strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

Skull and Bones gets a 7/10 from IGN. Personally I give it a 9/10. The game is not that hand holdy; basically I would describe it as Morrowind only with ships. Some reviews say the resource gathering is badly done. I say they are a nice change of pace. I love how deep and confusing the game can be. I disagree with Dreamcast guy that the game is no fun. I don’t even watch negative reviews anymore because I wind up disagreeing with them.

How do you feel about Skull and Bones? Solidgamebasic what are you going to do with Skull and Bones since you pretty much play everything under the sun?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

If I want to play a pirate game I will just play black flag never thought much of skull and bones always thought it was dead on arrival.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

Looks really boring. I wouldn't play it.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 strategyfn

@robert_sparkes said:

If I want to play a pirate game I will just play black flag never thought much of skull and bones always thought it was dead on arrival.

I never got to the ship gameplay in Blackflag. The map seems pretty big in Skull and Bones. I do not know if Blackflag had a big map.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

@Litchie said:

All of the concepts are designed around grinding and incremental updates.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

All of the concepts are designed around grinding and incremental updates.

Sounds awesome. So I pay around 70 bucks for a boring game, which I then have to brainlessly grind, and then unlock more game by paying even more? Gee wiz, it's the deal of a lifetime. Glad someone out there creates such a quadruple A masterpiece.

Or I can just play fun games without bullshit. Yeah, I'll probably go with that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52447 Posts

Played it last week. Should really have been F2P. It's so bland. Not even the naval combat is as fun as AC's.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I was expecting much lower TBH.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2253 Posts

Better than expected actually, just got a Ubisoft subscription to play avatar and prince of Persia, so will probably check it out at some point!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10493 Posts

watched fightin cowboy my fromsoft guy play it when the first copies were given out last week. think he was about 20+ hours in at that point and was absolutely ripping the gameplay loop to bits. he's a very honest and outspoken guy. he was so critical i thought he might not now get another freebie from ubi but he did the same to fc6 and continued to get copies so...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

Considering it's troubled development, the fact it's not a dumpster fire is pretty surprising. Could be something special down the line after updates and player feedback.

Allways online is kind of a deal breaker for me though.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@pelvist: A 7/10 Ubisoft is more like a 4/10.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mozelleple112

@freedomfreak: Exactly. The Ubisoft standard lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Ubisoft are so bland they aren't even worth hating anymore. Just sad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@Macutchi said:

watched fightin cowboy my fromsoft guy play it when the first copies were given out last week. think he was about 20+ hours in at that point and was absolutely ripping the gameplay loop to bits. he's a very honest and outspoken guy. he was so critical i thought he might not now get another freebie from ubi but he did the same to fc6 and continued to get copies so...

Do you happen to have an interesting part from that video because it seems to be a really long stream :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Litchie said:

Yup

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10493 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: sorry no, it was me just randomly browsing youtube when i spotted his stream. he was trying to figure out a pretty serious glitch because he couldn't progress when i opened the vid. think he ended up resorting to some really hacky solution to force the game out of it and allow him to continue.

remember him saying something along the lines of, in terms of empire building, it was like creating door dash. you make all these trade routes but then youre the only who can use them to collect the treasure (not your crew mates or allies), so you have to go do all the deliveries yourself (or something like that). i'm paraphrasing obviously, and butchering it, but it was from around that bit that i started watching. then lots of general deconstructing about the specifics of the grinding and repetitive nature of the loop

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44343 Posts

Decent. Ship combat does look pretty fun. Not something I’d buy Day One mind you but something I could see myself getting at a discount.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

It'd be a 9/10 if it were a PS5 exclusive!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39317 Posts

This is Duke Nukem Forever level of failure.

Loading Video...
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Litchie

They could probably have made around 6 more quality Rayman games with the time and budget they put into this crap.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 949 Posts

You work for Ubisoft or somethin?

I mean, you went your way to show us the IGN review on a site that gave it a 4/10. Not only that but you declared this pos game as a 9/10, lol. Damage control is all this thread sounds like

You sound kinda sus... probably a ubi employee in disguise

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hardwenzen

This is another perfect example where the social media is excellent at absolutely demolishing shit games. When the game looks like shit, or is heavily flawed like Starfield,, its over, the game will have so much hate surrounding it, that it has no chance of succeeding, especially when its a live service title. That's good. You wouldn't have seen this in 2007.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Played it last week. Should really have been F2P. It's so bland. Not even the naval combat is as fun as AC's.

Well that's a hard pass from me and they are charging $70 for it..Quad AAAA game..lmao

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By strategyfn
@vatususreturns said:

I mean, you went your way to show us the IGN review on a site that gave it a 4/10. Not only that but you declared this pos game as a 9/10, lol. Damage control is all this thread sounds like

You idiot. I had this thread up before the gamespot review. Embarrass yourself somemore.

And that goes for everyone in here who is judging something they haven’t played.

Hell you don’t see me saying Zelda, and Metroid suck even though I think it because I haven’t played them.

I am playing it on PS5, maybe the PC version is flawed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hardwenzen
@strategyfn said:
@vatususreturns said:

You idiot. I had this thread up before the gamespot review. Embarrass yourself somemore.

And that goes for everyone in here who is judging something they haven’t played.

Hell you don’t see me saying Zelda, and Metroid suck even though I think it because I haven’t played them.

Come on. This is so weak. Do i need to taste, or even smell a pile of shit to know that its shit in a pile? We don't live in the 90's, information about every game is everywhere. While i didn't play it, thousands of reviewers and content creators have, and they're all calling it beyond abysmal. The "you haven't played it, so you can't criticize" it bullshit is just a way of coping against the criticism. This whole forum was telling me just that during the Halo Infinite days, and i, someone who hasn't even played its singleplayer portion, was the one that was right all along, and when the honeymoon period has ended, unless you were a hardcore lem, you admitted that the game was meh at best. If you have a pair of eyes and a brain, you can very easily tell if a certain game has potential, or if its a dumpster fire. Skull N Bones is just that, a massive dumpster fire. Its good news, tho, Ubisoft needs to fire all these shitty higher ups that have plagued all their games for over 10 years, and reboot the studio just like what Capcom did around 2016.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mozelleple112

@uninspiredcup:

Quiz:

Q1: When did Ubisoft become bad

Q2: When did it become sad to hate them?

Q1: I think sometime around 2010 with AC brotherhood. The last good Ubisoft game was Assassin's Creed II. Before that they had Splinter cell trilogy, PoP, and a few other good games.

Q2: I'm thinking around 2023 with the release of Mirage.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mozelleple112

Gamespot award's the game a 4/10.

Wow. A fair review for a Ubisoft game. I wonder if this actually means its a 2/10.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 strategyfn

@hardwenzen said:
@strategyfn said:
@vatususreturns said:

Come on. This is so weak. Do i need to taste, or even smell a pile of shit to know that its shit in a pile? We don't live in the 90's, information about every game is everywhere. While i didn't play it, thousands of reviewers and content creators have, and they're all calling it beyond abysmal. The "you haven't played it, so you can't criticize" it bullshit is just a way of coping against the criticism. This whole forum was telling me just that during the Halo Infinite days, and i, someone who hasn't even played its singleplayer portion, was the one that was right all along, and when the honeymoon period has ended, unless you were a hardcore lem, you admitted that the game was meh at best. If you have a pair of eyes and a brain, you can very easily tell if a certain game has potential, or if its a dumpster fire. Skull N Bones is just that, a massive dumpster fire. Its good news, tho, Ubisoft needs to fire all these shitty higher ups that have plagued all their games for over 10 years, and reboot the studio just like what Capcom did around 2016.

If Skull and Bones is so bad, why does it have, as of yesterday, a majority 40% 5 star rating on the PS Store among 3500 customers with 29% giving it 1 star. I have heard other people love it as much as me on YouTube.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@strategyfn said:
@hardwenzen said:
@strategyfn said:
@vatususreturns said:

If Skull and Bones is so bad, why does it have, as of yesterday, a majority 40% 5 star rating on the PS Store among 3500 customers with 29% giving it 1 star. I have heard other people love it as much as me on YouTube.

The same reason Starfield won the most innovative game award during the Steam awards🤣

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Duke Nukem was hyped and hyped again, so many articles about its long and drawn out development cycle.

I swear Skull & Bones is just a pretty weak pirate game. It'll be forgotten next week, and it won't make many "worst of the year lists" because way too many people will have a hard time remembering this game.

I'm not hating on OP, I'm not hating on strategyfn for liking a game. Some of the game mechanics do seem well made. Hey you can have an animal on the ship and that's always fun. If you want to play a game that makes you feel like a pirate and one with good graphics this one is in fact an option.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Duke Nukem was hyped and hyped again, so many articles about its long and drawn out development cycle.

