Should I return my 3ds and buy a ps vita?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Haha #legendarytroll

I think by year's end I'll be owning both. Sounds much more promising than going for the HD twins again.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Persona 4 emulator (aka Vita) or Fire Emblem Awakening Machine (3DS)?

take your pick.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] True it they have a 3ds they have different interest to begin with. But same can be said for trading vita for 3ds. When 3ds wouldn't be able to satisfy my intrest in shooters like vita can.

:lol: shooters on a handheld

I used to agrree with you but then sony started making handhelds powerful enough to play them. Now it feels as natural as playing them on home consoles.

My advice? Take a Wii U with you and find a power outlet along with the Gamepad and play Black Ops 2.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Did my post about calling the PS Vita a Persona 4 emulator and the 3DS a Fire Emblem machine get deleted?

(no, apparently glitchspot be glitchin'.)

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I'd rather have a 3DS. There's more games I want.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Nah, keep your 3DS.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Sure if you want a Vita, go for it, but personally I think the 3DS has a stronger future and present game lineup.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
By the looks of it the Vita won't even make it to 2015, it's nothing but a bottomless money pit and Sony should just give up on the handheld market.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
vita doesnt have pokemon x/y, so no.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#60 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

it's really preference.

As someone who has both, I prefer the Vita considerably more. In fact, I don't really touch my 3DS often.

It's mainly due to the hardware. The 3DS is just not nearly as impressive and the 3D didn't really impress me that much.

Vita's library isn't as good, but there are still tons of decent games. The library is underrated IMO. I liked the original DS, but the Vita just feels more fresh than the 3DS. There are more higher rated games on the 3DS, but it's really the same old song and dance.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
Yes, the 3DS has the lesser quality library.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Of course take it back. It's broken, and you just bought it new.

As far as exchanging it for another 3DS or a Vita. Which system has more games you want to play? It's really not that hard. 

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

With PS4 news around the corner...

Am sure PS vita will be integral and play a part to the PS4, so its not just the games and internet.. I'd bank my money on vita.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Do whatever you want with it.  I've owned both and I think it is fairly easy to say that if you can't figure out how to use a 3ds then you'll probably have a slighly worse expereince with the Vita.  I prefer the 3ds games which are plenty and there are plenty more to come instead of how vita has few and has announced very few.  

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#65 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

unless you like games like -asphalt shiinobido2 and ports of console games i say no 

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

if you don't give a crap about Pokemon then get a Vita.

Gue1

yes because pokemon is the only game on the 3ds derp

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lild1425

unless you like games like -asphalt shiinobido2 and ports of console games i say no 

mariokart64fan

I like your unbiased opinion.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts
You want less games?
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lild1425

Does else anyone have both? When it comes to handhelds, I'm seeing an considerably amount of bias compared to systems. Probably because few have both handhelds.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Does else anyone have both? When it comes to handhelds, I'm seeing an considerably amount of bias compared to systems. Probably because few have both handhelds.

lild1425

I had both, but sold my 3DS for a launch Vita. I haven't played any 3DS games after that of course, but I don't really have any interest in most of them anyway, not that they are bad games though. I plan on getting a 3DS again when Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y comes out.

I played the Vita far more than the 3DS, I have had each one for a year so far.  People who say the Vita has no games, or no good games is just ignorant...or a fanboy (most likely the latter).  Both systems have plenty of good games to play.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lild1425

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

-Patrick_92-

I had both, but sold my 3DS for a launch Vita. I haven't played any 3DS games after that of course, but I don't really have any interest in most of them anyway, not that they are bad games though. I played the Vita far more than the 3DS, I have had each one for a year so far. I plan on getting a 3DS again when Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y comes. People who say the Vita has no games, or no good games is just ignorant...or a fanboy (most likely the latter). Both systems have plenty of games to play.

Thanks for the reply; sometimes System Wars makes me feel like I am taking crazy pills. I asked this question because I also have both. I also prefer the Vita so much more than the 3DS. There is plenty to keep busy and especially with PS+ but I hear alot that "it has no games" and it is "unsupported trash". I've had just about every handheld and the 3DS hasn't been played much. The 3DS is just the same-old same-old.

