Should I be disappointed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

so it's been nearly two weeks with my new xbox one and my feelings are mixed...

i had a 360 and after e3 i've been clearly on the ps4 side, but after a few months i decided to go for the x1 because i prefer their franchises.

all the comparison vids didn't show much difference between the two systems, but now that both are out i'm getting kind of concerned. i bought battlefield 4 and i have to admit it didn't blow me away at all (graphics wise). the aliasing is absolutely terrible, flickering edges all over the place. i haven't seen the ps4 version live yet.

but that new cod ghosts comparison vid from ign clearly shows that resolution DOES matter. i mean the ps4 version is so much sharper and has less jaggys.

so after being disappointed with the bf4 graphics and i didn't expect ghosts looking that much better on ps4, i'm a little bit worried if i made the right choice. i clearly went for next gen to get a new experience (including graphics), so i hope this has to do with time problems for the devs or something like that. i doubt there will be any patches that can bump up the graphics, so i guess i have to live with those flickering visuals for two years?

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@b4il said:

i had a 360 and after e3 i've been clearly on the ps4 side, but after a few months i decided to go for the x1 because i prefer their franchises.

all the comparison vids didn't show much difference between the two systems, but now that both are out i'm getting kind of concerned. i bought battlefield 4 and i have to admit it didn't blow me away at all (graphics wise). the aliasing is absolutely terrible, flickering edges all over the place. i haven't seen the ps4 version live yet.

but that new cod ghosts comparison vid from ign clearly shows that resolution DOES matter. i mean the ps4 version is so much sharper and has less jaggys.

so after being disappointed with the bf4 graphics and i didn't expect ghosts looking that much better on ps4, i'm a little bit worried if i made the right choice. i clearly went for next gen to get a new experience (including graphics), so i hope this has to do with time problems for the devs or something like that. i doubt there will be any patches that can bump up the graphics, so i guess i have to live with those flickering visuals for two years?

You made the wrong one, just look at the background of these pictures

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@fishsticklover: You don't need to focus on the background. Even the grass on the front is sharper.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Why would you make that decision in the first place. Leading up to the launches of both the PS4 and the Xbone there was article after article and video after video of gaming EXPERTS on sites like this saying the PS4 was the superior GAMES machine. Why didn't you believe them!?!?

As far as the franchises that MS has, what ones are there that you prefer?? Halo? Fable? Forza? You do realize that it is HIGHLY likely that Ryse 2, Dead Rising 4 and Titanfall 2 will be multiplat across the board including the PS4. MS doesn't own Crytek, Capcom or Respawn!! Yeah, you made a very, very bad choice. Unless of course you bought the Xbone to make your TV viewing experience better!!!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

If you prefer the Xbox franchises, I'd say stick with the system. Launch games never represent everything hardware is capable of. Remember how crappy Resistance: Fall of Man looked on PS3? Killzone 2&3, God of War, and later entries in the Resistance series mop the floor with it graphically. Give it some time.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@b4il said:

I am highly suspect of this posts authenticity. But, I will play along at the moment.

I have seen BF4 and CoD Ghosts on both. My buddy Trevor has a PS4, and I have an Xbox One. When at each other's houses, we both said the same thing to each other "I can't tell the difference between my version of Ghosts (or BF4) and your version". I suppose you *could* tell if they were side by side, but probably not - especially with BF4since the difference is 900P vs 720P.

If you are looking for a graphical leap, go play the button masher Ryse (I actually have fun with this game). That shows off some next gen graphics.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StormyJoe

@farrell2k said:

You spent $500 for a marginally better system. I would be very disappointed. The good news is that you will have no problems recouping your investment by reselling the console. You will probably even profit a bit. Buying a PS4 to replace it will be tough with current supplies, however. If I were you, I would sell my One and stick with my 360 for two more years.

LOL!

Oh wait... you were serious? Then.. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! The PS4 is "marginally" more powerful than Xbox One! You cows and your secret sauce Kool-Aid - always good for a laugh.

Cows wonder why everyone makes fun of them all the time...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

No. You should know launch games are not indicative of what the games will look like down the road. It's been the same every gen. This isn't new.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Congratulations! You made the right choice. Launch games are never pretty, just look back at the Xbox 360 launch titles. It will take a while before the full power of the Xbox One can be unleashed. The PS4 multi-plats look sharper because its a basic port from the PC version. The Xbox One needs more customisation and that will come with the newer development kits. If you want a taste of what the Xbox is capable of, look at Ryse it blows every PS4 game to date and that was accomplished in a short time for a launch title. Make no mistake, you will be surprised at how the Xbox performs over next year, its a beast of a console.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StormyJoe

@farrell2k said:

@StormyJoe said:

@farrell2k said:

You spent $500 for a marginally better system. I would be very disappointed. The good news is that you will have no problems recouping your investment by reselling the console. You will probably even profit a bit. Buying a PS4 to replace it will be tough with current supplies, however. If I were you, I would sell my One and stick with my 360 for two more years.

LOL!

Oh wait... you were serious? Then.. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! The PS4 is "marginally" more powerful than Xbox One! You cows and your secret sauce Kool-Aid - always good for a laugh.

Nope. The XboxOne is marginally more powerful than the 360, and as such is not worth $500.

Cows gonna cow. So clueless...

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By ConorHat
Member since 2013 • 141 Posts

@b4il said:

i doubt there will be any patches that can bump up the graphics, so i guess i have to live with those flickering visuals for two years?

