SITE REBUILD THOUGHTS OR QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FIRST!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

I like the 2nd opinion idea cause the only magazine I've actually cared for with reviews that used the system was GI. So far they've really fubard/misused this whole 2nd opinion/review thing with Infinite and LoL.

Yeah I used to Like EGM which also used it. it's going to be interesting watching Carolyn throw a sexist swing on every game that contains females.

I actually agree in the context of infinite being a disappointing game, but a 4.0's just hilarious I mean the games not broken it's just not all that amazing. It felt incredibly average to me so I rested on a 6.0 under the new system. It does however have alot of contradicitons within it's plot and the gameplay was nothing to write home about but a 4.0, That's like if the game was a broken mess. lol, Tom definitely was looking to piss some fans off with that one.

I want to see Vanords take on The last of us, or a revisiting.

I feel that the point of a second opinion is lost when the second reviews don't seem to be taken seriously by the reviewers themselves and just used as vehicles for their opinions and nothing else.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#452 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

I like the 2nd opinion idea cause the only magazine I've actually cared for with reviews that used the system was GI. So far they've really fubard/misused this whole 2nd opinion/review thing with Infinite and LoL.

Yeah I used to Like EGM which also used it. it's going to be interesting watching Carolyn throw a sexist swing on every game that contains females.

I actually agree in the context of infinite being a disappointing game, but a 4.0's just hilarious I mean the games not broken it's just not all that amazing. It felt incredibly average to me so I rested on a 6.0 under the new system. It does however have alot of contradicitons within it's plot and the gameplay was nothing to write home about but a 4.0, That's like if the game was a broken mess. lol, Tom definitely was looking to piss some fans off with that one.

They really shouldn't be doing 2nd opinion reviews on games that were before 10/09/2013 when the new review system kicked in along with the new site. Specially going with a game that came out in 2009, which I still go by what I said the only reason why they are reviewing/giving League of Legends a high score (btw I do love LoL) is their number one tournament just ended and it looks like GS wants that AD money from Riot. Then you have Bioshock Infinite, probably the most random game you could have for being your first game to receive the new 2nd opinion review is just

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#453  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

They really shouldn't be doing 2nd opinion reviews on games that were before 10/09/2013 when the new review system kicked in along with the new site. Specially going with a game that came out in 2009, which I still go by what I said the only reason why they are reviewing/giving League of Legends a high score (btw I do love LoL) is their number one tournament just ended and it looks like GS wants that AD money from Riot. Then you have Bioshock Infinite, probably the most random game you could have for being your first game to receive the new 2nd opinion review is just

I get why they picked bioshock infinite, it was a game that was considered by many for GOTY nomination and still is. It's interesting how the positive response that title has garnered has pretty much become nonexistent however, the honeymoon period wore off and thankfully some realized it really wasn't all that. The Lol thing is very interesting and could be for AD revenue, I mean who knows.

If they want to follow the formula last of us should be up next.

Never played LOL, Moba's just don't seem like my thing.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#454 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4:

Majority of the people who played Infinite knew the game wouldnt be a major contender for Goty, outside of showing off the interactions between Booker, Elizabeth and the Luteces the game had nothing going for it since it was pretty much a step down (gameplay wise) from the first Bioshock. I wouldn't even put Infinite in the top 5 games off this year, maybe top 10 but it's not even close to goty material which is gonna come down to GTA V and TLOU whether we want to admit it or not, those two are probably the biggest contenders for the year while Pokemon X/Y will destroy the Hand Held awards and might even take a few peoples Goty choice.

zeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#455 zeta
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

@Serial_Killa said:

@zeta said:

Looks fine to me... just got to find an option to make it all dark again.

Slide the little A in the top right corner to the right. It's right above your notifications.

This, I discovered shortly after I posted. Thank you, though!

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
@bobbetybob said:

@Giancar said:

@Zassimick: I did the same, had to change my SoTC avy.

Couldn't find anywhere on the web.

@Zassimick said:

@Giancar said:

@Zassimick: I did the same, had to change my SoTC avy.

Couldn't find anywhere on the web.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Por que!?!?

Relearning who everyone is since a few are changing their avys. A darn shame.

That them? God knows why they're so big or formatted so horribly.

For anyone else wanting to find their stuff, search your username on Google, find your profile or your Fuse or it might even work with an old thread you posted in and then use Google webcache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:example.com

and put that link where the example.com is (leave out www.)

Now that the notifications work, I can see your post. Thxs. I have now my avy back.

But, with the new GS is time for a change. And I am digging my new avy a lot. =P

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Giancar

I can see the pages links from the threads and go to whatever page I want.