For those with both, it is a common thing I see that the PSV is not nearly as disrepcted.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Short answer: no.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I got a 3ds today and it wont connect to the internet. On the connections it will connect but not to stuff like the web browser and the eshop. Should I return it for a Ps Vita?

For the short amount of time ive played it, ive not been impressed. Ps Vita looks more interesting to me now. Nintendo always have had wacky internet. 

I bought it at walmart, I should be able to get a refund I think. 

slipknot0129
You've only played it a short amount of time. :P Not sure how it's supposed to immediately impress you. What games did you buy for it? Just asking, I got both 3DS and a Vita. I don't think you should return it just cause the internet ain't working for it though.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

I would wait until the next PS Vita with the HDMI port comes out.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="lild1425"]

lild1425

I had both, but sold my 3DS for a launch Vita. I haven't played any 3DS games after that of course, but I don't really have any interest in most of them anyway, not that they are bad games though. I played the Vita far more than the 3DS, I have had each one for a year so far. I plan on getting a 3DS again when Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y comes. People who say the Vita has no games, or no good games is just ignorant...or a fanboy (most likely the latter). Both systems have plenty of games to play.

Thanks for the reply; sometimes System Wars makes me feel like I am taking crazy pills. I asked this question because I also have both. I also prefer the Vita so much more than the 3DS. There is plenty to keep busy and especially with PS+ but I hear alot that "it has no games" and it is "unsupported trash". I've had just about every handheld and the 3DS hasn't been played much. The 3DS is just the same-old same-old.

For those with both, it is a common thing I see that the PSV is not nearly as disrepcted.

No problem man, people like to hate on what they don't have, almost every Vita owner I've talked to loves it.  The 3DS got a lot of disrespect in it's first year too.  However, it seems much worse with the Vita...yet the Vita put out better game in it's first year (my opinion of course).  I now have 19 games for the Vita, PS+ is a hell of a deal lol, I never felt like I had a lack of games to play.

The games are great, but what really separated the Vita from the 3DS for me was the other stuff the system can do.  Netflix looks great on the OLED, Party Chat, Group Messaging, Trophies, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, taking screen caps of my games, etc.  The list seems to go on and on, there is just so much to do with the system.  I know that isn't why people buy a handheld, but it is certainly nice to have, and now the 3DS seems less complete to me because of it. 

I think both are great though, but the blind hate on the Vita around here annoys me, people don't know what they are missing.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lild1425

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

I got a 3ds today and it wont connect to the internet. On the connections it will connect but not to stuff like the web browser and the eshop. Should I return it for a Ps Vita?

For the short amount of time ive played it, ive not been impressed. Ps Vita looks more interesting to me now. Nintendo always have had wacky internet. 

2ndWonder

You've only played it a short amount of time. :P Not sure how it's supposed to immediately impress you. What games did you buy for it? Just asking, I got both 3DS and a Vita. I don't think you should return it just cause the internet ain't working for it though.

Agreed. I recommend Pushmo from eShop (top game if not my all time favorite downloadble arcade game) I wouldn't judge on the internet. If you still can, try them both out. With both, I don't seem to play the 3DS because the Vita hardware is so much better. I've also owned Nintendo handhelds since the original GB so it's possible the games just don't appeal to me anymore. I'd also look at the announced titles. Once Animal Crossing 3DS comes out, I'm sure I'll be on it nonstop.

Although off-topic, if you ever do decide to go Vita, make sure you do your due diligence with the 3G. I never activated mine. Seems the entire world has a WiFi signal now.

darkziosj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 darkziosj
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

only if you want sub-par console releases and no word for new games, sure.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lild1425

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]I had both, but sold my 3DS for a launch Vita. I haven't played any 3DS games after that of course, but I don't really have any interest in most of them anyway, not that they are bad games though. I played the Vita far more than the 3DS, I have had each one for a year so far. I plan on getting a 3DS again when Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y comes. People who say the Vita has no games, or no good games is just ignorant...or a fanboy (most likely the latter). Both systems have plenty of games to play.-Patrick_92-

No problem man, people like to hate on what they don't have, almost every Vita owner I've talked to loves it.  The 3DS got a lot of disrespect in it's first year too.  However, it seems much worse with the Vita...yet the Vita put out better game in it's first year (my opinion of course).  I now have 19 games for the Vita, PS+ is a hell of a deal lol, I never felt like I had a lack of games to play.

