Should Sega remove Sonic as their Image/Mascot? I think it's time.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

Now in most places, despite the fact SEGA has proven to throw some good, and arguably better games than Sonic, Sonic is no longer a relevant image for Sega since last gen basically.

I mean, it's time for Sega to focus on a new Ip for the whole company. Sonci fans are divided, there are two many failures, exclusive games on nintendo systems, having a game with Mario in the same game as Sonic, the fact they don't sell as well, declining populaity, loss of money, exclusive games on Nintendo consoles. More Casual like games, etc. Basically, everything that is opposite of Sonics prupose.

I am not saying cancell Sonic, although some may prefer that, no I am saying choose a new lead and get the company pumping because Sonic is still their image in most areas, and it's time for another game to step in that place unless Sonic has some kind of miracle next gen of like 4 AAA+ games in a row or something. He has a much of a chance getting to his former relevancy as Spyro.

So yeah, what do you think, I say let's replace him with an Ip that's doing well by Sega.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes because the Sonic games never were very good to begin with, even the original games.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Sega doesn't have the money to risk everything on a new direction and various new IPs. Stick to Sonic, but make those games better.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

has sega even developed anything good this gen? (not published) outside of a couple ok sonic games i really can't think of anything.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Another48hours

has sega even developed anything good this gen? (not published) outside of a couple ok sonic games i really can't think of anything.

AsadMahdi59
I forgot, what score did the new NiGHTS game get on GS?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Yeah, they should totally replace the one sure IP that makes money for them regardless of quality, is one of the four series that will still receive retail publishing, and has begun to regain positive critical reception since 2010. Great idea.

I'm convinced at this point you just love making threads for the hell of it.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Another48hours

Yeah, they should totally replace the one sure IP that makes money for them regardless of quality, is one of the four series that will still receive retail publishing, and has begun to regain positive critical reception since 2010. Great idea.

Renegade_Fury
Yes, because they definitely never lost any money, it isn't becoming irrelevant, and people are still interested in him. This is why fans should just be killed because they are completely - Not to mention the fact the fanbase is barely existent anymore, what's there have no idea what they want and actually don;t buy some of the games because it;s not what they want.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
And replaceit with what exactly?? Nothing Sega has ever done is as well known as Sonic, thats kinda the point of a mascot. Brand recognition.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Another48hours
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]And replaceit with what exactly?? Nothing Sega has ever done is as well known as Sonic, thats kinda the point of a mascot. Brand recognition.

Development wise yes.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Another48hours
^ But denying that it's been falling and splitting this whole gen is just wrong. They need something to at least hold it up if not replace it, and a lot of the games that they have Pubed have all been more successful than the majority of Sonic games this gen.
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

Toejam and Earl should be there mascotts

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts
Two words: heck no.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Another48hours

Yes, because they definitely never lost any money, it isn't becoming irrelevant, and people are still interested in him. This is why fans should just be killed because they are completely - Not to mention the fact the fanbase is barely existent anymore, what's there have no idea what they want and actually don;t buy some of the games because it;s not what they want.

I'm not having this argument with you again, when you clearly just argue just for the sake of it. Sonic's fanbase is still huge regardless whom it comprises of, and you're clearly talking out of your ass if you think otherwise; the games still sell a crap load whether they're good or bad; the Sonic Team games have gotten significantly better, are praised by both fans and non diehards, and that is an indisputable fact; and SEGA will hang on to Sonic to their last breath because it will always be their cash cow. Your perception of the franchise is wrong, your thread is stupid, and yes, you should feel bad.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Another48hours

[QUOTE="Another48hours"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

I'm not having this argument with you again, when you clearly just argue just for the sake of it. Sonic's fanbase is still huge regardless whom it comprises of, and you're clearly talking out of your ass if you think otherwise; the games still sell a crap load whether they're good or bad; the Sonic Team games have gotten significantly better, are praised by both fans and non diehards, and that is an indisputable fact; and SEGA will hang on to Sonic to their last breath because it will always be their cash cow. Your perception of the franchise is wrong, your thread is stupid, and yes, you should feel bad.

It'sstill huge, but barely has mascot impact, it's very simple to just agree with me there but you're going to run circles, again. Your also, as usual, take your opinion as the majority of fans opinion, even though a large ton don't think Sonic is making a comeback at all, which is why Generations was made, and that is also mixed. They do not all sell "Crap Loads" stop exaggerating to justify the fact the brand is not big. The problem with fans of any series is they speak of other fans opinions and call them facts which you just did which makes no sense because it's stupid. My preception of the franchise is not wrong, you just straight up defined how f*cked up the fanbase is, just claimed you speak for the many many fans that think the series is dying and still is, and called it a fact. You need to go get help, no fans should be acting like you are, it's beyond frightening. I'm not joking either, there's system wars, and there's being a just plain stupid.
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

Haven't you heard, TC?