Umm, actually it will be about 7 years of bad graphics. Oh, and wait until you hook up your first 4K resolution Ultra HDTV. You think the graphics look bad now? Man, you're in for a rough ride.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Call of Duty Ghost is an insult to next gen for both PS4, Xbone and PC, same with Battlefield with all the crashing that is happening.

Multiplatform games will improve way beyond Call of Duty, it is the worst next gen multiplatform effort yet. Offers nothing of note beyond last gen consoles.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I have BF4 on PS4 & it's clear, crisp, and everything runs fast with nothing I can see at all in any way what you're talking about with the X1 version.

I also have CoD Ghosts, KZ SF, Injustice Gods Among Us, Lego Marvel Super heroes, & Knack. All these games in addition to all the PSN digital games I have all look crisp, clear, and run fast. Nothing but perfect on my PS4s.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@farrell2k said:

LOL!

Then why have I yet to see anyone saying bad things about the games on PS4? I play them and they're flawlessly stunning and very very fast. PS4 is fast and downloads 5 games at once faster than X1 can download 1 game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Why buy a xbox one if ur not happy with it I mean u should have done your research before u parted with ur cash.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#19 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

1: x1 cod verson had any work put into it. you know damn well x1. is more powerfull then last gen. it was rushed develop

2: bf4 is a cross gen. dont expect oooo factor

3 before x1 was released it was rumored that the x1 dev tools are behind ps4s so give ot time

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StormyJoe

@clr84651 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@farrell2k said:

LOL!

Then why have I yet to see anyone saying bad things about the games on PS4? I play them and they're flawlessly stunning and very very fast. PS4 is fast and downloads 5 games at once faster than X1 can download 1 game.

Ummm... did you read the reviews?

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By b4il

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS@sukraj well, i never had problems with my 360, halo is my favorite scifi-shooter, i prefer the controller and for me it was the same price as ps4 because i still have gold for a year and got the day one with fifa.

@StormyJoe this is an honest post.

i just expected a little wow-factor. clearly bf4 was the wrong choice for that. the aliasing is really terrible. i just hope the upcoming games like titanfall and halo 5 will amaze me in terms of visuals, otherwise i might worry about the future of this piece of hardware.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

Congratulations! You made the right choice. Launch games are never pretty, just look back at the Xbox 360 launch titles. It will take a while before the full power of the Xbox One can be unleashed. The PS4 multi-plats look sharper because its a basic port from the PC version. The Xbox One needs more customisation and that will come with the newer development kits. If you want a taste of what the Xbox is capable of, look at Ryse it blows every PS4 game to date and that was accomplished in a short time for a launch title. Make no mistake, you will be surprised at how the Xbox performs over next year, its a beast of a console.

Ryse was accomplished in a short time???? Are you friggin kidding me. Ryse was originally a Kinect title for the 360 and was shown off at E3 2009 or 2010. That game has been being worked on for atleast 3 years and it was still marginal at best! I know it is a tough pill for you Xbone buyers to swallow, but what you got for $500 was an all in one entertainment hub that is nothing more than a mediocre gaming console. As this gen progresses, the PS4 will clearly separate itself from the Xbone in terms of both multiplats and exclusives! There will never be an instance where a third party game developer uses the Xbone as the lead platform. You guys will be getting nothing but ports of PC/PS4 titles!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@sukraj said:

Why buy a xbox one if ur not happy with it I mean u should have done your research before u parted with ur cash.

this, is not like every gaming site/magazine hasn't been covering both consoles. I would think it's common sense to research something before you buy it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@b4il: Not sure what you're playing as many have said the CoD game looks sharper on the XB1. both PS4 and XB1 are suppose to be 900P upscaled to 1080P. I personally don't think the visuals look much diference. The game has been a disappointment on every platform since it launched, so you are the first to notice this. Most of the games on the XB1 was created with the older tech and older O/S on their dev kits. I'd say give the system a year. If you are still disappointed, then sell it.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By b4il
@blackace said:

@b4il: Not sure what you're playing as many have said the CoD game looks sharper on the XB1. both PS4 and XB1 are suppose to be 900P upscaled to 1080P. I personally don't think the visuals look much diference. The game has been a disappointment on every platform since it launched, so you are the first to notice this. Most of the games on the XB1 was created with the older tech and older O/S on their dev kits. I'd say give the system a year. If you are still disappointed, then sell it.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/03/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one-vs-ps4-graphics-comparison-retail

i didn't play cod myself on next-gen, i was talking about bf4. but this new comparison video from ign clearly shows the difference.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@b4il said:
@blackace said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/03/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one-vs-ps4-graphics-comparison-retail

i didn't play cod myself on next-gen, i was talking about bf4. but this new comparison video from ign clearly shows the difference.

The XB1 looks slightly sharper. Other then that, the game looks exactly the same. There isn't a huge difference at all. Just shows how great XB1's upscaler is for the system.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27  Edited By CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Be patient, console launches are always a little bit disappointing. Next year, Quantum Break and Titanfall are coming out

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

If you prefer MS franchises...then i don't see any issue with your purchase...aside the fact that early adopters usually have to wait while the good games arrive.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

try adjusting your tv and xbox settings....

theres multiple videos on this...

for some reason the x1 needs a lot of video tweaking to look great.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

All new consoles need time before they come into their own. Developers probably haven't scratched the surface in terms of PS4 or X1's graphical capabilities yet.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts