SITE REBUILD THOUGHTS OR QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FIRST!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I'm missing about 2K posts...

Is it from Unions getting removed?

#152 Posted by clyde46 (47839 posts) -

@Lance2500 said:

@clyde46 said:

Really? Is that the reason? Also, why am I not in the "Top Posters" section? >:(

#153 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Lance2500 said:

@clyde46 said:

Really? Is that the reason? Also, why am I not in the "Top Posters" section? >:(

I've just assumed it is from Unions getting removed.

#154 Edited by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2145 posts) -

Is there any hope for the font sizes/spacing in the forum topic titles list getting reduced?

#155 Posted by Pray_to_me (3132 posts) -

GS web devs had 17 years to get it right this is a flop

#156 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2145 posts) -

I also just noticed that my nickname, and that of a few others doesn't display fully. Was there really a need for that?

#157 Posted by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

I mostly post here through mobile, but I always use the full site version. Why isn't that possible anymore? I can't set it to full nor can I change the color to black. Please change it back!

#158 Edited by edidili (3449 posts) -

When snapped at 50% at the side the forum looks bad too. Looks like they rushed this out for some reason even though it wasn't ready.

#159 Posted by Zassimick (7394 posts) -

This time a problem with the mobile site: when looking at topics on a board I can't see who the thread creator is. That stinks.

#160 Posted by kairikh (1387 posts) -

it feels....really mainstream....but the way things are set up kind of makes me want to read more without dreading it as much for some weird reason. So much text at once ._.

#161 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

hurry up and get here soon, private messages.

#162 Posted by sonny2dap (1282 posts) -

change for the sake of change with no appreciable benefit, unless things are to be fleshed out and we will see the benefit in the near future?

#163 Posted by freedomfreak (44544 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Metacritic is the standard.

#164 Posted by Ballroompirate (23870 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Metacritic is the standard.

I'd give this new site a 4/10

#165 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26630 posts) -

I just wish I could change my avatar already.

#166 Posted by freedomfreak (44544 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I'd give this new site a 4/10

Nobody gives a shit about your TLOU-8.0-givin' ass >:(

#167 Edited by Brainkiller05 (28954 posts) -

I think it looks cool

It's my first time posting for a while/being on the forums in a while, and if I really did manage to make 28k posts then that is quite depressing lol

i hope that is a glitch

#168 Edited by 001011000101101 (4196 posts) -

This will take a long time to get used to...

#169 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43333 posts) -

Site is super slick. Got some rough edges but I like it. I only wish the forums had a centered layout with margin space on the left and right. A post should not stretch from end to end on my 22" monitor.

#170 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@Brainkiller05 said:

I think it looks cool

It's my first time posting for a while/being on the forums in a while, and if I really did manage to make 28k posts then that is quite depressing lol

i hope that is a glitch

You think like 70% of useable screen space looks cool?

#171 Edited by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

Bring back user levels and GIFs.

Use the space on the right, so that people with long usernames have their usernames fully visible under their avatars, and for goodness' sake, centre all of this stuff instead of hugging the left side of my monitor.

#172 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22728 posts) -

new site layout is god aweful. Also way to whore out Tom Mchea by having him do extra reviews for already reviewed games. I know his stuff gets alot of clicks but you should try to be somewhat subtle

#173 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Ok, bring back the unread posts counter, I'm not remembering which number I my post was....

#174 Edited by bobbetybob (19307 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Ok, bring back the unread posts counter, I'm not remembering which number I my post was....

Yeah I dislike that, the little >> next to the post title seems to be working now though which is good. Also what's the point of having a view counter? Has anyone ever cared about that on a forum ever?

#175 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

Not impressed, even ignoring what people say about appearance, a lot of basic functionality is missing.

#176 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

@bobbetybob: I know I never cared for it.

#177 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

Awful awful site, the final nail in the already well nailed coffin, no one has any identity. Yeah I know your GS overlords are watching, I want them to know that this is the beginning of the end for these forums.

#178 Posted by ArisShadows (22698 posts) -

Overall, its pretty awful, but finally being able to get myself an avatar, little better.

