Sell an Xbox One to me.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

As a PC / PS4 / Wii U owner... what should I be excited about for Xbox One in 2015? Basically I'm 50/50 due to having quite a few friends only having Xbox One (sigh... us brits are brand babies sometimes. "xbox better yo") ... but I need that extra push to justify £300! (why the f*ck does it cost as much as a PS4 when its weaker AND WITHOUT Kinect?).

So... GO!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

FH2. Only reason to own an X1 at the moment.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Just don't and save yourself the embarrassment

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Do I look like a miracle worker?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

kinect

lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

kinect

lol

I dunno, I could see that thing being an effective paperweight/self-defence implement.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

and x1 doesnt cost £300, i got mine months ago with failo collection + alien isolation for £320. instantly traded alien in at cex for £30 cash so actually ended up costing £290

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

As a PC / PS4 / Wii U owner... what should I be excited about for Xbox One in 2015? Basically I'm 50/50 due to having quite a few friends only having Xbox One (sigh... us brits are brand babies sometimes. "xbox better yo") ... but I need that extra push to justify £300! (why the f*ck does it cost as much as a PS4 when its weaker AND WITHOUT Kinect?).

So... GO!

sup herm you might wanna check out my now locked thread i address people like you how people like you should be jelly of MCC just ignore the part where i call people trash that was rude of me.

my locked thread about why hermits are missing out xb1

all i gotta say as PC Gamer you should know that the xb1 HAS FAR better value for you then ps4

PC/XBox are together USA products basically were the same people your brethen

most pc users play xbox on monitors and stuff and are tech savy and own every system

why the heck would a tech savvy person like a pc user NOT own a current gen system that has titles like MCC an stuff

think about who are u dude? you bought a wiiU and a ps4 and have a pc but XB1 is just not good enough for you

think about that dude no u owned 360

u owned a xbox original

and now its ur time to pick xb1 like you've done for all the other systems stop dissing it an just do it

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't understand this need to own all the game consoles now. You can wait a year or more before you actually pick up an Xbox One. **** your friends, you don't need to spend £300 just to game with them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't understand this need to own all the game consoles now. You can wait a year or more before you actually pick up an Xbox One.

Well... friends is the case here. only 1 freind of mine has a PS4 (again, sad sheepish UK attitude past on from last gen without doing any research)... 3 of my active console gaming friends are on XBOX One..... most of my friends (PC gamers) are just f*cking playing World of Warcraft (which im sick of) ... so I'm between a rock and a hard place.

E.G ... I would pick up CoD/GTA and similar games to play with them.... but I'd like some actually "pluses" beyond that.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

One reason could be you love collecting stuff even it is garbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@scottpsfan14 said:

Xbox One is getting Halo 5, Tomb Raider 2, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Crackdown 3, Forza 6 and more this year. That is more than enough reason to own one. You might not be super hyped by any of these, but they are games none the less. Arguably as good of a line up as PS4's this year.

It's not a bad line up yea.... about as interesting as the PS4s (in its own way) to me. I'd pick up Fable, rent QB ... TR2 I think I'd wait for PC version. Halo 5 pending on if freinds get it. Forza... I dunno havn't been into racers for years but tempted to try the current Forza bundle if I purchase an X1.

How is Games - for gold doing? building up a sizable catelog with PSN+.... is it pretty even or bare bones to PSN?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Xbox One is getting Halo 5, Tomb Raider 2, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Crackdown 3, Forza 6 and more this year. That is more than enough reason to own one. You might not be super hyped by any of these, but they are games none the less. Arguably as good of a line up as PS4's this year.

It's not a bad line up yea.... about as interesting as the PS4s (in its own way) to me. I'd pick up Fable, rent QB ... TR2 I think I'd wait for PC version. Halo 5 pending on if freinds get it. Forza... I dunno havn't been into racers for years but tempted to try the current Forza bundle if I purchase an X1.