Sega is pretty much dead.

They're probably going to be shutting down everything that isn't Sonic, Total War, Aliens, or Football Manager related.

Having a mascot now, given Sega's dire state, doesn't really make very much difference at this point.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Sega doesn't have the money to risk everything on a new direction and various new IPs. Stick to Sonic, but make those games better. Spellingiscool

Correct.

They should just terminate everyone on the current team and make another team do it.

And if the game turns out bad again, terminate them too :twisted:

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Sonic is a very recognisable character, this was from 2008 but in a UK poll Sonic came number 1 for favourite video game character. link They don't have anyone else who comes close, games like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games shows that Sonic is still relevant.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Another48hours
[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]Sonic is a very recognisable character, this was from 2008 but in a UK poll Sonic came number 1 for favourite video game character. link They don't have anyone else who comes close, games like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games shows that Sonic is still relevant.

Games like Sonic & Mario ate the OG is the complete opposite of what you just said. They are trying to add Marios relevance to theirs.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It's pretty much impossible to remove Sonic as Sega's mascot. Even if Sega stopped making Sonic games and started focuising on others, when people think of Sega, they think "Sonic the Hedgehog."

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Another48hours

It's pretty much impossible to remove Sonic as Sega's mascot. Even if Sega stopped making Sonic games and started focuising on others, when people think of Sega, they think "Sonic the Hedgehog."

DJ-Lafleur
Not exactly that much this gen.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Another48hours"] Yes, because they definitely never lost any money, it isn't becoming irrelevant, and people are still interested in him. This is why fans should just be killed because they are completely - Not to mention the fact the fanbase is barely existent anymore, what's there have no idea what they want and actually don;t buy some of the games because it;s not what they want.Another48hours

It'sstill huge, but barely has mascot impact, it's very simple to just agree with me there but you're going to run circles, again. Your also, as usual, take your opinion as the majority of fans opinion, even though a large ton don't think Sonic is making a comeback at all, which is why Generations was made, and that is also mixed. They do not all sell "Crap Loads" stop exaggerating to justify the fact the brand is not big. The problem with fans of any series is they speak of other fans opinions and call them facts which you just did which makes no sense because it's stupid. My preception of the franchise is not wrong, you just straight up defined how f*cked up the fanbase is, just claimed you speak for the many many fans that think the series is dying and still is, and called it a fact. You need to go get help, no fans should be acting like you are, it's beyond frightening. I'm not joking either, there's system wars, and there's being a just plain stupid.

lol, sorry my friend, but calling me stupid while saying SEGA needs a new mascot after gutting SoA when Sonic is their biggest and most published franchise doesn't seem off to you? .:lol:

It doesn't matter if Sonic isn't a Mario status icon anymore, he's still the biggest they have, and yes those games do sell a crap load. You think they would publish Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Colors, Sonic Colors DS, Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic '06, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic: Dark Brotherhood, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Generations DS, and all in this gen if the brand didn't sell and that there wasn't a fanbase to buy all this? :lol:

Oh, and let's not forget their digital titles like re-releasing Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles on every platform known to man, the Sonic CD remake, Sonic 4 Ep1, and Sonic 4 Ep 2 which comes out next month.

It doen't matter if there are so many segments of the fanbase. Know why? Because they still all buy the games. They all **** about what they want, but in the end, they're sheep. I've been with this franchise a long time, so I know all ends of the spectrum, and how long their principles last. Even if they have the will power to resist, someone is CLEARLY buying these games ,m regardless. All of your arguments revolve around attacking the fanbase rather than looking at the overall picture, which is why I call your perception wrong, which it is. Go look at the reviews, check around the web like here, Sonic Retro, Sonic Stadium, and the consenus from both the fans and non fans is that the games have improved.

So again, yeah, you're wrong on every account. I don't take this **** personally if you think that, but I also don't talk out of my ass either. :)

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

Yes because the Sonic games never were very good to begin with, even the original games.