#179 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

So now we have to fix the bugs ourselves.

Thanks GS.

#180 Edited by anab0lic (374 posts) -

I like everything bar the forums...

Being able to see how many pages each thread has at a glance, to see what the most active threads are and being able to skip to the last page if you wanted to was a nice touch on the old forums... which should be a feature here.

#181 Posted by freedomfreak (44544 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

Thanks Bethesda.

Edited for hahas

#182 Posted by RR360DD (13102 posts) -

Can't change my avatar which is doing my head in. Also Im assuming sigs aren't working because I haven't seen one yet

#183 Edited by RR360DD (13102 posts) -

Also, i feel bad for people whose username doesn't fit anymore LOL

#184 Edited by super600 (31215 posts) -

@SonofK:

I don't think so.

#185 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Sagem28 said:

Thanks Bethesda.

Edited for hahas

Best on PC

#186 Edited by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

Dafuq happened to my sig?!!

#187 Edited by freedomfreak (44544 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Also, i feel bad for people whose username doesn't fit anymore LOL

Where's your avatar though? :o

#188 Edited by Nirgali (95 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

Dafuq happened to my sig?!!

Yeah, I miss my sig as well. Static image, no hyperlink. Sadface.

#189 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17651 posts) -

They need to fix the stacks. I can't view my games at all by platform, scores, release date, or even alphabetical order anymore. Some of my games have been changed to Japanese versions too.

#190 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

Another downgrade is that you can't change the text color of your name.

#191 Edited by ohgeez (919 posts) -

Holy crap, MY EYES!!! Not only is everything completely cluttered to the left side of the screen, including quotes. The spacing is awkward, the color scheme is inferior, it loads horribly slow, and I get errors galore trying to do once basic tasks.

It looks like it was designed for an Ipad and frankly runs like crap on my PC.

I left ign and gamefaqs after their redesigns, I can now say goodbye to gamespot as well. Won't be coming back. GAF, here I come.

#192 Edited by musicalmac (23718 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Can't change my avatar which is doing my head in. Also Im assuming sigs aren't working because I haven't seen one yet

Sigs are disabled by default in your Profile > Settings. You have to select to see them and save the changes.

#193 Edited by gameofthering (10515 posts) -

How do you select an avatar?

I keep pressing "select image" yet nothing happens >.>

#194 Posted by toast_burner (22883 posts) -

@ohgeez said:

Holy crap, MY EYES!!! Not only is everything completely cluttered to the left side of the screen, including quotes. The spacing is awkward, the color scheme is inferior, it loads horribly slow, and I get errors galore trying to do once basic tasks.

It looks like it was designed for an Ipad and frankly runs like crap on my PC.

I left ign and gamefaqs after their redesigns, I can now say goodbye to gamespot as well. Won't be coming back. GAF, here I come.

The colour scheme is the same.

#195 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

That's odd. Everyones name was red color when I made that post 10 minutes ago,now they are orange.

oh wait it's just my eyes are fkked from the horrible text :(

#196 Posted by RR360DD (13102 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@RR360DD said:

Sigs are disabled by default in your Profile > Settings. You have to select to see them and save the changes.

Ah thanks, I enabled sigs. Still haven't seen any image sigs, just text.

#197 Posted by anab0lic (374 posts) -

The whole forum needs a redesign i think.... both the layout and color theme isnt too pleasing to the eyes...

#198 Posted by musicalmac (23718 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@musicalmac said:

@RR360DD said:

Ah thanks, I enabled sigs. Still haven't seen any image sigs, just text.

Good observation. I put one in, and I can see my own, but I can't see the sigs of any other users. Just text so far.

#199 Posted by ArisShadows (22698 posts) -

@edidili said:

When snapped at 50% at the side the forum looks bad too. Looks like they rushed this out for some reason even though it wasn't ready.

Which is annoying, because I generaly have things snapped to multitask.

#200 Edited by Maker777 (25 posts) -

Hi i have one question. Where can i find daily updated screenshots for games? I can´t find it. Before update it was in News/screenshots. :/