How is Games - for gold doing? building up a sizable catelog with PSN+.... is it pretty even or bare bones to PSN?

games for gold is garbage.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Games with gold is focused mainly on 360 titles. You get maybe 1 Xbox one title a month with a gold account. All of them have been downloadable releases as well, none of them have been full game releases like with PS plus.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

you already got the 3 monsters, the X1 is not worth getting

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Games with gold is focused mainly on 360 titles. You get maybe 1 Xbox one title a month with a gold account. All of them have been downloadable releases as well, none of them have been full game releases like with PS plus.

which wouldn't be so bad if the xbone had a selection of indie games as big as the ps4

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't know. I was really tempted to pick one of the Unity bundles up during the Black Friday sales here in the U.S. If the MCC was working better I probably would have taken the deal. Since it wasn't the only other games that really interested me were Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising. Not enough to justify the price of an Xbone.

Personally, I think I will wait for the inevitable slim model, or until there are enough exclusives (actual exclusives, not exclusives that then move onto the PC) to justify a purchase. I'm in no rush. MS really needs to step up their game on exclusives, otherwise I have no reason to add another console anytime soon.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Playing games with friends you care about should sell itself. But if not, probably not much else to sell you on considering you have PS4, Wii U, and PC.

Reasons I picked up an Xbox One is it had games I wanted to play that aren't on the PS4. Being you're a PC gamer that wouldn't apply as much to you since many of those games are on PC as well, but I don't have a gaming capable PC, so those console exclusives people say aren't exclusives because they're on PC actually matter to me.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

1) TV

2) Sports

3) CoD and Halo

Your "dudebro-ness" will go up atleast 10 points.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Topics like these are soooo lame!

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brentendo3
Member since 2013 • 176 Posts

As a Wii U owner, the fact that a Banjo game may be coming out. Whether or not they show BK3 at e3 is going to decide if I get an X1 or PS4.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

and x1 doesnt cost £300, i got mine months ago with failo collection + alien isolation for £320. instantly traded alien in at cex for £30 cash so actually ended up costing £290

Why the **** did you get rid of Alien? Shows what kind of a gamer you are.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

you should buy one because you brought a ps4 solely due to hype even though the XB1 is better in every way right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Boddicker said:

1) TV

2) Sports

3) CoD and Halo

get some doritos mountain dew, order some buffalo wings

dude brah i got the game oh ya brah dat halo dat halo dat halo

halo 3 dude bro, dude yeah man got the game on watchin da espn on the side u know that

of course brah it always got that on

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

@MBirdy88 said:

So... GO!

sup herm you might wanna check out my now locked thread i address people like you how people like you should be jelly of MCC just ignore the part where i call people trash that was rude of me.

my locked thread about why hermits are missing out xb1

all i gotta say as PC Gamer you should know that the xb1 HAS FAR better value for you then ps4

PC/XBox are together USA products basically were the same people your brethen

most pc users play xbox on monitors and stuff and are tech savy and own every system

why the heck would a tech savvy person like a pc user NOT own a current gen system that has titles like MCC an stuff

think about who are u dude? you bought a wiiU and a ps4 and have a pc but XB1 is just not good enough for you

think about that dude no u owned 360

u owned a xbox original

and now its ur time to pick xb1 like you've done for all the other systems stop dissing it an just do it

You don't even own Xbox one and that you been wanting a PS4 few days ago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Boddicker said:

1) TV

2) Sports

3) CoD and Halo

heh tbh I dont mind the "occasional game of CoD" especially if the company is good, and my freinds are in no way "dude bros" :P

@clr84651 said:

Topics like these are soooo lame!

k?

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

I wouldn't recommend an Xbox One if you like the following

1) Shoddy network

2) data leaks

3) over priced console

4) Indie Games

5) lack of games

6) poor/delayed exclusives

7) Noisy console

8) horrible controller

9) Shoddy build quality

10) a company that's bleeding money, possible bankrupt before the end of this gen

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#30  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

No.

Blog it or ask in the lounge.