Shadow Fall remote play on Vita = badass

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45095 Posts

Decided to give this a try on the Vita and you know what, it works really well! Even better than the Gamepad imo. Would totally recommend to any PS4 owner. Online multiplayer worked pretty well too (the pic is from an online match).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

cool story bro

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Mediocrity in your pocket. Lovely.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

jealousy in a post. pitiful

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
@killatwill15 said:

I might get jealous about good games that I'm unable to play.

Try again.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Yup so bad it's arse.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Given Digital Foundry's findings, I may just forego Remote Play entirely. If anything, i'll use it for slower games, such as RPG's.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Doesn't make the game less crappy

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

The memory card prices kills it for me. Well that and next to no games for me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

fixed...

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Do most ps4 owners even player the multiplayer

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

No. I've played it on maybe three separate occasions just to give it a chance and it reminds me of an online console game from the mid 2000's. The other next-gen online shooters (BF4, CoD, and Titanfall) blow it out of the water. Every Killzone game's multiplayer has been mediocre at best, which would explain why Killzone 3's multiplayer was free to play for the PS3 and still nobody played it. The community will be dead within a couple of months if it isn't already.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@TheFadeForever said:

No. I've played it on maybe three separate occasions just to give it a chance and it reminds me of an online console game from the mid 2000's. The other next-gen online shooters (BF4, CoD, and Titanfall) blow it out of the water. Every Killzone game's multiplayer has been mediocre at best, which would explain why Killzone 3's multiplayer was free to play for the PS3 and still nobody played it. The community will be dead within a couple of months if it isn't already.

admittedly, the community is pretty small, but those who do play are into it (pretty much like any other killzone game). it's not for everyone that's for sure, but I still like it to a certain degree

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Given Richard Leadbetter's findings, I may just forego Remote Play entirely. If anything, i'll use it for slower games, such as RPG's.

It works fine. I remember that lolrichardleadbetter article and then I tried it. In fact, the lady uses it when I'm playing Titanfall so she can play PS4 PS+ games like Don't Starve or Contrast.

I've used as well. It's actually really cool for what it is. She uses the Wii U in the same manner. I prefer my Plasma and 7.1, but she is more forgiving with tiny handheld screens.

That said, I did try BF4 and Knack out to experiment with it. I played BF4 online with the Vita while she was watching Shrek 4 Blu-Ray. You can even turn the PS4 on with the Vita. I don't have to fiddle turning channels or trying to sync up, it's easy breezy right from the Vita screen.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Wow!

Much lol

Such Lem

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lundy86_4

@SolidTy said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Given Digital Foundry's findings, I may just forego Remote Play entirely. If anything, i'll use it for slower games, such as RPG's.

It works fine. I remember that lolrichardbetter article and then I tried it. In fact, the lady uses it when I'm playing Titanfall so she can play PS4 PS+ games like Don't Starve or Contrast.

I've used as well. It's actually really cool for what it is.

I don't dispute that it works. Just that if i'm playing, i'd rather utilize the initial display. Remote Play seems great for on the go, but I would never use it in that instance.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy
@lundy86_4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Given Richard Leadbetter''s findings, I may just forego Remote Play entirely. If anything, i'll use it for slower games, such as RPG's.

It works fine. I remember that lolrichardleadbetter article and then I tried it. In fact, the lady uses it when I'm playing Titanfall so she can play PS4 PS+ games like Don't Starve or Contrast.

I've used as well. It's actually really cool for what it is. She uses the Wii U in the same manner. I prefer my Plasma and 7.1, but she is more forgiving with tiny handheld screens.

That said, I did try BF4 and Knack out to experiment with it. I played BF4 online with the Vita while she was watching Shrek 4 Blu-Ray. You can even turn the PS4 on with the Vita. I don't have to fiddle turning channels or trying to sync up, it's easy breezy right from the Vita screen.

I don't dispute that it works. Just that if i'm playing, i'd rather utilize the initial display. Remote Play seems great for on the go, but I would never use it in that instance.

It's like the Wii U tablet convenience, but certainly I agree I prefer the main screen. It's nice when in a pinch wrestling for the giant HDTV screen, but I prefer the full screen HDTV treatment with 7.1 surround.

I'm just lucky the woman and visiting family aren't as picky. I'm actually like you, I would rather use the initial display as well and 99% of the time with Wii U and PS4, I do just that. If you have a lady in the house or family though, it's a nice option they can play Wii U or PS4 games sitting next to you in the living-room, but depends on the lifestyle if it's something for you or not.

I just wanted to throw out my time with the function since I actually put it through the paces and came away surprised at how well it worked.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lundy86_4

@SolidTy said:

It's like the Wii U tablet convenience, but certainly I agree I prefer the main screen. It's nice when in a pinch wrestling for the giant HDTV screen, but I prefer the full screen HDTV treatment with 7.1 surround.

I'm just lucky the woman and visiting family aren't as picky. I'm actually like you, I would rather use the initial display as well and 99% of the time with Wii U and PS4, I do just that. If you have a lady in the house or family though, it's a nice option they can play Wii U or PS4 games sitting next to you in the living-room, but depends on the lifestyle if it's something for you or not.

Preaching to the choir lol. Back when I was dating one of my exes, I had to set up a separate TV, so she could watch her shows or play the Wii. ATM I have multiple choices, which is great.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidTy
@lundy86_4 said:

@SolidTy said:

I just wanted to throw out my time with the function since I actually put it through the paces and came away surprised at how well it worked.

