September 25th big for many reasons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Thats the day Halo 3 comes out. Now it will surely sell well, and it will sell 360s.

But heres a scenario for you what if the Wii passes the 360 before then?

Halo will surely put it back on top right? 4 million pre-orders right? Do you really think 4 million 360s will be sold? Furthermore with a game like Gears of War selling 3.7 million copies (as much as twilight princess on wii might i add) during a time when 360 sales have slumped 65% during the first 8 months of the year it doesn't look like that sold that many 360s for that long of time.

So if the Wii is already even or very little behind the 360 right now (some sites and groups say Wii is already 100,000 behind or 500,000 behind) then if the Wii holds the 360 off even with Halo 3 it will be a landmark day in gaming for many reasons other than whatever spiffy game is released.

Think about it if the Wii passes the 360 and stays ahead of it despite Halo 3 then

September 25th could go down as the last day the 360 truly dominated.

It would be a turning point in this generation with Ninty being scorned previously by a new gen of gamers who play Halo to only send it back at them with there new console.

I for one think the 360 is a good system but I really think slowly but surely it will finish 3rd.

Honestly, its japan. theres no way and MS must know no one ever wins the console wars without winning Japan.

There are many reasons to say this won't happen, and it might not.

But if Halo 3 can't fend off the Wii's popularity than nothing can for the 360.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darth-pyschosis

Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3MikeE21286

Really? Well sorry. I was told that time and time again when I worked at GameStop so i guess i was fed one of many lies by that company but that goes even further to prove my point.

BTW didn't Peter Moore say Halo 3 was going to make up half of video gaming spending this year?

With 1 million pre-orders how? Where does the 5 million selling Wii play fit into this?

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3darth-pyschosis

Really? Well sorry. I was told that time and time again when I worked at GameStop so i guess i was fed one of many lies by that company but that goes even further to prove my point.

BTW didn't Peter Moore say Halo 3 was going to make up half of video gaming spending this year?

With 1 million pre-orders how? Where does the 5 million selling Wii play fit into this?

the other halo games had a 33% attach rate. with only 11 million 360s out there now, and lets say that Halo 3 pushes one million more(would be amazing). You are looking a 4 million copies of Halo 3 sold. If alot more than 4 million sell, it's safe to say that alot of Halo fans already owned an xbox360. of course more copies sell later on, but im talking holiday season.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3darth-pyschosis

They expect to make 155 million off Halo 3 at launch, topping even Spider man at the box office.

Anyway not everyone has a preorder thats going to be getting the game, even I myself havnt preordered it yet so Im assuming theres still a lot of people out there that will buy it without preorders.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3justforlotr2004

They expect to make 155 million off Halo 3 at launch, topping even Spider man at the box office.

Anyway not everyone has a preorder thats going to be getting the game, even I myself havnt preordered it yet so Im assuming theres still a lot of people out there that will buy it without preorders.

how can the halo 3 release be so huge when Halo 2 sold about as many copies as there are xbox 360s

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Only 1 million? 360 only has a user base of 6-7 million in U.S. Halo 2 had 1.5 million preorders with a userbase of 13 million at the time. And this is not including outside NA. It will be big in Europe(well mostly UK but still).

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darth-pyschosis
All the talk about what Halo 3 will sell is great but lets get to my point about what it could mean if given scenario happens.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
no it has 1 million just in the US
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

justforlotr2004

Yep,

I didn't preorder yet either. I'm waiting till early September to place mine.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I think this is going to be a defining year for the 360, if with Halo and the many other hits that are coming the 360 can keep the lead then the 360 is going to be number 1 for a long time. But if even with Halo and all these other hits the 360 fails to keep the lead from the Nintendo Wii then in my opinion it all over for the 360 to ever be in the lead again.

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3Koalakommander

how can the halo 3 release be so huge when Halo 2 sold about as many copies as there are xbox 360s

There are hunderads of thousands of people still playing Halo 2 on Xbox that will eventually switch over to Xbox 360 to play Halo 3, and what better time than right after a price drop along with huge games coming out and it being the holiday. Also the legendary package costs $130 and they have just about sold out of them at every store.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Only 1 million pre-order, not 4 million for Halo 3justforlotr2004

There are hunderads of thousands of people still playing Halo 2 on Xbox that will eventually switch over to Xbox 360 to play Halo 3, and what better time than right after a price drop along with huge games coming out and it being the holiday. Also the legendary package costs $130 and they have just about sold out of them at every store.

k so after everyone swithces over, ur still looking at the 8-10 million copies -- in the long run. I don't see why everyone hypes Halo 3 as the greatest selling game in history. GT3 sold 15 million.

