since i got my ps3 my 360 has been collecting dust... :S

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts

Basically i work for in a game store, and i 60gb ps3 came in, with discount i picked it up for £150 (bargain) along with burnout, mgs4, lbp, uncharted, (in wipeout hd and superstardust hd) and i literally havent played on my 360 since, i have no idea why, i have fallout in its wrapper, gears has only got 10 hours or so play time, and dead space is half way through.

i dont get why! at work im starting to see ALOT more people buy ps3's, although we sell alot more 360 games ps3's are certainly starting to catch up, and for all the people saying blu-ray is rubbish etc etc a decent blu-ray player is £200 so your getting the ps3 for £100. the interface is just alot smoother, slicker even though home is a gimmick! 

and the wii...well every week i go to work and some crappy game has come out involving ice skating or cheerleading or something crap, shouldnt even be allowed to be called a games console!

anyway....just my rant :)

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Basically i work for in a game store, and i 60gb ps3 came in, with discount i picked it up for £150 (bargain) along with burnout, mgs4, lbp, uncharted, (in wipeout hd and superstardust hd) and i literally havent played on my 360 since, i have no idea why, i have fallout in its wrapper, gears has only got 10 hours or so play time, and dead space is half way through.

i dont get why! at work im starting to see ALOT more people buy ps3's, although we sell alot more 360 games ps3's are certainly starting to catch up, and for all the people saying blu-ray is rubbish etc etc a decent blu-ray player is £200 so your getting the ps3 for £100. the interface is just alot smoother, slicker even though home is a gimmick! 

and the wii...well every week i go to work and some crappy game has come out involving ice skating or cheerleading or something crap, shouldnt even be allowed to be called a games console!

lewisg1212
That's what usually happens when you get something new. You play the older stuff alot less.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

having both PS3 & 360 am trying to play both as much as possible... lately my 360 was getting more love, with Fifa 09 and obviously Geow2... this weekend i got LBP and Resistance2 this morning so most probably i'll spend more time on PS3 now.. (considering i enjoy playing SOCOM too)

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Blog. Why you haven't played Fallout, given more time to Gears 2, or completed Dead Space... I'm guessing because the PS3 is newer. Also, where do you work? Because 360 is whooping PS3's ass in the UK right now, especially since the price drop.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mix it up a bit.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Nice selection of PS3 games, although I'm surprised you stopped halfway thru DeadSpace. I'm playing that on PS3 right now and it's really great.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EmperorSupreme
This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.carlisledavid79
I don't have a 360 but if I did I think it would be smarter to buy multiplats on PS3, just because you don't have to worry as much about the PS3 dying and the Blu-rays don't scratch like DVDs.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
make sense, since both systems offer the same experience. theres really no reason to own them both together. your better off owning one or the other.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.EmperorSupreme
I don't have a 360 but if I did I think it would be smarter to buy multiplats on PS3, just because you don't have to worry as much about the PS3 dying and the Blu-rays don't scratch like DVDs.

this, plus in 2009 since JAN most multi games will support tropheez,so wont be a difference oh yea tc,blog it
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.EmperorSupreme

That's what I do but unfortunately my PS3 died last week. And I had 3 RROD's as well so I'm pretty screwed either way, lol.
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lewisg1212

Blog. Why you haven't played Fallout, given more time to Gears 2, or completed Dead Space... I'm guessing because the PS3 is newer. Also, where do you work? Because 360 is whooping PS3's ass in the UK right now, especially since the price drop.EuroMafia

i LOVE dead space but i dotn know, wipeout, burnout (i dont know why!) are keeping me occupied. 

i work for gamestation, but i ask alot of people and they seem to get it just for the blu-ray. 

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.Ratchet_Fan8

this, plus in 2009 since JAN most multi games will support tropheez,so wont be a difference oh yea tc,blog it

Its just down to the fact Id like a bigger 360 game library. Ive bought over 30 ps3 games this year alone lol.
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lewisg1212
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.Floppy_Jim

That's what I do but unfortunately my PS3 died last week. And I had 3 RROD's as well so I'm pretty screwed either way, lol.

that sucks.... lol
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lewisg1212
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"] I don't have a 360 but if I did I think it would be smarter to buy multiplats on PS3, just because you don't have to worry as much about the PS3 dying and the Blu-rays don't scratch like DVDs.

