Should CaseyWegner be our mod?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts

The guy who made a 27+ page thread for the sole purpose of flaming.

He made hermits look like scum contradicting himself over and over again.

And he thinks...

this forum is a race for exclusive games...always has been.if the pc can take exclusivity away from the 360 then it's one fewer exclusive game that the ps3 or wii will need to catch or surpass the 360 in exclusives. CaseyWegner

Halo 3 = Genji

if somebody owns a gaming pc why would they get an xbox 360 to play the same game? this is system wars...not the outside world so don't start spouting about a better deal.

CaseyWegner

:|

[QUOTE="XanaduTheBand"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]some ppl just dont wanna spend $1500 on a pc when they can play the same game 2 years earlierCaseyWegner

and that's fine. the pc does a lot more than play games. it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Wait..I thought this was "system wars" not "what ever your system can do besides play games wars".. " :lol: Sorry Casey but you've contridicted yourself once again.

no i haven't.

yes you have Casey, yes you have.

Quite frankly, CaseyWegner makes me want out of system wars (thus this thread)

You know what I think? I think the people should be allowed to decide how to interpret such matters. They don't need it dictated to them. These kinds of therads milk the fun out of System Wars.

Dreams-Visions

Sounds like something a mod should say.

EDIT: I couldn't care less if he burns some lemmings. He shouldn't forcing his views about SW's down our throats.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:
tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tool_rage

Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:Magical_Zebra

I'd rather take it to the customers.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:Magical_Zebra

I don't know... shouldn't the people of SW be allowed to post a thread about a mod if they feel like it? There should be some level of a "democracy" here and free speech. Since this is a system wars thread and he is a SW mod they can discuss all they like. But if they wanna get serious they should go to CS.

I personally think Dreams would make the best Mod actually but that has nothing to do with my opinion of Casey

Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
You dont have a choice mate.
But yeah he is doing a great job. Stop whining, this is Sytem Wars, its hard enough to be a mod here.
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

cant see a problem with anything CASEY has said

it all makes sense

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Casey's not that bad. Quit cornering him!

Dreams-Visions should be a mod too. Then we'll have 3 mods ^.^ Cakeorrdeath, Caseywegner, and Dreams-Visions. The dream team!

Avatar image for Uzumaki_Naruto5
Uzumaki_Naruto5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Uzumaki_Naruto5
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
http://www.smartbizsites.com/randy/images/inb4.gif
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
He did nothing wrong. He was just stating that under the rules of this board the PC counts also. And he didn't make a 27+ thread, you all made it by whining. Like said, this is not a democracy, and it's not a reality show where you can just vote one system out because you don't like the competition.
hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

I think casey is a great mod, he has been called a lemming many times by cows so to say he has something against lemming is foolish. I do think casey needs to make another set of rules when it comes to the pc....cows use a pc far to many times when it comes to games that are on the 360.

It seems every single cow in SW owns a high end pc that can play bioshock,halo3,alan wake,crysis and other games

When A cow or lemming starts a thread having the ps3 VS the 360 the pc should never be even involved in the thread.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

yeah exactly, no-one gives a **** if you disagree with mods. if you want out of SW do us a favour.

oceansandearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 oceansandearth
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts

Casey Wegner, the messiah of lems, sheep and the hermits.

No prizes for guessing which one I left out.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

Casey's not that bad. Quit cornering him!

Dreams-Visions should be a mod too. Then we'll have 3 mods ^.^ Cakeorrdeath, Caseywegner, and Dreams-Visions. The dream team!

Eponique
Fuzzysquash would be a good mod also.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Odd that you claim he was bashing lemmings, he's very often accused of being a lemming himself. Which complaint is it you want to continue pointlessly repeating?
tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tool_rage

[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:marklarmer

yeah exactly, no-one gives a **** if you disagree with mods. if you want out of SW do us a favour.

Calm down big time.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:kcpp2b

I don't know... shouldn't the people of SW be allowed to post a thread about a mod if they feel like it? There should be some level of a "democracy" here and free speech. Since this is a system wars thread and he is a SW mod they can discuss all they like. But if they wanna get serious they should go to CS.

I personally think Dreams would make the best Mod actually but that has nothing to do with my opinion of Casey

Posting about a mod in System Wars is wayyyyyy off-topic.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]Ya know. You people kill me. This is not a "Democracy". You are treading on some very dangerous grounds right now. I suggest if you have a problem with the way a mod conducts himself or herself take it to customer service... :shock:Deihmos

Posting about a mod in System Wars is wayyyyyy off-topic.

why? Posting about a mod of system wars is off topic? Not saying I agree with the TC but if he's a mod in this forum what is off topic?

