Skyrim is the most overrated RPG ever made.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -
Seriously...why do reviewers just overlook the major problems it has?...There are clear and epic flaws this game has. Lets see, bugs.....game stopping bugs. This game has some bad ones. If New Vegas can get ripped to shreds by reviewers because of bugs, why can't Skyrim? Its still broken. Writing.....wow, the writing in Skyrim is actually WORSE than Oblivion an dthe main story is WORSE. Bethesda has some really crappy writers. Really the Civil War is an epic fail as their is no depth in the conflict past "oh they don't let us worship Talos vs Nord suprmacy." The guild quests managed to be worse than Oblivion as well. In Oblivion, Dark Brotherhood was memorable, they are a joke in Skyrim. The ONLY quests that are better written is Skyrim are the Daedric Quests and some of the side quests. And really, the characters suck as well too. Not asking for Mass Effect quality, but at least have New Vegas quality. The leveling system SUCKS...take a hint Bethesda, it doesn't work. Why the hell can I not enter a dangerous area with high level monsters to get a high level weapon? Because of the idiot system where monsters level up to you. This takes away consquence to advance choice....and it is choice WITHOUT consquence. Seriosuly only Giants are a threat to a low level player. And Bethesda should have realized the superiority of New Vegas's system...in that their is no level scaling (maybe except the DLC). If you go to a Deathclaw layer at Level 3, you die...but at least your allowed to go into that area. At least you are allowed a high level weapon if you pick one up instead of the idiotic scaling the Elder Scrolls have. Then there is the grinding...I am actually GRINDING IN A WRPG!!!! Wow. Nevermind that the XP system in Fallout kills the Elder Scrolls system, and takes the grind out of the game. Hell, I actually am rewarded for doing quests because I get XP....in Skyrim I get something crappy at best...oh neat an outdated sword...wow. Yawn. The enemy variety also sucks...wow. I bet there are less monster types than Oblivion. Nevermind most of the dungeons have the exact same problem as before...they all look the same, especially the Burrows. Hell if they are going to look the same, at least make them have a unique feature... And really, the game hasn't improved very much over Oblivion, thats the biggest flaw an dreally the only things going for it is the scenary, the sounds, and the music. And now that its critically acclaimed, has ton of GOTY awards, and may very well be the best selling RPG ever.....FFVII loses its throne to Skyrim as the most overrated RPG ever made.
#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10303 posts) -

f54077331a524d19a7cf5b6.jpg.

#3 Posted by madsnakehhh (14853 posts) -

Reviwers were impressed with the scale of the game, so they didn't mind for all the flaws the game has.

#4 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

still a better game then witcher 2

#5 Posted by Pray_to_me (2999 posts) -

New Vegas is garbage and I saw your agenda as soon as you mentioned it.

#6 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

Chris_Williams
No, it is not..... The Witcher 2 EE has a fantastic story and characters which Skyrim lacks.

Reviwers were impressed with the scale of the game, so they didn't mind for all the flaws the game has.

madsnakehhh
New Vegas had scale too, but it also had stronger narratives with the scale.
#7 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
Everything about that post is wrong. Or just opinion. Either way it deserves the praise it gets. Never had a game breaking bug while I played (starting from release)
#8 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

New Vegas is garbage and I saw your agenda as soon as you mentioned it.

Pray_to_me
Better than Skyrim...at least New Vegas has good writing and a smart leveling system, and choices that matter, and better characters, and.....
#9 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -
Skyrim is fantastic. One of my favorite games ever.
#10 Posted by fueled-system (6326 posts) -

New Vegas was near unplayable when a file reached 10mb in size though when it was released. It deserved all of the complaints

#11 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

You_ecf8d3_1531441.jpg

Game of the Year 2011.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over it.

#13 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

You_ecf8d3_1531441.jpg

Game of the Year 2011.