Great, needs some more work but I think this will pay off.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Anyone else miss levels? I liked leveling up. :c

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By starjet905

@simomate said:

I liked it too. What happened to the whole old users will get a Mass Effect-like boost for the account thing, anyway?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Giancar

@starjet905 said:

@simomate said:

I liked it too. What happened to the whole old users will get a Mass Effect-like boost for the account thing, anyway?

The level still exist. In settings, under the trophy tab.

If you mean under the avatar, yeah no idea why the took out that.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I'm noticing some glaring issues with the mobile layout the more I use it. Hopefully they don't just fix the desktop version.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#462 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Well thinks are getting better but i will say it again. Change the way posting history is displayed ( thats a deal breaker for me ). I wanna see how many unread posts there are in a topic i posted ( like it was in the old site ). Is hard to keep up with the topics i posted in now

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Is anyone else having problems watching videos on GS? Like If I try to watch a GS video review...it never loads. This new player is messed up for me :(

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Completely Ruined the Websites main page, honestly the 6 panels with large screen showing each one in turn is a good thing and now it's changed to something which just doesn't work, i'm not convinced by the tabs at the top i liked the array of consoles and shows and video buttons, on closer inspection the videos tab is a nice inclusion but Instead of a games tab it should be a console tab which then comes down with all the consoles and on each console should be the latest news, not just Games Tab with each console and some games i mean seriously look at the games and hover over nintendo the games listed Battlefield 4, pokemon X, Fifa 14, PES14 i mean seriously and then on close inspection look at the lists for each one, it's bad i mean really the tab is worthless. The forums the wasted space just to have a list of the other forums and the top commenters :S get rid just leave the forums alone they worked great before, now it's more like a comments section than a forum, make posts the whole size of the screen it might make reading a little easier, and the white writing and black background isn't as good as before and it's messing with my eyes. one good thing is the way you post thats a positive but the rest just wasn't worth changing when it is worse

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@II_Seraphim_II said:

Is anyone else having problems watching videos on GS? Like If I try to watch a GS video review...it never loads. This new player is messed up for me :(

I heard it's AdBlock related. Disable it, or make GS an exception, and it should work.

But... if there's no way you'd expose yourself to those creepy ads (like me), just watch the vids on Youtube! :P

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#466 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I ONLY JUST noticed the Quick Navigation button. Good, good.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Nice, we got the number of pages per thread display, that's a pleasant sight. Now, I hope they remove that "System Wars" tag under every thread name, it's redundant, and makes no sense.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#468 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Can someone tell me where is the small emotions .....like lol :( cool :)....??It will be nice to see them back in the post menu.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

I still think that sticky threads like game recommendation and gta v ones need to have seperat threads in them so your post doesnt get lost, this will prob make people use them more imo... rather than just having on massive thread where posts get lost in a massive wall of replys

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

Can someone tell me where is the small emotions .....like lol :( cool :)....??It will be nice to see them back in the post menu.

No such thing now, unfortunately.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@NameIess_One said:

I heard it's AdBlock related. Disable it, or make GS an exception, and it should work.

But... if there's no way you'd expose yourself to those creepy ads (like me), just watch the vids on Youtube! :P

Nope, still doesn't work without it

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NameIess_One said:

Nope, still doesn't work without it

Great, then we're once again left at the mercy of GS programmers... I'm sure it'll be fixed, though... in a week or two... maybe a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Only things I miss so far is no preview function, no text formatting for sigs. Also no fonts or colors for regular posts.

And the avatar field needs to be widened a bit to accommodate for longer usernames. See they did something about that already. Looks a bit better I suppose, but they really should just widen the thing by a couple of pixels.

Oh and having to refresh after having posted to update potential new posts made while you wrote the thing, and get back the reply functions. That's stupid.

@AtariKidX said:

No. Go back to the 90's you came from.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@McStrongfast said:

Only things I miss so far is no preview function, no text formatting for sigs. Also no fonts or colors for regular posts.

And the avatar field needs to be widened a bit to accommodate for longer usernames. See they did something about that already. Looks a bit better I suppose, but they really should just widen the thing by a couple of pixels.

Oh and having to refresh after having posted to update potential new posts made while you wrote the thing, and get back the reply functions. That's stupid.

This, miss all of those things as well, and I also miss the number of new, unread posts per thread. All fairly minor features, but all very useful to have, hope they bring them back with time.

Also, I think that refresh thing is just a bug, doesn't look like an intended feature... or at least I hope so.

And... I have to agree with that guy, we need emoticons. Without them, the place looks pretty... sterile.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hey, look at that, all my suggestions (except the unions) seem to have been implemented.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#476  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Majority of the people who played Infinite knew the game wouldnt be a major contender for Goty, outside of showing off the interactions between Booker, Elizabeth and the Luteces the game had nothing going for it since it was pretty much a step down (gameplay wise) from the first Bioshock. I wouldn't even put Infinite in the top 5 games off this year, maybe top 10 but it's not even close to goty material which is gonna come down to GTA V and TLOU whether we want to admit it or not, those two are probably the biggest contenders for the year while Pokemon X/Y will destroy the Hand Held awards and might even take a few peoples Goty choice.