Its just down to the fact Id like a bigger 360 game library. Ive bought over 30 ps3 games this year alone lol.

and im addicted to trophys :P
Master_SONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_SONY
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]This year i have been buying multiplats for the PS3. In 2009 im going to try and mis it up a bit.Floppy_Jim

That,s bad dude! Get MAME and play old school arcade games on your PC
Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
Pretty much the exact opposite for me. I bought a ps3 and after a few days went right back to playing my 360 excessively.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EmperorSupreme

You are bad luck... backs away slowly... Seriously though sorry to hear that, just keep looking at your Kaz and hulk-a-mania in your sig, that makes me smile everytime I see it. Kazs smile is infectious.
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="lewisg1212"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"] this, plus in 2009 since JAN most multi games will support tropheez,so wont be a difference oh yea tc,blog it

Same here. I'll aim for a higher gamerscore as well though lol
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lewisg1212
[QUOTE="lewisg1212"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] Its just down to the fact Id like a bigger 360 game library. Ive bought over 30 ps3 games this year alone lol.carlisledavid79

Same here. I'll aim for a higher gamerscore as well though lol

i prefer the structure of trophys, and the fact there compulsory in 2009 :) like im getting socom, resistance and bioshock (again) even though i had it on my 360. i was a HUGE gears fan boy, i completed the 2nd one on insane after a few hours and i havent played on it since...completed horde with a few mates on hardcore...i dont know why!
gglass19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gglass19
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

lewisg1212

I bought a PS3 last march and I don't play it at all - I buy games for it (Drakes, Socom, Burnout, MGS, Motor Storm, Resistance) but the system can't keep me.

5amus_Aran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 5amus_Aran
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

That tends to happen when you get something new.

russdmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 russdmoore
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts

I am exactly the opposite.  I have a PS3 and I have about 5 exclusives and played them through once and they have just sit there since.  I have a much larger 360 collection and I play them off and on from time to time.  I use the PS3 as a Blue-Ray player primarily and play a occasional exclusive game.

I buy multi-plat game and exclusives on my 360 and PC.

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
My Wii collect dust, but I still use it everyday.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

lewisg1212
You see for me its the same but not the same. basically i work for a games store and a few months ago a 60 gb ps3 came in, and i got it for £250 with mgs4 and ds3, i loved mgs4, but since then, although i have quite a few games for my ps3 I just havnt played it, the 360 is so much more appealing. And I have started to notice the ps3 sales have gone waaay down, a few months back they were at a spike, but now everyone is just trading thiers in for 360's.
rocafelon1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rocafelon1001
Member since 2003 • 1207 Posts
dunno guess the 360 just sucks man
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="lewisg1212"]

That's what usually happens when you get something new. You play the older stuff alot less.

I agree, I wonder what the TC will be playing more next year???
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
Its the exact oposite for me, ever since I got my PS3, my PS3 has been collecting dust. I beat MGS4 and that was pretty much it, it just kind of sits there, plugged into the wall...
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
Its the exact opposite for me, ever since I got my PS3, my PS3 has been collecting dust. I beat MGS4 and that was pretty much it, it just kind of sits there, plugged into the wall...Nagidar
This! i bought my ps3 played mgs4 and then i havent touched it in 2 months..besides 2 nights ago i turned it on to watch hulk in blu-ray it literally has a inch of dust one it =X
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
I got my PS3 in July 07 and the 360 July 08... I still play and enjoy the PS3 way more.
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

I have both 360 and ps3, and to say that my ps3 getts a 1/4 of the use my 360 gets would be a huge over exageration. It is a great bluray player i have 2 ps3 games and almost 30 360 games. the multiplats are slightly better on the 360.

carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

I have both 360 and ps3, and to say that my ps3 getts a 1/4 of the use my 360 gets would be a huge over exageration. It is a great bluray player i have 2 ps3 games and almost 30 360 games. the multiplats are slightly better on the 360.

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
Since the NXE was released, I've ignored the PS3 and Wii completely.
BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

lewisg1212

Even though more people are playing the 360 than the PS3, at least you're having fun and can enjoy both systems games. As for the Wii, you forgot about the thousand or so doggy grooming sims released weekly;)

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Since I got my PS3, that thing has been collecting dust. I mean, literally! That console is a dust magnet.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
My 360 has been collecting dust for over a year now... but thats because I never move it. It stays in my entertainment center and the most I ever do is press the eject disc button to swap out games to play.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

I use my PS3 more than I do my 360 as well.  But more or less for the other functions (Web browser, Blu-Ray) than for actual gameplaying. I actually like it this way.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="lewisg1212"]

heretrix

took the words right out of my mouth :D
shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts
mine never collect dust.

Avatar image for WalterPaladines
WalterPaladines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WalterPaladines
Member since 2003 • 1742 Posts

I always buy Multiplats for the PS3, extensive use of my brother's 360 will probably get him a RROD much faster. with the PS3 you have a quality gaming rig, and I dont have to live in fear of my console dying.