Preaching to the choir lol. Back when I was dating one of my exes, I had to set up a separate TV, so she could watch her shows or play the Wii. ATM I have multiple choices, which is great.

Haha, you know the drill.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Honestly, every-time I tried it on my Vita, it was fairly laggy. I thought that it could've been my internet connection. But, even when i directly connected to my PS4 without the need for internet connection, it still lagged. So I gave it up. But, it's a neat feature that has it's uses/advantages.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Tried it out on mine. Hated it. The controls are awful because you don't have enough buttons on the Vita to do what you want. Not only that but the Vita thumbsticks don't feel great for it either

Other games like Don't Starve are great for Remote Play but not KZ:SF

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Doesn't make the game less crappy

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

So, input lag = badass now?

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

Nice Pocket Flopper you got there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46252 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

fixed...

A pirate themed Killzone ?

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killatwill15

@freedomfreak said:
@killatwill15 said:

I might get jealous about good games that I'm unable to play.

Try again.

what is stopping you, bias?

try again

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I'm starting to think you may be on the Sony payroll with all your propaganda threads...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@remiks00: make sure your ps4 is directly connected to your router

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

@seanmcloughlin: what couldnt you do? for running you gotta double tap the back, to throw grenade you swipe on the right side, etc

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Tried it out on mine. Hated it. The controls are awful because you don't have enough buttons on the Vita to do what you want. Not only that but the Vita thumbsticks don't feel great for it either

Other games like Don't Starve are great for Remote Play but not KZ:SF

I agree with this. For simple aim and shoot mechanics it works like a dream and look soooo good. However running, throwing a knife after a takedown and grenade play proved to be a bit problematic for me. Just too many touchy/pressy/swipey things to remember.

@SolidGame_basic I still cannot seem to get the knife throwing to work.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
@killatwill15 said:

try again

Weak trolling. Like, really weak.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Why let a website decide for you? If you have both devices then I'd say it's worth trying for yourself. I personally enjoy using it but to each his own.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killatwill15

@freedomfreak said:
@killatwill15 said:

try again

Weak trolling. Like, really weak.

that was confessional

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Killzone multplayer has never been as popular as others because it is completely different. The weapon and player physics alone drive off all the COD players used to a floating crosshairs. Battlefield has been migrating their game towards COD for a while. TitanFall has basically zero recoil on their weapons.

Then you have all the different gadgets on the classes like mobile spawn points, etc. that you don't have in COD or BF. The warzone matches are different too since they essentially pack 5 game modes into one match and switch between them. You have to be ready for the next objective.

So when someone switches to Killzone from COD or BF, there's a learning curve they don't want to deal with. The players that stick it out love the game. I love playing SF. But then I'm fine with the fact it's so different from COD and other games. I also find the classes do a better job of creating teamwork.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

Killzone multplayer has never been as popular as others because it is completely different. The weapon and player physics alone drive off all the COD players used to a floating crosshairs. Battlefield has been migrating their game towards COD for a while. TitanFall has basically zero recoil on their weapons.

Then you have all the different gadgets on the classes like mobile spawn points, etc. that you don't have in COD or BF. The warzone matches are different too since they essentially pack 5 game modes into one match and switch between them. You have to be ready for the next objective.

So when someone switches to Killzone from COD or BF, there's a learning curve they don't want to deal with. The players that stick it out love the game. I love playing SF. But then I'm fine with the fact it's so different from COD and other games. I also find the classes do a better job of creating teamwork.

I think that's why I like it, it's a nice break from other first person shooters.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin: what couldnt you do? for running you gotta double tap the back, to throw grenade you swipe on the right side, etc

I don't mean I couldn't flat out do them altogether, just that the controls are poor and don't allow you to do things as fluidly. Holding the rear touch pad for stuff is extremely unreliable, sometimes it just doesn't register your touch or you're not touching in the right spot etc.

Touch buttons emulating proper buttons never work perfectly

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Why would anyone want to play a console game on a handheld? In inferior hardware at that.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

why would i want to play that on an inferior screen , on inferior then wiiu hardware in the first place let alone already inferior then ps3 hardware ,, and lack of buttons , and clickable joysticks , , ya the wiiu game pad if it were possible would be a better option then a vita why because it has all the buttons needed

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Looks amazing. I would get a vita, however, I'm still waiting for a phone/handheld combo.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#40  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@alcapello said:

Looks amazing. I would get a vita, however, I'm still waiting for a phone/handheld combo.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'll give it a try on PSV... I wish the game had a bigger community since its multiplayer is fun !!

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

yep I agree. the Vita remote play works extremely well. it's quite funny to look at all the butt hurt and jelly that it causes in non vita ps4 owners.

must suck living a life of mediocrity, with so few luxuries.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I used it a couple of times during a bathroom break when I was playing the campaign. The controls aren't tight enough for it to be viable for online, so I don't think this tech is a good fit for this particular game.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I take back what I said. Sony must have updated the stability since I last played it back in January. Mgs ground zeros was pretty awesome on it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic

@Ghost120x said:

I take back what I said. Sony must have updated the stability since I last played it back in January. Mgs ground zeros was pretty awesome on it.

Nice, can't wait to play that.