If they released a top notch Duke3D type game today, wouldn't really matter. Game journos would go after it. Already trying to re-write history by pretending Duke3D isn't one of the greatest FPS ever made.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 strategyfn

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm not hating on OP, I'm not hating on strategyfn for liking a game.

I am a big boy, I can take it. But thank you for being fair and leaning towards neutrality.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k

@strategyfn said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I am a big boy, I can take it. But thank you for being fair and leaning towards neutrality.

I made a thread about liking Avatar late last year, it made me feel pretty lonely :p

If you can enjoy a game that's obviously not for a lot of people, it should make you feel stronger about being able to like niche things in this world. Which is a good quality.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@strategyfn said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't you worry, we all like shit games from time to time. I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 while literally everyone was bashing it, so there's that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

If they released a top notch Duke3D type game today, wouldn't really matter. Game journos would go after it. Already trying to re-write history by pretending Duke3D isn't one of the greatest FPS ever made.

Do yourself a favor and play the real Duke Nukem forever:

Loading Video...

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

Skull&Bones? More like Woke&Trash.

@strategyfn: Aren't you the same guy who also liked SSKTJL and didn't care how badly that game was received?

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 strategyfn

@R4gn4r0k said:
@strategyfn said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I made a thread about liking Avatar late last year, it made me feel pretty lonely :p

If you can enjoy a game that's obviously not for a lot of people, it should make you feel stronger about being able to like niche things in this world. Which is a good quality.

I played Avatar Pandora, I thought the whole residential school thing at the start was kind-of cheesy. I didn’t get very far in the outside but the game has potential. That reminds me I should give it another shot since I own it.

My second favourite game of all time P.T.O. II scored like an 6.8 here and I think that game is awesome.

Here is how I rate games: Any game I like ( which is highly probably well made) gets an 8 or 9. A spectacular game gets a 10. If I rate a game a seven it already has flaws that spoil the fun. A 4 for me would already be close to an unplayable game.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 strategyfn

@palasta said:

Skull&Bones? More like Woke&Trash.

@strategyfn: Aren't you the same guy who also liked SSKTJL and didn't care how badly that game was received?

What does SSKTJL stand for?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

I heard it's more of a cargo shipping sim than a piracy ship sim.

In either case, doesn't seem all that interesting.

AAAA my ass.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

Gotta love what's happening with Ubi. Their last AssCreed vanished from everyone's vocabilary within a few days, so i imagine it sold like trash, and asscreed is usually their money maker. FC6 was a massive disaster that sold like trash. That Prince of Persia that they thought its OK to charge $50 for something that shouldn't have been more than $19.99 bombed as well. That avatar game exploded and nobody bought that generic shitshow of a video game. Skull N Bones is Skull N Bones, no need to add anything else. Makes me wonder for how long they'll be able to go with this kind of track record.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mozelleple112

@R4gn4r0k: Avatar: FoP is worth it for the graphics alone. I honestly do not care how bad or generic it is.

But I am waiting for a Steam or GamePass release though. I aint buying on EGS.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@Mozelleple112 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Avatar: FoP is worth it for the graphics alone. I honestly do not care how bad or generic it is.

But I am waiting for a Steam or GamePass release though. I aint buying on EGS.

Even if you buy on Steam you will still be stuck with the Ubisoft connect launcher.

In fact buying on EGS means activating once and you won't have to ever launch through EGS again, so it's a superior solution than buying from Steam.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

Not only a dumpster fire gameplay wise, but technically as well. A true 4/10 video game, just like Redfall.

Loading Video...
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8250 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

It'd be a 9/10 if it were a PS5 exclusive!

lol, i honestly try not to subscribe to that logic but I bought Helldivers 2 about a week ago and haven't been able to play much due to server issues and etc..

hopefully all that's fully resolved soon but i can only wonder if it would have still received a 9/10 if it was an Xbox title and had those issues.. 🤔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

Game running in 720p in performance mode, same as Black Flag over 10 years ago, two generations behind. Is it just me, or simply hearing this is real pathetic? I have an 8K logo on the ps5 box, and game is running at a resolution from generations ago. What in the ****.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

It's got a low score on meta. I'm hoping they remake ac black flag. It was a great pirate video game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Skull & Bones proves yet again that a corporate asshat can open their mouth and let any amount garbage nonsense fall out.

Quadruple-A is the stupidest joke I've heard in a while. Looks like the same broken shit we've seen from Ubi for the last decade, only this time it seems even more limited in functionality than I expected. Wow.

There is a strong negative correlation between budget size and fun. Like clockwork.