Bigboi500

:roll:

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Another48hours

Renegade_Fury

lol, sorry my friend, but calling me stupid while saying SEGA needs a new mascot after gutting SoA when Sonic is their biggest and most published franchise doesn't seem off to you? .:lol:

It doesn't matter if Sonic isn't a Mario status icon anymore, he's still the biggest they have, and yes those games do sell a crap load. You think they would publish Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Colors, Sonic Colors DS, Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic '06, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic: Dark Brotherhood, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Generations DS, and all in this gen if the brand didn't sell and that there wasn't a fanbase to buy all this? :lol:

Oh, and let's not forget their digital titles like re-releasing Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles on every platform known to man, the Sonic CD remake, Sonic 4 Ep1, and Sonic 4 Ep 2 which comes out next month.

It doen't matter if there are so many segments of the fanbase. Know why? Because they still all buy the games. They all **** about what they want, but in the end, they're sheep. I've been with this franchise a long time, so I know all ends of the spectrum, and how long their principles last. Even if they have the will power to resist, someone is CLEARLY buying these games ,m regardless. All of your arguments revolve around attacking the fanbase rather than looking at the overall picture, which is why I call your perception wrong, which it is. Go look at the reviews, check around the web like here, Sonic Retro, Sonic Stadium, and the consenus from both the fans and non fans is that the games have improved.

So again, yeah, you're wrong on every account. I don't take this **** personally if you think that, but I also don't talk out of my ass either. :)

So you think that because they release many games that means they sell? You are completely hopeless. So I guess since MEgaman had 3043 portable games that cost $5 each to make and they barely made any profit, must mean they sell! It all makes sense! And look at Megaman no! He's still as relevant as he was... wait, no he's not.

This is reaching pretty far out, you're even starting to base sales profits off releases now including a **** ton of portable games that cost $5 to make and should be giving them straight profits, yet Sega is not fully financially stable? Also, when did I say that Sonic didn't have a fanbase? I said it was divided, getting smaller, and contain obsessive people like you who need to go get help.

Where the hell did you get that releasing DD meant that Sonic was still big? Anyone can do it, it takes like $0 to do, it doesn;t mean anything, that doesn;t mean the series is big, Metal Slug is long from relevant and MS3 is on XBLA. I am serious, you are reaching for things that aren;t even connected anymore.

I know Sonic fans that won't buy sonic games because they do not have black eyes, so the majority of the fanbase thinks so to. Did that last sentence I made make no sense to you? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Yourone opinion is not what the majority of the fans think because some people agree with you. It's not afact. STOP DOING THAT. IT'S NOT GOOD, IT"S NOT SAFE, AND IT"S SCARY.

For all you know, there are more fans of Sonic that don't even know what those webstites you listed are, and most likely that's true. You also don't know the opinions of each individual person. Sonic games sell slower and slower for a reason, he;s not as big as you keep exaggerating, you are not speaking facts at all, it's your opinion that you're calling fact, you're connecting things that aren't onnected.

You have not proven a single one of my points wrong, if anybody agrees with anything you have said here, it;s because they are an idiot or a Sonic fan that just wants to agree with another Sonic fan because nothing you said makes any sense or is valid. You need f*ucking help go F$cking get some. Stop making illusions for yourself. Almost all there published games have made more profit and money, if they just used their Developed games this gen, they would be bankrupt.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Bigboi500
Ah bad troll, you didn't do what your master told you now back in your cage!!! *Cracks Whip* :evil:
csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 csftar
Member since 2009 • 937 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Another48hours

that's because Sega has done very little that is worth talking about this gen besides publishing Total War.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Nope,

Sonic Colors - over 1.8million sold.

Sonic Generations - over 1.6million sold.

I'd say the franchise is still significant.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
lol, even if they tired it wouldn't work.
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

When people think of sega they think of poorly made games these days. Maybe their mascot should be a white flag.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Another48hours"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

csftar

that's because Sega has done very little that is worth talking about this gen besides publishing Total War.

Pretty much,not to mention FM. Interesting to see that aside from Sonic,the two biggest and best selling franchises they publish this gen are PC exclusives.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Another48hours"] It'sstill huge, but barely has mascot impact, it's very simple to just agree with me there but you're going to run circles, again. Your also, as usual, take your opinion as the majority of fans opinion, even though a large ton don't think Sonic is making a comeback at all, which is why Generations was made, and that is also mixed. They do not all sell "Crap Loads" stop exaggerating to justify the fact the brand is not big. The problem with fans of any series is they speak of other fans opinions and call them facts which you just did which makes no sense because it's stupid. My preception of the franchise is not wrong, you just straight up defined how f*cked up the fanbase is, just claimed you speak for the many many fans that think the series is dying and still is, and called it a fact. You need to go get help, no fans should be acting like you are, it's beyond frightening. I'm not joking either, there's system wars, and there's being a just plain stupid.Another48hours

So you think that because they release many games that means they sell? You are completely hopeless. So I guess since MEgaman had 3043 portable games that cost $5 each to make and they barely made any profit, must mean they sell! It all makes sense! And look at Megaman no! He's still as relevant as he was... wait, no he's not.