Gameplay wise it's a step down from the original ? You can't be serious. The original was the worst in the whole series in the gameplay department.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#477 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

I have a few observations:

- The look of the site feels cluttered

- The site's performance is slow compared to the old one

- Where are the EMOTICONS?

- Pages showing the games, show new games mixed with old ones. Is there a connection between them?

Thank you. 8-\

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#478  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@dr_jashugan:

@dr_jashugan said:

I have a few observations:

- The look of the site feels cluttered

- The site's performance is slow compared to the old one

- Where are the EMOTICONS?

- Pages showing the games, show new games mixed with old ones. Is there a connection between them?

Thank you. 8-\

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/

That is where you would post your feedback.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

honestly, the turtle like speed of this site has kept me away over the last week.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#480 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@musicalmac: I like the new design, if they fix the performance issues it would be great, people are just afraid of change and think the site is ripping off another design.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 starjet905

@JohnF111 said:

@musicalmac: I like the new design, if they fix the performance issues it would be great, people are just afraid of change and think the site is ripping off another design.

If this change is so good, tell me how I can quickly look up threads with new posts and jump to the first unread post in them in this so good changed layout.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#482  Edited By Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

@starjet905 said:

@JohnF111 said:

If this change is so good, tell me how I can quickly look up threads with new posts and jump to the first unread post in them in this so good changed layout.

as a mod he is duty-bound to defend all asinine decisions GS makes

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 Shadowchronicle

@JohnF111 said:

This was made with the help of the people who helped make Giantbomb. Naturally they'll look similar. If I remember correctly this was intended to be a better version of giantbomb's site or at least they had that goal in mind.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

The site needs to load faster and this is my major pet peeve against it. Also, the forums needs to be improved to what they were in the old design.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Will there still be a level creating rule for SW threads?

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

I hate everything about this rebuild.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Considering the board doesn't exist anymore, I could only assume Mobile Wars is back in System Wars?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@thom_maytees said:

The site needs to load faster and this is my major pet peeve against it. Also, the forums needs to be improved to what they were in the old design.

Load times are the biggest one right now. It's much slower than it used to be and we were told the rebuild would be more efficient.

Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

I think there is a good foundation that can be built upon here. I like the new cleaner look.

Here are some ideas:

Makes the posts take up the whole width of the page. Make posts only show the most recent quote. Move the board selection and top poster area somewhere else or delete them entirely. Repeat the "reply to this topic" and "watch this topic" buttons on the bottom of the page. Add a go to page button. Generally make the forums more like Neogaf but with a GameSpot look.

gggamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#490 gggamer123
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Jesus this is great ! Some people over here are overreacting...

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 starjet905

@gggamer123 said:

I'll ask you the same question that I plan to ask everyone who praises this "rebuild."

Tell me how I can quickly look up threads with new posts and jump to the first unread post in them.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

modern look and forums just don't go well together. I honestly don't understand what they even did with the forums; it's not like they implemented anything new except for more advertising which could have been put on the old layout. As much as I hate Reddit, it has the most basic layout ever and it works perfectly.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

@gggamer123 said:

i tried to like it but cant , its a pain for me to look at and use it , goodbye guys its been fun while it lasted here :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@starjet905 said:

@gggamer123 said:

I'll ask you the same question that I plan to ask everyone who praises this "rebuild."

Tell me how I can quickly look up threads with new posts and jump to the first unread post in them.

There's no reason it can't be implemented. Overall, I like the new look. It's missing some ley features, which do need to be included. They also need to increase the loading speed.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Shadowchronicle

Reminder

Try posting feedback in the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum. This would help the staff and whoever else is there see your ideas and comment on them. If you also have questions the best place to post is there. For example I see a user talking about video problems, Synthia posted a topic in the forums explaining that it has to do with Adblock. If you want people to see your posts your best chance is in that forum.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I wonder how it feels to be responsible for the death of websites. I mean the board has last posts from 9 hours ago on the first page!!!!!! LOL

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

This is seriously the slowest site on the web. For comparison... type in ign.com in your web-browser and see how fast it loads. It really doesnt matter how nice the new format/ layout is if it takes this long to load.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

So why are the "Posts" and "Views" columns on the forums switched? Doesn't it make more sense to have them back how it was before?

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

Is gamespot so desperate that they are unbanning banned users like me so i can post? This is sad.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#500 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Christ..it took me 15 minutes just to log in. Blank pages, 404 errors left and right.