Vaasman
Sorry but Portal 2 is better...it has less flaws.
#14 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

I agree, it's a very overrated game. It's just oblivion with nicer graphics and dragons.

Most of the bugs and flaws in Oblivion weren't fixed. The only noticeable improvement was the physics.

Morrowind was a noteable leap forward after Daggerfall and Oblivion was a noteable leap Foward after Morrowind. Skyrim isn't that much of an improvement. It feels like practically the same game as Oblivion. That's why it's not worth the purchase.

#15 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Game of the Year 2011.

texasgoldrush

Sorry but Portal 2 is better...it has less flaws.

That isn't what gamespot said.

#16 Posted by WithoutGraceXII (1797 posts) -
Little late to the party; this has been discussed to death. In the eyes of many (gamers and reviewers) the good outweighs the bad.
#17 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

New Vegas was near unplayable when a file reached 10mb in size though when it was released. It deserved all of the complaints

fueled-system
Skyrim had save corruption as well, so did Oblivion.
#18 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

Yeah, pretty damn overrated. I can look past a good chunk of the flaws but the numerous bugs and repetitive dungeon/cave design really hurts the experience for me.

#19 Posted by groverslanding (952 posts) -

Really bad for PS3 owners. Amazing game for everyone else.

#20 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

Really bad for PS3 owners. Amazing game for everyone else.

groverslanding
No, only good for PC players...they get to mod the game and "fix" it. Hell, we get hi res texture pack.
#21 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

Nengo_Flow

Brilliant.

#22 Posted by Slashless (9514 posts) -

Well, new Vegas is better than anything and everything so you have a point there, but you're a Mass Effect fan and what Skyrim does wrong so does Mass Effect.

Glitches? Check.

Bad animation? Check.

Weak Combat? Check.

Not to mention the fact that at least Skyrim has fun exploration, variety in gameplay, and some RPG mechanics, three things Ferris Buellered in Mass Effect.

#23 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Kingdoms of Amalur has a huge map, limitless sidequests, better visuals on consoles, runs very well on consoles, and has a dramatically better combat system, but KoA got 7 and 8s and Skyrim got 9s and 10s.

I dont understand it.

#24 Posted by AdobeArtist (22999 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

SaltyMeatballs

Brilliant.

I approve this image :D

#25 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

Kingdoms of Amalur has a huge map, limitless sidequests, better visuals on consoles, runs very well on consoles, and has a dramatically better combat system, but KoA got 7 and 8s and Skyrim got 9s and 10s.

I dont understand it.

crimsonman1245

KoA is also a total cakewalk with incredibly boring sidequests and level design and no atmosphere or identity.

#26 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

I dont understand it.

Vaasman

KoA is also a total cakewalk with incredibly boring sidequests and level design and no atmosphere or identity.

and so does Skyrim
#27 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -
Cool story, bro.
#28 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -
[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

I dont understand it.

texasgoldrush

and so does Skyrim

lol. Complete bullocks.
#29 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

I dont understand it.

texasgoldrush

and so does Skyrim

Well you're wrong but I will respect your ability to be wrong.

#30 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

Well, new Vegas is better than anything and everything so you have a point there, but you're a Mass Effect fan and what Skyrim does wrong so does Mass Effect.

Glitches? Check.

Bad animation? Check.

Weak Combat? Check.

Not to mention the fact that at least Skyrim has fun exploration, variety in gameplay, and some RPG mechanics, three things Ferris Buellered in Mass Effect.

Slashless
Glitches, but no plot stoppers. Weak combat, not weak in 3. Weak in ME1? yes...but improved in later games. And Skyrim had from from variety in gameplay.
#31 Posted by Slashless (9514 posts) -

Glitches, but no plot stoppers.texasgoldrush

You didn't even need a glitch for that, Bioware did it for you at the end of ME3.

