Should only console gamers care about Dragon Age?

• 66 results
Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) 3 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Should only console gamers care about Dragon Age? (33 votes)

Yes PC gamers care not 30%
No, regardless of platform, everyone should care, deeply 58%
they have introduced a fully gay character like Pierce from Saints Row, but with worse writing and most likely pretentious 12%

My friends. Having recently played "Divinity: Origin Sin" roughly, 70 seconds ago, I sit and I ponder.

When Dragon Age: Origins was released, much of the excitement was for Bioware creating a CRPG in the vain of Baldurs Gate and similar DND titles.

Then, the dark days, Bioware sold more, EA marketing "advised" them and we had a hack and slash rushed game significantly dumbed down and clearly designed with console primarily in mind.

And now we are in the present, years on from Dragon Age. With promises of Dragon Age 3 being a merger of the two, learning from Dragon Age 2's mistake.

Since Dragon Age, we now have had kickstarter. A great deal of CRPG's, without EA's handle on them are either coming or in fruition.

At this point, since console gamers don't have DnD style RPG's and Dragon Age 3, will probably have an "illusion" of combat, should it only be people on console hardware, giving a shit?

#1 Edited by BldgIrsh (2323 posts) -

You sir need to be entered in a filter on these forums. So I can uncheck you and not see the threads you make...

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10513 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

You sir need to be entered in a filter on these forums. So I can uncheck you and not see the threads you make...

hear, hear!

#3 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25198 posts) -

I actually had no Idea Pierce was gay. The only time he Dresses like that was in that DLC and that was to get Tag to stop rampaging all over the place.

But what does having a Gay person in a video game have anything to do with Dragon Age or Dungeon Crawling RPGs?

I don't have too much hopes for Inquisition, but I'm sure there are others that do care and would like to play that game regardless of what platform they choose to play it on.

#4 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

This isn't relevant at all.

#5 Posted by lostrib (36179 posts) -

@sam890 said:

This isn't relevant at all.

well looking at the TC, why would it be?

#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I actually had no Idea Pierce was gay. The only time he Dresses like that was in that DLC and that was to get Tag to stop rampaging all over the place.

My friend, dressing flamboyantly doesn't make one gay. In Saints Row deep lore, Pierce retorts "i don't usually swing the other way". While (being mature) Saints Row kept this aspect subtle and natural, Bioware have announced like they are helping gays around the world overcome adversity.

Regardless, this is a bonus option.

As a hardcore pc gamer, I have other, better options.

#7 Posted by lostrib (36179 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

My friend, dressing flamboyantly doesn't make one gay. In Saints Row deep lore, Pierce retorts "i don't usually swing the other way". While (being mature) Saints Row kept this aspect subtle and natural, Bioware have announced like they are helping gays around the world overcome adversity.

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

#8 Posted by lawlessx (46675 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Oh will you stop doing that..you're not fooling anyone on this board. You're just a fakeboy

#9 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

/Thread

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Oh will you stop doing that..you're not fooling anyone on this board. You're just a fakeboy

1000 steam games

I was also a professional Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

#11 Edited by BldgIrsh (2323 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

I was also a profession Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

I only see 599 steam games. You sure you copied the right steam account?

#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

I was also a profession Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

600 is almost 3/4 of 1000.

#13 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10513 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

1000 steam games

Says 1000 then when found out to be lying, claims he meant "almost 3/4 of 1000"

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

How fortunate, Kotaku appears to have just posted an article perfectly summarizing the rise of CRPG on pc.

A common line of thinking among modern video game fans goes something like this: Games have gotten dumber. Simpler. Game developers are sanding off the weird edges, dialing back the stats, making everything controller-friendly and aiming for the lowest common denominator. But if that's true, how do games like Divinity: Original Sin exist?

http://kotaku.com/im-glad-theyre-still-making-games-like-divinity-origin-1600013660

This appears to be the problem Dragon Age is having by being shackled to EA. Bioware in general, sadly.

More of a console franchise now, yes?

#15 Edited by remiks00 (1825 posts) -

I really hate your threads man.... First of all, Dragon Age isn't for "everyone". But, if you're a fan of the series, or like medieval fantasy type rpgs, then you definitely should care about the game until given a logical reason "not" to care otherwise; ..regardless of chosen platform. I played both games on Xbox 360 last gen, and I am preordering the collectors edition of DA3 for PC.

Sure, DA2 had it's problems. The combat wasn't as in-depth as DA1. Even if the combat within DA3 does not meet expectations, how would it be irrelevant for pc gamers? lol, stop trying bait a PC vs Console war with every thread you make.

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

I really hate your threads man.... First of all, Dragon Age isn't for "everyone". But, if you're a fan of the series, or like medieval fantasy type rpgs, then you definitely should care about the game until given a logical reason "not"

"When Dragon Age: Origins was released, much of the excitement was for Bioware creating a CRPG in the vain of Baldurs Gate and similar DND titles.

