SITE REBUILD THOUGHTS OR QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FIRST!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#401 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

@DanteSuikoden said:

@Zaibach:

Eh, my point still stands. It's just a site and all of us will get over it within a month.

you had a point? lol if it was just a 'site' GS would have never had to change a damn thing but fact is this 'system wars' is big ad revenue money for the internet traffic it generates.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

I literally can not get to the forum list from the main page. The community button does not work and freezes the site.

I have to google system wars to get here. There are only so many times I am going to do this before I just stop coming to the site.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

System Wars sucks on mobile. Its impossible to have the fullsite on your cellphone now. Is anyone else having this problem? Theres also no way to change the color scheme on mobile. What happened to the fullsite button?

JVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#404 JVII
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

Were personal game ratings and tracked games deleted? Where can I locate them if they are still present?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#405 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Willy105 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I can't help but think this site design was mainly to save bandwith for poor spot.

It made sense for GB being a poor startup site funded by excomunicatred GS review staff, but here it's just weird.

What parts of these site reduce bandwidth compared to the previous one?

no clue I'm not a web designer or anything, i'd just imagine the lack of gifs and sigs might in some way attritbute to the use of bandwith for the site.

Ironically this boards slower than it's ever been barebones as it is, I never had a problem with them before and it's sad that this change had to take place, atleast it was Neogaf in it's posting rules before aside from alllowing a larger fanboy response, now it's so sterile and ugly, all the personality has been sucked away from this now lifeless board.

Having some experience in web design myself, this always gave me a chuckle. They cried over large gifs in people's sigs and stuff because it 'uses bandwidth' even though it doesnt at all because it's hosted somewhere else. My imgur profile is the one getting the hits, not GS. Now, in the ultimate irony, GS is taking all the bandwidth....they reduce the website to a shell of its former self and now it's as slow as browsing on dialup....and having GS host every single image posted on the forums is not helping

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#406 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It's quite an achievement to create a site that looks uglier than old GameSpot.

While there are significant "under-the-hood" improvements to the site, particularly with regards to posting, the overall design, look, and feel of the site is ugly.

And what's with no signatures?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#407  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

There used to be a way to go directly to your last post in a thread. I can't seem to do this anymore. I can imagine how bad this will be in a really active thread. Searching through dozens of posts seems counterproductive.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
@heretrix said:

There used to be a way to go directly to your last post in a thread. I can't seem to do this anymore. I can imagine how bad this will be in a really active thread. Searching through dozens of posts seems counterproductive.

Yeah, it's seriously a pain. It took a special kind of Durdeedur to make the site the way it is right now.

It's almost like they weren't thinking, wait that must be it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@heretrix said:

That red arrow at the end of a thread title does this....you might need a microscope to see it.

What also sucks is not being able to see if there's new posts in a thread (and how many)

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#410 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@heretrix said:

That red arrow at the end of a thread title does this....you might need a microscope to see it.

What also sucks is not being able to see if there's new posts in a thread (and how many)

Yep I forgot that

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@heretrix said:

The arrow takes you to THE last post in a thread, not YOUR last post in a thread....But yeah, it's sad that a design practically a decade old has better functionality than this new one. I don't hate the new design, but it is a bit of a pain in the ass to navigate the forums (pretty much the only reason I come here).,.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I love the new forums. I can shrink the window down and not have to do crazy horizontal scrolling. Perfect for when I'm at work.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Senor_Kami said:

I love the new forums. I can shrink the window down and not have to do crazy horizontal scrolling. Perfect for when I'm at work.

I never noticed that before. That's actually pretty cool.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

so no emoticons now ?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#415  Edited By Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I am only just getting notifications for things that happened way back on page 4 loooooooooooooooool

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#416 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm getting used to the new layout now and starting to like it more. Seems like it was designed with smart phones in mind, because the site is much quicker and easier to navigate on my smart phone than it was before.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

@simo7mate said:

Question, are all the old threads diminished forever, or have they been archived? And my post count has been reset completely, is it possible to get my old post count back? :c

Edit: I can't change my avatar either. When I click "select image" nothing happens.

LOL

I accidentally logged into "simo7mate" which I didnt even know existed.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#418 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Wait a second...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#419 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@starjet905 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

When are we gonna be able (if at all) have the option to see other peoples sigs. There's "show sigs option and hide sigs option", if we can only see our own sigs then what's that point of having one at all?

Wait, we can only see our sigs when we enable sigs in settings?

I was wondering why I didn't see any sigs today.

What the hell is even the point of a sig if only we can see it?