#32 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]KoA is also a total cakewalk with incredibly boring sidequests and level design and no atmosphere or identity.Stevo_the_gamer
and so does Skyrim

lol. Complete bullocks.

and they made the civil war quests broing...please they were simple kill them all quests.....nevermind its identity is ripped from LOTR...Whiterun is Rohan. All it has is atmosphere. Hell, KOA has a STRONGER story.
#33 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and they made the civil war quests broing...please they were simple kill them all quests.....nevermind its identity is ripped from LOTR...Whiterun is Rohan. All it has is atmosphere. Hell, KOA has a STRONGER story.

lol
#34 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Glitches, but no plot stoppers.Slashless

You didn't even need a glitch for that, Bioware did it for you at the end of ME3.

No, its that fans can't accept bittersweet endings.
#35 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6722 posts) -

Chris_Williams
Um, don't think so...
#36 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slashless"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Glitches, but no plot stoppers.texasgoldrush

lol. Stop. My side hurts. xD
#37 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Yea it has its flaws but I still love the game, but I guess haters are gonna hate.

#38 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and they made the civil war quests broing...please they were simple kill them all quests.....nevermind its identity is ripped from LOTR...Whiterun is Rohan. All it has is atmosphere. Hell, KOA has a STRONGER story.

lol

and what is so strong about Skyrims writting? Its strocious. KOA doesn't have good writing but its better than Skyrim. The lol is for those stupid civil war quests or ever boring go into the dungeon and fetch me something quests.
#39 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

We just wanted a ending that mades sense and wasn't filled with plot holes.

#40 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Yes that must be it.

#41 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43199 posts) -
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and they made the civil war quests broing...please they were simple kill them all quests.....nevermind its identity is ripped from LOTR...Whiterun is Rohan. All it has is atmosphere. Hell, KOA has a STRONGER story.

lol

and what is so strong about Skyrims writting? Its strocious. KOA doesn't have good writing but its better than Skyrim. The lol is for those stupid civil war quests or ever boring go into the dungeon and fetch me something quests.

lol. You're jumping all over the place. This is gold.
#42 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Slashless"]

Gibsonsg527

not showing you something =/= plot holes Hell, TW2's ending was in the same boat...had to be fixed as well because of clarity and closure was lacking.
#43 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, its that fans can't accept bittersweet endings.texasgoldrush

not showing you something =/= plot holes Hell, TW2's ending was in the same boat...had to be fixed as well because of clarity and closure was lacking.

"A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story'splot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

Look at me I'm quoting wikipedia and no one can stop me.

#44 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]lolStevo_the_gamer

lol. You're jumping all over the place. This is gold.

No, I am not, read my first post again. Face it, Skyrim is badly flawed and lacks an identity.
#45 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"] We just wanted a ending that mades sense and wasn't filled with plot holes.

Vaasman

"Aplot hole, orplothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow oflogicestablished by the story'splot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

and you cannot prove that ME3 has any.
#46 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9877 posts) -
i don't know what's wrong with Skyrim exactly but it sure is boring
#47 Posted by Vaasman (11726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] not showing you something =/= plot holes Hell, TW2's ending was in the same boat...had to be fixed as well because of clarity and closure was lacking.texasgoldrush

"Aplot hole, orplothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow oflogicestablished by the story'splot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

I'm not even going to bother going down this road again.

Instead I'll just laugh and shake my head and hope maybe Bioware finally cuts you that check so you will stop talking.

#48 Posted by Slashless (9514 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slashless"]

You're right. Which ending did you choose? Must've been difficult, they're all amazing colors.
#49 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -
i don't know what's wrong with Skyrim exactly but it sure is boringGunSmith1_basic
Its the leveling system...and teh fact that you have to GRIND in a single player WRPG.
#50 Posted by texasgoldrush (9396 posts) -

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]"Aplot hole, orplothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow oflogicestablished by the story'splot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

Vaasman

I'm not even going to bother going down this road again.

Instead I'll just laugh and shake my head and hope maybe Bioware finally cuts you that check so you will stop talking.

prove it then....