Shovel Knight on XB1 > PC/PS4 confirmed

• 45 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

just epic battletoads 90's gaming > playstation era, it had platformers it had epic music it had cool characters that were like animals that talked and said cowabunga and amazing words

you just can't beat the era this new era will just never know wtf there doing compared ot the 90's its sad

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

In the accompanying article (which you conveniently failed to link to) they say they find it hard to recommend the X1 version over the PS version, thanks to cross buy and cross save.

Though to it's credit, they do also say that the Battletoads content puts it squarely above the Wii, 3DS and PC versions. Just not Playstation.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

In the accompanying article (which you conveniently failed to link to) they say they find it hard to recommend the X1 version over the PS version, thanks to cross buy and cross save.

Though to it's credit, they do also say that the Battletoads content puts it squarely above the Wii, 3DS and PC versions. Just not Playstation.

Lol first post pawnage

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

well at least consoles finally get a better version of a game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No such thing as X1>the others. Not a single game now. Not a single game in 5 years from now.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

HAHAHA thread rekt.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

This does nothing for me, seeing as I've never played Battletoads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@freedomfreak: You should try to track down a copy. Maybe call GameStop. They should have a copy or two.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@darkspineslayer: lol. I know all about that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

In the accompanying article (which you conveniently failed to link to) they say they find it hard to recommend the X1 version over the

PS version, thanks to cross buy and cross save.

Gotta love buying the game and getting a copy for Vita, PS3, and PS4...not to mention, Sony has been giving game owners 10% when the buy the game launch week. Shovel Knight was 10% off when it launched on Playstation.

Ori in contrast was full price with no discounts, which I'm sure Shovel Knight will similarly not be discounted when it arrives on Xbone later this week (it's already out on PS systems right now).

Plus, PS version also has extra content with armor and boss battles from Sony's God of War...and it came out sooner.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@darkspineslayer said:

In the accompanying article (which you conveniently failed to link to) they say they find it hard to recommend the X1 version over the

Gotta love buying the game and getting a copy for Vita, PS3, and PS4...not to mention, Sony has been giving game owners 10% when the buy the game launch week. Shovel Knight was 10% off when it launched on Playstation.

Ori in contrast was full price with no discounts, which I'm sure Shovel Knight will similarly not be discounted when it arrives on Xbone later this week (it's already out on PS systems right now).

Where have you been? It's been quite horrible without you for those past several days...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@silversix_ said:

No such thing as X1>the others. Not a single game now. Not a single game in 5 years from now.

AC:U. Keep salty.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@darkspineslayer said:

to be fair you do sound kinda butt hurt, aww man i bought it on ps3 and i got all these cross plays one free and it was discounted.

yeah you did get all that but do you have the battle toads or the toad armor? no so you don't have the "complete" version you just have multiple cross play ability who cares about ps3/ps4 cross play nobody is gonna play on both of those and the vita is cool tho but not better then toads

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@SolidTy said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Plus, PS version also has extra content with armor and boss battles from Sony's God of War...and it came out sooner.

Where have you been? It's been quite horrible without you for those past several days...

Ah someone noticed! :P

Yes, I was catching up on my gaming backlog a bit, I was going to the theatre (Ex Machina, etc), dabbling in some TV that I let stockpile as well, catching up on some reading as I had books piling up, and spending some time with friends. Something had to give, so my online time was sacrificed.

Alas, I did what I set out to do, read, played, watched, friends went home...so I find myself here tonight, ever so briefly. :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy
@ProtossX said:

@SolidTy said:

@darkspineslayer said:

to be fair you do sound kinda butt hurt, aww man i bought it on ps3 and i got all these cross plays one free and it was discounted.

yeah you did get all that but do you have the battle toads or the toad armor? no so you don't have the "complete" version you just have multiple cross play ability who cares about ps3/ps4 cross play nobody is gonna play on both of those and the vita is cool tho but not better then toads

Huh? To be more accurately fair, you seem a slightly bit more butthurt that the original poster called out the fact you didn't post a link that you sourced, a link that told users the PS version was their preferred version. You should quote him for busting ya. Personally, I got the game LAST YEAR, LOL for people waiting. I could also point out you are getting the complete version with no God of War cameo, also no Gravedigger's Shovel - which can be forged into the Armor of Chaos in the PS version.

Uh oh. Not complete! :P

Don't forget, you do get God of War boss fight, God of war Armor of Chaos in the PS version on top of the discounts and three copies of the game (Vita, PS3, and PS4). It really boils down to what franchise you like more God of War or Battletoads. I like both personally, but when the factoring the discounts for Playstation, the extra copies of the games (Vita, PS3, PS4), and waiting for an Xbone release to pay MORE...

It's not a big selling point to wait longer to pay more and get less...

Shovel Knight is arriving way late and last on Xbone.