It's a stupid concept, I like to think it's a "bug" but knowing GS this is how GS is gonna look like from now on, like a pos website that downgraded just for the sake of pleasing people who look at this site on 56k modems (which I doubt in this day and age) and on cell phones.

I'd like to meet the person(s) who redesigned this site cause I'd like to introduce them to actual web designers and not some crappy half grad who flunked.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

This just sucks, my hat's missing it's top half.

edit: it looks a little better here, but damnit these restrictions suck something major.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#421  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

Did they just make the stickies darker in color or is it just me?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Slashkice said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Did they just make the stickies darker in color or is it just me?

That, and they added page numbers to threads. I think it's an improvement.

Welcomed improvement, indeed! Now we need just a number of new posts indicator, and make it so longer usernames aren't cut off and we might be golden.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By Xaero_Gravity

They're improving it at a surprisingly quick rate. Granted these things should have been standard to begin with, but it's good to see regardless of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I haven't found anything positive about the site change yet, that's not even exaggerating either

• It's slower, I though it would at least be faster (possibly get better as time goes)
  • Videos don't load
  • No sigs, even when you go to edit it's just a simple pic now and I can't link through it
  • Can't go to MY last post
  • Can't check if a thread I posted in has new posts
  • Forums are harder to read
  • no emoticons. This might not seem like much but it makes threads just huge walls of text instead of breaking it up or personalising it

I'm sure some of these will change over time but it's just been disappointing so far. I haven't been coming here even half as much as before since the change because it's too cumbersome to sift through

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Xaero_Gravity

@seanmcloughlin said:

I haven't found anything positive about the site change yet, that's not even exaggerating either

• It's slower, I though it would at least be faster (possibly get better as time goes)
  • Videos don't load
  • No sigs
  • no emoticons. This might not seem like much but it makes threads just huge walls of text instead of breaking it up or personalising it

I'm sure some of these will change over time but it's just been disappointing so far. I haven't been coming here even half as much as before since the change because it's too cumbersome to sift through

Inb4YouJustHateChange:'(

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@seanmcloughlin said:

• Videos don't load
  • No sigs

Videos don't load--do you by chance have adblocker installed?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Why the hell would that even be a problem?!

Is Gamespot TRYING to be anti user?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By Ballroompirate

@seanmcloughlin said:

• Videos don't load
  • No sigs, even when you go to edit it's just a simple pic now and I can't link through it

I agree on all counts, hell as each day goes by I find my self coming here less and less cause how bad the changes are and I'm not even talking about the new ToU which I don't even care anymore (just gonna watch what I say) , the new site changes are just ******* terrible.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By Lumpy311

@Ballroompirate: I really wish this place hadn't changed, i really like the people in here and most are just gonna go inactive and not post anymore.

Sucks.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

• Videos don't load

I agree on all counts, hell as each day goes by I find my self coming here less and less cause how bad the changes are and I'm not even talking about the new ToU which I don't even care anymore (just gonna watch what I say) , the new site changes are just ******* terrible.

Vids are loading just fine for me, and I'm using adblocker with Chrome.

Everything else is total Shite I agree. I really hate the new Signature and avatar restrictions.

ManInFlames-77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#432 ManInFlames-77
Member since 2013 • 300 Posts

GS should pull a Halo and allow users to switch between the Current forum design and the classic design.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 Lumpy311
@maninflames-77 said:

GS should pull a Halo and allow users to switch between the Current forum design and the classic design.

Good idea.

People would like that, so they can't do it, tough.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#434 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Love the new look. Just need to get over the new site issues.

Wish the stacks worked, I don't see an input/select that controls template.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#435  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

To those asking about videos not loading, it's a bug with ad-blocker. They're working on fixing it.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Everything else is total Shite I agree. I really hate the new Signature and avatar restrictions.

What avatar restrictions?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Lumpy311
@harry_james_pot said:

To those asking about videos not loading, it's a bug with ad-blocker. They're working on fixing it.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 ReadingRainbow4

@harry_james_pot:

@harry_james_pot said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I guess they've always been there but something about the new site layout seems to be cutting off my images that were before perfectly sized to fit.

tomtalk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#438  Edited By tomtalk24
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Search is rubbish. When I search a game I want to see reviews, user reviews, videos and spec links as a result. Not just one category. Designs nice but don't over do the "user friendliness" of it all.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 Lumpy311

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@harry_james_pot:

@harry_james_pot said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I guess they've always been there but something about the new site layout seems to be cutting off my images that were before perfectly sized to fit.

Goddamnit.

