Should Crytek stop making games

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

They just released Warface and it looks beyond terrible from the looks of it. I was amazed by the launch trailer and then I saw the gameplay video of it with Cevat explaining Gface to Kevin VanOrd, and I was like WTF! First Ryse now this. They didn't make a good game after Warhead. Can't believe they are the same developer who made genre defining games like Far Cry and Crysis. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So what do you think, should they stop making games? I believe yes, they should only concentrate on CryEngine and perhaps help other devs with their technical skills, that's all they remain good for.

#2 Edited by campzor (34932 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

#4 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21774 posts) -

Crytek games are just eye candy.

#5 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

The Crysis series is ok.

#6 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

They make great benchmarks.

#7 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

The Crysis series is ok.

You are out of your mind if you think Crysis series is okay. Only the original and Warhead were good, after that they only made crap.

#8 Posted by SexyJazzCat (986 posts) -

Why should they stop making games? Let them dish em out, they might just craft a gem.

#9 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

They just released Warface and it looks beyond terrible from the looks of it. I was amazed by the launch trailer and then I saw the gameplay video of it with Cevat explaining Gface to Kevin VanOrd, and I was like WTF! First Ryse now this. They didn't make a good game after Warhead. Can't believe they are the same developer who made genre defining games like Far Cry and Crysis. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So what do you think, should they stop making games? I believe yes, they should only concentrate on CryEngine and perhaps help other devs with their technical skills, that's all they remain good for.

They jump to console thats why. console is cancer in industry.

How amazing Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1/warhead are and how later games suck so much.

#10 Posted by kingcrimson24 (466 posts) -

hey , RYSE looks awesome , its one of the reasons that doesn't let me jump to PS4

#11 Edited by II_Seraphim_II (20494 posts) -

They shouldnt be allowed to design games. They should be allowed to work on the technical aspects, but the art director, game director, level designer, writer and all that jazz needs to be handled by someone else. Pretty much, they either need to hire a lot of people with talent or merge with a company with talent.

#12 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1749 posts) -

Yes i hope they stop but people will still buy their games so they wont. Crysis 3 was really bad and Ryse looks much worse.

#13 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

Ryse looks great, people need to ignore the stupid gifs and alpha builds and actually look at the game we are going to play in November, its looks really promising. Its to early to judge it based on gameplay but its a good looking game with nice art and decent voice acting. The devs have already clarified the QTE are not QTE's just screen prompts for slow cinematic kills and points and that they have been heavily reduced after feedback. I dont get what everyones problem is. I would rather play a game in a new and interesting setting than another FPS rehash.

#14 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

@II_Seraphim_II said:

They shouldnt be allowed to design games. They should be allowed to work on the technical aspects, but the art director, game director, level designer, writer and all that jazz needs to be handled by someone else. Pretty much, they either need to hire a lot of people with talent or merge with a company with talent.

That is exactly what I'm saying. They should only be managing the technical part. I think they can really help the indie devs with their technical skills and it will be a win-win for everyone.

#15 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

I like Crysis, so yea I think they should.

#16 Posted by PAL360 (26930 posts) -

No. They are not worse than many other devs in the market.

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Crytek games are just eye candy.

You haven't played Crysis I take it?

#18 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I kind of agree to an extend but not that they should stop making games, they just need to hire people who understand those bits more

#19 Edited by drinkerofjuice (3209 posts) -

Someone should just usurp Cevat Yerli. They have the talent to make fine games, but probably not under that guys' direction. Not anymore at least.

#20 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

You cows sure are jelly of Ryse - you never stfu about it! Seriously... how many sheep/lemmings/hermits make Killzone threads?

#21 Posted by sukraj (23040 posts) -

Ryse looks promising and I cannot wait to play it next month.

#22 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yes, they should focus on their engine and licensing it to devs. Their games are pretty crap these days

#23 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

that 60/40 rule WORKS wounders for them....

#24 Posted by 35cent (916 posts) -

I haven't played a game of theirs that I would describe as bad, nor have seen a game of theirs that looks bad (gameplay wise) so I think they shouldn't stop making games

#25 Posted by lamprey263 (24151 posts) -

Why? They have the Crysis series, and a pretty good game engine they're trying to get others to license.

