though. Depends what else was out.

#35 Posted by lostrib (35766 posts) -

But I already played it in HD...

#36 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7410 posts) -

@lostrib said:

But I already played it in HD...

Now you can play it in Super HD.

#37 Posted by IgGy621985 (4745 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs HD, 900p on X1. Now that would be hilarious.

#38 Posted by jake44 (1996 posts) -
#39 Posted by MonsieurX (29981 posts) -

Well,consolite can finally enjoy last gens games in HD,lulz

#40 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs is one of the biggest underrated games of last gen.

#41 Edited by GhoX (4866 posts) -

Trying to release a HD version for PC is futile. Somebody is just going to rip all the higher res textures and release it as a patch. Unless the HD version simply replaces the original version on shelves, while original versions get a free patch to HD version.

CD Project RED dealt with "enhanced editions" a lot, they know well that trying to re-release on PC is a bad idea.

#42 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

I miss backwards compatibility... :(

#43 Edited by mikhail (1550 posts) -

Here's a screenshot from the vanilla PC version. Imagine a better looking version of this...pretty nuts

T

#44 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4723 posts) -

Just taking the PC version & putting it on next gen consoles, they will claim it's a from the ground remake

#45 Posted by nutcrackr (12522 posts) -

HD ports are going to be the bane of this generation. It's barely started and it's already too much. Stop buying these games and maybe they will get the picture.

#46 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I saw you crying about Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive on YouTube. Don't deny it. :)

#47 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2073 posts) -

But it was already in hd

#48 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4625 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

I saw you crying about Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive on YouTube. Don't deny it. :)

It´s impossible because I barely comment on youtube, I didn´t comment about Bloodborne, and my youtube username is completely different from GS.

#49 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16439 posts) -

What would they add to the current PC version which already has various resolutions and had a HD texture pack?

#50 Posted by heretrix (37339 posts) -

So basically this is Tomb Raider all over again? Sigh.

I thought the game was alright (the driving was terrible) but not enough for me to even think about rebuying it.

Plus, How in the hell are they going to do a better version on the PC than already exists? Sure they could tighten up the controls a bit but that should just be a FREE patch. You can get the game and practically all of it's dlc for less than 20 bucks. Hell, I've seen it for less than 10.

It's really sad to see how some publishers try to get over with some obvious bullshit.