Should I or is there any point of rebuying an xbox 360/ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

So I have had the original Xbox since it first came out and today it just RROD on me. There are some games I am really thinking of picking up such as tomb raider and bioshock infinit but I am un able to play them because well I have nothing to play it on. So as of now im at a crossroads. With the Xbox 720 and ps4 on the Horizon I am debating if it is even worth it at this point to buy a new xbox or to get a ps3. One of the reasons im debating of getting a ps3 is because the last of us is looking like a pretty solid gam as of now. Anyways any type of feedback would be nice.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I like your sig. On topic, why not. If you have a reliable 360 backlog, go pick up a Slim and some new games. Then when the PS4 comes out you can play its and the PS3's games on that if you buy one. That's what I think
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Save your money for a next gen console.  

PS4 will have the option to play the whole playstation cateloug (PS1+PS2+PS3) of games thrugh gaikai (probably paid service but if you played for XBL this would be more then worth a subscription) and next box might be BC or you would at least  be able to play new exclusives since MS has put all focus on their next system

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22865 Posts

I personally think there is still a lot of value in the current consoles... great time to jump in for johnny come latelys and still great content coming out.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS3 is still being supported while the M$ already abandoned the Xbox and the console is on direct life support from the same multiplats that the PS3's getting. 

PS3 = worth it

X360 = waste of money +pay for XBL to play the MP component of games you can play for free on the PS3 and to use Netflix too (basically a scam)

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS4 will have the option to play the whole playstation cateloug (PS1+PS2+PS3) of games thrugh gaikai (probably paid service but if you played for XBL this would be more then worth a subscription) and next box might be BC or you would at least  be able to play new exclusives since MS has put all focus on their next system

casharmy

that's just wishful thinking and is not gonna happen any time soon. Stream services for games suck anyway and you need lightning fast internet for them to be only "decent".

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#7 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I personally think there is still a lot of value in the current consoles... great time to jump in for johnny come latelys and still great content coming out.

TheEroica
I agree with this guy. Current gen consoles have plenty of value and things to play. If I were you I'd just buy another 360 or maybe wait for nextbox details to come out.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

casharmy
But is it streaming or is it gonna be like Steam?
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

timbers_WSU

But is it streaming or is it gonna be like Steam?

Streaming.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

PS3 is still being supported while the M$ already abandoned the Xbox and the console is on direct life support from the same multiplats that the PS3's getting. 

PS3 = worth it

X360 = waste of money +pay for XBL to play the MP component of games you can play for free on the PS3 and to use Netflix too (basically a scam)

Gue1

Aside from a few exclusives the 360 and PS3 are getting the same games this year. And most people have blu-ray players or TV's with Netflix built it to them. God you Cows love to exaggerate.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

It is never to late to buy a console. If there's a decent chunk of exclusives you want, and if you have enough expenses, there is absolutely no reason not to got for it.

I very much doubt that the next generation consoles will have full blown BC. And emulators, or whatever services they have (if they will) will never be accurate enough compared to playing on the original system, not to mention that you'll probably need to re-buy them again trough these supposed services.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
I'd definitely pick up another 360. Theres a chance the next Xbox might be BC, but I wouldn't hold out for it