Should Microsoft re-release the XB1 with next gen parts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4992 posts) -

Like mid way through the gen? I mean if COD at the start of the gen can't hit anything higher than last gen resolutions then what happens when games get more demanding?

Will lems settle for 600P on BF5?

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (28705 posts) -

No?

#3 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Both companies should. This feels like a 2010 launch.

#4 Edited by _Matt_ (8787 posts) -

Please please do not make a thread as bad as this again.

#5 Posted by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

Yes, it's just pathetic now.

How can you call it a "next-gen" console if it can't even support 1080p properly.

#6 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

No?

Dont listen to ^^ this guy. A company could release a next gen console with ps2 specs and charge $400 for it and he would say specs dont matter

#7 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro: Of course they should, either that or drop the price to $299

#8 Posted by blackace (19745 posts) -

Like mid way through the gen? I mean if COD at the start of the gen can't hit anything higher than last gen resolutions then what happens when games get more demanding?

They will all be 1080p. Dev haven't even started developing with the new hardware yet. Just wait until the E3.

#9 Posted by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

They will all be 1080p. Dev haven't even started developing with the new hardware yet. Just wait until the E3.

Source? Or are you just brabbling some fanboy nonesense...

Yeah, thought so, it's the latter.

Xbone 720p LOOOOL!!!

#10 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

God Cows are pathetic.

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (28705 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

No?

Dont listen to ^^ this guy. A company could release a next gen console with ps2 specs and charge $400 for it and he would say specs dont matter

Still mad over the Wii U?

It's fine,get over it.

#12 Posted by super600 (29961 posts) -

I feel like locking this thread because this thread is really horrible, but I won't. The xbox one is significantly more powerful than the 360 if you look at the specs sheet for the console. The xbox one does not need to be as powerful as the PS4 to be a next gen console.Let's hope nothing like this is mentioned again.

#13 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16476 posts) -

See this is why idiots shouldn't be allowed to make thread. They start a topic on a subject that they clearly know nothing about, but want to pretend they do as if nobody will call them on it. Well I am calling you on it TC. You are a moron on the subject you brought up and should not have made this thread. There is a LOT more to power output than resolution. AA, AF, lighting, AI, etc. etc. and the X1 (while a piece of crap to me) does all that a lot better than the 360.

#14 Posted by Xplode_games (515 posts) -

No, they should drop the price to reflect the mediocre hardware.

#15 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (4992 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro: Of course they should, either that or drop the price to $299

I would agree to this. It's unfair the morons buying it to charge them $100 more

#16 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4992 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

The hell? lol what are they developing with, PS2 devkits?

#17 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149520 posts) -

I think MS has their console the way they want it....

#18 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4992 posts) -

@super600 said:

I feel like locking this thread because this thread is really horrible, but I won't. The xbox one is significantly more powerful than the 360 if you look at the specs sheet for the console. The xbox one does not need to be as powerful as the PS4 to be a next gen console.Let's hope nothing like this is mentioned again.

Why? Don't stunt discussion. It's a legitimate question.

#19 Edited by silversix_ (13632 posts) -

Both should but neither will

#20 Edited by KHAndAnime (13161 posts) -

They should. And nix the mandatory Kinect. Then maybe they might stand a chance this upcoming gen.