Sierra didn't return empty handed.New King's Quest Teased

#1 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3744 posts) -

As we know one of the most beloved PC developers/publishers , Sierra is coming back from the dead , resurrected by Activision . More will be revealed about their return at gamescom .

But that's not all , here is link to secret code , hidden within website . When you scroll down to the end of the page , it says "King's Quest : Geometry Wars" .

http://www.sierra.com/etc/designs/atvi/sierra/scripts/main.js

Geoff Keighly also just tweeted about it .

http://gamingeverything.com/the-odd-gentlemen-developing-new-kings-quest/

#2 Posted by cfisher2833 (1711 posts) -

I don't know...I have a feeling it's gonna be some shitty mobile game. Remember this is Activision we're dealing with. Then again, maybe some higher ups from the Blizzard division pushed for this. It'd certainly be great to see Sierra return to form; hell, we might eventually get a new Swat game!

....doubt it though.

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (9006 posts) -

The nature of modern day and age will ruin it in some manner.

#4 Edited by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

It may be something interesting but they´ll probably find a way to fuck it up. Besides,it´s Sierra only in name,all the major names that worked there haven´t been woth the company for years,like Ken and Roberta Williams.
I´m about as excited by this as I was when Interplay put up a teaser site for Black Isle returning a couple of years ago,wich is to say,not at all.

#5 Posted by WallofTruth (1750 posts) -

SWAT V please.

#6 Edited by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

I want a working Win7 version of Grand Prix Legends please!

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (9634 posts) -

You are about a day late ;)

#8 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I want a working Win7 version of Grand Prix Legends please!

Probably the best racing game/sim of all time. Problem with that is,a new version probably wouldn´t support the framework for most the existing mods.
I barely even remember how GPL even looks like vanilla these days lol.

#9 Edited by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@Arach666 said:

@clyde46 said:

I want a working Win7 version of Grand Prix Legends please!

Probably the best racing game/sim of all time. Problem with that is,a new version probably wouldn´t support the framework for most the existing mods.

I barely even remember how GPL even looks like vanilla these days lol.

Back in the day when there was no traction control, brakes like bottlecaps with no ABS, manual H pattern gearbox with clutch, massive fuel tank and a massive engine with slippy tires. Back when racers were men with balls of cast iron.

#10 Edited by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Arach666 said:

@clyde46 said:

I want a working Win7 version of Grand Prix Legends please!

Probably the best racing game/sim of all time. Problem with that is,a new version probably wouldn´t support the framework for most the existing mods.

I barely even remember how GPL even looks like vanilla these days lol.

Back in the day when there was no traction control, brakes like bottlecaps with no ABS, manual H pattern gearbox with clutch, massive fuel tank and a massive engine with slippy tires. Back when racers were men with balls of cast iron.

It´s a shame we didn´t really get any good classic era F1 games since then,got a few stinkers like Spirit of Speed and Mille Miglia and barely anything else. Codemasters have the license,but they would just do what they´re doing with the F1 games,wich while they´re decent,they´re aren´t anywhwhere near the quality of a GPL or the Geoff Crammond GP series.
Check out this guy for great GPL videos if you like:

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (30474 posts) -

Activision behind Sierra?

Not so good news :\

#12 Edited by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

@Arach666 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Arach666 said:

@clyde46 said:

I want a working Win7 version of Grand Prix Legends please!

Probably the best racing game/sim of all time. Problem with that is,a new version probably wouldn´t support the framework for most the existing mods.

I barely even remember how GPL even looks like vanilla these days lol.

Back in the day when there was no traction control, brakes like bottlecaps with no ABS, manual H pattern gearbox with clutch, massive fuel tank and a massive engine with slippy tires. Back when racers were men with balls of cast iron.

It´s a shame we didn´t really get any good classic era F1 games since then,got a few stinkers like Spirit of Speed and Mille Miglia and barely anything else. Codemasters have the license,but they would just do what they´re doing with the F1 games,wich while they´re decent,they´re aren´t anywhwhere near the quality of a GPL or the Geoff Crammond GP series.

Check out this guy for great GPL videos if you like:

Damn,the guy in that video has the game looking a lot better than the one clyde posted, Also,he´s using trackIR or something?