Should I buy a PlayStation 4 or the next Xbox?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

The next generation is fast approaching so that obviously means the next consoles, unlike most people, I don't root for a particular console, I like both, last generation I had the Xbox and this generation I have the PlayStation 3, the bad thing about that is that I don't know what to get next generation, based of current information, what one will be better for me?

• I usually don't buy used games, I only buy them when they are significantly chepar with no passes or there are no brand copies of a particular game left. But I still want the console to play used games.
  • I always buy physical copies of games, I never buy digital copies.
  • I don't like being constantly online, if I'm immersed into a single player, a message from someone to invite me to a Call of Duty match (I don't play CoD by the way) can take me out of that expereince.
  • I would definitely prefer a console with backwards compatibility.
#2 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
thats it come to SW and get a good honest opinion:roll:
#3 Posted by 2scoopsofempty (923 posts) -

lol wait till the nextbox is at least formally annouced first, How can you even compare the two?

#4 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

Your Blindly throwing your money at either company at this point we know little about the PS4 and nothing but rumors for the Xbox720.

#5 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -
thats it come to SW and get a good honest opinion:roll:thedork_knight
this. as for that wait till all info is available and then decide which one you like more.
#6 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
Should you try and use your own brain instead of coming here and expecting an unbiased opinion? Yes
#7 Posted by Kjranu (917 posts) -
I'm having a blast on my Wii U. If I want to play Destiny I already have my PS3 for that.
#8 Posted by bezza2011 (2374 posts) -

playstation has the better exclusives in my eyes, and a whole lot more. Too many microsoft exclusives have already moved over to playstation, and with this article from ign.com it just shows you the sheer exclusive range sony has to offer and most aren't even from the main lot. 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/the-20-playstation-3-exclusives-of-2013

i mean thats just for the ps3, this year, and as much as i do like xbox 360 games i honestly haven't seen enough variety over the years which haven't become multi-plats to get me excited about the new xbox. all i seem to see is gears of war - which is alright, halo which has now left it's home of bungie to a different developer anyway, forza which is a great racing sim but i'm not to into racing and i'm not really into fps's and the fable series which hasn't got the main man who inspired the series anymore so is that going to be any good, probably not. and thats it for the main ones. 

sony has, naughty dog who make great third person action adventure games, resistance which is a good fps, heavy rain developers who are bringing out beyond 2 souls, and probably working on somthing for the ps4 already, team ico, who we haven't really seen this gen except for there hd remakes and little is known about there new game which is now  ps4 exclusive, lots of good exclusive rpg's, i think sony has the better top game exclusives in all genre's. When yes xbox has it's fair share of exclusives but not on par with what sony has to offer in variety.

#9 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

Not enough info to make decision at the moment. Voted PS4 because Im a cow.

#10 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6356 posts) -

To be honest and fair, no one can tell you which console to get. WE know next to nothing about the next Xbox, and we have very little knowlage of the PS4 (Yeah 8 gigs of ram, and the possible ballpark of the gpu).

So anyone giving advice to you, would give them out of blind faith. Not a good way to go deciding.

#11 Posted by tenaka2 (17019 posts) -

The next generation is fast approaching so that obviously means the next consoles, unlike most people, I don't root for a particular console, I like both, last generation I had the Xbox and this generation I have the PlayStation 3, the bad thing about that is that I don't know what to get next generation, based of current information, what one will be better for me?

• I usually don't buy used games, I only buy them when they are significantly chepar with no passes or there are no brand copies of a particular game left. But I still want the console to play used games.
  • I don't like being constantly online, if I'm immersed into a single player, a message from someone to invite me to a Call of Duty match (I don't play CoD by the way) can take me out of that expereince.

RageQuitter69

If you like halo and kinect get xbox.

If your more of a core gamer get the ps4

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

tenaka2

If you like halo and kinect get xbox.

If your more of a core gamer get the ps4

your sheen is showing as a pirate you should be advising him to get a pc.
#13 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
Wait 'til they're both announced and we know what launch titles they'll have, what services they'll provide, price-point, and hardware; then consider which one 'you' want.
#14 Posted by tenaka2 (17019 posts) -

your sheen is showing as a pirate you should be advising him to get a pc.WilliamRLBaker

Yar, i'll not be a pirate!

But no, console gamers find PC gaming a little to challenging, so many buttons to chose from not to mention the hellish mouse! 