#26 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

They should just make tech demos because after Crysis 3 it's apparent they dont care about gameplay.

#27 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

I like how when a company makes an exclusive game for a platform they become public enemy #1 to the other factions... Keep making games crytek. Beginning of gen 8 for you starting with a promising new ip... Congrats.

#28 Posted by telefanatic (2881 posts) -

No i really enjoyed the original Crysis and Warhead, those two games made my jaw drop! They can still redeem them self's and come out with something fresh and engaging! Not that crap that was Crysis 2 and 3...

#29 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I like how when a company makes an exclusive game for a platform they become public enemy #1 to the other factions... Keep making games crytek. Beginning of gen 8 for you starting with a promising new ip... Congrats.

That's not the case with me. I still LOVE insomniac, even though they are making a exclusive for the xbone.

#30 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

No. Much worse developers out there.

#31 Posted by Netret0120 (2198 posts) -

They should be bought

#32 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

No but you should stop making threads.
If Ryse was a PS4 exclusive you guys would be praising it to high heaven.

#33 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

No, I think just developing an engine would be tough in the long run as you need to know how it works in practice and that is easier if you develop games in house.

#34 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

I liked the original Far Cry and Crysis 1. That's it.

Everything since then has been a tech demo.

#35 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

why should they stop exactly?

#36 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

No, there are much worse than Crytek

#37 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4069 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Ryse looks great, people need to ignore the stupid gifs and alpha builds and actually look at the game we are going to play in November, its looks really promising. Its to early to judge it based on gameplay but its a good looking game with nice art and decent voice acting. The devs have already clarified the QTE are not QTE's just screen prompts for slow cinematic kills and points and that they have been heavily reduced after feedback. I dont get what everyones problem is. I would rather play a game in a new and interesting setting than another FPS rehash.

Dont lems hate on god of war for the same reason you are praising ryse?

ryse is just going to be worse version of god of war if even comparable at all

#38 Edited by uninspiredcup (8927 posts) -

@NeonNinja said:

Because they make good graphics and good graphics must mean they are like a supermodel that is beautiful but devoid of personality. It's a cliche that must be true because other people said it (even though far cry and Crysis are two of the best shooters made).

#39 Edited by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

I honestly don't know what you're looking at. The gameplay looks boring as hell and clunky, at best.

#40 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Yes. All of their games are garbage since Crysis Warhead.

#41 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

No, they should just make PC exclusives like they used to, consolites don't want good games, they want more COD rehashes.

Not even real gamers.

#42 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

@Lumpy311 said:

No, they should just make PC exclusives like they used to, consolites don't want good games, they want more COD rehashes.

Not even real gamers.

Refreshing to get morons posting from different factions than just cows and lems.

#43 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

They already stopped making games after Warhead. All they make now are tech demos for their latest engines.

#44 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

@NeonNinja said:

Because I don't like them.

#45 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8978 posts) -

No, they shouldn't, they should quit being in cahoots with Electronic Arts instead.

#46 Edited by darkangel115 (1770 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: 99% of F2P games are pure crap. but crysis, Far cry, Ryse all say no they shouldn't. but all companies should stop making F2P P2W type crap games

#47 Posted by uninspiredcup (8927 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Lumpy311 said:

Not even real gamers.

Refreshing to get morons posting from different factions than just cows and lems.

But he's right.

#48 Posted by usagi704 (2058 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

They make great benchmarks.

That pretty much says it all.

#49 Posted by McStrongfast (4271 posts) -

You should stop making games.

#50 Edited by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -
@darkangel115 said:

@zeeshanhaider: 99% of F2P games are pure crap. but crysis, Far cry, Ryse all say no they shouldn't. but all companies should stop making F2P P2W type crap games

Thats BS. Planetside 2, League of Legends, Dota 2, Path of Exile, World of Tanks, Team Fortress 2, Warframe, and Smite just to name a few are all fantastic.