Should System Wars exclude PC ?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By ominous_titan

Poll Should System Wars exclude PC ? (73 votes)

yes 19%
no 81%

Im a new poster here but been lurking in the shadows since it was videogames.com , anyhoo should PC really be involved in system wars anymore? It has no clear defining generations and there is no great anticipation like consoles have when they launch.They have no clear defining standards, PC can be as weak or as powerful as your wallet can withstand with no benchmark for comparison. It feels like comparing a boat to a car when PC gets in the mix, it just doesnt fit in.m2c

• 
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

of course not.

we include all crazy people.

i mean sure bragging about pc in sw is like bragging about your shotgun on a bb gun site but hey.

whatever.

it's cool.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@ominous_titan said:

No I haven't

Anybody who may have been taking this thread seriously (lol), can now just sit back and relax.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@ominous_titan:

Basically, PC gaming is now not only better than console gaming, but also easier and cheaper, as well. That's what's changed. A PC that costs only $100-$200 more than a PS4 or X1 is just as powerful, if not more, and you can make that extra money back through game savings, after buying less than 10 games, because they're so much cheaper on PC. With the extensive display and controller/peripheral options that are now readily available, there is literally nothing that a console does, that a mid-range PC can't do better. The only thing left that consoles can do that PCs can't, is play a small handful of exclusive games (of which there are less and less every year), most of which are just bloated, cinematic, hand-holding action games, with 5-6 hours of content, and no replay value. And even for those few games, it's not that PCs can't play them (quite the contrary, PCs would actually handle those games far better than the consoles ever could), it's just that the console manufacturers have paid the developers to keep them exclusive. I guess they gotta have something.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@ominous_titan:

Basically, PC gaming is now not only better than console gaming, but also easier and cheaper, as well. That's what's changed. A PC that costs only $100-$200 more than a PS4 or X1 is just as powerful, if not more, and you can make that extra money back through game savings, after buying less than 10 games, because they're so much cheaper on PC. With the extensive display and controller/peripheral options that are now readily available, there is literally nothing that a console does, that a mid-range PC can't do better. The only thing left that consoles can do that PCs can't, is play a small handful of exclusive games (of which there are less and less every year), most of which are just bloated, cinematic, hand-holding action games, with 5-6 hours of content, and no replay value. And even for those few games, it's not that PCs can't play them (quite the contrary, PCs would actually handle those games far better than the consoles ever could), it's just that the console manufacturers have paid the developers to keep them exclusive. I guess they gotta have something.

Great, accurate post as usual from the big man.

Yeah, I just want to add to this that a genuine windows licence is the 'key' (intentional pun) to robust PC gaming. Some people don't want to pay for that ...

And yeah, some of those exclusives are good, but for me they're never so good I have to play them day-1. Let the games and consoles drop in price I say. Can always play them later.

Heaps of great PC games ominous, and I'm sorry to see how people jumped on you here. Talked to you in the post your picture thread and you seem like a chill dude.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#55 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

While I understand the basic human desire to somehow find a way to disqualify the winner, your argument lacks merit. Consoles are essentially closed-off PCs.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

You've been lurking on here for years and this is the best you can come up with?

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

It's not price or availability of games I was wondering this for. It's that pc is so flexible with what can be done with it. I'm not denying that its more powerful either. With consoles you get what you buy and are stuck with it more or less, sure memory can be expanded but that's it. The contest loses its purity when one contestant is able to change whenever it wants. I'm over it ,if anything excluding PC would dilute the banter here

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

SystemWars, not console wars. This isn't up for discussion.