This is reaching pretty far out, you're even starting to base sales profits off releases now including a **** ton of portable games that cost $5 to make and should be giving them straight profits, yet Sega is not fully financially stable? Also, when did I say that Sonic didn't have a fanbase? I said it was divided, getting smaller, and contain obsessive people like you who need to go get help.

Where the hell did you get that releasing DD meant that Sonic was still big? Anyone can do it, it takes like $0 to do, it doesn;t mean anything, that doesn;t mean the series is big, Metal Slug is long from relevant and MS3 is on XBLA. I am serious, you are reaching for things that aren;t even connected anymore.

I know Sonic fans that won't buy sonic games because they do not have black eyes, so the majority of the fanbase thinks so to. Did that last sentence I made make no sense to you? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Yourone opinion is not what the majority of the fans think because some people agree with you. It's not afact. STOP DOING THAT. IT'S NOT GOOD, IT"S NOT SAFE, AND IT"S SCARY.

For all you know, there are more fans of Sonic that don't even know what those webstites you listed are, and most likely that's true. You also don't know the opinions of each individual person. Sonic games sell slower and slower for a reason, he;s not as big as you keep exaggerating, you are not speaking facts at all, it's your opinion that you're calling fact, you're connecting things that aren't onnected.

You have not proven a single one of my points wrong, if anybody agrees with anything you have said here, it;s because they are an idiot or a Sonic fan that just wants to agree with another Sonic fan because nothing you said makes any sense or is valid. You need f*ucking help go F$cking get some. Stop making illusions for yourself. Almost all there published games have made more profit and money, if they just used their Developed games this gen, they would be bankrupt.

lol, you make me laugh. Seriously, you do. I can't tell whether you're trolling or really this loony. :lol:

Please, continue attacking my sanity, say that it takes no money to create a game, compare it to Mega Man: a series which is treated completely differently, isn't the the sole franchise that predominately receives the most annual releases and dedication towards, and that literally defines said company both financially and symbolically. And you say I'm connecting things that shouldn't be? :lol:

The Sonic fansites I listed, are just sample size example consisting of some of those black eye loving people you're so hell bent over. Guess what? They think the Sonic Team games have improved too along with reviewers. I haven't once stated that Sonic is some super mega 20 million seller, like what you're trying to label me as to go along with your "points," but rather like I always have, just stating what the general consensus is, and in this thread, how much SEGA depends on the series. Oh wait, you're right, there's no way I could have looked at sales, fan opinion across multiple sources, and read and watched reviews from multiple outlets. Nah, I must think Sonic is just relevant as he was in the 90's despite no longer being a console exclusive, having massive dips in quality for 15 years, and not being advertised 24/7 via commercials, fast food toys, and television cartoons. It's absolutley inconceivable for me to comprehend a natural loss of sales regadless of improved quality of play as of late, so please, continue to believe that all of this is magically coming to me in some type of schizophrenic hallucination.

You're right, SEGA totally needs to listen to the ramblings of a guy that likes to thump his own chest, and CLEARLY knows everything about the status of Sonic the Hedgehog based off his hatred for the fanbase, and his ignorgance of the general consensus and improvement in gameplay. I should just go cry into my Sonic pillow, because now he's going to die. :(

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BibiMaghoo
Tc, you are completely missing the purpose of a mascot even though it has been explained to you.... Nothing, nothing at all, speaks Sega as much as Sonic. This is why he is the mascot, and this is why it should remain that way. This is also why you are wrong. /thread.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Another48hours
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]Tc, you are completely missing the purpose of a mascot even though it has been explained to you.... Nothing, nothing at all, speaks Sega as much as Sonic. This is why he is the mascot, and this is why it should remain that way. This is also why you are wrong. /thread.