But for next gen the ps4 is looking good, MS are still chasing the wii userbase so the focus will be kinect and netflix.

Oh, almost forgot.

willy

#15 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -
Wait.
#16 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Wii U.

#17 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Wait 'til they're both announced and we know what launch titles they'll have, what services they'll provide, price-point, and hardware; then consider which one 'you' want. Inconsistancy

#18 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

The opinion poll is biased as you can see due to the fact that we have no confirmation on the next xbox so most would most likely choose the PS4 option since we have credible confirmation of it

#19 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5117 posts) -
Da Fuq should we know? The next xbox hasn't been revealed yet.
#20 Posted by TheEroica (13301 posts) -
[QUOTE="thedork_knight"]

lol wait till the nextbox is at least formally annouced first, How can you even compare the two?

2scoopsofempty

Your Blindly throwing your money at either company at this point we know little about the PS4 and nothing but rumors for the Xbox720.

Blake135
Should you try and use your own brain instead of coming here and expecting an unbiased opinion? Yesjoel_c17
#21 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -
Based on everything that's come out and been rumoured so far the PS4 is a no-brainer. Having said that, really should wait until MS actually reveal the 720/nextbox/whatever before you make a judgement.
#22 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -
Neither, get a Wii U! Team Galaxy's new Mario game and Monolith Soft's JRPG are going to be phenomenal.
#23 Posted by PAL360 (26704 posts) -

We know nothing official about the next Xbox. So far, Playstation 4 sounds infinitely better than Xbox 3's rumours, though.

#24 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

PS4 aka PS2 part 2/PS2 the sequel/PS2-2

#25 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7782 posts) -

Truly moronic question, EVEN if the next xbox has a good launch, that's all it'll have, M$ always only tries the first year or 2 to create the illusion of supporting the console then they just step back rely on multiplats and marketing. 

Why anyone would waste their money on an Xbox when Sony has so mnay AAA dev studios making quality blockbuster games all gen long, while also getting the best third party support all gen long and still offering casual gimmicks for who wants them... 

I really don't see how this is even worth asking the question, it's so one sided. 

#26 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
Nobody knows anything about the 720 and we know very little about the PS4, how do you expect anybody to answer that? I have a good feeling Microsoft is going for the throat this gen though.
#27 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -
Wait for the Xbox announcement and then make up your mind
#28 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

Wait

#29 Posted by TheEroica (13301 posts) -
"Just wait..." - cow
#30 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -
PS4 if you want a gaming console. Maybe a wiiu if you're into nintendo first party games. That should cover your gaming needs. :]
#31 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Is this even a question? The PS4 made the Xbox brand irrelevant. After next gen the only place you will find an Xbox is on a museum under the failures of gaming section.
#32 Posted by Heil68 (43417 posts) -
Want a console for grandparents, kids under 12 and moms, go for next MS console. Everyone else, strap one on baby, and get the PS4 it's gonna be pedal to the metal. awwwwww yeaahhhh
#33 Posted by Heil68 (43417 posts) -
"Just wait..." - cowTheEroica
I know, waiting for next Tuesday has become a heavy burden!!!!
#34 Posted by rrjim1 (852 posts) -

PS4 if you want a gaming console. Maybe a wiiu if you're into nintendo first party games. That should cover your gaming needs. :]Pete-B
The PS4 has no games!

#35 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27373 posts) -
I always buy physical copies of games, I never buy digital copies.RageQuitter69
This is like someone asking in 2005 should they buy a VHS or a betamax cos they don't like newfangled CD's :| Get with the times gramps!
#36 Posted by Jipset (2409 posts) -
If the rumored specs for the Nextbox are real and their focus is on Kinect, then I'm personally gonna get the ps4 instead. If I were you I would just wait until Microsoft announces the new system and games.
#37 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6193 posts) -

2scoopsofempty
#38 Posted by JMR09 (504 posts) -

Let's all relax and stop jumping the gun, Microsoft will announce the next Xbox in about a month or so. I'm pretty sure we can all wait at least until then to make more of an informed decision.

#39 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Wait till MS offically announces the 720, its price and games. The choose based on what kind of games you like best. Simple. Ignore fanboys who want you to choose before you even see everhything both sides are offering.

#40 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
wait till e3 so u can laugh at the kinectbox and what kinect features it will offer and then decide whether the ps4 or kinectbox interests u more (and the games) and go from there.