It would have been nice if M$ offered the 360 version for free with the Xbone version for $13.50, but nope, they are going to charge full price $15 for the last released Xbone version. At least Battletoads was kinda resurrected for a bit? Kewl.

Kudos to you though for taking the time or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Whereas I appreciate the homage and extra content that Battletoads bring to the Xbox One version, that does not, in any way whatsoever, compensate for the fact that I have been playing this game for a year on Wii U and 3DS, or that I bought it once and got it for three systems on PlayStation.

Xbox One got this game last. It got this game nearly a yearafter it first released. You know what, I think I was perfectly fine playing it back when it first launched in July, or paying once for multiple systems, and not having Battletoads, thank you very much.

That said, it's a great game, and I am just glad to see it being exposed to the widest audience possible.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

Yeah, i did have superior crushed blacks. My bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@silversix_ said:

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

And framerates ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Are the backers of the game gonna get these stuff?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Are backers of the game gonna get these stuff?

No, the backers were promised the PC and Nintendo versions, they got that. The company is no longer beholden to the backers, they delivered on what they promised.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#21 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Will Battletoads get a standalone game or not?

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

Just finished it on ps4. That 10 mins of extra content (if that) is not enough incentive for me to buy it again not matter how much I enjoyed it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

This extra Xbone content, while kinda cool, really only meanns anything if you give a shit about the Battletoads.

I don't, So I'm still perfectly content with my Wii U version of the game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

And framerates ;)

Loading Video...

you sure about that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@silversix_ said:

you sure about that?

Doesn't matter anymore. Halo MCC also had patches, and cows still think it is broken

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

you sure about that?

Doesn't matter anymore. Halo MCC also had patches, and cows still think it is broken

Halo is run by Cows??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

@silversix_ said:

you sure about that?

Halo is run by Cows??

Ah so that makes the complete game broken? Thank you for your insights, they are always very valuable.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Not gonna lie, this does make me shed a tear of jelly. PC version (what I played) has no exclusive guests and the PS versions went with whiny bitch Kratos.

I'll probably never play it, but imo this does put the Xbone version on top.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@FastRobby: DriveClub had patches, XBots still though it was broken.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Yeah, no.

PS4 version trounces the Xbox One version due to cross buy and a better controller for this genre.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@darkspineslayer: assuming you own a vita, which no sane person does.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

This does nothing for me, seeing as I've never played Battletoads.

I played the Hell out of Battletoads on SNES and the Gameboy version. Sadly I never got the chance to play the Arcade version but I heard sooo many great stories on that version, wish I could play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I thought this was a joke thread cause most of this guys threads is about bashing the Xbox, now you make one hyping up a game on the Xbox the Playstation? This dude has A.D.H.D. for real lol, either that or your a super troll.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

well at least consoles finally get a better version of a game.

It's also going to be a Universal Windows 10 Game App, so it's technically still superior on PC

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#35 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Forza Horizon 2. lulz

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@darkspineslayer said:

It's Also a cross buy game on the Xbox One, if you purchase the game, it will be free on the new Windows Store on Windows 10.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Lol first post pawnage

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@ProtossX is a fakeboy waving his ass about everything and always wrong.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Just came in here to say nothing.

Please flag this Lostrib.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

in essence, this is what the parity clause has turned into from what I've heard, while the previous use of it was to not allow publishers and devs to stagger releases onto the Xbox platform late, the revamped clause allows for it now, but MS wants to double check that the devs don't make lazy inferior ports of games on their console, or that in some cases enhance some degree of content with a late port.

I'm curious if Battle Toads content was conditional on Shovel Knight being published on the Xbox One this late.

Anyhow, I never played it even though I've had a WiiU & 3DS when it first released, so I guess it paid out in the end to hold out. Not getting this right away, Stealth Inc 2 keeps getting my attention on the digital store, and I've got like $10 in Bing Reward credits to spend.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Pretty damn cool.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

This is rare, it is really hard to recommend the XBONE version anymore.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I love the game, and if I wanted to double dip, I'd go with the Xbox One version because I'll take Battletoads over shitty ass Kratos.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Well you're wrong about that, but you keep dreaming your delusional dreams. The system hasn't even been out for 2 years yet. lol!!

@lglz1337 said:

@ProtossX is a fakeboy waving his ass about everything and always wrong.

Yeah,, you and him have something in common. Like looking a mirror isn't it? lol!!

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Thread Fail

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I'm not sure how cross buy and cross save is an advantage if you don't own a Vita or PS3 anymore. In other words XOne>>>others unless you own a vita, PS3 and PS4 and even then why would you want the same game on 3 different platforms?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Everyone talking here about the cross buy thingy, why even need 2 different copies? For the VITA? lol

More content = better whatsoever in this case.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@joel_c17 said:
@darkspineslayer said:

Lol first post pawnage

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Battletoads is coming back big time, E3 the big reveal

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Will Battletoads get a standalone game or not?

Thats what I want to know.