So what happened to Alex Kidd? /Thread. Idiots.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Another48hours
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"] So I assume based on replacing responses with insults you agree with me over almost everything I said in the last post. Great. You also once again, and I swear if anybody doesn;t see this they need to leave, said your opinion is fact because across the whole fanbased based on other peoles opinion. The fact you keep doing this indicates you need help and you aren't even denying you have this problem. Oh how is Megaman treated that much differently? A series that was Capcom number one mascot with his picture all over the place just like Sonic. A split fanbase that are full of idiots who have no idea what they want, just like Sonic, having drops in quality, just like Sonic, Milking games and still loosing money and relevancy, just like Sonic. You aren't seeing this from a business point of view, you're seeing it through your illusions. You also again, really need to stop saying the majority (implying all) the fanbase believes Sonics improving. You have no way of stating this, and you have no right to say it's a fact. For someone thinking they know the fanbase, you sure don;t know anything about the fanbase. You also have stated many times that if Sonic is releasing many games (Including DD games that take no money to release) that means he's big and relevant, implying he's still selling well although I will admit you did not directly state that although you're still wrong, especially how much you exaggerate how much relevance he still has. Also, I am not connecting things that don't go together, everyone that has a brain knows Sega as a whole company is not doing that well, although better than before, everyone knows they do not have money to throw around, except fanboys like you, so if they haven't improved much from before than what makes you think that the Sonic games are still the profit for Sega which you keep implying out the ass? Also, everyone with a brain also knows that Sega made more money off their other games then Sonic this gen with few exceptions (like Madworld which they pubed I believe.) proving that not only can you not read because you f'ed the meaning of what I was saying, but because you know nothing about the company you're a fan of. And please, it's clear to anybody that can't read you have stated at least 4 times "It's fact that Sonic games are improving because of others people opinions."You also claimed that all the fans, including the black eye fans (despite me knowing some who actually didn't buy the newer Sonic games) all factually decided, and you did say fact, that the games were improving. Because you said it was fact. Even though you mentioned you went and looked at opinions. If anything at all, it;s the fact you keep doing the above that really pretty much confirms you actually do need to get help because you don't even know what a fact is. Seriously Renegade, no one is trolling, go get some damn help.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renegade_Fury

So I assume based on replacing responses with insults you agree with me over almost everything I said in the last post. Great. You also once again, and I swear if anybody doesn;t see this they need to leave, said your opinion is fact because across the whole fanbased based on other peoles opinion. The fact you keep doing this indicates you need help and you aren't even denying you have this problem. Oh how is Megaman treated that much differently? A series that was Capcom number one mascot with his picture all over the place just like Sonic. A split fanbase that are full of idiots who have no idea what they want, just like Sonic, having drops in quality, just like Sonic, Milking games and still loosing money and relevancy, just like Sonic. You aren't seeing this from a business point of view, you're seeing it through your illusions. You also again, really need to stop saying the majority (implying all) the fanbase believes Sonics improving. You have no way of stating this, and you have no right to say it's a fact. For someone thinking they know the fanbase, you sure don;t know anything about the fanbase. You also have stated many times that if Sonic is releasing many games (Including DD games that take no money to release) that means he's big and relevant, implying he's still selling well although I will admit you did not directly state that although you're still wrong, especially how much you exaggerate how much relevance he still has. Also, I am not connecting things that don't go together, everyone that has a brain knows Sega as a whole company is not doing that well, although better than before, everyone knows they do not have money to throw around, except fanboys like you, so if they haven't improved much from before than what makes you think that the Sonic games are still the profit for Sega which you keep implying out the ass? Also, everyone with a brain also knows that Sega made more money off their other games then Sonic this gen with few exceptions (like Madworld which they pubed I believe.) proving that not only can you not read because you f'ed the meaning of what I was saying, but because you know nothing about the company you're a fan of. And please, it's clear to anybody that can't read you have stated at least 4 times "It's fact that Sonic games are improving because of others people opinions."You also claimed that all the fans, including the black eye fans (despite me knowing some who actually didn't buy the newer Sonic games) all factually decided, and you did say fact, that the games were improving. Because you said it was fact. Even though you mentioned you went and looked at opinions. If anything at all, it;s the fact you keep doing the above that really pretty much confirms you actually do need to get help because you don't even know what a fact is. Seriously Renegade, no one is trolling, go get some damn help.Another48hours

So another post of go get help? You're calling me crazy over a video game franchise, and you think I'm the one replacing responses with insults and is off his rocker? Seriously, do you ever take a step back and reflect over the crap you write? :lol:

Tell me since you're so smart, how would you get an indication of the game's quality rather than just using one's personal opinion and experience from playing them? Could it be via the most hardcore fansites which consist of members that actually communicate with SEGA and help develop games, video game review sites such as this one, observing sale trends? No, you say? You're hiding behind the BS of "OH YOU CAN'T POLL EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD SO YOU KNOW NOTHINGGGG!" crap. To top it all off you use the "people you know" as a way to 100% counter me completely when you're trying to imply I cannot at all gauge anything. Hmm.. who would have a better idea on the state of the franchise? The guy that plays the games, and takes the time to look around, or the nut that thinks everyone is wrong, and has a world against him attiude in a thread that no one agrees with him on such a ridiculous proposal? So hard! How have the games factually NOT improved? Explain that one to me, because I really want to know how for the last 6 years, Sonic Team has not implemented improvements with each release. Did you play them? I'm asking you, because for some reason you act as if I'm not allowed to use my opinion or refer to the bulk of others. You rather hold on to the whole "the fanbase is crazy, and so are you" schtick, because doing anything logical would only distroy your ridiculous stance.

Mega Man is not the same as Sonic, because Capcom is not chained by the leg to it. Mega Man had dips, yes, but Capcom has other massive iconic franchises like, I don't know, STREET FIGHTER, RESIDENT EVIL, etc., so that they can afford to shelve Mega Man. In a world where platformers are becoming niche, Capcom not only has options, but has the financial situation to allow them to be flexible. SEGA? Not so much. Sonic was their flagship series in their hey day, and is THE franchise you think of when you think of SEGA even now. Opa-Opa and Alex Kidd NEVER carried the kind of weight Sonic did, and today when SEGA is bleeding, the last thing they need to do is follow your ridiculous suggestion of starting anew, take a risk, and throw away sure fire sales and their identity. For someone saying I don't follow SEGA's business, or even know anything about business in general, you sure have a suggested a dumbass business crippling decision. :lol:

Here's the thing: Sonic sells, the franchise is relevant, the franchise is not going anywhere and is one of the four that will receive retail publishing, and the Sonic Team games are improving. That's all there is to it. If you think otherwise, then take your own suggestion of getting help, because arguing with a crazy **** gets boring to me after a while.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Nope,

Sonic Colors - over 1.8million sold.

Sonic Generations - over 1.6million sold.

I'd say the franchise is still significant.

Crossel777

It sucks now though.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Bigboi500

I hate you

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="Another48hours"][QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]Tc, you are completely missing the purpose of a mascot even though it has been explained to you.... Nothing, nothing at all, speaks Sega as much as Sonic. This is why he is the mascot, and this is why it should remain that way. This is also why you are wrong. /thread.

So what happened to Alex Kidd? /Thread. Idiots.

:lol: You think alex kidd is more recognised than sonic???? You are a moron confirmed.....
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

In one word NO,when I think SEGA I think Sonic,I grew up with sonic had every SEGA system.Yeah they have countless amounts of amazing franchises,but when most people think of SEGA they think of Sonic

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts
don't see the need to, they just need to stop making Sonic games I mean Mickey Mouse is pretty much the lead Disney mascot and they keep on without him just fine
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Another48hours

[QUOTE="Another48hours"]

So another post of go get help? You're calling me crazy over a video game franchise, and you think I'm the one replacing responses with insults and is off his rocker? Seriously, do you ever take a step back and reflect over the crap you write? :lol:

Tell me since you're so smart, how would you get an indication of the game's quality rather than just using one's personal opinion and experience from playing them? Could it be via the most hardcore fansites which consist of members that actually communicate with SEGA and help develop games, video game review sites such as this one, observing sale trends? No, you say? You're hiding behind the BS of "OH YOU CAN'T POLL EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD SO YOU KNOW NOTHINGGGG!" crap. To top it all off you use the "people you know" as a way to 100% counter me completely when you're trying to imply I cannot at all gauge anything. Hmm.. who would have a better idea on the state of the franchise? The guy that plays the games, and takes the time to look around, or the nut that thinks everyone is wrong, and has a world against him attiude in a thread that no one agrees with him on such a ridiculous proposal? So hard! How have the games factually NOT improved? Explain that one to me, because I really want to know how for the last 6 years, Sonic Team has not implemented improvements with each release. Did you play them? I'm asking you, because for some reason you act as if I'm not allowed to use my opinion or refer to the bulk of others. You rather hold on to the whole "the fanbase is crazy, and so are you" schtick, because doing anything logical would only distroy your ridiculous stance.