The games are great, but what really separated the Vita from the 3DS for me was the other stuff the system can do.  Netflix looks great on the OLED, Party Chat, Group Messaging, Trophies, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, taking screen caps of my games, etc.  The list seems to go on and on, there is just so much to do with the system.  I know that isn't why people buy a handheld, but it is certainly nice to have, and now the 3DS seems less complete to me because of it. 

I think both are great though, but the blind hate on the Vita around here annoys me, people don't know what they are missing.

Yep. I had the 3DS first and was like "wow, this is awesome". It has a portable browser and everything. Then, I got the Vita as well because I didn't know which one I wanted and the browser was far and away better. It's the little stuff like the interface, arcade games, that is so much more functional and visually pleasing.

I also love the PS3 and Vita compatibility. I think it is an overlooked aspect. If you have a PS3, the Vita seems twofold better.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lild1425

I would wait until the next PS Vita with the HDMI port comes out.

Mrmedia01

Whoa! Time out. Why have I not heard of this?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

2ndWonder

I fixed the problem with my 3ds connecting to the internet. I said that on my last reply on this thread. I got New Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Kart 7. Considering downloading Fire Emblem Awakening after I get my 16gb sd card. 

If I never figured out how to get my internet to work on my 3ds, I probably would have tried to return it for a Ps Vita. I do miss not being able to play Mortal Kombat though since I didnt get a Ps Vita. I probably will get a Ps Vita some time next year. 

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lild1425

I fixed the problem with my 3ds connecting to the internet. I said that on my last reply on this thread. I got New Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Kart 7. Considering downloading Fire Emblem Awakening after I get my 16gb sd card. 

If I never figured out how to get my internet to work on my 3ds, I probably would have tried to return it for a Ps Vita. I do miss not being able to play Mortal Kombat though since I didnt get a Ps Vita. I probably will get a Ps Vita some time next year. 

slipknot0129

Nice. Did you get the regular or the XL? I'm afraid to see the XL. Don't think I'll love my lil 3DS the same. Also, I know you just got it, but have you looked into getting a case yet? I have the Nerf one. It basically makes the 3DS an indestructable football, but not incredibly comfortable. Depending on what color you get, it can be only $11 or $12 on Amazon (I just wrote a user review for it). It makes the system a little uncomfortable, but well worth the price. 

I can see the Vita hitting a price drop by the time you are looking to get one. Plus, word around the campfire is that there will be a redesign.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Don't be silly.

Wolfysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 Wolfysteve
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts

Honestly, at this point in time you don't want a vita, and that is coming from a guy who massively preferred the PSP over DS. 

The fact is, Vita has no games. And I am not just saying that. I am not a Nintendo fanboy; I've bought a PSX, 3 PSP's, a PS2 and a PS3. I just think that the Vita might just die. Sony aren't known for cutting off support of a console when its lost them money, but it doesn't have a very hopeful future just yet. 

3DS, it's on a roll. Upcoming we have Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi RPG, Donkey Kong Country, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Lego City Undercover, Dragon Quest and many more awesome titles!

The Vita has better visuals, honestly a lot better. But there's a smaller gap between the two systems than there was with DS and PSP and some games look quite frankly really nice, and so far they are among the best looking handheld games out there.gfs_203273_2_5.jpg997829_20110310_screen002.jpg

I mean, hopefully you don't go for just graphics. If you did you might as well get an iphone 5 instead of a Vita. You get similar (hell probably better) visuals and at least it has games :P

Honestly though. Go back to the place, tell them to replace your 3DS or phone up Nintendo and ask for advice. The problem could be your own wifi rather than the system itself.

Anyway good luck to you regardless of what decision you make.

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Resident Revelations is geting ported to EVERY CONSOLE EXCEPT THE VITA. Even the pirate's haven PC IS GETTING IT.  Capcom has jumed ship. Vita is doomed.

You want to buy a $300 paper weight LOL

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
The fact is, Vita has no games.yWolfysteve
You may not be a fanboy but this is a fanboyish response. If vita has "no games" what does that make 3ds, with even less in my intrest than on vita.