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

Casey makes threads go 50 pages long :(

And this actually is off-topic but there are lot of other threads that are off-topic here.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
You shouldn't take this place so seriously. Sure, you're annoyed that Casey is somewhat forceful of his opinions, but hey, no big deal. Just agree to disagree. He's a good mod in that he deals with fanboys, he locks stupid threads, and he keeps the place as tidy as possible. Liking him as a poster is completely subjective, but he does a good job as a mod.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Magical_Zebra

I don't know... shouldn't the people of SW be allowed to post a thread about a mod if they feel like it?kcpp2b

No they shouldnt. This is not "Magical_Zebra's website" or "The people who got their feelins hurt website". You agreed to a TOS and GS puts members in place to enforce their rules. If you dont like it leave. All Im saying is coming on "their" website spouting off about how "your not happy hear" is begging for some attention.

There should be some level of a "democracy" here and free speech. Since this is a system wars thread and he is a SW mod they can discuss all they like. But if they wanna get serious they should go to CS.kcpp2b
Again if you dont like the way GS runs "their" site, you can always leave.

I personally think Dreams would make the best Mod actually but that has nothing to do with my opinion of Caseykcpp2b
I personally like Dreams but if he is interested in being a mod maybe "apply"? :shock:

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
He does a better job than I could.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
I'm reading, but all I understand is a Lemming was hurt by what Casey said ... this was really not the best approach.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
its 'system wars', not 'lets all have a group hug'.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

I don't understand....are you upset because Casey won't let you flaunt Bio-Shock as an exclusive?

I too had problems with the "rules" about systemwars but it grows on you. It's always been exclusive games, period. IT doesn't change just because X360 sudddenly gets a cool game that happens to be on PC as well. I had to fight with him that PS3 first 8 months of software was basically the same quality as X360's first 8 months....but according to the rules of systemwars they did not. Live with it or leave.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
In a previous thread i have also stated straight to casey himself that he is a word that rhymes with lovable and starts with a T, Mod. His opinion is also sought as "divine fact/law" by some others on this very forum and he is very overrated. We need a new mod ... or... no mod at all ;) this is a war after all, UN can't jump in.
tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tool_rage

its 'system wars', not 'lets all have a group hug'.marklarmer

Did you just realise that you're in the wrong place?

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Yea...I once saw his comment in a thread about halo. Some user said that a lot of people claim that halo is the best fps ever. Casey quoted him and said, oh yeah; like who?....as if we're taking names....Everybody knows theres people who think that halo is the best fps out there, he was just being annoying.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

I don't know... shouldn't the people of SW be allowed to post a thread about a mod if they feel like it?Magical_Zebra

No they shouldnt. This is not "Magical_Zebra's website" or "The people who got their feelins hurt website". You agreed to a TOS and GS puts members in place to enforce their rules. If you dont like it leave. All Im saying is coming on "their" website spouting off about how "your not happy hear" is begging for some attention.

There should be some level of a "democracy" here and free speech. Since this is a system wars thread and he is a SW mod they can discuss all they like. But if they wanna get serious they should go to CS.kcpp2b
Again if you dont like the way GS runs "their" site, you can always leave.

I personally think Dreams would make the best Mod actually but that has nothing to do with my opinion of Caseykcpp2b
I personally like Dreams but if he is interested in being a mod maybe "apply"? :shock:

I disagree with you on all except about Dreams. Not sure why you're writing that to me pal. I am replying to the TC's poll and sayign I think Dreams "would" make the best mod that's all.

Anywho... I'm not talking about complaining which I think this thread is based on, I'm talking about people simply discussing their thoughts on how the mods are doing here and whatever.... I don't see what the big deal is with that. Sure it's their website but I'm not talking about bashing the mods or just doing a million complaints. Im just saying since this is a system wars threadn they are SW mods the people who make up this board should be allowed to discuss them here as long as it isn't crazy or based on being pissed off about a mod etc...

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
It's not so much Casey it's the really crappy moderation policy this forum has. Getting suspended for 7 days for calling someone a fool is just well...dumb.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
He goes against everyone, so because you caught him going against the lemmings you want him removed? Thats just plain stupid.
XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts
he's okay generally but that thread was an excercise in futility at making a valiid point. Casey got owned left and right on that one as everyone does at one point or another.
tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tool_rage

I don't understand....are you upset because Casey won't let you flaunt Bio-Shock as an exclusive?

I too had problems with the "rules" about systemwars but it grows on you. It's always been exclusive games, period. IT doesn't change just because X360 sudddenly gets a cool game that happens to be on PC as well. I had to fight with him that PS3 first 8 months of software was basically the same quality as X360's first 8 months....but according to the rules of systemwars they did not. Live with it or leave.

darthogre

What I didn't like about Caseys thread was how he started thinking his opinion on SW was law.

XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts
[QUOTE="darthogre"]

tool_rage

What I didn't like about Caseys thread was how he started thinking his opinion on SW was law.