Mega Man is not the same as Sonic, because Capcom is not chained by the leg to it. Mega Man had dips, yes, but Capcom has other massive iconic franchises like, I don't know, STREET FIGHTER, RESIDENT EVIL, etc., so that they can afford to shelve Mega Man. In a world where platformers are becoming niche, Capcom not only has options, but has the financial situation to allow them to be flexible. SEGA? Not so much. Sonic was their flagship series in their hey day, and is THE franchise you think of when you think of SEGA even now. Opa-Opa and Alex Kidd NEVER carried the kind of weight Sonic did, and today when SEGA is bleeding, the last thing they need to do is follow your ridiculous suggestion of starting anew, take a risk, and throw away sure fire sales and their identity. For someone saying I don't follow SEGA's business, or even know anything about business in general, you sure have a suggested a dumbass business crippling decision. :lol:

Here's the thing: Sonic sells, the franchise is relevant, the franchise is not going anywhere and is one of the four that will receive retail publishing, and the Sonic Team games are improving. That's all there is to it. If you think otherwise, then take your own suggestion of getting help, because arguing with a crazy **** gets boring to me after a while.

Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Another48hours"] So I assume based on replacing responses with insults you agree with me over almost everything I said in the last post. Great. You also once again, and I swear if anybody doesn;t see this they need to leave, said your opinion is fact because across the whole fanbased based on other peoles opinion. The fact you keep doing this indicates you need help and you aren't even denying you have this problem. Oh how is Megaman treated that much differently? A series that was Capcom number one mascot with his picture all over the place just like Sonic. A split fanbase that are full of idiots who have no idea what they want, just like Sonic, having drops in quality, just like Sonic, Milking games and still loosing money and relevancy, just like Sonic. You aren't seeing this from a business point of view, you're seeing it through your illusions. You also again, really need to stop saying the majority (implying all) the fanbase believes Sonics improving. You have no way of stating this, and you have no right to say it's a fact. For someone thinking they know the fanbase, you sure don;t know anything about the fanbase. You also have stated many times that if Sonic is releasing many games (Including DD games that take no money to release) that means he's big and relevant, implying he's still selling well although I will admit you did not directly state that although you're still wrong, especially how much you exaggerate how much relevance he still has. Also, I am not connecting things that don't go together, everyone that has a brain knows Sega as a whole company is not doing that well, although better than before, everyone knows they do not have money to throw around, except fanboys like you, so if they haven't improved much from before than what makes you think that the Sonic games are still the profit for Sega which you keep implying out the ass? Also, everyone with a brain also knows that Sega made more money off their other games then Sonic this gen with few exceptions (like Madworld which they pubed I believe.) proving that not only can you not read because you f'ed the meaning of what I was saying, but because you know nothing about the company you're a fan of. And please, it's clear to anybody that can't read you have stated at least 4 times "It's fact that Sonic games are improving because of others people opinions."You also claimed that all the fans, including the black eye fans (despite me knowing some who actually didn't buy the newer Sonic games) all factually decided, and you did say fact, that the games were improving. Because you said it was fact. Even though you mentioned you went and looked at opinions. If anything at all, it;s the fact you keep doing the above that really pretty much confirms you actually do need to get help because you don't even know what a fact is. Seriously Renegade, no one is trolling, go get some damn help.Renegade_Fury

Observing sale trends> You do realize Segas and Sonisc trends have been declining write? Also, once gain, you're using opinions as fact based on other peoples obinions. Again. This is the primary reason why you need help. You are also slightly changing what you said before. I am also not hiding behind polling the whole world, everyone here knows you stated "It's Fact" so many times now, and now you're claiming I am hiding behind you not polling everyone? You're the one that more than once, claimed that the people I know who did not but the new Sonic games did, and the whole generally fact amongst Sonic fans is that they all agreed on the series being improved including the ones I know. You also, again, said it was fact. You did this. Denying this is the exact reason why you are mentally OCD about Sonic. It's not freaking good , you are doing this. stop.

Another part of your first text wall is the fact you're now saying what game has not improved. Which is BS, you then go on to say in the past 6 years what Has Sonic team not improved on. Which even Sonic fans would call BS on you for, because I am sure games like 06, and the BK are always considred improvements in the community and they all came out in the last 6 years. You're not just being stupid. You also have not one person backing you up, mostly because you continue to state that the gathering of your opinions makes fact based on BS. Again. More on that later.

Regarding your Megaman wall of text, Megaman was pretty much irrelevant before platformrs became a niche this gen by the constant abuse it got at the end of the last one. Also, Sonic is not doing well while they are publishing very good games and actually own more finacially profitable series. Exactly how does Sonic have them on a chain? In a fan point of view maybe, but from every other point of view, I would use the more relevant titles right now as an Image, or at least up them to close to mascot status. It would also not be a crippling business decision. It's the same situation Accolade was in and look waht happened to them following your idea.

