Should System Wars exclude PC ?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 9 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Should System Wars exclude PC ? (73 votes)

yes 19%
no 81%

Im a new poster here but been lurking in the shadows since it was videogames.com , anyhoo should PC really be involved in system wars anymore? It has no clear defining generations and there is no great anticipation like consoles have when they launch.They have no clear defining standards, PC can be as weak or as powerful as your wallet can withstand with no benchmark for comparison. It feels like comparing a boat to a car when PC gets in the mix, it just doesnt fit in.m2c

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (56002 posts) -

No

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -
#3 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

No If it bothers you so much go look for a console wars forum.

#4 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

mad that you have inferior consoles

#5 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -
#6 Posted by Boddicker (2513 posts) -

I don't think PC should be excluded, but anyone who thinks that consoles can be better than a dedicated gaming PC is living in a dream world.

I'm really getting tired of PC owners touting their superiority. We all know PC's are better, but a lot of us don't have that kind of money to spend.

#7 Posted by MrYaotubo (2635 posts) -

No.

Just because it beats the consoles in pretty much almost every single category doesn´t mean you should make it go away,it would be like paying attention only to the fight for second place when Schumacher was dominating F1.

#8 Posted by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

im not mad just stirring the pot a bit by asking, if i wanted a gaming PC i could afford the absolute best ,i dont worry about money.

#9 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Well, I think it depends on what we're talking about. At the moment, being the start of the gen and all, the Playstation 4 stands up quite well against PC, depending on a prospective buyer's situation.

Sometimes when people make threads, they deliberately exclude PC eg "Console graphics king" type of threads.

I get your points, they are excellent. especially how pc can be whatever you want it to be within your budget ceiling.

But I think PC is a platform people need to know exists if they are considering video gaming. we can discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages here.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (7832 posts) -

Pc is universally accepted as the pinnacle, generally not much to debate exists.

#11 Posted by osan0 (12627 posts) -

no. its system wars not console wars.

for the sake of debate on here a PC gen is the same as a console gen. so when the wiiu was released a new gen started for the PC also. any PC game released after the wiiu launch date is a current gen PC game.

hype is not a requirement of inclusion in SW nor are standards.

handheld gens and console/PC gens are treated separately and all gaming devices are included. so thats consoles (including other consoles like ouya), PCs (including laptops), tablets, vita, 3ds, phones......anything that can play games basically.

#12 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

When debating about the topic of gaming, PC shouldn't be excluded. In fact, it's really the only system that should be discussed right now given its utter dominance in that regard.

#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Never going to happen. You console babies are just going to have to deal with inferior gaming experiences

#14 Edited by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

to late in the game to move the goal posts which is something consolites always try to do whenever things don't go in their favor.

#15 Posted by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

Not being a butthurt baby .I don't pc game becauseit's a waste of my most precious commodity,my time. PC gaming is cumbersome, i like being able to buy a game and know its going to work in my system of choice unlike pc. M2c

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Not being a butthurt baby .I don't pc game becauseit's a waste of my most precious commodity,my time. PC gaming is cumbersome, i like being able to buy a game and know its going to work in my system of choice unlike pc. M2c

Cool. Stick to consoles then.

This thread bombed pretty hard though, which is lulzy.

#17 Edited by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

i dont think we should include it. most of its best games are also on mac so there not really exclusive anyways,

#18 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

i dont think we should include it. most of its best games are also on mac so there not really exclusive anyways,

Except that a Mac is a PC, in SW... As well as everywhere else, really.

#19 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1443 posts) -

System Wars isn't really a serious forum. Reading posts by people who only play shooters on consoles provides much entertainment.

There's also that dude who claims to have a great TV and audio setup just to play 720p Shooter games at 20-30 fps. One of the best!

If you start cutting topics from system wars because they're pointless, what are you going to end up with?

#20 Posted by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

I don't Xbox live gold is required when creating topics, new to this ha

#21 Posted by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

@lundy86_4: different opperating system, different platform.

#22 Posted by PannicAtack (21017 posts) -

It's been included for years. Why change it now?

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

Neen.

#24 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

@lundy86_4: different opperating system, different platform.

