SITE REBUILD THOUGHTS OR QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FIRST!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by k2theswiss (16581 posts) -

@Blabadon: Don't worry it be filled with ad's once gs smooths out. i got adblock turned off for gs ATM because i though it was interfering with something but ya

#52 Posted by R3FURBISHED (9909 posts) -

So when will we be able to change our profile images? Couldn't do it in the beta and can't do it in the actual version, why release the new site and not let people change their images...or add images for that matter.

#53 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

I want to be able to see my previous forum posts and how many responses there have been since I last viewed.

#54 Edited by super600 (29845 posts) -

@realguitarhero5 said:

I want to be able to see my previous forum posts and how many responses there have been since I last viewed.

I was able to access my previous posts on this new site design by looking at my posting history.You can;t access any posts you made in the last day or two before this site design went live.

#55 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@Trail_Mix: So, I'm not the only one. They took away about 600 of mine

#56 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Hmm, so how does SW determine who can post threads with levels gone?

#57 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

@super600: I didn't make a thousand posts the last couple of days :|

#58 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42494 posts) -

@Trail_Mix:

looks like the level 10 rule is going to have to be canned.

#59 Edited by jer_1 (7371 posts) -

I'm not a fan of how the forums are handling the quotes now (at least in the SW & PS4 boards), floating them left and the post content right just looks ugly as hell. You guys should stack them again, that looks FAR better.

And where is the freakin quote/reply buttons, they're gone too!

Other than that, I do like most of the new sites (when set to the dark theme at least)!

#60 Edited by Animal-Mother (26150 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

I'm not a fan of how the forums are handling the quotes now (at least in the SW & PS4 boards), floating them left and the post content right just looks ugly as hell. You guys should stack them again, that looks FAR better.

Hover your mouse over the post and look in the right hand corner, you'll see quote, reply and flag

#61 Posted by Animal-Mother (26150 posts) -

We really need the return to forum button on the bottom. I can't keep scrolling through the top.

I dig the new layout. But like everyone is saying patience.

#62 Edited by jer_1 (7371 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

Hover your mouse over the post and look in the right hand corner, you'll see quote, reply and flag

They're finally showing up now, they haven't been for the past several hours, of course they do after I refreshed and see your post...go figure.

#63 Posted by Animal-Mother (26150 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@jer_1 said:

They're finally showing up now, they haven't been for the past several hours, of course they do after I refreshed and see your post...go figure.

*insert :P smiley face*

Man I miss em. If it's one thing that's definitely gone it's the personality of the boards. While I do like it, it's kinda creepy and really sterile right now.

#64 Posted by Jynxzor (9277 posts) -

Gwuh...how do I change this background.

#65 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13997 posts) -

So..a lot of people's names are now cut off because, lack of room I guess? Yet there is a massive black space of nothingness taking up half the screen

#66 Posted by Animal-Mother (26150 posts) -

@Jynxzor said:

Gwuh...how do I change this background.

Scroll all the way up top right hand side little A in a white circle click it.

#67 Posted by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -

Guys a couple fixes i found:

1. To get quick to the bottom of page reply to closest target.

2. To get to SW button post blank msg and quickly delete as to not disturb the peace.

#68 Posted by R3FURBISHED (9909 posts) -

@Trail_Mix:

looks like the level 10 rule is going to have to be canned.

It was instituted as a temporary rule to begin with

#69 Edited by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -

It boggles the mind how these so-called web designers manage to downgrade a site and make it look worse EVERY single time!

1- The white text looks like crap and is hurting my eyes

2- From the main board you can't go directly to a certain page,it's either the first or last.. lol wut?

#70 Edited by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -

Also, could we space out the end-page-arrow a little further from the thread title.

#71 Posted by nutcrackr (12240 posts) -

New signatures are great

#72 Posted by musicalmac (22607 posts) -

New signatures are great

Please change it, or I will remove it. -_-

(And thanks, actually, for spotting this)

#73 Posted by jer_1 (7371 posts) -

It boggles the mind how these so-called web designers manage to downgrade a site and make it look worse EVERY single time!

1- The white text looks like crap and is hurting my eyes

2- From the main board you can't go directly to a certain page,it's either the first or last.. lol wut?

The white text really is a pretty damn stark contrast, they should tone it down a bit maybe, a light grey or something. Seems like the sticky's should also be a custom colored text, if that's possible, orange or yellow or something to give them more distinction. Right now they all look like another typical forum thread.

#74 Edited by Jebus213 (8687 posts) -

Hmm, so how does SW determine who can post threads with levels gone?

Post count.

Nobody with less then 1000 posts can make a thread.

Also, if your name is BlueRayHiDef you're permanently banned.

#75 Posted by jman1553 (1302 posts) -

Everyone thinks a new design is horrible when they first see it. I was the EXACT same way when YouTube revamped their layout. Eventually you get used to it.

I think this new layout has promise. We just need the indibiduality of users to return, and I'm sure they will.
Things like custom avatars and signatures.

I also believe the boards should be centered.

But hey, I'll get used to it.

#76 Posted by PsychoLemons (1878 posts) -

I miss my avi. =[

#78 Posted by PsychoLemons (1878 posts) -

I miss my avi. =[

And my level and my sig quote thingy. T~T

#79 Posted by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -

I miss my avi. =[

I lost mine too because I don't remember where I uploaded it. You can use google though and search your user name and get it from a cached thread.