Macho Man's hat cuts off just like your avatar's.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22549 Posts

@IgGy621985: No, not that I know of or not an official one anyway, but the standard web browser on Android handles the site much better now. Thank God...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

• Videos don't load
  • No sigs

Videos don't load--do you by chance have adblocker installed?

I did and thought that was the cause so I got rid of it to try but even without it they don't load, just a black screen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Ballroompirate said:

Yep, you can see right now that thread post counts have dropped hugely over the last few days. It will likely pick up though but for now I just haven't found anythinig that made me go "Oh yeah this is much better" it's eben worse on all fronts for me personally and it's driven me away from the site more than anything

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Ballroompirate

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Yep, you can see right now that thread post counts have dropped hugely over the last few days. It will likely pick up though but for now I just haven't found anythinig that made me go "Oh yeah this is much better" it's eben worse on all fronts for me personally and it's driven me away from the site more than anything

Honestly I don't see this site picking up again, GS seriously fubard this site with the re design. This was the last straw for a lot of people cause not only is the site worse looking but the staff is still crap and even worse than before (lol at the Infinite and LoL "2nd opinion reviews"). The community is what made GS a likable site but now they've took away almost all of the features on the site that brought the community together.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By Lumpy311

Off topic question: Should i use Hulk Hogan's leg drop for a sig or Macho Man's elbow drop? Or both?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Ballroompirate said:

Honestly I don't see this site picking up again, GS seriously fubard this site with the re design. This was the last straw for a lot of people cause not only is the site worse looking but the staff is still crap and even worse than before (lol at the Infinite and LoL "2nd opinion reviews"). The community is what made GS a likable site but now they've took away almost all of the features on the site that brought the community together.

It's still too early on to guage how those reviews and second opinions will turn out, it's either gonna do something new and unique to here that people sort of like about it or it's gonna totally botch the whole system with people saying "This score doesn't count I'll wait for the eventual second opinion in a few months" and no one will take the reviews seriously anymore

It could help some games but in the case of Infinite it was just dumb. McShea seems to be all over the place lately

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 Ballroompirate

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

It's still too early on to guage how those reviews and second opinions will turn out, it's either gonna do something new and unique to here that people sort of like about it or it's gonna totally botch the whole system with people saying "This score doesn't count I'll wait for the eventual second opinion in a few months" and no one will take the reviews seriously anymore

It could help some games but in the case of Infinite it was just dumb. McShea seems to be all over the place lately

It doesn't get more botched with the 2nd opinion on reviews than it is right now. You got Tom who doesn't know when to turn off the trolling he does (seriously I hope he doesn't get paid for the crap he does), then you got the League of Legends 2nd opinion review for a game that came out in 2009 (which btw GS gave LoL a 6 back then), which just screams brown nosing from GS trying to get ad money from Riot who's rolling HAM in the esport scene.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#447 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

I think the site looks too similar to GiantBomb. I miss the old layout

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

It doesn't get more botched with the 2nd opinion on reviews than it is right now. You got Tom who doesn't know when to turn off the trolling he does (seriously I hope he doesn't get paid for the crap he does), then you got the League of Legends 2nd opinion review for a game that came out in 2009 (which btw GS gave LoL a 6 back then), which just screams brown nosing from GS trying to get ad money from Riot who's rolling HAM in the esport scene.

I actually really love the second opinion now being offered, it's one of the only positives that have come from this new site so far. Hopefully this will be one of the changes in place to put the rediculous meta-game to bed, as fun as it was to rub in lems faces it was just moronic most the time.

Scores shouldn't matter, it's the content of the review that's the meat and potatoes.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4:

I like the 2nd opinion idea cause the only magazine I've actually cared for with reviews that used the system was GI. So far they've really fubard/misused this whole 2nd opinion/review thing with Infinite and LoL.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

I like the 2nd opinion idea cause the only magazine I've actually cared for with reviews that used the system was GI. So far they've really fubard/misused this whole 2nd opinion/review thing with Infinite and LoL.

Yeah I used to Like EGM which also used it. it's going to be interesting watching Carolyn throw a sexist swing on every game that contains females.

I actually agree in the context of infinite being a disappointing game, but a 4.0's just hilarious I mean the games not broken it's just not all that amazing. It felt incredibly average to me so I rested on a 6.0 under the new system. It does however have alot of contradicitons within it's plot and the gameplay was nothing to write home about but a 4.0, That's like if the game was a broken mess. lol, Tom definitely was looking to piss some fans off with that one.

I want to see Vanords take on The last of us, or a revisiting.