Sleeping Dogs DE PS4/XB1 coming. This needs to stop!

#101 Posted by mems_1224 (48351 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

We should skip that part where we go "ugh another port" and just be like, yo remember that fun part in Sleeping Dogs.

I liked the breaking peoples legs with the combat move. Good times. Batman needs more of that. Like Batman's combat is overall vastly superior, but Batman doesn't break anyone's legs. Wei Fucking Shen does. Correct this Batman.

Until I can kill someone with a pallet of swordfish, idk if I can say Batman has better combat. lol

#102 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5739 posts) -

I made a thread about this , like 2 months ago when it was just a rumor . Seems like it wasn't just a rumor after all . Anyways , this will be just another so called "Definitive Edition" ported from PC , and will look worse than PC version in most cases , like Tomb Raider . What a cash grab .

#103 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27887 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

What the hell has happened to this industry?

It's reminding me of the pop music industry even more.

#104 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16019 posts) -

The one game that needs a sequel and instead we get this shit.

#105 Posted by OhSnapitz (18673 posts) -

PLEASE tell me a game that we got (almost) FREE with Games with Gold is not being re-sold for $50-60 on the Regurgitation Station 4 and the XBO.

#106 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs.

Me neither

#107 Posted by Soethi6 (176 posts) -

I played the demo. It was ok but not remake worthy IMO. September and october (NHL, FIFA, Mordors Shadow) can't come soon enough.

#108 Edited by biggest_loser (24131 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@biggest_loser said:

What the hell has happened to this industry?

It's reminding me of the pop music industry even more.

I guess in terms of disposable crap becoming popular and reducing the quality of the medium.

At least the music industry actually got its act together with online distribution and such.

#109 Posted by _Matt_ (9337 posts) -

Did anyone even care enough for this game in the first place?

#110 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26220 posts) -

You can actually get it now here.

#111 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

Pre-order the DLC subscription and receive a 20% discount on your next gold purchase!

#112 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The one game that needs a sequel and instead we get this shit.

Buy the DLC of the DLC to gain entrance to our special developers forum in which we talk about all our upcoming Kickstarter projects. Like us on Farcebook and increase the odds of it happening!

#113 Posted by freedomfreak (42921 posts) -

I don't really care much for remasters but:

1. Give me a sequel.
2. Fix the pricing on these rez jobs.

#114 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I don't really care much for remasters but:

1. Give me a sequel.

2. Fix the pricing on these rez jobs.

Freedom plays a Xanadu.

#115 Posted by freedomfreak (42921 posts) -
@KungfuKitten said:

Freedom plays a Xanadu.

Haha, rez cost.

Kungfu, you little devil you.

#116 Posted by silversix_ (15827 posts) -

This what we get when a generation lasts this long. If ps4/xbone was released in 2010-2011 this game and f*cktone others would've been already on next gen and double milking wouldn't be possible. This plain sucks what every dev is doing right now...

#117 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1123 posts) -

It might sell alot believe it or not with the current need of games.

#118 Posted by tubbyc (3790 posts) -

There's nothing wrong with giving people these options. You can take it or leave it. There's plenty of new games on the way, and these little projects here and there would actually help developers get used to the new consoles to some extent.

#119 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

I loved the game and beat it on PC, would consider buying on PS4. The combat is some of the best in games.

#120 Edited by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@MonsieurX: Yes,plz more games on the PS4"

Have you finally caught your breath after running from me, and my success, in the other thread? Do not run from success, child. Pursue it. :->

Sums up pretty much all your posts

#121 Posted by Omega-316 (936 posts) -

Just because you played it doesnt mean others have. It coming out will have no effect on you. The more games that come out the better. Next gen console owners are hungry for games.

The only "Remastered" version im going to get is GTAV though. The only negative about the game was the low traffic and low pedestrians in a busy city like LA. Fixing that plus improving graphics and frame rate = take some more money from me Rockstar you god like devs you.

#122 Posted by danjammer69 (4140 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

Edit: I think I'm starting to see why we don't have backwards compatibility.

Bingo!

#123 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Freedom plays a Xanadu.

Haha, rez cost.

Kungfu, you little devil you.

rrrrr

#124 Edited by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

Apparently the DE is coming to PC as well.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_sleeping_dogs_definitive_edition-15640_en.html

Some pictures:

#125 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

Some pictures:

That was unexpected. Tomb Raider DE didn't find its way on PC.

#126 Edited by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

@Ben-Buja said:

Some pictures:

That was unexpected. Tomb Raider DE didn't find its way on PC.

That must mean they upgrade more than just the resolution for the console versions, and thought the change was worth enough for another PC release.

The main difference I can see in the screenshots is bloom, lensflares and changed lighting

#127 Posted by coasterguy65 (6232 posts) -

I might have considered the game if it had been priced at $30. At $60...NFW.....

Who wants to take bets on when the Deus Ex Human Revolution DE will be announced?

#128 Posted by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

Some pictures:

lol, now some of the Hermits bashing this release want this, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse added to their wish lists.

#129 Posted by PS2fweak (146 posts) -

I actually love all these remakes. I don't see how it would have a negative affect on the industry. It just means more games for the current generation. They don't seem to take much time to develop, so it's hard to see the problem.

#130 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -

Next gen has no gamezzz and console fanboys think the pc version has "slightly" better graphics, well those remasters prove em wrong.

Yes i agree it needs to stop BUT...its easier to sell the same instead of making a new one, it makes profit. Funny thing though sleeping dogs flopped it sold 1.5 million copies, why remaster it? The graphics were not its strong point anyway, maybe the rain.

#131 Posted by Roler42 (841 posts) -

There's some irony in this current string of re-releases

All over system wars i have seen consolites make fun of hermits for playing "old games", and yet... this year the new consoles has seen a good chunk of "old games" getting re-released and some of them actually praise this, lol, kinda makes the argument fall apart

On topic though... The game better have some major changes if they want me to buy it... Metro Redux at least has a proper re-make feel to it

#132 Edited by youngmurk911 (3880 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL: lol