Yeah, I called him the Jesse Jackson of SW at one point in the thread :lol:
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#35 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Casey does good as a mod.
No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts

I think that the mod that suspends me should be known to me and others so people know if someone is taking advantage of being a mod.

I don't know how often Casey suspends or bans people but if he does it quite often and for really crappy reasons I feel I have a right to know

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Look mods do their job on a voluntary basis, they geet no compensation about from a paid subscription at gamespot. In return they are subjected to a torrent of abuse from all sides. Casey gets blamed for 99% of the moderations in SW when in realityhe only gives out a fraction of them. He alternately gets accused of being biased from everyone. You might not agree with everything he says, thats fine he's a poster like everyone else here and has the right to air his views, right or wrong.

Just because you don't agree with his opinions does not make him a bad mod. His views have nothing to do with how he moderates. I don't always agree with Casey, yesterday about hiding behind the PC I certainly did not, but he's an entertaining poster and his threads provoke a fierce debate and SW has been lacking some of these recently.

On a side note this forum is certainly not the place to discussing MODS (thats just for mailer_daemon ;) ). Perhaps if some of the people here were more understanding andgrateful of the job the mods do, and think before they post, there wouldn't be such a need for them!

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts

Look mods do their job on a voluntary basis, they geet no compensation about from a paid subscription at gamespot. IN return they are subjected to a torrent of abuse from all sides. Casey get blamed for 99% of the moderations in SW when he only gives out a fraction of them. He alternately gets accused of being biased from everyone. You might not agree with everything he says, thats fine he's a poster like everyone else here and has the right to air his views, right or wrong.

Just because you don't agree with his opinions does not make him a bad mod. His views have nothing to do with how he moderates. I don't always agree with Casey, yesterday about hiding behind the PC I certainly did not, but he's an entertaining poster and his threads provoke a fierce debate and SW has been lacking some of these recently.

On a side note this forum is certainly not the place to discussing MODS (thats just for mailer_daemon ;) ). Perhaps if some of the people here were more understanding andgrateful of the job the mods do, and think before they post, there wouldn't be such a need for them!

blue_hazy_basic

How do you know?

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Magical_Zebra

Anywho... I'm not talking about complaining which I think this thread is based on, I'm talking about people simply discussing their thoughts on how the mods are doing here and whatever....kcpp2b
Its not appropriate on this forum, period. That leads to "oh noes teh mods are teh bias fanboys" and "i was banned 4 no reason 4 j0o!!" As you can see, there is even a ******* poll on whether Casey should even be a mod. Its a place and time for everything. Bringing up this topic here in SW is inappropriate and it should have been posted in "Ask The Mods" or the customer service link.

I don't see what the big deal is with that. Sure it's their website but I'm not talking about bashing the mods or just doing a million complaints.kcpp2b
And I never said you were. But thats what its leading to as you can see with the "complaints" and the "accusations" that he's a lemming.

Im just saying since this is a system wars threadn they are SW mods the people who make up this board should be allowed to discuss them here as long as it isn't crazy or based on being pissed off about a mod etc...kcpp2b

Customer Service and Ask The Mods. In open forums, it leads to flames and accusations.

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

He does his job, and does it rather well if you've ever been around in any other kind of forum with a large user base.
He's entitled to his own opinion, he's not a politican who has to go around pretending that they aresomething they are not just so *you* will be happy.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Magical_Zebra

It's not so much Casey it's the really crappy moderation policy this forum has. Getting suspended for 7 days for calling someone a fool is just well...dumb.Riviera_Phantom

Try this. Take responsibility for your own actions and dont call anyone a "fool" and maybe, just maybe.....you wont get suspended.. :shock:

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

I think that the mod that suspends me should be known to me and others so people know if someone is taking advantage of being a mod.

I don't know how often Casey suspends or bans people but if he does it quite often and for really crappy reasons I feel I have a right to know

No_Talent_Dev

you can go to the ask the mod forum to discuss moderations if you want. Very rarely do they give out information on who was responsible for the moderation though because that mod can be unfairly targeted (as Casey does in SW see my post above).

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I think Casey's been a pretty good mod, sure he gets a little forceful with his opinions from time to time but generally speaking he's been unbiased and open minded. And while Dreams would probably make a great mod he'd have the same problem as Casey Just look at his thread about the new heavenly sword video, despite offering an understandable opinion (and it clearly was an opinion)some of the posters absolutely lost it calling him all sorts of names. It was very casey-esque.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]It's not so much Casey it's the really crappy moderation policy this forum has. Getting suspended for 7 days for calling someone a fool is just well...dumb.Magical_Zebra

Try this. Take responsibility for your own actions and dont call anyone a "fool" and maybe, just maybe.....you wont get suspended.. :shock:

Exactly the rules are clearly written. If you flame someone you'll get punished. The TOS are there for a reason and it wasn't the mods that wrote them. Don't blame the messengers!

I do agree that sometimes they are vague but flaming is one of the major no no's.