Then, the dark days, Bioware sold more, EA marketing "advised" them and we had a hack and slash rushed game significantly dumbed down and clearly designed with console primarily in mind."

#17 Posted by Bigboi500 (29683 posts) -

White chicks or Asian chicks?

#18 Edited by lawlessx (46675 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

so we are in agreement that you just lied about having 1000 steam games. I really dont care how many games you have..you're a fakeboy

#20 Posted by wis3boi (31301 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

#21 Posted by Zassimick (6469 posts) -

Should anyone care about Dragon Age 3? The answer may surprise you.

@bldgirsh said:

This would be awesomely awesome... if only for a fleeting moment.

#22 Posted by lawlessx (46675 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

+1 ..would help clean out afew trolls

#23 Posted by clone01 (24677 posts) -
#24 Edited by Gue1 (9825 posts) -

finally my ban

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

1000 steam games

I was also a professional Quake 3 player. Why you fellows keep attempting to put credibility into qeastion is very odd.

I see some anime games there with lots of hours. i thought you didn't like those.

And thank god my ban has lifted, now I can go back to the fun!

#25 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1499 posts) -

Yeah, as if the number of Steam games you have is a measurement of how hardcore you are...

#26 Posted by MonsieurX (30038 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

You're clearly the worst fakeboy on GS

#27 Edited by scottpsfan14 (4845 posts) -

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I hate your threads.

#28 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

No one should care about Dragon Age. The world is a complete cliche, the writing has gone from bad to worse, the art style is almost as horrible as the graphics and the 3rd installment is showcasing the blandest most uninteresting party members yet.

Seriously if you're going to have followers so dull you might as well go the Skyrim rout and give them no personality at least than you'll have the excuse that you simply didn't care.

#29 Posted by jake44 (2009 posts) -

Yeah, as if the number of Steam games you have is a measurement of how hardcore you are...

#30 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Sounds to me like they're trying to make the game more like Elder Scrolls which is the most popular non mmo rpg franchise on pc.

#31 Posted by scoots9 (3194 posts) -

No one should care about Dragon Age. Bioware can't make a good games anymore. IMO, not even the first one was good.

#32 Posted by WallofTruth (1575 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

That's actually a legit idea.

#33 Posted by WallofTruth (1575 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Sounds to me like they're trying to make the game more like Elder Scrolls which is the most popular non mmo rpg franchise on pc.

ES is only that popular because of the modding community though and I highly doubt Dragon Age 3 will be moddable.

#34 Edited by lamprey263 (23620 posts) -

well, some people care less about what platform they're playing a game on, some people just get totally hard for generic fantasy

#35 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

ES is only that popular because of the modding community though and I highly doubt Dragon Age 3 will be moddable.

Can you prove that Elder Scrolls wouldn't be popular on pc without mods?

#36 Edited by Krelian-co (10715 posts) -

how is this garbage kid whose only purpose is to actively alienate people still able to make threads? mods are useless.

#37 Posted by silversix_ (14327 posts) -

Dumb question DA3 looks great and not only graphically. Everyone who gives a crap about rpgs should care about this one.

#38 Edited by Krelian-co (10715 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Dumb question DA3 looks great and not only graphically. Everyone who gives a crap about rpgs should care about this one.

da 2 says hi. Anything can happen with bioware at this point, any person that values their money should wait for reviews and opinions to make an informed purchase.

#39 Posted by dommeus (9274 posts) -

how is this garbage kid whose only purpose is to actively alienate people still able to make threads? mods are useless.

Indeed...I was unable to post for 3 days due to having too many of my posts 'flagged'. How does this guy get away with it?!

#40 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Regardless the trolling and lying. You threads always manage to give me some good laughs.

#41 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2058 posts) -

If you like DA Origins, you should be more interested in Pillars of Eternity

If you liked DA2, you should be more interested in Inquisition.

Myself, after fucking up DA with 2, and it seems inquisition will keep goin down that path, i'll be watching POE.

#42 Posted by texasgoldrush (9170 posts) -

When will idiots stop praising Dragon Age Origins?

Its by far the most overrated game that Bioware has ever made. The story is so damned clichéd, the combat is broken, and the world is nothing interesting.

It would have been better of Bioware made Jade Empire II instead in its place.

And Inquisition, looks like I may have to pass on this one. They have no more excuses for rehashing their story this time.

#43 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

A good indication to ascertaining this answer could lay in the download count.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?

#44 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

How does that prove anything? Are you implying that if consolites had access to Skyrim mods they would not download them?

#45 Posted by Jebus213 (8801 posts) -
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

You have to understand that not everybody is as mentally challenged as you.

#46 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

How does that prove anything? Are you implying that if consolites had access to Skyrim mods they would not download them?

Console people download them, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

#47 Edited by Jebus213 (8801 posts) -
#48 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Lol. Everyone hates the uninspired idiot.

#49 Posted by Bruin1986 (1274 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

It's 3/5 of 1000.

#50 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@bldgirsh said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

1000 steam games

It's 3/5 of 1000.

Debatable.