Still a PC. Will you argue that the Steambox is a seperate platform?

#25 Posted by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -
#26 Posted by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

@lundy86_4: yes because its a different opperating system

#27 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -
#28 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

So what about if you set up your Steambox with dual boot?

#29 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

There's also that dude who claims to have a great TV and audio setup just to play 720p Shooter games at 20-30 fps. One of the best!

Lmao gioveal has been destroyed.

#30 Edited by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Yes, absolutely.

PC belongs in the Legacy Board, along with all the other dead ass platforms.

#31 Posted by lostrib (34414 posts) -

No, they should declare PC the winner and shutdown System Wars

#32 Edited by lostrib (34414 posts) -

@masterchiefyolo said:

The viruses from your windows partition will evolve to infect linux systems and all of the world's nuclear missiles will launch, killing us all.

#33 Posted by kingtito (4854 posts) -

PC == personal computer that includes mac. Get a clue before posting please

#34 Edited by naz99 (1214 posts) -

@ominous_titan said:

Hmm I have over 600 games and ALL of them work....you're doing it wrong is the only sane conclusion.

You sound like a butthurt baby because you are coming up with the same nonsense all other console fanboys come out with, as in opinions and not facts.And it is always mostly the people that do not game on PC that seem to have these problems while PC gamers don't..funny that

PC gaming does not take anymore time than console gaming

PC is not cumbersome unless YOU make it cumbersome

All Pc gamers know what they buy will work and in the rare case it doesn't a quick visit to google can fix that.if it is broke on console it is just broke and thats it.

#35 Posted by PsychoLemons (2036 posts) -

It's called System Wars for a reason, newcomer.

#36 Posted by lostrib (34414 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@masterchiefyolo said:

PC == personal computer that includes mac. Get a clue before posting please

Oh god, I remember when the Mac/PC multiplat troll began. People got banned/suspended for that shit

#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@masterchiefyolo said:

Stop. You'll confuse the poor lad

#38 Posted by lostrib (34414 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@ominous_titan said:

Hmm I have over 600 games and ALL of them work....you're doing it wrong is the only sane conclusion.

At least we can usually fix things when our games don't work (and I do have a few older steam games that don't work correctly). Console...you better hope for a patch

#39 Edited by kingtito (4854 posts) -
#40 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

We all know it's just fanboy selective reasoning (a-la goal post shifting) that tries to make excuses (shallow and pitiful ones at that) to exclude PC.

#41 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@psymon100 said:

@masterchiefyolo said:

The viruses from your windows partition will evolve to infect linux systems and all of the world's nuclear missiles will launch, killing us all.

killing us all?

please please please for the love of satan set up a dual boot master chief yolo.

#42 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Oh, okay. So you actually don't have a clue what you're talking about, and are just trolling. Good to know. Moving on.

#43 Edited by IgGy621985 (4627 posts) -

Whoops. Wrong thread.

On-topic, no.

#44 Posted by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

doing so would turn it into a pc but its still a different platform until you do so meaning games arent exclusive

#45 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

@masterchiefyolo said:

@lundy86_4:

doing so would turn it into a pc but its still a different platform until you do so meaning games arent exclusive

So, when you installed Linux to a PS3, before the firmware update, it became a separate platform?

#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

We all know it's just fanboy selective reasoning (a-la goal post shifting) that tries to make excuses (shallow and pitiful ones at that) to exclude PC.

Because PC is so irrefutable at times, they don't like it. They prefer to bicker about things that can be left up to taste and opinion

When you throw facts and figures at them they sort of lose their argument

#47 Edited by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

No.

Its called system wars, not console wars. Also, why would you want to exclude the king/master race of gamers? The one platform that has the best graphics.

#48 Posted by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

Maybe pc gaming has changed since I tried it last which was when quake 3 was new and that was a huge pain to make work so enlighten me how that's changed

#49 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Maybe pc gaming has changed since I tried it last which was when quake 3 was new and that was a huge pain to make work so enlighten me how that's changed

Erm, you haven't PC gamed in 14 years?

#50 Posted by ominous_titan (593 posts) -

No I haven't