zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Really excited for this game. December 6 can't come soon enough. Brings back memories of old Commandos series of games. Every stealth, tactics fan should look forward to it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Looks like one a dem mouse clicky games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46194 Posts

I see there is a demo, I got to try it out as I really miss games like Commandos and Desperados.

Game is launching on Sinterklaas :D

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

How the heck did I miss this one? I miss Commandos type games.

Now where's that demo?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I see there is a demo, I got to try it out as I really miss games like Commandos and Desperados.

Game is launching on Sinterklaas :D

Yes, there's a demo but I'll go completely in completely blind. It's by Daedalic Entertainment. It's bound to be loads of fun. :D

Oh wait, you said, Desperados? Let me check it out. I never heard about it before.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Somebody mentioned it in a thread with a couple of other games a few days ago. I'm interested. As far as I can see there's no co-op though. Too bad. Commandos with another player was even more awesome.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46194 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yes, there's a demo but I'll go completely in completely blind. It's by Daedalic Entertainment. It's bound to be loads of fun. :D

Oh wait, you said, Desperados? Let me check it out. I never heard about it before.

I tried the demo primarily to see if the game works in 21:9, which it does :D

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive is the first one in a series of games. I only played that one, but it seems to be the best of the bunch anyway.

It's pretty much the exact same game as Commandos.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Looks like an Assassin's Creed Tactics game set in Shogunate Japan that I've always wanted.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

The last time I asked Pyro studios, someone said that they were working on a new commandos for mobile (android/ios).

Desperados and Robin Hood were hugely popular in Germany, so I'm not surprised this is coming from a german developer/publisher Mimimi Productions/Daedalic. Unfortunately there aren't that many English speaking dev videos about this game, but Gamestar, the biggest German PC gaming magazine covers this game quite a lot. It definitely deserves more attention.

I enjoyed the demo, and it definitely enflamed that spark of Commandos. It brings a lot of flair and gameplay fun into it and the characters play very uniquely. Love the amount of possibilities you have. Great art and a lot of good design choices. Although I do miss the inventory and indoors, but I do see the potential for this game. A very unique blend between "tactical", modern music and traditional Japanese instruments. I also really like shadow mode and the little feeling of accomplishment when a plan works. Game is really well optimised, loads of PC graphics options. Looking forward to the full game. Shadow Tactics seems to be the real deal, this game might turn out to be indie sleeper hit of December.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Commandos... Ah man,,, good times.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts
Loading Video...

AMA with the developers: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5gtx8o/im_johannes_i_run_mimimi_productions_developer_of/