#80 Edited by musicalmac (22607 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:
@musicalmac said:

@nutcrackr said:

New signatures are great

Where are good mods at? No, you're not a good mod. Abercrombie and Wasdie are good mods.

You're trash.

So is that a no?...

#81 Edited by jer_1 (7371 posts) -

@jman1553 said:

Everyone thinks a new design is horrible when they first see it. I was the EXACT same way when YouTube revamped their layout. Eventually you get used to it.

I think this new layout has promise. We just need the indibiduality of users to return, and I'm sure they will.

Things like custom avatars and signatures.

I also believe the boards should be centered.

But hey, I'll get used to it.

The site is centered, it's just the sidebar they're attempting to use. I would prefer to see the sidebar completely gone, I won't be using that crap on the right anyways (others may though).

#82 Posted by nutcrackr (12240 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

New signatures are great

What is the character or word limit for text signatures?

#83 Edited by musicalmac (22607 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@nutcrackr said:

New signatures are great

We don't have a policy (yet). Expect a software or policy update soon. As it stands now, every one of your posts is disruptive.

#84 Posted by McStrongfast (4261 posts) -

Hey clone brothers!

#85 Edited by McStrongfast (4261 posts) -

How to preview posts?
Guess maybe you don't need to since it's WYSIYWIGITWY

Img button no worky.

After post, need to refresh to get back quick reply box and reply/quote buttons.

#86 Posted by nutcrackr (12240 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

@musicalmac said:

@nutcrackr said:

New signatures are great

We don't have a policy (yet). Expect a software or policy update soon. As it stands now, every one of your posts is disruptive.

I found it on the old site, it's 500 characters.

#87 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9048 posts) -

Don't like having to look to the edge of my screen to read things. Wish there was a centering option.

Also don't like post headers. It's just redundant info. A boarder separating avatar pics would be nice too. The function buttons for a post would be nice if the were visible at the bottom left of a post without fading.

Default font need to be a tad bigger for posts. Poster name under avatar should big a lot bigger.

If all that was changed I could live with the new forum.

#88 Posted by Tessellation (8791 posts) -

horrible horrible forum layout,it takes the feeling to even post here..how are you suppose to edit,delete posts?

#89 Edited by musicalmac (22607 posts) -

I found it on the old site, it's 500 characters.

Thank you for cutting it back a few hundred characters. The old 500 character limit has not been discussed in regards to the new forum, time will tell.

#90 Edited by Akrillax (108 posts) -

Wow... Horrible layout. And on that note I am leaving this site.

#91 Edited by Jebus213 (8687 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

@musicalmac said:

@nutcrackr said:

New signatures are great

As it stands right now. The forum layout is shit.

I'm being serious. Who ever designed it needs to be fired and blacklisted.

#92 Posted by Zassimick (6109 posts) -

I love the elements of the new design. Everything feels fresh, is more in line with today's standards of website design, and there are a lot of neat things going for it.

That being said, the forums are difficult to read and have their own set of problems. Things seem to be spaced too closely together, the time stamp is silly compared to actually posting the time when a post went up, and why a username has to be listed twice is unnecessary. Choose the "Post by Zassimick" one because some of the names underneath the avatar are getting cut off.

The boards and threads could use work to make them not only more economical, but legible, but after all the work put into them now I doubt anything will come of this. And who knows, maybe when we all have our small sigs and our avatars uploaded things will become better.

#93 Posted by Ballroompirate (21430 posts) -

Lol I just noticed a good portion of our user name gets cut off (under the avatar) if it's a certain length, like mine reads "Ballroompi..."

Seriously who designed this crap? go back to web design school you drunk.

#94 Posted by McStrongfast (4261 posts) -

I like how ads seem less cruddy. Probably due to getting rid of that stupid thing with mostly pictures of pretty girls linking to completely unrelated topics which would seemingly never go out of rotation. Goodbye bearded heart attack man.

#95 Edited by Zassimick (6109 posts) -

And I saw this stated earlier in the thread, I think by Blabadon, but we need a button to return to the board the thread is on. I'm stuck and can't get out!!!! :'(

#96 Posted by nutcrackr (12240 posts) -
#97 Posted by Ballroompirate (21430 posts) -

And I saw this stated earlier in the thread, I think by Blabadon, but we need a button to return to the board the thread is on. I'm stuck and can't get out!!!! :'(

I think there is one, on the top left of the board, should read "Forums > System Wars" if that's what you're talking about.

#98 Posted by Giancar (19029 posts) -

Cannot we rate games anymore?

I don't see the option in the review section neither in my profile.

#99 Edited by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

Just chill here for a while it gonna be ok.

[img]http://www.outdoorswallpaper.com/images/wmwallpapers/Campfire-Flame-4.jpeg[/img]

#100 Posted by Zassimick (6109 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

I think there is one, on the top left of the board, should read "Forums > System Wars" if that's what you're talking about.

Aha! Thanks for that. :)

One on the bottom would be lovely too, though. If I'm at the bottom of the thread, the last thing I want to do is have to scroll to the top just to return to the board. Easy on mobile to return to the top, but annoying with a trackpad or mouse.