Should I get Dragon Age Inquisition for PC or PS4?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#51 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I played both of the previous DA games on Xbox 360. I switched to primarily gaming on PC this gen. So I've already preordered this gem through Orgin on PC. Can't wait.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

This helped make my decision, I think I will not get this game at all and boycott it for this DRM. They can wear out someone else's hard drive.

http://gamemag.ru/news/drm-zashchita-dragon-ageinquisition-denuvo-antitamper-ubivaet-ssdhdd-101753

theanimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 theanimaster
Member since 2015 • 46 Posts

I got this for the PS4 expecting awesome gfx and choreographed characters. Boy was I disappointed. Frame rates drop to 12 fps in many cut scenes and the characters move like plastic Barbie dolls. Character customisation is only good for males -- coz if you deviate from the stock settings your character starts becoming very polygonal and deformed. Cinematics suck. The gameplay feels like it's on rails. Even though I got it on sale (just $20 off) I feel gypped. The only good thing about this game is that it sucks so much that it's reignited a passion I've long had to design and develop THE perfect RPG. So now I'm back to doing that....

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I have an i5 4670 and 2 Radeon 7850s in xfire 8GB RAM. Will be getting on PS4. Reason is simple. I can sell or trade my games, so therefore I can play for less (unless find a good PC deal). Also don't have to worry about compatibility issues. We have all seen the dreaded error after a game install and we have to troubleshoot to get things to work. Graphic differences would probably only be noticed if side by side anyway.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#55 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Necromancer strikes again

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Get it for the PS4

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@chriscoolguy said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Get it on the system you want to get it on, don't listen to the disingenuous hermits here. Barely any difference between the two. PS4 version was good enough for this site's lead reviewer to invest 85 + hours into it.

I buy about half my games on PC, half on PS4. I don't get the personal attacks for just trying to talk about it. Thanks for the advice.

Do you value framerates higher than 30 FPS? Do you think you'd benefit from being able to play with a KB/M?

Your PC is more than capable of running DA:I on Ultra at a smooth 60 FPS. It's a very well-optimized game. Ultimately it's up to you, but I'd recommend you get it on PC.

The one caveat is that the game locks itself to 30 FPS in all cutscenes. It can be a little jarring to switch between 60 and 30.

My 970 can't run it at Ultra and maintan 60fps. His 280 which is equivalent to a 7950 has no chance in hell. Even a 980 doesn't maintain 60fps all the time. It's at 59 on average.

Psycho955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Psycho955
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@chriscoolguy: Well, your rig is more than enough to reach 50-60 fps at medium-high settings, and its a Dragon Age game, I feel like they sould be all played on the pc, it is also controller compatible if you really want to use one, even tho the ps4 version is still decent.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

PC, like all other multiplats it runs extremely better and looks noticeably to extremely better.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

This thread died and rotted a long time ago, why does it keep getting dug up?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Simple rule for me: any game likely to get mods buy it for PC. I don't know how well DAI is supported with mods but it really needs them.

I bought it for PS4 and I liked it but I really hated how the levelling is spread out over the whole game so you can outlevel THE ENTIRE THING just by checking out the content early on. I wished I bought it for PC just so I could look for a mod to fix that.

Also, graphics will be better and so will fps. No reason at all to buy it on PS4 over PC if you have a good PC, and lots of reasons to do the opposite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@psycho955 said:

@chriscoolguy: Well, your rig is more than enough to reach 50-60 fps at medium-high settings, and its a Dragon Age game, I feel like they sould be all played on the pc, it is also controller compatible if you really want to use one, even tho the ps4 version is still decent.

I can't stress this enough- if there is a thread on Gamespot that has been inactive for more than 30 days, do not bump it up.