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

I cant wait to see the faces on the lemmings whos 360's die when playing Halo 3

Imagine if it happened at the ending:lol:

plat1num913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 plat1num913
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chip
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koalakommander

360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chipplat1num913

after the Halo 3 craze dies down, the Xbox360 will repeat the history of Xbox. Basically what i mean is, the console will have a 2-3 great selling games, and then some really good games that dont sell well at all (i.e mass effect).

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darth-pyschosis
Despite what all you fanboy say Halo 3 will never in a million years sell more than Super Mario World (18 million) Tetris GameBoy (30 million) or the original Super MarioBros (40 million)
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 justforlotr2004

k so after everyone swithces over, ur still looking at the 8-10 million copies -- in the long run. I don't see why everyone hypes Halo 3 as the greatest selling game in history. GT3 sold 15 million.

Koalakommander

Its the fastest selling game in history, not the most sold game in history.

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 justforlotr2004

[QUOTE="plat1num913"]360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chipKoalakommander

after the Halo 3 craze dies down, the Xbox360 will repeat the history of Xbox. Basically what i mean is, the console will have a 2-3 great selling games, and then some really good games that dont sell well at all (i.e mass effect).

Xbox 360 has the biggest attach rate of games this gen, not even the Wii which is right behind the 360 has anywhere close to the attach rate of games as the 360.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="plat1num913"]360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chipjustforlotr2004

Xbox 360 has the biggest attach rate of games this gen, not even the Wii which is right behind the 360 has anywhere close to the attach rate of games as the 360.

it has the biggest attach rate with Halo. If you haven't noticed, any other decent game on the Xbox barely sold one million. If Bioshock flops in sales (less then 2 mill), I think thats a sure sign of the 360 not selling in the future.

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="plat1num913"]360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chipKoalakommander

it has the biggest attach rate with Halo. If you haven't noticed, any other decent game on the Xbox barely sold one million. If Bioshock flops in sales (less then 2 mill), I think thats a sure sign of the 360 not selling in the future.

How can it have the biggest attach rate with halo when there isnt even a halo released on the xbox 360 yet smart one?

plat1num913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 plat1num913
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
You guys gotta remember that when xbox 1 came out, ps2 had been out for a while and it was the second system for sony which gives them a big advantage, this time around 360 came out earlier and coming out with better games, if you ask me those people who have a ps2 still will def go for 360, not all but most, and offcoarse the biggest advantage 360 is its price, sooner or later it will drop even lower while the ps3 will still be a 499 + system
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="plat1num913"]360 is going to sell like hot cakes this coming months with their major lineup dropping, and you cant forget that ppl want to buy the 360 but they are waiting for the new chipjustforlotr2004

How can it have the biggest attach rate with halo when there isnt even a halo released on the xbox 360 yet smart one?

i am assuming by the insane number of preorders and hype for Halo 3, that the attach rate is just as large this gen as it was last gen.

Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

Great, you talk about sales!

Let's talk about games! Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you don't have any right now....

vgplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vgplaya
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

It's gonna be bigger than anything media-related. SCORE for the Xbox360.

The only thing the Wii has is SSBB, but people aren't even thinking it's that big. I mean, I LOVE SSB. And it's awesome. Shouldn't that count as a SCORE for the Wii?

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 justforlotr2004

i am assuming by the insane number of preorders and hype for Halo 3, that the attach rate is just as large this gen as it was last gen.

Koalakommander

Well Im talking about game attach rate, and before halo the attach rate of games per 360 owner is at a higher average than any other next gen console.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Koalakommander

Let's talk about games! Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you don't have any right now....

Uncle_Uzi

the thread was about sales 0_o.

Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts
[QUOTE="Uncle_Uzi"]

Koalakommander

the thread was about sales 0_o.

I'm making a point.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

The only thing the Wii has is SSBB, but people aren't even thinking it's that big. I mean, I LOVE SSB. And it's awesome. Shouldn't that count as a SCORE for the Wii?

vgplaya

Mario will be huge also..Heck New Super Mario sold 10 million alone. And I have no idea what people you are talking about that don't think SSBB will be huge.

vgplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vgplaya
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts
[QUOTE="vgplaya"]

HarlockJC

Mario will be huge also..Heck New Super Mario sold 10 million alone. And I have no idea what people you are talking about that don't think SSBB will be huge.

What I meant by that is that people don't think it's gonna be one of those revolutionary games. Its gonna be big though.