Your conslusion is poor as well. Sonic is selling not very well, he has lost relevancy, you changed it to saying I sad he was completely irrelevant because you need to make up your own ammo. The franchise has been decling, Sega is not making much if any profit off it when you put it next to the others with it only being profitable at all because of the number of games and re-releases which are all not doing well individually and not meeting expectations or goals at all.

But the main problem here is this, you do this over and over and over again. All the above means you need help, but the part that worries me about you the most is the fact of:

You keep saying that your opinion if fact based on opinions.

You, even now, say that Sonic games HAVE IMPROVED and have it as a fact when that's also based on opinion.

You said the fans I know (The Sonic Black Eyes Fans) factually realize the series is improving and buy the games. Even though the ones I know don't.

You said that Sonic fans and reviews factually believe the series is improving based on nothing opinions.

Also, you consider like 2 Sonic sites that are hardcore to be the majority of the fanbase as well, or implied it, and also stated some things with that were fact.

You do not know what a fact is, and I am not insulting you, I am serisouly asking you to go get help, the fact you're doing the above over and over is just being scary if yu ignore everything else. Just those by itself is reason enough to go get help, the other stuff just adds on top. Seriosuly, please go, I;m trying to be nice. I'm being serious.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Renegade_Fury

Blah, Blah, you're crazy, you write a wall of text while I go write a wall of text twice the length of yours, no one is helping you because they couldn't give a rat's ass about such a lame ass discussion, moan, whine, cry, etc. Seriously, 48hours, go get help; it's not healthy to care so much over dumb ****. :lol: :(

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#44 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

No Sonic is SEGAS money machine more games will come as long as he sells.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Another48hours

Blah, Blah, you're crazy, you write a wall of text while I go write a wall of text twice the length of yours, no one is helping you because they couldn't give a rat's ass about such a lame ass discussion, moan, whine, cry, etc. Seriously, 48hours, go get help; it's not healthy to care so much over dumb ****. :lol: :(

Renegade_Fury
I am not the one who needs help in the discussion you do. Nobody is choosing your side because it makes no sense. You are also avoiding the facts you keep using the word facts with things that are opinions. You're running from all the points I made and you're running from your Ocd, and serisouly I am not insulting you, how do you say opinions are facts in every single post and not realize you are without having a problem You shouldn't call yourself a dumbsh*t I care about you because the problem will get worse over time. Just trying to help. You seriously actually need it.
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Another48hours

No Sonic is SEGAS money machine more games will come as long as he sells.

chocolate1325
No it isn't. It's not even the highest in profit unless you include DD. Sega isn't making that kind of money, if Sonic was a money machine they wouldn't be loosing so much damn money at the same time. It would also help if Sammy actually threw some games out to if there are any Sammy devs left.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Another48hours

I am not the one who needs help in the discussion you do. Nobody is choosing your side because it makes no sense. You are also avoiding the facts you keep using the word facts with things that are opinions. You're running from all the points I made and you're running from your Ocd, and serisouly I am not insulting you, how do you say opinions are facts in every single post and not realize you are without having a problem You shouldn't call yourself a dumbsh*t I care about you because the problem will get worse over time. Just trying to help. You seriously actually need it.

I just KNEW you were going to say I was running away. :lol:

If thinking that makes you feel better rather than just believing I don't care about traversing your wall of crap, go ahead. I don't want to be responsble for the acts of a no logic following nut. Please get help, friend, I'll be praying for you. :(

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Another48hours

Renegade_Fury

I just KNEW you were going to say I was running away. :lol:

If thinking that makes you feel better rather than just believing I don't care about traversing your wall of crap, go ahead. I don't want to be responsble for the acts of a no logic following nut. Please get help, friend, I'll be praying for you. :(

What am I believing? You factually cannot counter any of my points because you factually said opinions were fact which is factually wrong. You can;t say because a bunch of Sonic fans (that aren't all the fanbase) say something is fact, which is exactly how you worded it. You are running, why are you even laughing? You can;t even deny it, it;s the one thing you avoided the entire argument. Why do you think not one person that would usually help you isn't? There's a reason, because you're actually going crazy. go get help. If you just keep denying something you obviously did, it will just get worse later.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

This is how everyone besides TC and Renegade_Fury feels when they enter this thread.........

Desmonic

:lol: As a huge Warhammer 40k fan, this made my day.